It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have to admit that I'm enjoying this post.

I used to work as a Realtor. This was during a slow period in Real Estate and I would sometimes find myself at an open house with no one there.

So I started doing a chant and while chanting I would visualize a couple coming to my open house. I would picture this couple wanting to purchase a house from me. I would persist in this ritual for about 20-30 minutes or until someone came to the open house.

I was surprised how often this would work. I would seem to call clients to me. This was long before information about LOA was so readily available. I would usually start to worry that I was doing something that was wrong by this chant and then I wouldn't do it.

But sometime later, when I was once again short on clients, I would kick in the chant and the visualization and sure enough in would walk another client that wanted to purchase a house and use me as their agent. I was trying to attract people who wanted to buy a house and who would fit well in a business relationship with me.

My broker said to me once he could always tell when my clients came into the office because they were laughing and smiling. They were relaxed and confident in the decisions that they had made.

So, I have to give a big thumbs up to LOA.

I'm considering applying LOA to the question "What should I do with the rest of my life?"

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Star for that. Well done. In truth I discount Paul as a fraud myself but he does parrot enough of the message to be believed by many.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well, you have found that "mising link" in your recent posts. Privately I really hesitate to call this stuff "law of attraction" or even "reality creating". Post appropriatly it might be called "reality surfing surrender steering receiving"....but that sounds like crap and nobody will give a damn

As Illahee said, there is no path to happiness, happiness is the path. And YES, one first aligns with all-that-is, with the field, the force, before one "creates". And we dont really create but merely tune into what has already been laid out as the most ideal-life-for-us by a superordinate level of consciousness.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I was lying around in the spa today thinking about your posts. And the following thought came to mind, I´ll add it here:

Happiness is sitting in an open air jacuzzi in the pouring rain, making love to a stranger.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Some of us may include a tumbler with rocks and a half fill of upland scotch from a hand crafted batch of 50 bottles total at about 45 years old and so calm and gentle you can hold it within the mouth and savor each of the flavors.

Or in the snow, a Ocean vodka martini shaken till there is about 1/8" of ice film floating the top.

Melted brie rolled into a thin slice of duck breast on thick sweet crackers and a bit of wild blueberry and wild currant jam on top still with little wisps of steam floating up into the snowy night mixing with the spa steam.

Sorry bout that. Old timer here, working different angles now......

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

oh my god...now you´re talking HAPPINESS.

Much preferrable to all the desperate mind-fk of some of these "spiritual" lessons.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Speaking of Happiness, I'm going to upload something that a friend sent to me months and months ago. I loved it immediately. It's a powerpoint but I found it on youtube so please forgive the terrible quality of the video.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by sc2099]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

mmmmmmmmmmm.....the simplicity of the message...as well as the simplicity of making the video...thank you.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Well, you have found that "mising link" in your recent posts. Privately I really hesitate to call this stuff "law of attraction" or even "reality creating". Post appropriatly it might be called "reality surfing surrender steering receiving"....but that sounds like crap and nobody will give a damn

More truthfully, we found it. It was clearly a collective effort, and in truth a very good example of that law in play. Alignment with the collective will, (what presented as an issue or problem) collaboration of individuals doing what they do best, without overly caring for their own will/benefit, but rather with the focus on the doing for its own sake, and with an eye to the benefit of the greater Self or the many.

That is a rough statement of the "law" but I do intend to look at nuance and order of operations. It seems certain we have found a bit that the popular books are either not mentioning at all, or seriously understating, however I do want to lay it out, and then "run it" to be sure it operates the way it should. And of course, throw the re-statements back out to the doers for assessment and refinement.

Sadly, you are correct, the Law of Discernment is not as "sexy" or "appealing" as the Law of Attraction is. An interesting thought I had was triggered by Illahee introducing the Jesus/Paul issue into the mix. The law of discernment/attraction divide is at heart the same one. Is faith alone the formula? Or must good works and a recognition of a greater will and the interconnection of all people/things be recognized and submitted to?

Paul says someone already did the work for you, and all you need is faith/belief. His "law" is all about the mind and individual thinking. And in his law, heaven is in the future. You can have it someday IF.....only you believe.

Jesus said that no, you need to act, and act in such a way that honors all others and provides benefit to others, and trust that in doing so, the Divine would not leave you out or make you suffer. Jesus said the "kingdom of heaven is at hand" or right there, graspable in any moment. Now. You needed the eyes to see it, and the ears to hear it, and trust to enter into it. Discernment.

We all know which the more popular "law" was, and the one that predominated. (Regardless who got the religion named after them.)

And we all know how that has been played out.

Wouldnt it be nice if we tried the other way for a while?

Obviously, some do. The best "doers" of the LoA, are actually doing more than the LoA, like yourselves. And in Skyfloating's case, I am sure that when he interacts with clients he is teaching them what he does, and not just the "law." But think how much more effective it could be if the Law were stated more accurately? How many people out there do NOT have personal access to an expert to show them, they rely entirely on what they read. How many of them are walking into the same wall, over and over again, trying harder and harder to believe it isnt there when in fact, all they ever had to do was change course and go around?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

But think how much more effective it could be if the Law were stated more accurately?

Hmmmm....each person attracts precisely the versions and information that match his/her current level of understanding and energy-radiation. So, in this sense and imo, its already taken care of. And as you are calling out for certain types of information...you receive.

Do you realize that you wouldnt understand, recognize or apply a single word of information that does not match your level of consciousness?

Or that being able to read/grasp something means you already had it in you to start with?

How many people out there do NOT have personal access to an expert to show them, they rely entirely on what they read.

Yes. But that "teacher" will only show up when they are ready. And if you´re in a low state, you will attract a teacher who performs poorly. Ive seen this so many times, its amazing.

In law-of-attraction context, this thread is invisible to most. And I dont mean that metaphorically. I believe that certain beliefs filter out certain realities to an extent that they become invisible.

How many of them are walking into the same wall, over and over again, trying harder and harder to believe it isnt there when in fact, all they ever had to do was change course and go around?

Many are. Like a fly who doesnt notice the window is a crack open and keeps bumping into the glass.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So, I have to give a big thumbs up to LOA.

No: a big thumbs-up to YOU, for having found the way in yourself, by yourself.
(And I am not saying this to endear myself to you.)

Just don't start observing it - yourself doing it - too closely...
(Or, if you have done that and successfully broke that habit, I'd LOVE to hear how you did it.
)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Star for that. Well done. In truth I discount Paul as a fraud myself but he does parrot enough of the message to be believed by many.

Enough... but not enough.
Rational "belief" is not the same as faith. Which is why so few Christians (or anyone else, for that matter) so seldom walk on water these days...

Although, in all fairness to Paul (whom I profoundly disliked, and still deeply lament his influence), I think it was aristotelism - through St. Thomas Aquinas, of course - which inflicted the worst damage upon the Christian faith.
Rationalism and its passion for self-indulgent and (sorely human) "logic" mind games always does...

(P.S.: Good to see you back, Illahee!)

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Happiness is sitting in an open air jacuzzi in the pouring rain, making love to a stranger.

I thought pouring rain WAS a "jacuzzi"...!

(Can't argue with the second part, though...)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
According to this course in meditation concious "creation" is only possible once you have passed all the stages of enlightenment:

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

In particular the last part elaborates about reality attraction and creation:

Video 4

Looking forward to your thoughts...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

I´ll let the others watch it and comment on it. After 10 years "in the business" I cant watch stuff like this anymore...even if its good.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I thought pouring rain WAS a "jacuzzi"...!

(Can't argue with the second part, though...)

Well...today I experienced the first part but not the second part.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I´ll let the others watch it and comment on it. After 10 years "in the business" I cant watch stuff like this anymore...even if its good.

Hey Skyfloating... well, really, same applies to me, but these four videos worked for me though

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yes. But that "teacher" will only show up when they are ready. And if you´re in a low state, you will attract a teacher who performs poorly. Ive seen this so many times, its amazing.

I wonder...
I mean, I have no doubts that the right teacher WOULD only appear when somebody is ready. What I doubt is that s/he (or even "it", why not? ; ) appears to EVERYONE who are "ready".

In law-of-attraction context, this thread is invisible to most. And I don't mean that metaphorically. I believe that certain beliefs filter out certain realities to an extent that they become invisible.

This is so true I can't even begin to agree. ; )

And I couldn't help but remember the first time I read a book that was and is very dear to me; a book that is stylistically and conceptually a very challenging read.
Then, in the heart of the night, as my strained mind wormed its way through the maze of monolithic sentences, I stumbled upon a lengthy passage that suddenly struck me as few things had until then. Not only did I see "light" - I literally heard bells in the distance.
(A note to resident guardians of mental health: I know how it sounds - and couldn't care less... ; )
It's a fascinating phenomenon, but irrelevant at this point.
I was blissfully happy, beyond description.

The next day, while still under the impression of the extraordinary experience the night before, I wanted to reread the passage.

The oddest thing happened: the passage that had unlocked a deep well the night before was now just a monolithic block of verbiage again.
My mind and my "heart" remembered the bliss and the light of understanding - but they were, once again, "out of sync" with them, unable to grasp their true meaning.

Needless to say, I was baffled, even appalled.
But the "in-sight" the night before had been much too precious to me to just attribute it to a passing fancy of a tired brain, and so, later that evening, I tried again. After a strenuous hour or so, I immersed myself in the text enough to start getting "the feel" of it again.
And sure enough: when I reread the passage, it once again made sense - and made my heart soar, like the night before.

In other words, I was literally locked out of it - until I found the key in myself, once again, and unlocked it.

Extraordinary.
That alone taught me A LOT.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

*sigh*...alright, I´ll give it a shot soon. Gotta be in the mood for it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I think it was aristotelism - through St. Thomas Aquinas, of course - which inflicted the worst damage upon the Christian faith.
Rationalism and its passion for self-indulgent and (sorely human) "logic" mind games always does...

I deliberately included Aristotle the post that contained the quote criticizing Paul, but though I agree his influence was damaging, I think the shift from action to belief alone was the greatest betrayal. To each their own however. I would certainly love to see a case built for your theory.

Aristotle woefully misunderstood the teachings of Plato, and like Paul, presented some of these misunderstandings of a truly great mind in a way which failed to convey the meaning, but was easier for the masses to understand. Those that followed, unable to grasp the original, Plato, assumed that Aristotle must know what he was talking about, as he had studied under him for 20 years. Aristotle was NOT selected as Plato's successor, tellingly. Nor was Paul singled out by Jesus as his. (in truth Paul never even met him.)

Using reason, and rationalization, (which is what most people confuse for reason) are not the same thing. Reason is used to make decisions, a dispassionate (or less passionate) weighing of pro and con before a conclusion is reached. Rationalization is making a decision, and then coming up with reasons why what you WANT to do makes sense. Obviously, you see a lot of that, here and everywhere humans are.

Logic is not problematic either, in itself, as long as you realize its limits. (ie; a logical statement is not necessarily a TRUE statement. Logic is a form only, a set of rules, and something being "logical" just means that the form is followed properly) I dont see how one can criticize a form. Is math a problem too? How effectively these are used, and the weight given to the conclusions can be problematic, but that is not the fault of the form, but the interpreter. Who is often using them to rationalize.

The best philosophers (lovers of Wisdom, not logic, not reason) are those that understand and accept the limits of reason and logic, and use them with the appropriate caution, not those who throw the baby out with the bath water by rejecting them altogether. Nor those, conversely, who worship them as infallible.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join