It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BIBLE Truth Absolute?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The absolute reply is NO
The bible is full of fiction and fantasies.

Time Magazine, The Bible Fact or Fiction

On the other hand, say many scholars, much of what is recorded in the Bible is at best distorted, and some characters and events are probably totally fictional. Most scholars suspect that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Judaism's traditional founders, never existed; many doubt the tales of slavery in Egypt and the Exodus; and relatively few modern historians believe in Joshua's conquest of Jericho and the rest of the Promised Land. In the most extreme view, all of the above are complete fabrications, invented centuries after the supposed fact.

The believers in the bible are just as distorted as these tales.

The Bible is an ancient comic book, and its believers are nothing more than rabid comic book fans.

Whose more powerful Jesus only son of god, or Jor-el only son of krpton?
Superman is a fiction created by jews too, coincidence?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Bible is Fully and Absolutely 100% TRUTH!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon365

What is this "TRUTH" you're calling it? Can you define your use of the term?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

There is no way the Bible we have today is 100% true.
All you have to do is look at its history and development to see that man has altered it for his own benefit.It doesn't even contain all the original books!

Problems with translation also play a part on its inaccuracy because,as in modern times,there are words or phrases that have no comparison in another language and therefore can not be translated exactly.The Jewish alphabet,like several others,can also be confusing because each letter has different meanings and one word can be interpreted in many different ways.

Christians should read the Tanakh to see some of the glaring "mistakes" that appear in the Bible.(OT) A good example is something i've used recently on my own thread.

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV)
"12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

The very same passage written in the Tanakh,
"14:4 You will recite this parable about the king of Babylonia: How has the oppressor come to an end, the arrogance been ended? 14:10 They will all proclaim and say to you, "You also have been stricken as we were; you are compared to us.14:11 Brought down to the nether-world were your pride and the tumult of your stringed instruments; maggots are spread out under you, and worms are your covers.14:12 How have you fallen from the heavens, O glowing morning star; been cut down to the ground O conqueror of nations?"

Another good example from modern society is this,

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

"Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?" (Lamentations 3:38)

These lines appear as such,

"The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these." (Isaiah 45:7, NASB)

"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7, NIV)

"7 I form the light and create darkness,I make peace and create calamity;I, the LORD, do all these things." Isaiah 45:7 (New King James Version)

"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?" (Lamentations 3:38, NIV)

"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That both good and ill go forth?" (Lamentations 3:38, NASB)

"38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High That woe and well-being proceed?" Lamentations 3:38 (New King James Version)

Just the change of one word or a cpl can completely alter the meaning of a verse....

So,the Bible may be inspired by God and the Word of God sent through Prophets,but to say that it is 100% true shows a great deal of ignorance!

People need to do their own research rather than take in blind faith all that they are told!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by benabba
When I was very young, I found out about the differences between the Bibles of various religions. Today I own 75 bibles, each one different, yet all of their authors insist their bible is the most accurate version of this sacred document.

That should be a MAJOR indication of how the bible was written, and therefore it can never ever be 100% truth.

In fact I personally think bibles (any of the 75versions) should be sold like this:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ok I dont really question the Bible yet I do in a way. But if you actually use an open mind you can figure out a few things you also we begin to realize that some things are explainable in a strange way.

For instance Mary became pregnant yet was a virgin, We now have the technology to do this ourselves. Artificial insemination.

Adam was created from the earth?

Can we not create humans from DNA from buried bones now? Yes we can. This technology was known by a greater being back then and together he used DNA from cave man and his DNA and created man. But it only made males. So he had to use a rib from adam to make eve. Greater being (God). Which also explains many other things.

So did we evolve from Monkeys? Maybe originally then God made us better and made us MAN.

Explain Caine and Abel. Abel went out and found a bride. And was to be Married, Why did he have to go look for a bride if he was marrying his sister? Yet it states that Caine Married his sister??? Difference there. Caine also stated to God, people will see me and bring harm to me. So God put a mark on him so people will know him. Wouldnt his brothers and sisters already know him?

So this tells us there was more then 2 people in the begining. Also look at where eve asked Adam where are my brothers and sisters???

Cloning???

Hilda

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by enoch1

You allude to the idea that the "serpent" wasn't an actual serpent but just a mistranslation of wording, but that is not correct, otherwise, how do you explain this curse that God placed on the serpent?
Genesis 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by enoch1

You allude to the idea that the "serpent" wasn't an actual serpent but just a mistranslation of wording, but that is not correct, otherwise, how do you explain this curse that God placed on the serpent?
Genesis 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:...

I encourage you to see the following video (it references to the "serpent") by Rickey Gervais

What a hell of a punishment by god for a snake: "upon thy belly shalt thou go" ... So if i get it correctly, the snake first had limbs to move on in the garden of Eden, until God punished it and made it crawl on it's belly ?
He sure showed that snake didn't he.... Not to mention the question as to why God "created" that fitlhy snake in the first place, a big error to make as an all sentient holy being....if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

I watch all these videos or, listen, read, all these concepts of men, limited in their abilities of trying to comprehend a God, who is so vast and complex, and see how the scripture which God put forth concerning himself played out,

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

In other words, everyone wants to put God in a box of human reasoning and hope to come out with persuasive conclusions. It isn't going to happen. Only the unbelieving can be persuaded.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

The bible says Jesus was the son of man. What is man? In Genisis God creats male and female and calls them man not male and female. Therefore Jesus' body was created like all of ours, yet they say he wasn't.

The word man,when first used,denoted male and female,as did the word mankind.Its only over time that this has changed to, Man=Male.Woman=Female.
Yet the word woman and man are not from the same source,in fact,they have no connection whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

In another post you state that you are the Archangel Michael.......
In another you claim to also be the Ressurected Christ.....what nonsence!

Why is it nonsence???

Christs return is to be followed by his judgement of mankind,so how do you know he isn't using modern methods to do just that??
Just because you percieve his return in one way does not mean it is the right way,also,your perception would blind you to the truth of the 2nd coming would it not??
Are you one of those ppl who expects miracles from Jesus just so you know its him??
His return does not have to be to the sound of trumpets followed by violence,after all,this is God we're talking about,he can change his mind any time he feels like!

He could also be Michael in human form,again your perception is what drives you to conclude his claim as noncence and untrue.
Which is no surprise,Jesus himself was called false along with many other prophets and seers through the ages.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Bible is the Living Word.
It is supernatural. No matter what meddling is done to it, God will not leave himself without witness! ( That is, The Bible)
When I first became a christian and didn't know what to do, Father God steered me away from new contemporary versions!
I had to learn scripture from 'The King James' version.

You can read it one day and think you know it, and then the next day open it to the same place and you see MORE of what God is saying!
God has spoken to me MANY times just by opening it and putting my finger down on a verse. Especially when I was in trouble!
( but, I have not ever heard him audibly, yet.)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

My definition to "this" TRUTH: the state of being the case : fact : the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality often capitalized : a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality : the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality.

If a person calls upon the name of Christ and accepts Him with sincerity from the depths of his soul, TRUTH can be understood and revealed.

If one looks at the Word of God simply as a "book", therin lies the problem!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by helen670

In another post you state that you are the Archangel Michael.......
In another you claim to also be the Ressurected Christ.....what nonsence!

Why is it nonsence???

Christs return is to be followed by his judgement of mankind,so how do you know he isn't using modern methods to do just that??
Just because you percieve his return in one way does not mean it is the right way,also,your perception would blind you to the truth of the 2nd coming would it not??
Are you one of those ppl who expects miracles from Jesus just so you know its him??
His return does not have to be to the sound of trumpets followed by violence,after all,this is God we're talking about,he can change his mind any time he feels like!

He could also be Michael in human form,again your perception is what drives you to conclude his claim as noncence and untrue.
Which is no surprise,Jesus himself was called false along with many other prophets and seers through the ages.

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (Acts 1:11)

That's the DANGER of not knowing what the scriptures have to say about the return of Jesus. He ascended up into the clouds and will return in the clouds and every eye will see him when he returns:
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him,..(Rev 1:7)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

That's the DANGER of not knowing what the scriptures have to say about the return of Jesus. He ascended up into the clouds and will return in the clouds and every eye will see him when he returns:

Well,as i said,what is written God can change.It is not a law or a rule that Jesus has to return that way.God may have decided on another way.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

What???? Well, if God has changed how Jesus will return, I have yet to get that Memo or, as in our age, that E-mail!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Quran is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!

Christianity has evolved, changed according to what the Christians wanted during past centuries.
I was taught that Muslims believe in Injeel, Tawrat, Zabur, & Qur'an. Tawraat being the Torah. Injeel being the Bible.

The injeel are the gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Barnabas et al. (there are many gospels, some of which that are not included the New Testament.)
The whole of the Bible is written by men, the Torah by Moses, Zaboor by David, and the Injeel is the life of Jesus which was recorded by his Apostles.
The whole of the Bible is written by men, the Torah by Moses, Zaboor by David, and the Injeel is the life of Jesus which was recorded by his Apostles.

That is why the Qur'an supercedes all of these previous books; because it is the only 1 out of 4 the scriptures that are directly from God, and no one else's words. Also because these books have been altered, even just by translating the text into a different language you lose the true meaning, and plus the fact the Injeel has many different takes on the life of Jesus also proves how they have been altered.

According to many Muslim scholars Jesus had his own gospel which was the Injeel, but it no longer exists and the New testaments of today is just teachings of Jesus recorded by men. So some of the New testaments maybe true and some may not. Allah knows best.

We already know that the Holy Qur'an is the infallible Word of God, revealed to our Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhummad Mustapha (Peace be upon him) word for word, through the agency of the Archangel Jibraeel, (known as Gabriel in English), and perfectly preserved and protected from human tampering for the past fourteen hundred years!
Even hostile critics of Islam have grudgingly vouched for the purity of the Holy Qur'an: "THERE IS PROBABLY IN THE WORLD NO OTHER BOOK WHICH HAS REMAINED TWELVE CENTURIES (now fourteen) WITH SO PURE A TEXT."

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I think the difference between the Word of God and The Word of Allah is that the WORD became Flesh (Jesus) walked among men, reconciled the world and men through his death and forever made peace with God.

What peace has been made with Allah via Mohammed?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Why should God tell you???

The Bible is littered with verses stating that we don't know all of Gods plan,that things will be kept from those not worthy,etc.

St John the Divine is the Bible's last prophet,so,as God has been silent all these years,how can you be certain that God won't change things???

I've been told many times that the Pope is the closest man on Earth to God,yet he never comes out and gives revelations or speeches on God's plans for the present and future....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

And most of those men were Prophets just as Mohammed was,their books are from God speaking directly to them.
Several of the New Testament are by those who walked with Jesus and the Book of Revelation also comes directly from God.

The gospel of Jesus still exists,it is called the Gospel of The Saviour.A book called The Dialogue of The Saviour also exists,they are both part of the Gnostic Texts.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join