It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BIBLE Truth Absolute?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
reply to post by jdposey

Why should God tell you???

The Bible is littered with verses stating that we don't know all of Gods plan,that things will be kept from those not worthy,etc.

...and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. (Ephesians 3:9)

What Allah is keeping from those not worthy to know, in the New Testament, these mysteries have been revealed to those who's faith rest in the finished work of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Islamic view of Jesus lies between two extremes. The Jews , who rejected Jesus as a Prophet of God, called him an impostor. The Christians, on the other hand, considered him to be the son of God and worship him as such. Islam considers Jesus to be one of the great prophets of God and respects him as much as Ibrahim (Abraham), Moses, and Mohammed. (Peace Be Upon Them) This is conformity with the Islamic view of the oneness of God, the oneness of Divine guidance, and the complementary role of the subsequent mission of God's messengers.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

That all sounds blessed and noble, but in light of eternity, what has Allah done to secure your graces with him in eternity? At death, what will you leave with, ensuring that you will stand before Allah in peace?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Reply to jdposey

That all sounds blessed and noble, but in light of eternity, what has Allah done to secure your graces with him in eternity? At death, what will you leave with, ensuring that you will stand before Allah in peace?

If I followed what Allah has commanded me to do during my life than at death I will lay in Peace in my grave and on the Day of Judgement I will stand in front of my Lord and answer him for my Deeds. If I have pleased my Lord than I will indeed enter Heaven which is Eternal.
If NOT than I will enter Hell which is Eternal.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That is scary, if not, very disturbing. If I had to rely on what I could do to gain good graces with God, for He says our righteousness in his sight is as filthy rags ( a woman's menstrual rags), then everything I endeavored to do would be in vain. The good news is, that once our faith rests in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, God's own working to reconcile mankind to himself in peace, at the moment we place faith in Jesus, we are forever sealed by God and clothed in righteousness, the righteousness of Jesus Christ. We have peace with God.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

That is scary, if not, very disturbing. If I had to rely on what I could do to gain good graces with God, for He says our righteousness in his sight is as filthy rags ( a woman's menstrual rags), then everything I endeavored to do would be in vain. The good news is, that once our faith rests in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, God's own working to reconcile mankind to himself in peace, at the moment we place faith in Jesus, we are forever sealed by God and clothed in righteousness, the righteousness of Jesus Christ. We have peace with God.

What are you talking about,disturbing

This,

If I followed what Allah has commanded me to do during my life than at death I will lay in Peace in my grave and on the Day of Judgement I will stand in front of my Lord and answer him for my Deeds. If I have pleased my Lord than I will indeed enter Heaven which is Eternal.

Is also the basis of Christianity.Live by God's Commandments and by the doctrines of Jesus and you will get to Heaven,if you don't,if you're not even a believer you go to Hell!

Everything you do you relies on whether you please God or not!

Oh,and women's menstural blood is not filthy,it is what helps protect a baby in the womb and is therefore essential!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The Christian faith is full of quiters. Cowards, the lot of them. Not a leader in the church. Subserviant sheep. Christians have turned into a bunch of cowards. Fearful, obese excuses for free men and women that don't have the guts to stand up to people like Bush. Irresponsible, selfish ingrates, and of course..cowards.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nferno666
The Christian faith is full of quiters. Cowards, the lot of them. Not a leader in the church. Subserviant sheep. Christians have turned into a bunch of cowards. Fearful, obese excuses for free men and women that don't have the guts to stand up to people like Bush. Irresponsible, selfish ingrates, and of course..cowards.

Most Western Christians have indeed grown comfortable and lazy. Eastern Christians, on the other hand, are put to death daily and persecuted where Christianity is considered illegal or at least heavily restricted by their respective governments. I wouldn't call dying for your beliefs cowardly or refer to it as "the whole lot." Most Eastern Christians put fake Western Christians to shame.

It takes a lot of guts to be a true Christian in today's world regardless of where you live. We're either ridiculed in the West or put to death in the East. They definitely have it worse than we do, though. I'll take ridicule over seeing my children murdered for our Christian beliefs any day of the week.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

Tom Cruise is that you ?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

What gets the Christian to Heaven IS NOT what they do or don't do (as in laws ). What gets the Christian to heaven is their steadfast, unmovable faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ's shed blood. If it all depended on what I can and can not do I would be in trouble. It is eseential to know the downside to law:

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. (Romans 4:15)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

What gets the Christian to Heaven IS NOT what they do or don't do (as in laws ). What gets the Christian to heaven is their steadfast, unmovable faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ's shed blood. If it all depended on what I can and can not do I would be in trouble. It is eseential to know the downside to law:

So you can lie,cheat,steal etc etc,but as long as you believe that you go to Heaven???
No doubt you will say that if you believe you will not do such things,but your logic dictates that you could,and still get into Heaven.

What Christian faith do you believe in?
I have never heard such a thing you see,coz if such was the case God would not need to give us laws and commandments.

Romans.7:1.Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

This is the wonderful thing about God and how He designed salvation, in such a way, with such simplicity, men make it complex and thereby fail at entering into eternal life, by "simply" placing their faith in the death of Jesus upon the cross.
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

See, God will not have any man standing before him BOASTING about how he did this, he did that.

As for keeping laws or breaking laws, you have to realize, that once you place your faith in Christ, His spirit comes to live inside you. From that point on He begins to change your heart. This is a life long process and in this process, yes, you are going to sin, you are going to make wrong choices, etc. As long as you are in this flresh, you will sin. BUT, this is where you confess your faults (sins) to God, he forgives and you, you get up and keep going.

As for your question concerning "living without Law" that is, stealing, murdering, etc., if someone truly has the Spirit of Christ dwelling in them, they will not want to offend the Lord. But like I said, as long as we are in the flesh, there will be times we do, BUT, we have to keep our faith centered in Jesus' death, his shed blood and the power of that blood to forgive and wash away our sins. This is where we srtruggle all of our life, figting off the guilt and condemantion come in. It indeed a battle.

As for your Romans 7:1 quote, yes, that is true. The Law indeed will have dominion over the one who desires to live under it. Read all of Romans 7. Every Christian will have to live out Romans Chapter 7 before they can EVER understand Romans 8:1.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jdposey]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

This is mentioned in the Bible. Pretty much everyone knows the Bible says, regardless of whether or not they are Christian, that believers go to Heaven and nonbelievers go to Hell. But what many don't know is that both sides are mentioned as being judged by their works. Now, this is not a matter of determining where you will end up- that is only determined by whether or not you believed. In other words, your eternal destination is not based on your works but your rewards and punishment are.

All believers will end up in Heaven but their works are taken into consideration. But they are never punished for what they did like lying, stealing, cheating, etc. All sins are covered for the asking. Yours, mine, and anyone else's. It seems unfair in that there will be no justice for what you did as long as you are a Christian. However, many people never ask and instead refuse a free gift.

On the other hand, it also talks about the unbeliever being judged by their works. Many speculate on what this means. Unlike the judgement of Christians where we are given specifics concerning what it entails, we are never told why the unbelievers are judged or how their works weigh on their punishment.

This has led to much speculation, though. I have no opinion and refuse to speculate but some believe the following:

1) Punishment in Hell would be determined by whether or not you are literally placed in the lake of fire or simply sent to the outer darkness.

2) Everyone is placed in Hell for a specific amount of time based on their bad works. They believe it is like a varying sentence.

Because we are never given a specific answer and neither of the above two are Biblical, I refuse to speculate but at least wanted to tell you what some schools of thought are.

Not interested in a debate- just answering a question concerning the Christian faith from the Christian Bible. As for the "Why," I didn't write the rules or the Bible but am simply sharing what it says.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley, thanks for what you wrote. That indeed will help with what I have left him in the dark about. Your explanation about the rewards is indeed one of those.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

This is mentioned in the Bible. Pretty much everyone knows the Bible says, regardless of whether or not they are Christian, that believers go to Heaven and nonbelievers go to Hell. But what many don't know is that both sides are mentioned as being judged by their works. Now, this is not a matter of determining where you will end up- that is only determined by whether or not you believed. In other words, your eternal destination is not based on your works but your rewards and punishment are.

If it is about belief it would say so."Works" means actions,not belief.
[You also need to be baptized to be saved so therefore it can not be by faith alone that you are judged.]

Job 34:11.For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to [his] ways.

Ecclesiastes 3:17.I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for [there is] a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Ecclesiastes 12:14.or God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil.

Revelation 2:23.And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Verses such as this differ from those that talk of judging people for their belief in Jesus.

Everyone is placed in Hell for a specific amount of time based on their bad works. They believe it is like a varying sentence.

Again,this comes down to which Christian religion you follow.Though if you look at the Gospels you find such lines as,

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Matthew 25:46.

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mark 3:29.

And this from Revelation 14:10-11.
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The "Bible" is a group of texts agreed to be included in the "Bible" text by the orginizers of "the chruch" that the "bible" is "the good book" to.

The "Bible" in not the only grouping of text to include text documents.

There are easily 3x, or more, the amonut of scriputual and spiritual texts along with those that some guy in a robe decieded should be presented to the massess of their church.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
If it is about belief it would say so."Works" means actions,not belief.
You also need to be baptized to be saved so therefore it can not be by faith alone that you are judged.

But none of those references mention salvation. In John, we are given the exact answer to this very question straight from Jesus Himself. The apostles specifically asked Jesus what works we had to do to be saved (remember, they were used to the rigorous Old Testament structure of Laws and wanted to know what was required now):

"Then they asked Him, What must we do to do the works God requires?" Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: To believe in the one He has sent."

That's it. Belief in Jesus. Not Baptism, the O.T. Law, or doing good deeds. The entire context of this chapter is Jesus explaining how He is the only way to salvation. We are told many times again in the New Testament that works are not required for salvation "so no man can boast" that he earned his way into Heaven.

However, if you notice in other parts of the New Testament He tells us to feed the hungry, clothe the poor, tend to the sick, etc. These are the works we will be judged by- but not for salvation. Only for rewards in Heaven. If you have a death bed conversion (therefore have no time to run out and help the needy), you still get into Heaven. You may not receive the awards Mother Teresa gets but you're now promised eternal life.

Huge difference between salvation through works and rewards through works. Hope that helps. I can't be anymore clear. The Pharisees and Sadducees spent all day every day performing temple duties and rituals but never helped those in need. All they did is take, take, take. So Jesus says "Enough!" Get off your butts and "feed my sheep" because "your righteousness is as filthy rags" to me. Our works are to help people and receive rewards- not to obtain salvation.

Again,this comes down to which Christian religion you follow.Though if you look at the Gospels you find such lines as,

Again, I am fully aware of this and I do not know how to be any more clear as I stated twice I do not believe in their theories (as it goes directly against what the Bible says) but still wanted to offer some ideas even if I do not agree.

I personally believe Heaven and Hell are both eternal. It is a scary thought but the Bible is so clear on it that I cannot see how some believe it is only a temporary sentence. The Bible also talks about the prisons of Hell, the outer darkness, the bottomless pit, and the lake of fire. So, some speculate "Hey! He judges the wicked by their works- therefore maybe only the really bad ones go into the lake of fire!" It's a nice thought but I will be honest and say it is never specified. It's only a theory some have that I was quoting.

I do not know how or why the unbelievers are judged according to their works. We know they are not getting rewards but as for what exactly it entails, we are never told. The good thing is, salvation is so simple (people make it hard for no reason) and free (forget about all the service someone says you have to do). Eternal life is given to whoever wants it and Hell is never a place one ends up without consciously refusing what is offered freely.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If GOD is DEAD then WHO is this LIVING inside me?

You Are

we all are
you are
I am
We are
its us
you
all

religion is only a way for you to forget who you really are.
and keep you trapped so that you never find out.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

I know who I am, that is why I prefer God living inside me. It is like Paul said,
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

"Then they asked Him, What must we do to do the works God requires?" Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: To believe in the one He has sent."

But that is not all,is it?

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Matthew 19:16-19.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
John 13:34-35.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15.
(here the plural is used.Jesus had more than 1 commandment.)

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5;19.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:36-40.

Baptism is also a very important part of salvation,after all,Jesus himself was baptized by John.

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:
Matthew 3:11.

Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.
Acts 2:37-41.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:3-4.

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Galatians 3:27.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Ephesians 4:5.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join