It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BIBLE Truth Absolute?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

King James Bible
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by marg6043

Hi Marge, all archaeological digs are not funded by people with a religious agenda,

But I do understand your point,

Actually most Archaeological digs are funded by non religious groups. The great majority are actually some college and funded by government.

It should be known that by "government" I mean the real life government, and not the illusion of darkened evil governments.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Once again,

Rev 5:1 ¶ And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

A new book to be given?

Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book

Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

www.blueletterbible.org...

anyway you reminded me of these passages.

I think it would serve people well to read the books of the Bible with the eyes and mind of an investigator, and the heart of a seeker, putting aside religion, it becomes an amazing journey.

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Here's a bit-o-truth unknown.

The "Revelation" of Jesus Christ, is a vision dealing with the return of the Christ over all other things contained within that book.

The Christ's return as the "son of man" (human) in the phase of "the thief in the night" before the return in power and glory, the Christ undergoes many things.

The seven seals are documentation of all the story on the planet according to his being. As the Christ lived through the thief days, he searched documents. The "Bible", or part of the bible, was the "First Seal" on the "great scroll" and as the story pergresses more "books" were opened that pertained to the scroll and the seals.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by benabba

A new book to be given?

The message of the "kingdom of God" deal within the man. A book is an external object. To focus on a book is to miss the point of the message. God is within, and within you is far better the understanding of God rather then externalized out of you to focus on a historic, and tainted, understanding of historic recorded documentation of God.

All books will pass away, but the word of God will never pass away.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by enoch1

i like you would prefer to see all of us have a perfect copy of the word of Elohiym but
in spite of all the mistakes? the scholars and translaters of greek and hebrew and the sopherim made there is still enough of the truth of Yahvah that has gotten thru the roadblocks of the evil 1 that in the end before Messiah comes we are all left with NO EXCUSE to continue on in our sins/lawbreaking.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

The message of the "kingdom of God" deal within the man. A book is an external object. To focus on a book is to miss the point of the message. God is within, and within you is far better the understanding of God rather then externalized out of you to focus on a historic, and tainted, understanding of historic recorded documentation of God.

All books will pass away, but the word of God will never pass away.

I second that motion.

Now, another thought provoking question:
If the word of God is within all of us, is it not true that all books written are the words of God interpreted by the writer?

[edit on 1/13/2008 by benabba]

[edit on 1/13/2008 by benabba]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

No!

Because we are self willed created creatures. We can, ignore the truth, the word of God written within for the foolish lies we deulde ourselves with.

There is the will of God.
There is the will of the Beast within.

There is also the confused mixing of the two wills within man.

For man to reach the understanding requires work. Much work that mankind is not willing to see or work toward.

So the anwser to that is no.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The "Revelation" of Jesus Christ, is a vision dealing with the return of the Christ over all other things contained within that book.

The Christ's return as the "son of man" (human) in the phase of "the thief in the night" before the return in power and glory, the Christ undergoes many things.

The seven seals are documentation of all the story on the planet according to his being. As the Christ lived through the thief days, he searched documents. The "Bible", or part of the bible, was the "First Seal" on the "great scroll" and as the story pergresses more "books" were opened that pertained to the scroll and the seals.

Hi Incarnated/
God searched documents?
While living through the thief days?
One cannot take bits and pieces of scattered words from various books and put them together as facts!
Well, one can surely do this, but are they not then fooling only themselves and taking with them others along the way to the bottom?
You either Believe in the LOGOS of God or you don't!

The BIBLE is the LOGOS of God.
Scripture is needed for disbelieving man.

You see, God is not a religion, He is the 'Truth'!

helen

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As Enoch and others have already pointed out, evolutions in language and the meanings of words and phrases, mistakes by cold and weary scribes in the frosty scriptoria of europe, right down to the political machinations of various emporers and even the theological battles waged throughout the history of Judaism and Christianity have made whatever literal truth is in the bible, well and truly hidden behind a web of propaganda and sometimes outright deciept.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by feoil
...whatever literal truth is in the bible, well and truly hidden behind a web of propaganda and sometimes outright deciept.

I kinda see this as negitive and parranoid spin on the reality of the deceptive events. Why can't you just understand it is the nature of mankind to be nationalistic and to add to a story mythological aspects to make the story more intresting?

It's from the self willed imperfect nature that such errors are made in the texts, not so much a delebrate controling issue.

The Jews never manipulated the Tohra texts to put themself in control over other people. That would never work. Rather they manipulated the tohra text to better reflect their own person feelings of nationalistic views.

The early Christians didn't add mythology to the truth of the story to decieve mankind. Rather it was the way they percieved the events and in attributed those events that they live with the mythological understandings based in the religions and learnings of that time.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

helen

Well in the bible God, Jesus or anyone in it never said that the bible is the word of god.

I dissagree, I don't believe people need a book to believe there's a God.

Well in away your saying God is a book.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

The bible has a lot of truths but many things I believe may be human inspired more than God inspired. Humans are not perfect so I think they could have exaggerated stuff or colored stuff by their personal thoughts. Plus the bible is written parables and metaphors which you must know how to take correctly. The bible was written in different times than we live in and meanings change over time so it may be difficult to know what is true and what is not. I have no idea about percentages as far as how much is fact or fiction, I doubt anyone does.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.

Originally posted by helen670

helen

Well in the bible God, Jesus or anyone in it never said that the bible is the word of god.

I dissagree, I don't believe people need a book to believe there's a God.

Well in away your saying God is a book.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

I must agree. You do not have to read the bible to know God and have a relationship with him. I am not saying the bible is not a good tool but Many people seem to rely on the bible alone too much and don't try to find God in their daily lives and within themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by benabba

No!

Because we are self willed created creatures. We can, ignore the truth, the word of God written within for the foolish lies we deulde ourselves with.

There is also the confused mixing of the two wills within man.

For man to reach the understanding requires work. Much work that mankind is not willing to see or work toward.

So the anwser to that is no.

If we "are self willed created creatures" can we choose not have "the Beast within"?

I choose to not have any Beast within me and the confusion went away.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benabba

reply to post by benabba

If we "are self willed created creatures" can we choose not have "the Beast within"?

I choose to not have any Beast within me and the confusion went away.

What a fine and intresting question you asked. Can we "will away" the will of the beast creature within?

I guess the answer depends upon the perception of reality that you choose to percieve as upmost.

The mortal body that we start out with, our flesh, is created from the origin of the animal kingdom. This fleshly animal, (the beast) is our phyical existance, and thus it is why this existance is transatory through the mortality gate of "life/death".

However and also there is within us the highest aspects of unity to the one source. And ideal life would be to focus on that higher aspect of existance.

There are I'm sure some beings so drawn to the superspirit that they all but forsake the flesh.

However, the fleshly beast will still need be watered and fed.

Maybe it is best to look about the beastly flesh as a "pet" that needs be tamed and maintained so that it's wild side doen't go mad and get agressive.

So depending upon your own perspectives of distruction of the phyical fleshly willed beast creature that is the mortality of being, is your answer.

I'm sure, the full on log term plan includes removal of all aspects of beast nature from the higher nature of your being, but if this can be achieved in one Go here in mortal earth, I dare not say.

All I have is my personal perspective other others in accordance to my understanding of your question, and from what I've examined, I'd have to go with a no.

Though in idealistic conscepts, It might be posable.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

the return of the son of man

but wait, you said that was you, but then you said you are here waiting for 2012

so i dont get what your claims are

again and again

please explain yourself without all that vague crypitc crap and words from the Urantia

it gets all too confusing for us incarnated, serious

edit note: im not trying to slander

I think its time to post your post that you were talking about to get all those points

[edit on 15-1-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Honestly I tell you this. I believe my words to be very clear. Confusion comes from within one's personal perspective of trying to understand.

"Jesus" the one that comes in truth:

Jesus is coming back someday. This is known as his second coming. The second coming of Jesus is broken down into two parts. It's like a story.

Story of second coming of Jesus:
Part one: "I come like a thief in the night".
Part two: "I come in power and glory".

The charactor of the story in the first part could perclaim "I am he", but being that the conscious state of mankind is unpreparied, (blinded spiritual eyes), "spiritual eyes with boards and mud", no eye would be able to see him. He's a man, and at that not all that much of a flashy fellow being that the world had so become obsessed with beauty and flash through the babblonian aspects of mass media presentations.

At no time will anyone be able to truly Judge in the phyical reality that the second coming of "Jesus" was right there speaking to them.

Even in the second part of the story, there are still those that remain blind. They claim the real "Jesus" is actually the antichrist and all sorts of nonsense.

Read the book of Revelation. It's all right there.

If you wish to know the truth behind the words I use and the statements I'm making then go ye out and wash that crapped up eye.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
if it is not absolute truth then it is absolute false, reason being if infallacy is in the bible how can you follow knowing it is not perfect?

Keeper

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yessy
Incarnated:
ve this world and universe we live in came from the nothing (bigbang)?!
The bible is THE WORD OF GOD. I just don't understand why people are so ignorant and *%^&*#$#$!
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by dbates]

Now that wasnt very Christ Like was it lol.. I can say the same thing, why are you not using your GOD given brain to reason and weigh the facts, no where in the bible does it say GOD wants you to be blind.

I think personally, the bible has some historic value, you can compare some things to historians of the time and feel how the people of the time lived. Places and battles of the old testament have been proven and found in some cases so I think there are parts that are written accounts of events.

Also woman was not created from a rib and Cane and Able had wives that were not sisters, so it seems fairly obvious this was written to give some sense of understanding, the main questioned asked of a GOD, where did we come from how did this happen. It seems if GOD wrote it then he would have gotten correct. But the old testament is littered with falsehoods and mythology.

God may be your Shepard, I guess that why so many act like sheep lol.

(I am copy writing that)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join