It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey all,

I was struck by the difference in the audio between the US Sailor and the Iranian making the thread in the video. The Iranian voice somehow sounds..almost glued on top of buzzes and static while the US sailors voice sounds more aunthentic (?).

Any naval comms experts here? Should we assume they were using the same radio frequency in the situation like this or how was the two voices recorded...?

regs, TMFAP

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Can you show me GPS data that proves the US warships were close to or actually in Iranian waters?
I understand everyone drools at the mouth whenever an opportunity to blame America arises but would it be possible to actually try to determine facts instead of just believing that the evil US is at fault?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm calling hoax. Where was the Iranian accent in the you 'will blow up' threat? I'm sorry but this whole thing just stinks! I need to put on my knee highs because it's getting awful thick. Seriously though, I just don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You anti-American sheeple make me laugh.
They should have just blown the towel heads out of the water and called it a day.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I guess it does not matter what the U.S. does it will be their fault no matter what.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

well...if the shoe fits....
sorry for the short post...

Your post make no sense what so ever....if thats all you have to respond with then spare us all.I thought you would at least come back with something of some substance...try again.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Those of you who are acting as though the Iranian vessels posed no threat or were not acting in a provocative manner, should remember the USS Cole. Any one of those boats could have had enough explosives on board to cause serious damage and casualties. In fact, it's not that far-fetched to assume that those five vessels could have taken out one of the destroyers in a suicide mission. And they didn't even have to crash into our destroyers to cause damage or casualties. A powerful-enough explosion with enough shrapnel (something the Iranians have a little practice in constructing) could have caused damage or killed sailors from a distance. Remember, unprovocative and good-intentioned individuals don't call over the radio stating that "you will explode in a few minutes". That alone was enough cause to blow them out of the water.

But what I really get a kick out of is all the people who were on here the past two days calling this story propaganda and demanding a video of the ordeal as evidence. And now that video and audio of the event has been released, people are either calling it fake or claiming that it doesn't show any provocation on the part of the Iranians. Are you kidding me? What they did was akin to a motorcycle gang circling around a family in their minivan and threatening to kill them, except this would have resulted in far greater death and destruction. I'm not sure if the Iranians are trying to provoke us into a confrontation, or if they're just flexing their muscles to show their citizens and the world that they are not going to be ignored.

I just don't understand why so many of you are so eager to cry foul and give the Iranians the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of your opinions of our President and our government's policies, you cannot ignore the past actions and words of Iran. I just have trouble understanding why it is that some of you find it so hard to believe that this event did in fact happen as described by the US military and that Iran is once again up to its old tricks. I know this is a conspiracy site, but there is not always a conspiracy behind everything that goes on in the world.

The US military has done more than enough to prove their case. In fact, they've done just about everything within reason. Meanwhile, the Iranians have given multiple different accounts of what transpired while the US story has remained the same ever since. I find one of their excuses that they were simply trying to identify the ships to be quite hilarious. For starters, any navy or coast guard that patrols the seas should be able to determine the identity of other vessels from far away. When you're in the Persian Gulf and you see three large destroyers coming over the horizon, you can look in your binoculars and immediately determine that they are United States destroyers. Heck, you don't even have to take the lens caps off to determine that! Not to mention the fact that the vessels are all clearly marked and fly the flag of the United States. If these facts can be used to incriminate the Israeli's in the attack on the USS Liberty, than they certainly can be used to incriminate Iran in this case- and even more so because Iran is not currently at war with its neighbors (at least not legally or officially) as Israel was during the attack on the Liberty. But that's another story for another thread, for which there are already several on this site.

But regardless of Iran's true intentions, be they peaceful or provocative, they still chose to ignore the directions issued by the US destroyers. They were told to declare their intentions and/or stay away, and they didn't. The destroyers were in international waters and were adhering to all international and maritime laws.

I think that the crews of these destroyers should be PRAISED for their restraint in this situation. They had more than enough reason and cause to open fire on these vessels. Yet, they were overly cautious and were not trigger-happy. Because of their restraint, we may well have avoided untold casualties, an international incident and possibly a major war with Iran and its allies. Those of you who love to criticize the US military over its alleged actions should be stepping up and praising them.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

I dont know if anyone already mentioned it but cnn ran an article this morning online stating that an iranian state run news organization was claiming that the video was faked. I beleive one of their military generals made this statement as well.....im not too surprised by this as it is not above our government to fabricate certain events to evoke violence so that a war is justified.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
With all the problems facing our nation economically and all the trillions of dollars wasted on wars, this diversion is working very good for the consumption of our nation.

Let's keep the masses glue to evil Iran been a bully to our mighty navy and lets forget that our economy is turning into ca-ca.

Yes, I also believe is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here is the CNN article by the way....
www.cnn.com...

Talks about how this could be a set up.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
Were these holographs of threatening boats, or perhaps they were remotely controlled? Perhaps they were rogue Blackwater operatives on a false flag mission.

Or..

a) The USN had borrowed the Royal Navy's navigation maps

b) The speedboats were a bunch of Iranian tailors arriving to measure-up yet more western sailors for suits, as a gift courtesy of Mr Ahmedinajad

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Amen Rasputin !!!

I am not even American and I do not understand how some American people have more trust on the Iranian point of view than on the one of their own country. I feel pretty sad about it actually and I want you to know that the US have some good allies (mostly in Europe) who trust them (not Bush really) and specially their military people.

Skeptics & pro-consp theorists should know by now that debunking such a lie if it was one woud be very easy because there have been many eyewitnesses to confirm this event. I just wish some Navy people would join this topic to put an end to this problem.

Another thing, do you really think the US.Navy & Government is dumb enough to release fake information like this that is very easy to verify (thru satellite data etc...) and take a chance to be ridiculed by the whole world ?

Peace,
Europa

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually the only people that should be in the waters of the Persian gulf should be the indigenous population of the area, you know, Iranians, Kuwaitis, Arabs . . . Any other Warships are actually the provocateurs.

I haven't seen any Iranian warships in US coastal areas lately.

Hear, hear that person, US/UK go home and clean up your own home messes and stop wasting MY money killing or preparing to kill!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

What risk are you talking about? THey own the satelites! They own the media....the only thing they dont own are the conspiracy blogging websites where you usually hear stories like this. The difference is that it is on cnn. Its a small article and probably wont be there for long but at least there is some talk about this. Im not saying that it was filmed in a studio but i would not be at all surprised if they staged the whole thing like they do when practicing war games. This is part of our politics that we play with the world.....we want a war but iran doesnt so we provoke them into one or falsly claim that we are being provoked via a situation such as this.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Come on, who believes that? If someone would really want to blow up a US warship, wouldn't it maybe, be a smart thing, to not radio in their intentions to the targeted enemy, beforehand?

"Hello Americans, we are coming to blow you up now! Could you please aim your weapons at us?"

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Exactly kind of like the passengers of flight 93 when we all heard the recordings of their "last" phone call to their parents when they stated their full names (as if their mother wouldnt know who they are hahahahah).
Why would you do that if you are about to die? Good question isnt it? SOmetimes you can use reason to arrive at the truth and dont always need something tangible in front of your face....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by adjay

the phalanx guns---yes i wonder why the captain in charge hadnt turned them on when those 5 "pleasure craft" passed the mile out zone----warning shots to start with--followed by the real mc.coy if no sensible responce was indicated by the iranian jihadists.dont tell me the captain has to phone washington first and ask for permission to fire?

just about everytime i phone a government office i get a recorded message."i'm in the office but busy right now etc."the 2nd day you call again and its still the same message--so you end up calling 3 other #'s to find a worker that does the job for the other incompetent employee that will probably get to become the workers boss.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2
reply to post by Europa733

What risk are you talking about? THey own the satelites! They own the media....the only thing they dont own are the conspiracy blogging websites where you usually hear stories like this. This is part of our politics that we play with the world.....we want a war but iran doesnt so we provoke them into one or falsly claim that we are being provoked via a situation such as this.

Hello GUICE2,

Well, talking about risk, America is not the only country with spy satellites in orbit and submarines in the area. And some of the countries who own these kind of satellites & submarines are not our allies. Do you catch my drift ? It is just like the moon hoax theory, Russians would have been the first ones to scream it was a hoax. You guys do not realize that a lot of countries are gonna or did already check on their satellite data if this happenned or not.

Isn't it logical ? I can see it from here, the Chinese Government or others trying to sale
the info to the Iranians so that they could embarass the US and make them look like the evil one. I am sorry but why would the US Government try to pull such an easy to debunk story ? They do not need this to start a war, specially because nothing happenned besides the agressives manoeuvers and threats.

There are many better ways to manipulate our opinion and vision and I am pretty sure that we do not even talk about them on ATS when they are done properly.

Peace,
Buck

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
In thinking and re-thinking... I'm still no further ahead on the whole situation.

One thing that does keep playing is the fact that there were 5 speedboats amidst a US mini fleet.

Why?

One possibility that may sound 'out there' could be it was somewhat of a fact finding mission on Iran's behalf.

Send 5 speedboats (will say without explosives due to lack of details) towards the US navy only for them to make a threat and run away.

What response is generated? They announced their 'intentions' as to blow the ship up and were not fired upon, they were a small force of 5 minuscule crafts in comparison the mini fleet, and thus permitted to make a hasty exit after they were well within range.

Here's a scenario:

If no explosives were on board the speedboats and they were blown out of the water, not so good for the US Navy and affiliates but a pat on the shoulder for Iran.

If they were actually martyrs and had every intention of dying for their country, being blown out of the water as a sacrifice is part of their plan.

Information Iran has possibly gained by this exercise:

-Distance possible to US navy without altercation. (few more yards, who knows).

-Course of action taken by the US Navy in an event such as this as well as response times. IE. did they fire warning shots/did they pursue/ did the ships move into any formation at all? etc.

- How close they would get before any verbal/visual contact was made?

- Could there have already been an exercise such as this but say with only one boat and gone unnoticed? Sending five out with plenty of notice could be part two.

-Had the US Navy had protocol for this particular style event and was it followed through. IE. any obvious mistakes made.

The list of possibilities could go on and on, but with what I noted above... certainly contains enough information to orchestrate another 'excursion' by the Iranian Wally-world brigade and have them launch a fully loaded parade of speedboats, maybe eight or ten this time, and have them converge on all three ships at once from different locations.

They loose a 2 maybe 3 Martyr boats, and 5 or more make their targets, thus starting the war so many are expecting.

My 'scenario' my belong in 'Skunkworks', but I'm having hard time trying to rationalize any other feasible reasons.

(at least there hasn't been any mention of reptilians yet)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by adjay

the phalanx guns---yes i wonder why the captain in charge hadnt turned them on when those 5 "pleasure craft" passed the mile out zone----warning shots to start with--followed by the real mc.coy if no sensible responce was indicated by the iranian jihadists.dont tell me the captain has to phone washington first and ask for permission to fire?

Hi there,

Now, that is a good question and that could actually give a little bit of credit to the hoax theory, just a little... I will speculate on this one, since it is not the first time that the Iranians are doing military exercises of a provocative nature, they (US) might have orders to retain the use of force to a different degree. It's all about a mind game after all until it gets physical. The US most probably will not take a chance or give a chance to be considered as the evil one, specially since the "never been found" mass destruction weapons in Irak.

They probably received orders to shoot only if shot (blown) at first kind of thing, doesn't it seem logical to you guys ?

Excuse my English

Peace,
Europa

OKT

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

seriously, are you for real???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join