It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Releases Video of Iranian Boats Confronting US Warships

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually the only people that should be in the waters of the Persian gulf should be the indigenous population of the area, you know, Iranians, Kuwaitis, Arabs . . . Any other Warships are actually the provocateurs.

Besides being international waters, that area is patrolled for the safety of the merchant vessels who ply those waters. It is not an act of provocation to patrol international waters.

Originally posted by marg6043
I haven't seen any Iranian warships in US coastal areas lately.

Maybe your unaware of this fact, but the Russians used to set their subs, and trawlers off the US coast all the time. As long as they remained 12 miles off the coast, there was not a darn thing we could do about it. International waters are international, whether they surround the US or another country.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You know what I see here is the U.S. being accused of wanting the Iranians to blow up a ship so the U.S. can start a war. That is why some claim that's why they got so close to the ships.Now lets say the U.S. blew them out of the water...then they would have been lambasted for killing some Iranians in speed boats maybe packed with explosives that could have done this:

www.all-science-fair-projects.com...:USS_Cole_damage.jpg

I guess it does not matter what the U.S. does it will be their fault no matter what.

By the way I think the commander showed great restraint during that situation considering the Iranians were saying they were going to blow them up....I mean come on!

[edit on 9-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancrom

Like the HMS Cornwall?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
It is not an act of provocation to patrol international waters.

A little of topic but how come that RAF saw a Russian bomber formation patroling in northern Antlantic international airspace as a threat or some could say an act of provocation? After all they send their war planes to "intercept" or shadow them. Same happened with iranian gun boats. They we goofing off and making americans nervous.

I see no difference between this indicents and an indicent that we are discussing.

PS. I personally don't believe this "you will explode" crap.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinsear Good thing we have this on video, so it is more difficult for Iran to deny any involvement.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

some UFO vids are clearer. i can't see even an american flag. it could be every country of the world, even british or Namerican.
this is no proof at all...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
With reference to the earlier comment of the quick release of the footage, via the Pentagon, are you saying that without somebody on the deck using a mobile phone device, (think war budgets here!!) would there of been any material created at all.. to be released.. OK is it

1. Captain, to all hands, quick everyone get our your Phones we have limeys on the port bow.

2. Captain to fellow officers, whilst observing the deck hands perhaps through binoculars..tell that deckhand to come up and see me immediately to explain what he has in his hand.

3. Captain to his superiors, can we please have some more funding, as relying on crew hands and their mobile phone devices, to create WW111 is just not good enough.

OK shoot me down, but maybe through this irony there is some truth.
And how much does the USA allocate annually to its war chest!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870
reply to post by Maya432

I don`t see any proof yet that these are even Iranian boats or even really have Iranians manning them or proof of where this is shot or any proof any thing except the proof of a video of little speed boats(that the military gave us) ..and what the MSM has told us..

Do you consider Xinhua (Chinese State Television) MSM?

TEHRAN, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini on Monday played down an incident between Iranian boats and U.S. naval ships in the strategic Strait of Hormuz over the weekend, saying it was "something normal", the official IRNA news agency reported. Link

I labeled Xinhua has Iranian instead of Chinese.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Boone 870]

yes ...for sure I do...chinese news is even more censored than ours is.
so my answer is yes.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I guess it does not matter what the U.S. does it will be their fault no matter what.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

well...if the shoe fits....
sorry for the short post...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
One final thought especially as the key word here on ATS is Proof and sometimes what proof, the earlier reference to radio communications centered around the idea of blowing a ship or ships up, is their any concrete proof to this, and if indeed said than what was actually said, or as is usual is it something that ends with the words, as reported by or in the media, just a thought, as i can hear the bells ringing but in this moment i cant see them.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I do not agree with those who think that it should not be interpretated as a threat.

This happenned in International waters and the US Navy or any Navy in the world has the right to be there so do the Iranians. But by getting this close (200 yards), they (Iranians) could have changed course to do a "kamikazee" move with explosives packed in their speedboats.

But I am not surprised anyway, when 2 countries are ennemies they always play war games on each other to bring stress and try to push the opponent to the limit or over it.

My props go to the courage and professionalism of the US Navy as they demonstrated it very clearly by not going over the edge and opening fire. You guys should be proud
of them.

news.yahoo.com...

Peace,
Europa a French allie

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rxnnxs

Originally posted by Sinsear Good thing we have this on video, so it is more difficult for Iran to deny any involvement.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

some UFO vids are clearer. i can't see even an american flag.

Hello,

Skepticism is good but let me tell you that I clearly identified one the US Navy boats :
en.wikipedia.org...

If you think this was all made up, then you are the one lacking proofs
at this time by making such an unverified statement.

Peace,
Europa

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
1. they didn't look that threatening as they kept their distance.
2. they may have been military but it looked like they were just checking out the cool, big, warships.
3. the higher ups Ianian generals probably didn't know these lttle boat captains had done that until they heard it in the news,
4. I ranian Navy in search of missing speedboat captains. Applications now being accepted.

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
No link as yet but Sky is reporting this morning that Iran is saying that the video is fabricated.

Sky also says that whilst there is audio to accompany the video footage, there is a possibility that the audio was not recorded at the same time as the video.

If, and it's still only an if, the US have arranged this to make it look like a threatening action from Iran, you would think they would use audio from the video would'nt you? It would certainly save a lot of questions,doubt and accusations towards the US.

At the end of the day, we only have the media and the Pentagon's word to trust......neither of whom i trust any more than i'd trust my dog to keep an eye on my dinner whilst i was out of the room!

CX.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
When you aggressivly charge at a ship shouting .. We are coming at you..
you will explode in 2 minutes .. In my opinion you should expect to be blown out of the water. The Americans showed alot of common sense and patience in what must have been a very tense situation. If all of those speedboats were packed with explosives they would have caused alot of damage and deaths aboard the U.S. ships had they decided to try and ram them ..

Ackers....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
IRGC: US Navy audio, video fake
Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:51:52

IRGC says the US video of Sunday's incident in Hormuz Strait involving Iran patrol boats and US ships is archive footage and the audio is fake.

A member of the Navy Forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) told Press TV on Wednesday that the footage released by the US Navy had been compiled using file pictures and the audio had been fabricated.

Earlier Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini said the incident was a normal identification request by the Iranian side.

Hosseini explained that exchanging messages to identify ships in the Persian Gulf is routine.

Washington earlier claimed that IRGC speedboats harassed three US Navy warships in the Strait of Hormuz on Sunday.

The US Navy later released footage purportedly showing Iranian boats menacing US Navy ships in the Persian Gulf.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If they were suicide bombers, why were they wearing life jackets?

perhaps to disguise themselves as civilians, however, even civilians know not to get too close.

I have never been in the military, but that didn't look like any threat to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
And what harm would these speedboats do exactly to a cruiser, a destroyer and a frigate? Before they would get any closer (if they wanted to blow-up), they would be hit with missiles, guns, machine guns, helicopters - you name it! If you ask me, the U.S. fleet was dangerously close to Iranian territorial waters - or perhaps was actually already inside them - and the only response was to send a few speedboats to check up the situation. Who knows. So who is actually provoking here - several thousands tonns of american ships sailing very close to Iranian coast? Or few speedboats, which appear to not be armed at all and look more like police boats?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to Soulja..

the only response was to send a few speedboats to check up the situation.

When iranian boats go to check out a situation.. is it common practise
to yell ( We are coming at you .. in two minutes you are going to explode )
If I was captain of the U.S. warship I would have blown them to hell...

Ackers....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
YES YES YES...once more the U.S is looking for the opportunity for a reprisal attack on Iran, now that the farce about its nuclears plan are old hat and cant be used Bush needs a new reason...why not, its not the first time an "incident" has provoked the U.S into action..

The Gulf of tonkin...the upscaling of Vietnam
The sinking of the Maine..The Spanish American war
Pearl Harbour..WWII

Tonkin was planned , the maine was scuttled and America had intelligence saying the Japs where about to attack and did nothing..

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do to send you to war".

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Edit, someone had already made a similar comment further up, sorry.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by tangent45]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join