It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Levita,

what do you mean that the virus explenation is offensive?

I didn't say it was a virus, I called it a "condition" because I don't really know how else to ask it & did not intend to be offensive.

I was thinking about the myths of a bite causing some victims to turn into a vampire.
I admit I don't know as much about vampires as you seem to. Is the bite "changing" a person a bram stoker invention?

I don't know how to type it, it be easier to talk in person where I could take like 10 tries at explaining in a row & you'd probably get the gist of it.

I meant are vampires a seperate race or are they humans with a "condition" (spiritual/physical/other/or some combo of those). I can't think of any other way to phrase it.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Is New Orleans still a vampire mecca?
Yes New Orleans still holds many vampires. The only decrease in population that occured
was groups fleeing to another destination.

Do you survive solely on blood?
No, but I could. There are many who only consume blood for there diet,
they are usually the more older, 'adjusted' ones.

Do you take blood from donors or do you "hunt" random people?
Abit of both. When I 'hunt', I do not kill my victim. I don't intend to end somebodies experiences
just because I'm thirsty. So they'll usually be either from donors, or I'll feast from from a knocked-out
person.

When taking blood, how much do you consume?
Around 200ml with a donor, so they don't become dizzy. More when they are already passed out.

Does your heart circulate your own body's blood?
Ofcourse it does.

Are vampires immortal?
We age, but very, very slowly. If you were 20 went taken, and two thousand years passes,
you would look probably, almost 25. Why people think they still look the same, as in 'immortal',
is because there aren't many Vampires that are that old that graze around the City.

Are they decendents of Cain?
We are all decendents of Cain. Allthough a good percentage does not follow how he taught.

Do you live in a coven/are you involved with a coven?
No, I choose not to work with other Vampires. As they are more ruthless then I in there meals.

What are the chances of meeting a vampire at Endless Nights vampire festival in New Orleans?
Very good. But there will be many, many wannabes. They will be the ones stalking the crowd with there eyes.
And, if you are sensitive enough, will feel a change in atmosphere when accompanied by one.

Why is it "forbidden" or breaking a rule to talk to non-vampires about your existence?
You can, as long as it is a person you think you can hold much trust in. As for me,
I know none of you.

But this isn't Hollywood. Yes, Hollywood has perpetuated this belief, but it has been a part of the vampire mythos for over 100 years.
Over 100 years? That's probably why I've never heard of it until the films. If it has been in many doctrines, it is just 'icing on the cake'.
Did you also know many texts depict that vampires can fly? I wish that was so,

Why are you risking the wrath of an elder?
Well, let's just say I've never been one to constantly conform.

Was Lilith a vampire? Was she real, but misclasified as a vampire?
She was a vampire in the most hungriest of form. We can become strong quite quickly if one resorts to cannibalism.
But the 'normal' vampire today usually stops at blood.

What about shadow people and black shadows that paralyse and attack people at night?
I can see these 'shadow people'. They are not Vampires, they are just dark entitys. As for the black shadows your referring to that paralyse,
it is an otherworld entity on another plane that has seen you, and has come to attack you/your astral self.

Psychic, as in do vampires feed on the energy of others?
Not at all. As for the 'psychic' vampires, they do. Drinking blood would be too much for most of them, they usually just harvest emotions.
I dislike that they are being called 'Vampires' because they 'feed' off energy. It draws much negativity to an already 'unknown' subject.

So, are you saying Reptilians are exist? Reptilians need blood? I have not heard this before now. Are Reptilians mistaken for vampires?
Ofcourse Reptilians exist. They do drink much blood. Reptilians often get mistaken for as 'the Devil'. Allthough the Reptilian race is actually,
if we were to use Bible terms, the 'devils', I guess them thinking it was the Devil would fit in nicely.

Continued Next Post...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What is the origin of vampires?
There is no origin really. Cain was the first, besides Lilith, and his disciples spread it quickly. We are of every location.

Are they humans infected/born with a "condition"?
Some are born Vampires (Otherkin), most were turned. The only 'condition' that can be told is Vampirism.

Are they a seperate race?
They are seperate branches off the same tree.

Can vampirism be spread? Do vampires have fangs/bite to obtain blood?
Yes, one can turn somebody into a upir. And yes, we all do have rather 'fang'-like teeth.

What does the sun do?
It burns. We do not burst into flames and die, but if left 'long' enough in the sun, the skin starts 'roasting'.

You hint at being an "upire"-polish, correct? Well, first off, are you alive?
Ofcourse I am alive. I am not polish. The word Vampire has too much dogma around it, I prefer to keep with a word I know only people with knowledge would understand.

Do any of our encounter stories seem to accurately describe a meeting with a vampire?
The metro-sexual 'black' man actually sounds quite like William. I have not heard of him in many moons, so I am not sure if he was in that location.
As for the Robert Plant lookalike, I am not quite sure. If he were 400 years he certainly would not 'come out' like that. They are the only two I have read,
I'll read more next time i'm on.

Good Evening.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

I think i'd probably be able to tell if you were meaning to be offensive, Mad Hatter, and i was not talking specifically about you; i meant the mere notion, because it suggests that humans are perfect as they are- which they are not- and the state of being- as whatever a vampire is- is a disease. We are speaking of an alternate state of being, not an ailment. Different groups of people are not illnesses because they are different. But then, that is more of my opinion of why it would be offensive. As for what a vampire IS, it depends on who you ask, and what they individually consider themselves. Ask almost any psi and they will near certainly say they are human- though i would love to know Night Dweller's take on where they fit in- with either a metaphysical change or hinderance, or a spiritual difference.
I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about turning, knowing nothing about it beyond my readings, mostly on myths. There were many different types, and in some cases there was no turning. Turning depended on the type.

Night Dweller, i wasn't suggesting you were polish, but that this version of the word is. It is still a bit obvious. If you want relative anonymity, i would suggest you pick something less easily figured out. upire vampire. Something with no "vamp" for sure, and something without the "ire".

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

ok. I gotcha. glad it wasn't me
. I agree, vampirism isn't a mutation/disease of "perfect" humanity. It almost seems the other way around, humans are "inferior" to vampires, but that is a can of worms for another day.

I think Upior is very silimar in meaning (or equivalent to) to Upire. Maybe go with this term? There are lots of Slavic derivatives that would be not easily understood by outsiders.

vampires.monstrous.com...

reply to post by NightDweller

What do you think about the Book of Nod?

What do you mean you feast from unconscious people? Do you knock them unconscious? Are they homeless or passed out from drinking? What about consuming the blood of a heroin junkie or someone with hepatitis or HIV/AIDS?

How do you choose your non-donors? How do you find a willing donor?

How old are you? Were you born a vampire or were you changed? At what point in your life were you changed (if you were)? Does a “changed” person grow fangs after being changed?

“What are the chances of meeting a vampire at Endless Nights vampire festival in New Orleans?
Very good. But there will be many, many wannabes. They will be the ones stalking the crowd with there eyes.
And, if you are sensitive enough, will feel a change in atmosphere when accompanied by one.”

What do you mean stalking the crowd with their eyes? What kind of change in atmosphere? Like what I felt with the metro-sexual black dude in the French quarter?

Are you a vampire or a role player? (I don't mean to offend you with this, but I wanted to get a clear confirmation from you that you are indeed a vampire)

How do vampires deal with day to day life? Do they work with or assiciate with non-vampires? How do they avoid issues brought up by their non-ageing (all your co workers retire and you still look 20)?

[edit on 7/26/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

...but alas I have no first-hand account that I can share with you.

You wrote this in the first post you made and again in the one I am replying to.
Why won't you/can't you share it?
Why mention you have one if you're not going to share it? Sharing encounter stories is the purpose of this thread.

you did post one here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
do you have more than this story? It's a hell of a story, I'm not belittling it at all, but are there other more definite encounters you've had?

By saying you are a vampire hunter, are you using it in the same manner ghost hunters use "hunter" or do you mean you wish to kill vampires?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

so what would you say were the ups and downs of being an upir?

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Darkhunter008]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Excuse thy's tardiness,
had a great brawl.

It certainly does give a slight view point into our beginning, I have not read the texts for so long my mind seems to linger.

What do you mean you feast from unconscious people?
I do watch objectives for awhile beforehand, to understand there natural workings. I do indeed knock some out, as I make sure that they are not tainted.
It is simple to pick out the unaffected blood types.

By health for the first, the second, I do have particular friends whom I hold enough trust in. They understand,
and actually find things then seem to 'make sense' once I've told them hence secret.

How old are you? Were you born a vampire or were you changed? At what point in your life were you changed (if you were)? Does a “changed” person grow fangs after being changed?
I am too old to remember. I was born a Vampire, and yes, that means I can still 'change' mortals, etc. A changed persons teeth will lengthen and become more pronounced, straightened.

What do you mean stalking the crowd with their eyes? What kind of change in atmosphere? Like what I felt with the metro-sexual black dude in the French quarter?
Standing, peering at everybody in the club. As if scanning a room, piece by piece. The atmospheric change, besides us casting a 'cold spot' wherever we are and a few feet from us in all directions,
is different to every person, as the Vampire has its own unique 'wave'.
Some it can be goosebumps, a feeling of unease, a feeling of temptation/arousal, Sweating. It cannot be defined in one category

Are you a vampire or a role player? (I don't mean to offend you with this, but I wanted to get a clear confirmation from you that you are indeed a vampire)
A Vampire. Do you really think I get kicks out of this?

How do vampires deal with day to day life? Do they work with or assiciate with non-vampires.
Day to day life? You've lost me at the start
. I work, as I am not solely dedicated to leading a gloomy, glamorous, aristocratic lifestyle.
When we work, it's at night. Or kept out of sunlight. We do assosciate with many beings, even some not of this dimension.

How do they avoid issues brought up by their non-ageing (all your co workers retire and you still look 20)?
We do not stick with one job, this is not myself, but I know many whom this relevates to, many Upirs travel the world,
sleep with many, kill and drink many, steal from anybody. So many do not work. And when they do, it is only for a few years maximum.

The pros and cons as for my kind?
I am personally a warrior of light, yet I was born into the Darkness. That for myself is a con.
I cannot detail the pros and cons, as it would vary.
I was never 'normal' to start off with. But let one just say my senses are advanced. Picking up other worldly talkings & also communicating and coercing with different entities.

Alas, Good Evening

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Referring to people you knock out:
"I do watch objectives for awhile beforehand, to understand there natural workings. I do indeed knock some out, as I make sure that they are not tainted.
It is simple to pick out the unaffected blood types."

I could see this being true for people who drink excessively or use drugs heavily, but what about those who get drunk/use drugs in private? How would you know? What about AIDS or HIV. If an "objective" contracted it long before you started to observe them, how would you know?

With a willing donor, it's easy - just get a blood test. But an unwilling donor...

You said it's simple to pick out the unaffected ones. How?

Just to be clear "Standing, peering at everybody in the club. As if scanning a room, piece by piece. " You mean the wanna bees will be doing this, not actual vampires?

"I am personally a warrior of light, yet I was born into the Darkness. "
How can you be a warrior of light, yet feed from unwilling/unwitting "donors"?

"A Vampire. Do you really think I get kicks out of this?"
I honestly don't know. I think some people do enjoy deceiving others.

Will you be making an appearance at Endless Night Festival?

[edit on 7/29/2008 by Dark Realms]

[edit on 7/29/2008 by Dark Realms]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

By saying you are a vampire hunter, are you using it in the same manner ghost hunters use "hunter" or do you mean you wish to kill vampires?

Killing a Vampire is something that I have been motivated to study, but I do not seek them out for such purpose as extermination.

...do you have more than this story?

These are not exactly vampire stories, but you might find them interesting...

...and given some of the more mystical abilities sometimes attributed to vampires, I cannot say if there might not actually be some direct connection.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

you fools vampires are weak! and have no concerns for anyone else come join me in my legion of lycans don't listen to ungrateful vampires
join me on my hunt to destroy vampires
if you are not yet blessed with lycanthropy
go here www.real-wishes.com... for the easy way
or find one of my brothers
WEREWOLVES WILL PROSPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Ahh, I read both of them before. If i didn't tell you before, i found them both interesting. At the time, especially the one about the shadow. It was an older theory of mine also that there were two types of "vampire"s- but that they were dead- the shadows, and alive- the psis.

I now can not call shadows any sort of vampire, but i know they are demons. (I reeeeeeally don't like shadows...
:flame

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Levita]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It seems you are searching for vampires. I can help you find one. Yes, vampires are real. How do I know? Well, it's obvious isn't it? Just in case you haven't figured it out yet I'll tell you. I am a vampire.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Pardon my lateness.

""I am personally a warrior of light, yet I was born into the Darkness. "
How can you be a warrior of light, yet feed from unwilling/unwitting "donors"? "
Hit me when I first read this a few days ago.

I have actually stopped my feeding.
And I've put on weight as a result.
I've developed the flu, and am experiencing insomnia-like effects.

I actually wonder whether one can turn away from it forever,
to somehow become born again, cleansed. I dislike what I did, as is why I do not
usually par take in friendly hunting with other upirs. Or join in on malevolent groups,
who conjure devious plans. Many, many 'Missing People' are taken by us, and then
'disposed' of. That probably is the reason behind many unexplained murders, also.

I dislike that idea. Taking ones soul for my own purpose. I have no right to end
somebodys journey. That is Deaths duty.

To the people I'd knock out, They were of usual 'fit' standard.
Usually the caring father, or mother. Of atleast middle-suburban class.
Or maybe the nice blonde sipping on her martini while out with friends.
By monitoring and the chance of encountment, you extremely slim down the percentage
of coming across a 'negative' blood type.

Just to be clear "Standing, peering at everybody in the club. As if scanning a room, piece by piece. "
You mean the wanna bees will be doing this, not actual vampires?

No, you misunderstood. The wannabes will be parading around, acting all 'Vampire' like.
But us, the real ones, will be sitting back and watching it happen. Watching, and choosing,
who and how the night will end.

I shant be at the Endless Night Festival, different continents.
And, I dislike being surrounded by imposters. Having to deal with my own kind is enough.

Evening.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Well see even I haven't thought completely through it. I'm just theorizing mostly. It was "on a whim" kind of thing. It was just my best hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightDweller

"1st- Can't go into sunlight. This is a problem now isn't it. Perhaps it is because they are not of this world (the same reason that they can't have a reflection or be captured digitally)

Stop right there. That is where Hollywood comes into the scene.
We can be captured on camera. And yes I can see myself in the mirror.
I've never known anybody else who cannot look at there own reflection.

---

See the funny thing about you quoting me is that was not a question at all. I was disproving theoretical nonsense. Try reading everything before trying to prove a point involving my post.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightDweller
Excuse thy's tardiness,
had a great brawl.

It certainly does give a slight view point into our beginning, I have not read the texts for so long my mind seems to linger.

What do you mean you feast from unconscious people?
I do watch objectives for awhile beforehand, to understand there natural workings. I do indeed knock some out, as I make sure that they are not tainted.
It is simple to pick out the unaffected blood types.

By health for the first, the second, I do have particular friends whom I hold enough trust in. They understand,
and actually find things then seem to 'make sense' once I've told them hence secret.

I am too old to remember. I was born a Vampire, and yes, that means I can still 'change' mortals, etc. A changed persons teeth will lengthen and become more pronounced, straightened.

---
I'm sorry but if you claim to be a vampire, a very old one at that, why is your grammer so horrible? You speak as though you have correct articulation and yet you have so many grammer errors. I would think that after years of knowing English and speaking and writing it, that those would not even be present.
Also you worried earlier about "the elder's wrath" then why would you then say that your few donors are not averse to your secret once you tell them. I thought it was bad to tell your secret.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm sorry but if you claim to be a vampire, a very old one at that, why is your grammer so horrible? You speak as though you have correct articulation and yet you have so many grammer errors. I would think that after years of knowing English and speaking and writing it, that those would not even be present.
Also you worried earlier about "the elder's wrath" then why would you then say that your few donors are not averse to your secret once you tell them. I thought it was bad to tell your secret.

Do you really think that I care enough to use a bit more keyboard characters? My time is short on here and English is not the only language I coerce, it wasn't even my first.

As for the second notation, it is not 'bad' to keep a 'secret' in certain, trusted individuals. They have been around me long enough to know that I don't go crazy at the sight of blood. That I won't attack them in there sleep and kill there family, and pretty much, just know that I can be 'normal'.
There are such people that don't go screaming and running once they find out there good friend is a vampire.

It is, however, 'bad' as one would say to release the information I have been over the Internet, inview of anybody who knows the certain address.

And really to the stubborness your post bares, I'm surprised I've replied to you. It doesn't do you any favours belittling beings with, in certain genres, more knowledge.

I do however say sorry, if I had read your previous post wrong. Like I said before, I don't have much time, so I resort to skim reading.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There was an interesting Monster Quest about vampires on last night.
1. Most of the people who were thought to be vampires had consumption (tuberculosis). The weakening and coughing up of blood are some of the effects. They investigated many vampire cases on record and did testing on remains to come to the conclusion.
2. The coffin myth (vampires have to return to their coffins) was started by Bram Stoker. He used it as a dramatic effect to make it easier to hunt the vampires down.
3. Sunlight destroying vampires was started in the movie "Nosferatu". They decided to throw that in there so they would not be sued by Mr Stoker or his estate.
4. A woman claiming to be a blood drinking vampire had her blood tested and it was normal.
5. A woman claiming to be an energy vampire was tested by a paranormal investigator. Most of the tests were normal, but one showed a slight magnetic change. It was mostly inconclusive if she was different from normal people.
Some people may have a deficiency which they thirst for blood as not enough oxygen gets carried in the bloodstream. I forget the name of it, but it is treatable.
Could there actually be immortal beings that feed on blood or energy?
Or are they mostly people who have a normal life span?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

They should have measured her charge before and after, perhaps, if they wanted to find something? Just an idea. I suppose she doesn't mind being an object of honestly limited-interest little experiments. I say that because she makes appearances, but it's stupid for them to potentially waste an appearance like that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join