It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
AnglcKnght - This sounds interesting. Yes, I'll help you the best I can. Please, u2u me instead of using this board.

maximrecoil - The afterlife is a etheric place of a different dimension. It is where your soul transends to when you die. No religion is correct on this.
There is no hell, there is only a 'heaven'. Heaven i'm meaning a pleasant place which envelopes you in love and happiness. Although I do
believe there is a 'judging' of a certain degree, it is not in any way negative. It is more along the lines of, you get to go back and see
everything that happened in your life, and you yourself are the judge of it. You do not get tossed into the fiery flames of hell if most of your
living deeds were built on negative things. I can try and find a website that is more correct with the afterlife, if you wish more detailed information.

I date back to the medieval times. I remember being atleast 200 years old during the Renaissance era. I was quite a fan of Leonardo da Vinci during his time also.
I aged up until my late teens. Yes, we can have kin with humans. The resulting child will either be a vampire or human, and you won't positively know either side until they cease aging.

I am not precisely sure as to how our DNA alters after having been bitten. It has been more accepted as some type of 'virus', yet that word doesn't exactly seem to fit it either.
If someone were to digest the dirt of a Vampire's grave that would also have you turned. So, I am at a loss as to how to describe the molecule shift in our DNA that occurs,
for I have no idea of it myself.

Our skin is like Photosensitivity. We can yander in the sunlight, yet the ultra violet waves pierce quite deep, quite quickly.
Resulting in burns and scars if you're stupid enough to stay there. The scientific mechanism of this I do not know, but I do
know that it is like cases of albinoism, where the skin is quite pale and sensitive enough to be penetrated quickly by the UV glow.

Werewolves? I have never met one, only heared legends and tales. If they are real, they do not link themselves with us.

The 'psychic' abilities we have involve all five of the senses being heightened in awareness. So much so that it almost becomes a sixth sense,
but really it is just our vision and auditory hearing that 'opens' up. How it proceeds by drinking blood is almost on a spiritual level.
When we consume a nice glass of blood it is like yourself tucking into a roast with vegetables and gravy. It gives you nutrients and sustains you.
I am not quite positive exactly how it boosts our immune system and strengthens our senses as no scientific research has been fully conducted.

Blood, to us, is filled with excessive components of energy. To the normal human when consuming it,
it does not give you the heightened effects and longevity it would to a turned human. So, to live off it and to study the calorie intake as a human would,
you are dearly missing many important attributes to the liquid that occurs in a turned human. As for these attributes, I have no idea as to how to describe them.
It is based on a spiritual level, I am almost certain of. But, Like I said previously, no scientific analysis has been done, so I am not exactly sure how.

Famous Vampires? Probably the most famous uncaptured killer was a Vampire. And he liked the name they dogged him with also, 'Jack the Ripper'.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Orion52 - It would not work properly if you were to change a disabled body. It might actually cause the victim to either die or suffer illness.
We see quite greatly in the dark. There are some Vampires who can actually read a book with no light, to get to this 'level' one would have had drunk much blood and ate rare meat.
Yes, some do miss the sunlight. Some grow to despise it. It would start to burn our skin after around ten minutes on a cloudless Summer day.
More depending on the weather and how clear the sky is.

WatchRider - The UK is home to many, many Vampires. You walk past atleast 2 every week.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightDweller
maximrecoil - The afterlife is a etheric place of a different dimension. It is where your soul transends to when you die. No religion is correct on this.
There is no hell, there is only a 'heaven'. Heaven i'm meaning a pleasant place which envelopes you in love and happiness. Although I do
believe there is a 'judging' of a certain degree, it is not in any way negative. It is more along the lines of, you get to go back and see
everything that happened in your life, and you yourself are the judge of it. You do not get tossed into the fiery flames of hell if most of your
living deeds were built on negative things. I can try and find a website that is more correct with the afterlife, if you wish more detailed information.

Who created this "afterlife" place? How does a soul get there upon death of the body? And again, how do you know of its existence and the details of it?

I date back to the medieval times.

So you are about 700 years old? That's a lot of time to accumulate knowledge. Plus you said earlier in the thread that you have communicated with other "entities". Who are these "entities"? Where do they come from, and why haven't they explained the science behind you and your kind's unique properties?

What is the origin of the vampire? What purpose do they serve? Who wrote their unique genetic code?

Yes, we can have kin with humans. The resulting child will either be a vampire or human, and you won't positively know either side until they cease aging.

Why would you need to wait to see if they stop aging in order to tell if they are a vampire or not? Wouldn't an aversion to sunlight and an appetite for blood be pretty solid indicators?

Speaking of vampire characteristics, are they all the same for all vampires, and what are they exactly? Do you have fangs? If so, are they permanent or do they come out on demand like in the movies? What about strength and speed? How much can you bench-press for example, and how fast can you run a mile? How fast would you heal from say a paper cut? How about a gunshot wound? Are you affected by silver, crucifixes, garlic, holy water, mirrors, etc.?

Famous Vampires? Probably the most famous uncaptured killer was a Vampire. And he liked the name they dogged him with also, 'Jack the Ripper'.

Is he still around? Do you know him?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ND:

I question or three if I may: You say that New Orleans is a mecca for your kind. Do you visit often? If you have been to New Orleans, do you remember a bar called Kagen's? If you are familiar with it, what can you tell me about it?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by quaple_pouge

I could be wrong, but didn't you ask him that before?
(I'm impressed with how this thread came back to life. Maybe i should stay away more often?
)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
well to offer speculation i would surmise that vampirism is actually an act that vlad the impaler committed in order to gain power over his enemies. i actually find it comparable to cannibals in south America or native Americans who scalped their fallen enemies as a trophy. but if someone saw this general drinking blood himself, pride of kill could be mistaken for nourishment. that aside, one should be worried about a human being with such a need for blood. if one were to hunt all evil, then one should track down half of their steps before striking out at the neighborhood fetishist. another thought... it could be genetic.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Another stupid question so sorry about that....maybe some one else maybe able to answer it for me too....

Why is New Orleans the Mecca for your kind?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by luvforwill
Another stupid question so sorry about that....maybe some one else maybe able to answer it for me too....

I'm just an average person, but I think I can help with your question!

New Orleans might be their Mecca because of the history of the city. During the slave trade Africans that were brought to New Orleans practiced Voodoo, so it has a tradition with the occult. I think it's also the most haunted place in America because of the slave trade and the battles that were fought there. Plus, it's in the middle of a swamp. If I was a vampire it would be a good vacation spot!

NightDweller might have a different answer though.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
decided to send a U2U

[edit on 22/8/08 by quaple_pouge]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

Or, it could be that all these "vampires" 'we' keep metioning are secretly the sponsors of the Anne Rice fan club?
Bad joke, i know. But on this less-than-serious note, i've just got to wonder. The type with longer life spans, they have "forever"! What do they DO with all that time? What do they read? Reading something like those stories might be something like an "ego trip" for them.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

I bet vampires get bored with all their free time! It's no wonder they have such good grammar and writing. They have to do something! I mean you can only read War and Peace so many times...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

Nice one.
Which brings me to the idea that... well, why did no one ask Night Dweller yet- what DOES he do with all his unending years?
Seriously, theoreticaly, there is this entire other type, the vampires. They're vampires, yes. But that's not the answer. They would be only one small part of the whole. Besides taking ego trips, perfecting their incredible grace, posture, guitar skillz, and proper grammar, what do they do? Because those things can only take up so much time? Wouldn't you figure they would seek more knowledge? Otherwise, they're just as mentally asleep as the rest of the un-vampiric population. And, you know what, you can only get so many kicks out of sneakign up on people and startling them.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by luvforwill

probably because thats where anne rice based her famous vampire books, the adventures of lestat, good books there is something very alluring about the vampire mythology youth good looks strength and power who wouldnt like that fantasy.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Which is why if those books -now that i think of it- weren't provoking/insulting in some way, or a good laugh, they would be huge ego-trips.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Nightdweller,

Thanks for sticking around & answering more questions.

I think I brought up the New Orleans thing with my possible encounter story. I don't know, I could see it being populated with vampires up till the turn of the millennium. Things started changing getting fake here and there isn't much darkness left at all. The Dirvish is closing again. I know it's closed before and reopened, but I seriuosly doubt if it will open again.

Anyway, I second the question -why is New Orleans a mecca? Is it still?
I've been all over the french quarter many times since the possible encounter and not met or seen anyone that made me feel/think they were a vampire.

I don't thinkthis has been addressed either:
How is the blood taken? Do you use fangs to puncture the skin? Can you somehow suck blood out without breaking the skin, like a person posted about in one of the possible encounter stories?

[edit on 8/25/2008 by Dark Realms]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Some shadows were thrown into the vampire-labeled cauldron. I read somewhere that one type of "vampire" had a jagged tongue, with prickers on it- but other than cats using their tongues to clean themselves because they have rough, comblike tongues, where do we see things like that in nature? That's the closest nature comes to--- THAT...
It may be odd to bring up, but Count Orlok (Orlock?) had ratlike teeth, right? Usually, vampires are thought to have retractable fangs. Is that found anywhere in nature? Snakes? ???
There are animals whose whole mouths are full of sharpened teeth, and there are animals with lenthened canines. I'd have to say that unnatural as they would seem- unusual at least... "vampires" would still have to be an extreme case in nature.

I just thought of something else. You know those fang sets silly people wear around, that go on the incisors and the two teeth further in?
Not only does that look stupid (in my opinion,) but where is THAT one found in nature?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

sorry to side track but i had this photograph of a human skull found in Kodiak Alaska which my dad and his brother took cougar claws and replaced the incisors with them. the effect is they could create a hoax that they had a vampire skull. sorry, but it was a funny i had to share.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
reply to post by Orion52

Wouldn't you figure they would seek more knowledge?

I've honestly run out of knowledge to seek.
You'd be surprised how much I actually do know.
Everything that I now want answered can only be described to me either if I die, or in the coming evolution of mankind.

Personally, I think it has taken far too long for this time to happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Realms

There isn't much darkness left at all?
My, in spiritual terms we're all being haunted by 'evil'.
Everybody thinks the way we have been living for end on is how we are supposed to.
I know you were not pointing in this direction, but it is a very important note.

And yes, We do use our teeth to sink into there flesh.
No Vampire I know would go out of there way to not cause harm to the intended victim.
If it were incase this fact, they wouldn't bother.
They'd either buy the new synthetic blood drink or ask for blood from local butchers.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join