It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire encounters

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NightDweller

Seeing as you've been kind enough to answer others' questions, maybe you'll entertain answering a few of mine. Forgive me if they've been asked on here before.

How do your healing abilities compare to those of a normal human? Do you heal at a similar rate, or are you even affected the same as a human is? How about diseases such as cancer, Hiv, and the such. Will they be fatal to you, in the same way they can be to a human? Are there any diseases you're more or less susceptible to?

Do you, or your kind, interact with humans to the extent of forming relationships, or strong friendships with them? May seem a stupid question, but given you claim to be almost immortal, having someone as a friend or partner you know is going to die before you, must be somewhat draining, to have it keep happening. And, then there's the issues of even telling them what you are, etc, how to explain your lack of aging if you don't.

There's a lot of fiction on vampires out there, and several books claiming to be somewhat truthful..are there any you've read or heard of, that are somewhat truthful about your kind, or is it all just fiction, made up to entertain?

Lastly, are there many other non-human races out there that exist? Feel free to throw in a few examples.

Sadly, I cannot say I believe you, 100%, it's easy to sound truthful when you're behind a screen, but never the less, I am interested in hearing your answers, should you so choose to reply.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There's one question I can't believe anyone hasn't asked yet.
Nightdweller,

What's your the real deal with the supposed hallowed ground and personal household myth.
You know the one that vampires cannot entire a dwelling without being invited in first.
Is that another hammerhorror/hollywood myth???

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

You need to define "vampire", but you'll soon realize its nothing you can prove since a being a vampire is probably a statement of mind more than anything else. Unless you begin to include long canine teeth and the like, lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Anonymous- You don't believe me, which is fine. But I'll answer your questions in the quest of maybe opening your mind to such topics. That we do, indeed, exist.
My healing abilities are more rapid then the usual human injury. Our immune system is quite strong, withstanding common colds, virus' and I do know a handful of Vampires that did not become affected during the Black Death of 1347. As for HIV and other such diseases, I have not yet heard of an infected kin. It may be possible thru direct contact, but I am not completely sure.

Yes, we form bonds with humans. Friendships and sexual relationships. However, we do not ever stick around for more then five years or so; Our features will appear too young for our 'age'.
We do not get attached so easily. Usually we'll move to another destination, start anew. It's just one big cycle if you're looking for mortal friends.
Usually most get tired of it, start tracking down there kind and forming 'relationships' with them.

No author has gotten our events or our 'lifestyle' correct. Yet there are many similiarities to ourselves in the Anne Rice novels and Interview with the Vampire. I did manage to see
Queen of the Damned, which was too theatrical. I do however wish that we were capable of levitating through the air

And finally, yes, there are many non-human beings that wonder this dreary planet.
However, there are no 'intelligent' ones, as per say, that originated here in the first place. What I am meaning is that there are many, many beings inhabitting Earth,
but they are not of this planet. Some may have been born or created here, but they are extraterrestrial in origin.

WatchRider- Completely false. A known 'hobby' of ours is actually breaking and entering, raping and then in some cases, murdering.
Atleast 1/3 of all missing people and unsolved murders have usually been taken by one of us, I do not say that proudly.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hi Nightdweller,

I hope you don't mind my asking some questions.

Is being "changed" into a vampire a difficult/painful thing?

Are those that weren't born vampires usually unhappy that they became them, or do they feel it's a better way to live?

What's the oldest vampire you've heard of (i.e. the Elders)?

How common are vampires? For instance, has almost everyone at least passed one in the street?

How would a "normal" person "find" a vampire? And is it possible or even logical to go about persuading one to change you?

And... this is kind of weird... but you know how menstruating women are told to stay out of the ocean so they won't attract sharks, and not to camp because they'll attract bears? Is that a problem for vampires?

Personally, I think the people that want to become vampires are kind of ridiculous. Maybe I'm a more methodical, rational person, but I'd have to set up some kind of meeting where I'd have to ask lots of questions before decided. And then what would the vampire get out of it?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

ghosts DO exist.
they have evidence of that AND there is evidence of vampires
if you stop and think for once
instead of focusing on the distractions life probably purposely throws at everyone
then it's extremely possible for many species of vampires to exist among us in secret
if some normal people have to drink blood because they need certain nutrients [which is true]
then its likely that vampires are only just more strongly affected
i believe in them strongly and spend most of my daily routine daydreaming about when i will finally meet a real one while i look out of the window at school
besides there's also so many animals we don't even know exist in the first place
i don't know exactly what their lifestyle is yet
but im positive that their out there somewhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Jackieisinlove, Greetings.

When one 'changes', it is painful, uncomfortable. It is like dying, and being reborn, over a course of two or three days.

Some dislike being changed indefinitely, knowing they're going to watch there loved ones die. Some seem to loathe it over a course of a few lifetimes, growing tired of constantly on the move.
And some also seem to love it more as the years pass. It is completely upto the nature of the Vampire.

The oldest Vampires? I am not completely sure of this, as they may have been killed prior to my knowing, but there were an elusive group that have been here since the Ancient Egyptian era.

How common are Vampires? I can say that atleast every person in the world has been in the presence of more then one vampire. We vary around the world.

Asking a Vampire to change you is yourself personally signing your own Death Certificate. It is very unwise. It is quite hard to 'find' a Vampire, as we usually find you. But to truck one of us down? I advise any Vampire bar. We do congregate there, even if some of the owners aren't actually akin.

For the blood scenario, There is no difference between the female vampire menstruating and the female human. Both do give off the same scents.

"And then what would the vampire get out of it?" Anything you like, or dislike. It is entirely upto you how you wish to spend all of your years.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

There was a child standing with his head bowed towards him in the torch light. How the child had come to be there he didn't know. For a few moments he cast a glare around the circle of guards who stood beneath each torch, apparently oblivious and unconcerned that this boyar child had managed , not only to escape the corral, but to approach his outdoors throne and stand before him like a common petitioner!

"You wish to ask a question?"

"No, great sir."

"Who are you then?"

"I'm your son, great sir."

"My son? Very well, any son of mine must prove himself a soldier."

He motioned a guard over.

"Give the boy your sword."

The guard drew his sword and handed it to the boy who received the heavy sword awkwardly, allowing the point to rest on the ground. It was clear the child was weak and exhausted from hunger.

He motioned to the same guard to approach him and said, quietly,

"Bring his father."

After a while a man was pushed forwards in to the circle of lights, flanked by two guards, his hands tied with coarse ropes.

"Here," he said to the boy,"Here is our enemy! Strike him down now so that you and I may not be sold by him as slaves to the turks!"

[edit on 15-8-2008 by undermind]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Excuse me for being so uneducated about this topic, i have just found this an interest after reading a novel that go me thinking about people secrets, and how there is no way we will ever know the truth for everything.

But is there any one of you who practice a "vegetarian" way of life?

I know it is a corny question so sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Someone's been reading Twilight ^_^ ::points to luvforwill:: But yes, that's a good question. Is it possible to feed solely off of animals, rather than humans?

That would be an odd concept for me, because as it is, I am a vegan! I guess my vampire version of that would suddenly be to drink from animals. It'd be nice if you could just juice some red vegetables... or have some V8 maybe?

Thank you, Nightdweller, for your time. What I meant when I asked about females menstruating was, are they more likely to be attacked when in this state? Like how sharks or bears will also be more likely to attack.

It never occurred to me that a female vampire's reproductive system would still be working in such a way as they'd continue to experience menstruation. But I suppose you did say some vampires were born, so I'm guessing they were born to other vampires, which would make the reproductive system quite necessary!

Another question, if you would be so kind
If a vampire didn't want to see a loved one die, why not just change that loved one? I told my husband that if I were ever to become a vampire, I'd turn him too. I couldn't take being alone. I don't see why vampires would stop themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The poster is very polite, but I don't think I believe this. There are just too many holes for someone to exist for hundreds and thousands of years. Even if it were physiologically possible(which it isn't) the social side of things would certainly give "vampires" away. Too manu loose ends...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

Hundreds of thousands of years? My, I do not think the powerful Egyptian era existed that long ago. And I have not heard of one of us existing for that long. Please, don't jump to conclusions just yet.

Entertain me with these loose ends you speak of.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I have to keep it short -

You can feed solely off animal blood if you have to.
Your senses will not be as advanced, but your system will still be above normal.

You do not have to worry either way if you are experiencing your cycle or not when you are camping/swimming.
The bears and sharks won't react to minor blood loss.

Usually, nobody wants to put there loved ones thru the ordeal they had to endure. And because it is a loved one, you would ask them first. When the everyday person gets asked if they'd like to be changed, the usual answer is 'No.', followed by panic or fear.
Some don't want to risk that, but then again, many do.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hi Nd,
a few questions if you'd be so kind.

Do vampires believe in an afterlife?
If so-
Is there a common thought about it or is it an individual thing?
Do you consider your life now as an afterlife?
Do normals go to a different place?
Have you heard or heard of other entities communicating anything on the subject?

Thanks either way, bw

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

The same thing happens to every person when they die.
There is an 'afterlife', dying isn't the end. It's more like waking from a deep sleep.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akane

Greetings,

I am currently in the midst of collecting as many Vampire encounters, sightings records as possible. These stories are for a personal interest and will not be shared nor published in any shape or form. And I am well aware of vampire existence skepticism so please refrain from telling me they are not real, It would be a waste of time and further more do not bash this thread.

PS: If possible provide the country the encounter has happened in,if you wish you can also provide province, state, city...this is so I can approximate where the most sightings occur.

www.vampiretemple.com

These guys are the most serious about being vampires as I have ever found. Those who talk about the NWO may want to give them a look...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

wow...a few weeks ago i wouldve never believed that this kinda thing could happen...but if ne of u would look back to like the 7th or 8th page u could c my stories about my girlfriend seeming to go through vampiric changes...well when i left off i told u guys how i had to meet her at the air port and well...we hung out at her place for the night and i woke up different...i had a wierd taste in my mouth and my neck wuz not kool...i have been turned id say but there is still a part of me tht doesnt wanna believe this...for this nightdweller guy...u were right about the transitions...but im worried about this whole "soulless" business...since i realized her transformation ive been doing research and I got caught up watching that old show Angel and there were a lot of episodes about souls

I havent seen my girlfriend for some time now but she lefts an apologetic message on my phone...i wanna find her but im so confused about everything...maybe you can help me

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightDweller
reply to post by beezwaxes

The same thing happens to every person when they die.
There is an 'afterlife', dying isn't the end. It's more like waking from a deep sleep.

First, would you care to elaborate with regard to this "afterlife", and second, how do you know this?

You said that you don't know how old you are, but how old are you approximately? What time period were you born in? What was going on in the world when you were a child?

How does your claimed slow aging work during childhood? Do you age to adulthood in the normal amount of time (18 years or so) or does it take an extremely long time?

Can vampires have children with humans or only with other vampires? If the former is possible, what would the children be classified as, and what would they be like?

Can you explain the mechanism by which a human is turned into a vampire? This would require some serious DNA modifications. There is no precedent for such a thing in nature. For example, a human can not change an ape into a human by biting, or whatever. This seems more like something that could be accomplished in a lab through advanced knowledge, rather than the natural effect of a bite (or whatever).

What is the mechanism that causes sunlight to burn your skin so quickly?

What about werewolves? Do they exist? If so, what do you know about them?

Can you explain the nature of your claimed psychic abilities, and also explain the mechanism of the ability, as well as the mechanism behind the enhancement of this ability that you claimed results from drinking blood?

You said that some vampires can live solely on drinking blood, and you said that you could if you wanted to. Can you explain this mechanism? Blood does not have much energy value, as measured in Calories, given that it is primarily water (83%).

Do you know of any famous people in history that were actually vampires?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey NightDweller, I have a few questions for you. I know you have been asked many things already, but I hope you will entertain them.

You said one has to be healthy to be changed into a vampire. But, what would happen if you decided to change someone that was disabled or had a genetic disease that can't be passed on? Would they regenerate? Or do you keep the attributes you have before the changing?

Obviously vampires must be able to see in the dark. How well do you see in darkness?

Do the vampires that were once normal ever miss sunlight? How long can they stay under the sun?

Thanks for your time. It's nice to know that some vampires seem to have principles! I agree, why should a vampire kill a human just because they are thirsty? After all, vampires are related to the human species.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
NightDweller, you seem to have a certain British style about you.
Is the UK a place with many vampires? Do certain parts of the UK have more than others?
Ta.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join