It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I Said it in the last thread about this topic & I'll say it again.

15 Days i a vrey long time to be in prison with Murderers, Rapists, Terrorists etc...

Even if she makes it through the 15 days, she still has to make it past the huge crowed of Muslims,screaming for her death outside the prison.

I think there is a good chance that she will not make it out of Sudan alive.

Islamic People are amongst the most irrational people on this planet, as is islam its self.

I don't want to sound biggoted or anything but Pictures paint a 1000 words...

Look how these people are reacting to this in Sudan. Look how they react to anything they precieve as an insult. "They did the exact same thing with Chapelle Corby, right down to the Machetties"...lol

They burn flags, they bomb shopping malls & fly Jets Planes into Croweded buildings. They Rant & Rave & Chant "Death to Christians" & "Jihad, Jihad, Jihad"..All in the name of Allah!!!

And then they say we just missinterpret them...What else are Westerners supposed to make of all this?

Westerners see this kind of behavior & is it any wonder they place blame on all muslims because of it? It's sceary, & most westerners are reacting out of fear & thats a natural thing..to do when confronted by this sort of behavior.

Sure there are Muslims out there who are really nice people But it's the ones who act Crazy that push everyone against the entire religion. Why, because we just don't know who to trust. It's that simple!!

Never anywhere on earth, do you see Christians, Hindu's, Jews, Bhuddists, Prodistants etc..., Acting this way. Which is why you never see Christians Putting down any other races or religions, because we have nothing to fear from them.

[edit on 12/2/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Never anywhere on earth, do you see Christians, Hindu's, Jews, Bhuddists, Prodistants etc..., Acting this way. Which is why you never see Christians Putting down any other races or religions, because we have nothing to fear from them.

www.splcenter.org...

www.bikernet.com...

i3.tinypic.com...

home.cshore.com...

Just a couple of example of many.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's an update news item that describes things a bit better and would lead me to believe that things aren't always as they seem - could be worse and hopefully soon much better.

After reading this I feel a little more optimistic but who knows? She has spoken with Channel 4 but her lawyer in Khartoum was unaware of this... that's not good. www.cbc.ca... There are links to Baroness Warsi and Nazir Ahmed from the House of Lords bios on that link.

Mira

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by MikeboydUS

congrats i see someone is cashing in on this moment
i guess in private you are thanking the Mob as its bennifiting you in general

This is if this is your site and you are making money out of this

I am simply involved in spreading an idea. I have nothing to do with the money making or charity work. In otherwords I am not using this event to make a profit. I am spreading an idea and encouraging others to show support for Mrs. Gibbons and to show how absurd this whole event is.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by geemony
Exactly what they are doing. they are looking and waiting for any what they deem as an offence to Islam. Its a deception tactic, they cry victim at every wrong word or wrong observation of Islam by an outsider, and then they attempt to justify blowing up women in children, and beheadings, as punishment for speaking against Islam.

Pretty cowardly way to fight your enemies IMO.

And this is any different from members here that do the same AND have Google at their disposal to castigate a whole religion? I'd like to know why this is any different. "Pretty cowardly"? Well said.

Well, the only answer I can come with to your attempted comparison is that nobody dies when "members here that do the same AND have Google at their disposal to castigate a whole religion". Nobody is even injured. The muslims in sudan, saudi arabia, etc. that do these things can hardly claim that, and neither can you.

Frankly, I'm quite surprised anyone even tried that apologetic argument.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What we have got here is a small group of Muslim Extremists calling for the execution of a foreigner.

This woman is :

1. Regarded as blasphemous for innocently allowing a child to name a teddy bear Mohammed.

and

2. Handicapped by her gender in a Muslim country

If this teacher had of been a man methinks she may have come off the better.

At the end of the day, it is grossly unfair to blame the whole of Islam for the ridiculous mob mentality of a handful of brainwashed religious zealots.

The Brits need to get her out and the mob needs to be dealt with effectively by their OWN government.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm so tired of these people who think they can just go to any country and think they can help or try to make a change in some way. So they go even though they can see what’s going on in the world and probably being warned not to go, they go anyway. And when they end up in trouble they expect their country to get them out of it. At first I felt bad for this teacher but then I realized if she wouldn't have put herself in that situation just by going there then too dam bad. Seems like allot of people these days just don't have any common sense.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by UScitizen]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
BBC TV News are reporting this woman has been pardoned.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Your not going to believe this. The said teddy bear in this farce is to be locked up for life. He is being place into storage forever. True check the news.

I presume to stop him from leading a bear revolt against Islam, lol. What the hell is going on in the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
FREE THE ONE

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Finally, someone who 'gets it' !

It's a relentless task to keep people's concentration on the topic, time and time again whenever the problems of Islam are criticised, invariably people will come up with "Yeah well Christianity is no better!!" as if it somehow negates the problems in question. It's a right pain in the bum to have to repeat the same things time and time again to those who simply refuse to see the bigger picture.

Even people I know personally, in real life, are the same. It's so that now talking about religion ends in heated arguments, simply because as soon as I mention the "I" word, suddenly christ was a murderer who beat children and drank blood - and it takes little effort to get there.

If I have a problem with a Picasso, pointing out the flaws in a Rembrandt won't change my opinion.

Sheesh..

Good post mate !

CHeers mate

The lazy relativist attitude really irks me- ie one religion is as bad as another.

YES anyone of any religion can do bad things, but there are simply no comparisons in scale and actions by the followers of Islam- to pretend otherwise is real head in the sand stuff, mainly born out of fear I think, fear of Islam, and fear of being seen as "racist", even though it is a religion, not a race

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UScitizen
I'm so tired of these people who think they can just go to any country and think they can help or try to make a change in some way. So they go even though they can see what’s going on in the world and probably being warned not to go, they go anyway. And when they end up in trouble they expect their country to get them out of it. At first I felt bad for this teacher but then I realized if she wouldn't have put herself in that situation just by going there then too dam bad. Seems like allot of people these days just don't have any common sense.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by UScitizen]

I agree with this, sounds like a woman who had a mid life crisis, wanting to explore "new cultures"- here is the deal, if you are a woman, homosexual, heck, NON muslim, do not go to one of these backward "states" that employs shariah law, how about that for travel advice

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Lets not forget the main issue here.
Someone calls a teddy a name she gets locked up!
Are you kidding me

I don't care what your beliefs or your religion, the whole thing is joke and just proves how extreme and silly it is to believe that.
And before the muslims start having a go my best friend is a muslim who I love and respect dearly and even he thinks it's a joke too!

I mean honestly.
C'mon humanity lets have a bit of commen sense here and let her go.

FREE THE ONE!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I agree with:
If you don't agree with the beliefs don't go to these countrys it's not safe.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Can I point out a few things if it has not already been posted on this thread!!

1) It was the children who picked the name for the teddybear not the teacher, so should all those children be jailed or lashed 14 times also?

2) She did not insult anyone, the doctorine for the religion, does not say that violence should be used as a result of anyone unsulting or inciting ate againt that religion, (which was not the case)

If they did get their way and she was lashed in public view. I am afraid their would have been violence over here in the UK between, the communities over here.

Just be thankfull that she has now been released. Hopefull she will be on her way home now. Makes me wonder why she would want to go back after what is happened.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I read that she is supposed to be getting released (is that confirmed)
I also hope that this whole thing does not get blown out of all proportion now.
And your right, she should not go back!
If she does she's

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hughynews

Yes she has been released, she was pardoned by the Sudanease President. She is now in British Officials Protection. Although they willnot give out details where she is. Supposingly until the is either in the Air on her way home to the UK or on UK soil.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Ironclad

www.splcenter.org...

www.bikernet.com...

i3.tinypic.com...

home.cshore.com...

Just a couple of example of many.

Most of these examples realy mean nothing..

Most of these incidents were one offs.

Most of these incidents were non-violent & those that were, were not motivated by religion.

There was no macheties or AK47's to be seen anywhere. Just banners & slogans "which is allowed under the freedom of speech act".

There was no Call for the death of an entire race.

The one incident of violence you did include was a Sexual based Hate crime, perpertrated by a bunch of drunk Skinheads, not a religious one.

Slogans calling for the death of US Soldiers were no different to the Hippies that did the same thing during Vietnam.

None of these incidents hold a candle to the crap that goes on in every Muslim country, every single day!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just listened to the morning news and the report here is that the teacher G. Gibbons has been released! A link to Sudan's president pardons jailed British teacher

This is the best possible outcome from a bad situation.

Mira

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well it's good that she got pardoned... but as a fellow Brit I must say that once she is home, it is her official duty to turn around and give the finger to the whole Sudanese mob

"yeah p*** off with yer knives and that! ya think yer ard or somethin!?"

hahaha that would be classic...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join