It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think you all are forgetting that Sudan is a soveriegn nation. Had a citizen of Sudan did this what would the penalty be? I think she should be treated no better then the average citizen and no worse then it. If the law calls for death, so be it. If it calls for 40 lashes so be it. People whine, B*tch, and complain, about the poor children, and how she was trying to help. How about getting off your high horse, and helping the kids in you neighborhood. At least there you won't get spanked or hung. People need to realise that there are 2 completely different worlds out there. There's the western world, and then there is the 3rd world. If you play in anothers backyard, be prepared to reap what you sow. These worlds are so completely different that trying to compare our thoughts, and principles to the other would only make you angry.

Moral of the story, When you're in another country, be aware of there laws, however crazy you may think they are, you are bound to them.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by camain

Sorry, it just doesn't work in this case.

It's easy for you to say "help the kids in your own neighbourhood", but this woman travelled a great distance, leaving family and friends behind to give children from a 3rd world country a better chance in life. She gave everything and expected nothing in return.

And it's not a "Sovereign" nation - it's a dictatorship responsible for a mass genocide, rape and displacement of unimaginably countless poor people.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by Mr. Pele Pele
It will be funny if someone actually shoots the woman.

What an ignorant and stupid thing to say.

Don't get mad.

Besides, she'd be better off shot than clubbed or stabbed. In case you didn't know, these Muslims don't play games. Look at how many
Africans they've murdered in their own country (Sudan means "land of the blacks" in Arabic).

You mess with those fools, you suffer the consequences.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by camain
I think you all are forgetting that Sudan is a soveriegn nation. Had a citizen of Sudan did this what would the penalty be? I think she should be treated no better then the average citizen and no worse then it. If the law calls for death, so be it. If it calls for 40 lashes so be it. People whine, B*tch, and complain, about the poor children, and how she was trying to help. How about getting off your high horse, and helping the kids in you neighborhood. At least there you won't get spanked or hung. People need to realise that there are 2 completely different worlds out there. There's the western world, and then there is the 3rd world. If you play in anothers backyard, be prepared to reap what you sow. These worlds are so completely different that trying to compare our thoughts, and principles to the other would only make you angry.

Moral of the story, When you're in another country, be aware of there laws, however crazy you may think they are, you are bound to them.

Cheers,

Camain

My point exactly. If she would have stayed in Britain, she wouldn't have any problems. You people whine about how savage the Muslims are, but at least you are smart enough to not go to their country and play with them like this. It's the woman's own fault that she was too stupid to know better.

And she was supposed to be a teacher...lol

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ok i dont know what to make of this really. my name is mohamed i never knew my name could be a cause of terror or fear. yes it is the most common name so i think the teacher wouldn't have realized the consequences of naming a tedy bear with that name. to her its like naming the bear Jerry or something, so no way she could've known that would be offensive. i myself am not offended but in general Muslims would consider it "unpleasant" to do so, nothing serious just improper. but man these Sudanese are nuts i tell u. I talked to Christian Sudanese who used to live there and they lived in fear like u wont believe. stuff like that gives muslims a bad name third world or not, same with that Saudi rape thing. anyway i live in a country where they dont have these ridicules laws, but sadly, the government here are experts in torture though. search it at youtube and you will know what i mean.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
No doubt they'll shoot her with weapons supplied by the Bush administration in another of their underhanded deals with radicals through the CIA.

How was that?

Pretty much a load of BS as most of the Bush haters tend to carry with them most of the time. I am waiting quietly for the thread on how Bush pulled off the Hillary Clinton Campaign office hostage incident. I don’t defend Bush much because he is an idiot 95% of the time but come on The Hypocrats will be up to the plate soon lets see how they do.

and oh......

The AK47 is the weapon of choice for most fighting Muslims. You can see for yourself in any number of videos from the region so no need for any back up data here. But if you have some credible proof, the Bush Administration or the CIA sold arms to the radical Muslims in the Sudan please share.

Do you know where AK47s come from?

Your comments really don’t further the discussion of why Islam tends to be a violent religion in most countries outside of the US. But hey, that is Bush’s fault to right? And its Americas fault Radical Muslims hate everyone who isn’t Muslim? or its..... Bushes fault Muslims in America love it here and love the combination of living free and worshiping free. [Sarcasm] Man, we wouldn’t want that kind of living to spread across the globe would we? [/Sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As a Sudanese i kinda take offense to the term "Backwards" being used to describe my country lets not forget that civilization flourished here long before it did in the west.

Back to this whole teddy business - this whole incident is truly ridiculous- all this fuss over a name - which bears no meaning religiously - after all he was only a man who happened to be a prophet.

As for the protesters, they were made up of poor uneducated souls who have minimal understanding of Islam and are merely puppets of opportunistic hard line politicians who jump at any opportunity to make a name for themselves locally.

As for this " She was in Sudan to teach the poor and helpless -BS" the school she worked in, is one of the best schools in Khartoum catering to the children of the elite and ex-pat kids - she was here to make some decent coin!!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But so what as far as this poor teacher is concerned. She goes to Sudan to help teach their poor children and if you are correct, they repay her for that with prison and now an attempt to make her a pawn in their dislike of "outsiders".

Still all wrong, for whatever reason is claimed.

Could not agree more, in fact the kids voted on what to name the bear that is what has me turning over in my head the WTF questions.

Is it more about the kids voteing? Exercising western forms of choosing whats best for the majority?

These radical Muslim views are and have been way out of control. The mullahs and high clerics stand by, say nothing, and do nothing to stop this kind of hate. I am starting to think the Leaders of Islam, and their are those that have great influence over Islamic teachings abroad. They do nothing they let the violence continue and things like this go down.

Salmon Rushdie might have been on to something huh?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bovarcher

A very well thought out and IMO very accurate post Sir. I agree with you I don’t this was as much about naming the bear as it was about allowing the Children to vote on the naming of the bear. The Wahabist-Jihadist wing of Islam at its core is a very strict form of Islam. People are told how to live and how to think by those that call the shots. And they preach ultimate hate for anything not of strict Islamic teachings. And of course anything embraced by the west. If you look at the faces in the crowd at the protest in Sudan, you see so much hate in the eyes of those protesting. You also see some smiling and loving the coverage they are getting. WTF is wrong with some people?

Went with this video not only for content but the English anchor is pretty smokin to.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ahhh the followers of the premier religion of peace again show how fair and balanced it and they are.

Sickening. Why oh why can't we all just realize that religion is just a really good bedtime story and advance PAST this nonsense?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
EDIT!

Damn this is the 2nd time my crap connection double posted for me...

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Dero]

Dae

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by baklawa

This is a great post!

She was teaching in a posh school and was making decent coinage *BAM* if there is proof of this fact then it makes this story a little more interesting.

I looked at the BBC website a number of days ago and most Sudanese had no clue what was going on with this teacher. So who informed them all? Someone did!

Perhaps at the beginning a fellow teacher had a grudge on this Liverpool lady and grassed her up and it blew to this massive proportions by TPTB - it only takes one 'cleric' to insight madness!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Man, if this doesn't shout "put down and forget about your old dead gods" for once an all, what the hell does? These religions are so antiquated, they aren't serving humanity in any helpful way. How many more millions have to die in the name of some dead and long gone gods??? What the hell is wrong with some of you people? Put down your gods, and get to know one another...enjoy each other's foods, cultures, and stories...really, it's 2007, dump religion!

Dae

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Getting some perspective.

Here is Unity High School in Khartoum, Sudan.

This is the Primary school section where Mrs Gibbons worked.

And this is inside one the the classrooms where she worked in.

It also says on their website:

The School enjoys the highest reputation and admission is by competitive examination.
[snip]
The School is a non-profit making, charitable institution financed by school fees and donations.

EDIT to add link to school www.unityhighschool.org...

[edit on 1/12/07 by Dae]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
LMAO, Death to infidel Teddy bears and their western ways, may their eyes be infested with a thousand flys. Rise in the holy Jihad against the soft toy makers.

Why are they not shooting themselves. Surely they have loads of statues to their profit, all named after him.

I feel there is no hope for the kingdom of Islam, this just proves how backward they are. The civilised world should disown them, if they want to live in the dark ages then let them get on with it.

Im sorry for the strength of this post, but we in the western world are sick to death with Islams pathetic attidude towards itself and the world. They are like children in the play ground, must we always hold their hands and show them the way.

If Islam wants to be taken on more intellectual and serious level, then it needs to give its head a shake and wake up to the 21st century.

Mankind as a race needs to sort this issue out, its holding us back in the transition towards the unification point.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by ASYLUM100]

[edit on 1-12-2007 by ASYLUM100]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Her real danger will be deportation where she has to plane out with Muslim's. There is the danger anything cam happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by geemony

"DO YOU KNOW WHEREAK-47'S COME FROM?"

They are of Russian, Chinese, etc etc.. manufacture.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT THE US GOVERNMENT CANNOT BUY THEM AND SELL THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE?!?!?

We have supplied Iraqi security with 100,000's of AK 47's! The CIA has supplied foreign made weapons to every dictatorship in Africa! Who do you think sold them the AK's and FAL's when that oneAfrican Dictator nut bag was fighting Che in the Congo? Whether or not this particular woman will be shot with arms from the CIA is debatable, but do not blind yourself to the fact that for the last 30+ years the US has been the largest Arms dealer in the World.

As far as she goes? I happen to believe that a foreigner here in the USA should abide by our laws and also should be punished by our legal code if in fact they do break our Law. Don't you think we in the US or in the UK should hold people to our laws if they visit? If you disagree I urge you to please petition your government for a refund of the traffic ticket my Dad was issued in Manchester in 1984. Thanks!

Oh, and if you could send me that refund in the form of the British pound that would be awesome. The dollar sucks.

It does absolutely suck for her though. She should have made herself more aware of the kind of people she would be dealing with. Savages in every since. I myself will choose to stay the hell out of 3rd world countries and I will urge my Government to do the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This also brings to mind...

"Man will not be free until the last King is strangled to death by the entrails of the last Priest"

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why are you automatically assuming Islam is the problem, why not the people or the leaders. I'm a Muslim/African-Arab and ill be honest with you folks and make a series of vague statements. (A) most people in my part of the world are quite retarded". (B) I'm sure if we had decent economies, educational and health care systems that worked, lived in a nice pad with a 42 inch LCD screen playing COD4 against some guys from Manchester or Kentucky. We wouldn't be screaming "JIHAD" death to the infidel at every opportunity.

The sad truth is people are tired, hungry, ignorant, desolate and lead by corrupt leaders who blame the west for all their woes.

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships(extremists) are made." FDR

//end rant

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by baklawa
The sad truth is people are tired, hungry, ignorant, desolate and lead by corrupt leaders who blame the west for all their woes.

well then these people need to know who their real enemy is. their society and religion doesn't enable them to rise above uncivilized ways of thinking its as if they still bear the brain of a medieval man. btw, islam doesn't say shot the people who offend you.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by DuneKnight]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join