It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Seems that not as Muslims are in favor of shooting the teacher, imagine that.

www.abcnews.go.com...

I'm quite glad that at least mainstream Islam isn't accepting of such practices, it shows that at least only the small minority are lunatics.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's a sad indication of something else.

Poor woman was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

How does a stuffed animal offend anyone who isn't looking to be offended?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Seems that not as Muslims are in favor of shooting the teacher, imagine that. I'm quite glad that at least mainstream Islam isn't accepting of such practices, it shows that at least only the small minority are lunatics.

I agree so why cant they police thier radicals themselves? Seems to me the majority could take them out. Imagine that, a religion that polices its radical believers. And ease up, I know Christianity wasnt always warm and fuzzy. but if its the minority doing these things where are the counter protestors? I think the nice muslims are used to turning a blind eye to what some do in the name of thier religion. Way I see it anyway Take care.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
It's a sad indication of something else.
How does a stuffed animal offend anyone who isn't looking to be offended?

Exactly what they are doing. they are looking and waiting for any what they deem as an offence to Islam. Its a deception tactic, they cry victim at every wrong word or wrong observation of Islam by an outsider, and then they attempt to justify blowing up women in children, and beheadings, as punishment for speaking against Islam.

Pretty cowardly way to fight your enemies IMO.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
Exactly what they are doing. they are looking and waiting for any what they deem as an offence to Islam. Its a deception tactic, they cry victim at every wrong word or wrong observation of Islam by an outsider, and then they attempt to justify blowing up women in children, and beheadings, as punishment for speaking against Islam.

Pretty cowardly way to fight your enemies IMO.

And this is any different from members here that do the same AND have Google at their disposal to castigate a whole religion? I'd like to know why this is any different. "Pretty cowardly"? Well said.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

This is the spirit! We need to get more people and begin this viral teddy bear revolution! 4chan wont hold a candle to ATS!

Cobrraa, ahem, I mean Teddyyyy Bearrrrsss!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The muslims of Sudan have been ignored and allowed to commit atrocities for too long. It is time to clean house.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Perhaps this fellow could be convinced to make another video similar to the following with a little more symbolism... I love the loop and reminds me of the first time I was in a glider with my big sister. Mom and I have just dug out our driveway and more snow and ice on the way - we talked about the teacher in custody and Z Kazemi and Mom's perspective helped so I thought I'd share the following:

Would it not have been reasonable for those who felt offended to quietly take the lady aside and explain their concerns? Is she likely to have said, "No." to any reasonable request?

This did not need to be handled THIS way. I'm not allowed to distribute much of anything at school but I will write some aspects of this up for our Cross-Cultural studies class.

The video, which could be set to Skynryd's "Free-bird" or my choice, "Free-Bear":

Mira

Edit: Darn it all the link says it's no longer available! It was there just hours ago at this addy: www.youtube.com... I'll try and dig up another link the vid was awesome.

Edit 2: the second link works but not the embed sorry.

Mira

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's some revolutionary links:

www.cafepress.com...

www.teddybearmuhammad.com...

This is perfect.

www.youtube.com...

Now we just need more pics and videos! This will be the biggest meme since Leeroy Jenkins! We have to show the world how absurd the hate is and support Mrs. Gibbons!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow! Given a couple more days and a few more examples this could go LARGE. Thanks for those links Mike!
The one's that will donate to GG's future education efforts are to me, very worthwhile.

I think it sucks that she is being held at an undisclosed location. I hope Lord Achmed of the British Upper House has some luck helping her out of this jam. The first interviews with her "after" (fingers-crossed) her release should tell much of context.

Mira

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigJoeNYC

America tends to botch operations like that. Witness the attempted rescue in Iran during the Carter Administration and the fiasco in Mogadishu documented by the film "Blackhawk Down."

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I guess the rest of the world will have to wait while Sudanese Muslims creep into the nineteenth century; then the twentieth..I don't suppose they will ever get to the twenty first!!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

congrats i see someone is cashing in on this moment
i guess in private you are thanking the Mob as its bennifiting you in general

This is if this is your site and you are making money out of this

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Who cares if someone decided to cash in on it? That's capitalism for you!

Anyway I think the bears do a good job of showing how ridiculous the whole thing is, and may even help everyone to see it as such a joke that tensions will ultimately diminish...

or on the other hand we may have a bunch of Sudanese Muslim fundamentalists knocking at our doors demanding said teddys lol

you'd still have to laugh at their over-commitment to such a stupid little cause, even while you were being butchered!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Like I said.....

If they really want her dead, or anybody that touches her, move in British troops and show 'em!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Yeah i see where its going now, if they harm her then in go our troops.. so its just one more excuse for a 'false Christian based' country to go blow up some other Muslim country.

What I find ridiculous is that every other Muslim in that part of the world is called Mohammed or Muhammed!!! even 'Mohammed Muhammed!!!' (arrrgh) so whats the big deal with a toy? so its ok to name living people after the prophet? I guess if I name my dog or goldfish Mohammed Id get ripped apart by 2 horses!??

Besides, she was hardly going to call it some English name like DAVE!! lol..

This woman goes over to their country out of the goodness of GOD IN HER HEART to educate 'their kids' and this is what she gets, this is how they treat God.. this is what a bunch of idiots this group of people are, they may just aswel be blown up to remove the fools from the planet!!!

But you see Ive been made mad to think that way, i.e.. ''who cares anymore.. we cant win... just do it and shut up moaning cause Im sick of hearing it and waiting.. so go on!! blow up everybody and GET ON WITH NWO!?'' (aaaaarggghh) bstards. (no I dont want none of that!!)

Kids have more compassion and brains! and as for God.. he/she/it must a sense of humour!!? but they dont know JACK about God.

They think its part of some big plot against Islam......... and really it is!! not that this teacher has any idea of it!

PEACE......

Sek....

sorry -- edit to quote CAMELS.. not horses. lol

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by centurion1211

Come on! The story is so obviously FALSE! Islam is a religion of PEACE! They would NEVER EVER do what this article claims!!

Good satire!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And I better add...... I dont aim my other post at all Muslims and Islam.. just that group who agree to even the jail sentence, cause it is pathetic.

edit for crappy spelling.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

This is a smoke screen to obscure the other atrocities in the Sudan.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
And I better add...... I dont aim my other post at all Muslims and Islam.. just that group who agree to even the jail sentence, cause it is pathetic.

edit for crappy spelling.

Just as the Germans who did nothing to stop the Nazi's share in their guilt, the Muslims, who do nothing to stop the "extremists" also share in their guilt.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join