It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by baklawa

Its not that we dont feel for the people caught in the midle, but they have the choice to rise up and say enough is enough and ask for help. These people say they live in fear of death, dam I would rather die trying to help my family then to watch them suffer.

We all hold the power to change our own destiny and of those around us. Slavery was abolished my friend, why let them pimp your country to the highest bidder, take control, make a stand.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASYLUM100
Why are they not shooting themselves. Surely they have loads of statues to their profit, all named after him.

I doubt there are any statues of any profits in Islamic countries, same goes for drawings or any other depiction. It's a serious thing to depict a profit, just look at that mess over those Danish cartoons.

Interestingly Jesus is also a highly ranked profit in Islam - so by that reasoning calling a teddy Jesus should of had a similar result. Here is a wiki page on Islamic profits , It is interesting to see how many biblical names appear in that table - so be warned those who want to travel to those places!

On a side note, under Sharia law religious depictions of humans or animals is forbidden (but they are found in other areas of Islamic art) ~ this is the reason that Mosques are decorated in very impressive geometric designs - possibly a throw back to when Muslims where forerunners in mathematics.

This whole mess with the teacher is not her fault per say, she is caught up in politics and grudges that no one would hope to understand in the short time she was in that country - Had they sentenced her to lashes that would of been very very bad for that country and it's backwards interpretations of their religion.

Edit to add: I wonder how a Christian wearing a crucifix that depicted Jesus on the cross would be received in a county such as Sudan?

[edit on 1/12/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

You'd think that with all this teddy business there would be a position available in the vacancies section of the schools site

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Original quote from by Now_Then : I wonder how a Christian wearing a crucifix that depicted Jesus on the cross would be received in a county such as Sudan?

Christians are generally tolerated in Sudan, and inter-faith marriages do tend to happen, this whole hard line Islamic phenomena is relatively new to Sudan in fact its only been in place for the last 25 odd years. I can only smile when my dad talks about the good old days of going out for a round of sherries and beer with the boys, while I have to pay mucho deniro for black market stoly - $50 freakin dollars - now thats ridiculous!!!

Back to your post : in fact there are many beautiful churches in around Khartoum not to mention the ancient ones- least not forget that Sudan was home to many a Christian Kingdom, not to mention there is an active Coptic and souther sudanese community and the remains of the Italian/Greek/Armenian community which once thrived here. These people are left to their own devices as long as they dont get involved in politics

[edit on 1-12-2007 by baklawa]

[edit on 1-12-2007 by baklawa]

sty

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i will say it again - is it a sin for a 8 y.o. child to call the toy "Mahomed" but right for Mahomed to have a 8 y.o. child as a wife ??? com`on , what standard is this?

[edit on 1-12-2007 by sty]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
*Shakes head*

All this for naming a teddy bear Muhammad. Somethings go too far. We are DOOOOOMMMMED. I guess there's no use in trying to figure some people/religions out. No logic. Apparently, I just don't understand some other religions of the world.

But to want to kill another human being because you called a teddy bear Muhammad. Am I missing something here?
No wonder why the world is all *snip* up.

*EDIT* Went back and made sure I spelled Muhammad right so no one comes after me.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by baklawa
Why are you automatically assuming Islam is the problem, why not the people or the leaders. I'm a Muslim/African-Arab and ill be honest with you folks and make a series of vague statements. (A) most people in my part of the world are quite retarded". (B) I'm sure if we had decent economies, educational and health care systems that worked, lived in a nice pad with a 42 inch LCD screen playing COD4 against some guys from Manchester or Kentucky. We wouldn't be screaming "JIHAD" death to the infidel at every opportunity.

The sad truth is people are tired, hungry, ignorant, desolate and lead by corrupt leaders who blame the west for all their woes.

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships(extremists) are made." FDR

//end rant

Hi baklawa, I appreciate the discussion from one who would know more than anyone here how it really is over there. I don’t blame Islam at all I blame like you said those who are the leaders for those Muslim communities in the different countries abroad. I have Muslims who work for me and they are the best out there. Great people and they say the same thing and I agree. The conditions most Muslims live in over in the region are not that great right. The pay for their work is substandard and it’s just from what I see a very tough environment to live in. There told from day one what to think, how to dress, what to eat, and who to hate.

That’s why I am so hoping for success in Iraq and Afghanistan. That what the US is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan will have a happy ending in the end. Now I 100% agree that people’s attitudes, feelings, and thoughts about everything are products of the environment they live in. I really feel if the people are shown that freedom to choose and live how they want to live, can work great with in the teachings of Islam that they will become stronger as a nation. If the people start to get paid a decent wage for their work, have better infrastructure and better working and playing conditions etc. the hate and distaste for the evil West may start to wane. I don’t know of course I just think a lot about it and try and understand why it’s the way it is you know.

Take care

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's quite obvious that these people punish this poor woman because she's British, and that it has nothing to do with the teddy bear being named "Muhammad."

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I guess I am an evil ole biddie,

but I LOVE IT !

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

by Mira...
How many teddies will fit in a Hercules?

Muhuhuhahahamad... That's classic! As in C-130 Hercules? An air drop of 3 million teddy bears all named Muhuhuhuhamad over the Sudan (and Iran, et al).

What a brilliant idea! Somebody ring up the BeaanieBaby folks and see what a campaign like this might run. Hit them back with their own absurdity! Count me in...

Would that we could.

[edit on 043131p://bSaturday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Count me in.

sty

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
any bank account for donations?

[edit on 1-12-2007 by sty]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bovarcher

Wahabists know the western media and its sheep-like ways very well. A non-incident is created specifically as an opportunity to promote the anti-western agenda, to force Moslems to confront the issue & take sides. Manufacture a story, get a few people out on the streets shouting & threatening death to anyone 'insulting Islam' & the western MSM will be out in force, like the unthinking sheep they are, filming and broadcasting it.

Magnificent post, but this ploy is a double edged sword that can just as easily backfire on them.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by baklawa

Back to this whole teddy business - this whole incident is truly ridiculous- all this fuss over a name - which bears no meaning religiously - after all he was only a man who happened to be a prophet.

OH, I didn't think of that, that is absolutely true baklaw, naming it Allah would have made it idoltry, yes?

Not that it matters, but good point.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by baklawa

The sad truth is people are tired, hungry, ignorant, desolate and lead by corrupt leaders who blame the west for all their woes.

I understand that baklala, as I have said on another thread, it is s toxic combination, when religious fervor is added.

For the life of me I don't see a solution coming anytime in the near future.

[edit on 043131p://bSaturday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
just a thought. I was thinking of capitalizing on this by make a teddy bear with "Death to Infidels" on it. Also another that would say, "WWMD" (what would mahommad do). I would name them, moammad, and esus. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Watch this video - listen to the music "When the truth is found to be lies" - replace the babies with Vermont Teddies and go "viral"?

Mira

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I believe the Teddy Bear in question has been beheaded,
I am awaiting confirmation and the link to this.
Do not call anything Moo HAM Head

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Mira_of_lurk0more - I now have a new signature, you have replaced Einstein!! for now.

Hope this helps:

I called a teddy all the names of profits I could find (during a cursory search of wiki) - please don't lash me.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Now then, Now_Then what's next? A music video needs a singer? How about a mash-up by an original? Rachid Taha - Rock El Casbah seems pretty "unique" and a true talent. Quite likely do a fine job. Refrigerator Perry, McMahon and Ditka as presenters and background vocals - do some multi-lingual stuff... need a director and some graphics folks. Spike Lee, no - Sidney Lumet.

Mine and my girlfriend's bears (Mo' and Ramona) should be here soon-ish via UPS, I'll post some pics. I was reading that the UK has dispatched Lord Achmed to the Sudan to see what can be done diplomatically to extract the school instructor from her new and undisclosed "secure" location.

Mira

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join