It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The reason these people are "pissed" is because Teddy Bears are supposedly cute, adorable, innocent, etc; things that are adamantly oppose to their beliefs.

This link talks of possible Teddy Bear bombs that a suspected Middle Eastern man may manufacture.

Here's one that talks of an explosive lab found in the West Bank that had Teddy Bears with wires hanging from them. It's assumed that these bears bears were slated to become IED's.

Here's a snippet from Spain.

If any of these Teddy Bears bombs had made it to their destinations and killed and maimed innocent children, the Muslim society would have "praised Allah" for their success and would have no qualms about these bears being named Mohammed.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
reply to planetfall.

Islam is not blind faith. Allah created us so he knows best on how we should behave and live.

i love those two sentences together. i'm a sucker for ironic juxtaposition.

sorry, i couldnt help it...

oh, i understand entirely, it is clearly spelled out in the koran...

if humans were permitted to find out how to live for themselves, imagine the chaos!

why, we might end up with something closely resembling western civilization, with its technological advancements and high ideals and personal freedoms...

boy would that suck, hmmm?

who knows, we may even be crazy enough to figure out how to kick the oil habit entirely... heavens forbid!

if only we would concentrate our time on multiple daily prayers we wouldnt have the time to get into such mischeif...

its that gosh, darn shaitains fault, i'm thinking.

i've always wondered, we know what is brutal and bad about islam, but what is funny in islam?

what makes you all laugh?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
The reason these people are "pissed" is because Teddy Bears are supposedly cute, adorable, innocent, etc; things that are adamantly oppose to their beliefs.

This link talks of possible Teddy Bear bombs that a suspected Middle Eastern man may manufacture.

Here's one that talks of an explosive lab found in the West Bank that had Teddy Bears with wires hanging from them. It's assumed that these bears bears were slated to become IED's.

Here's a snippet from Spain.

If any of these Teddy Bears bombs had made it to their destinations and killed and maimed innocent children, the Muslim society would have "praised Allah" for their success and would have no qualms about these bears being named Mohammed.

of course, it would be allahs will

now, would those infidels have had the chance to convert before being killed?

some would argue that they are aware of islam and had their chance

i would argue that they were aware of islam, which is the reason they did not convert

gotta get 'em when they're young, you know?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

Well, the whole 72 virgin thing, after about 3 days, none of them would be virgins anymore and would be all worn out. Would I get a fresh supply?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Actually, if this were a true Chrisitan theocracy as you say, gays would be loved and the sin of homosexuality dealt with the same as adultery, theft, murder...etc (and I'm talking New Testament forgiveness here not eye for an eye stuff). Yes, I said sin and I know I'll get flamed for that but that's what it's called if you are a Christian. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Women would be cherished (check out Proverbs 31:10-31) treated with nothing but respect as Christ loved the church, men would be better men because they would take responsibility and fashion their lives and will after Christ and knowledge would be perfect because it would be directed by the love of God. Any grand proof against this is only proof of the weaknesses of man and the influence of Satan not proof of the failure of Christianity. ...and btw I don't believe the Muslims are too fond or tolerant of homosexuality either.....and their punishments are far worse.

Don't base your ideas of Christianity on half-Christians you may know or churches that are at times dead. If you're going to have an opinion at all take time with the Bible and get to really know and understand that which you oppose.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sharia law:
We have sharia law because it maintains a perfect society.
I just wonder why you people dont want to have a peacefull life and a perfect society where theres no crime or unsocial activites?
Sharia law has harsh punishments because it stops people from commiting crimes by creating the fear of painfull punishment they will have to face if they commit any crime.
No one will ever steal if they know thier hands will be chopped off if they get caught.No one will ever have sexual relationships before marraige because they will get whipped or stoned to death.If you have sexual relationships it leads to further wrong things.Kids being born without dads around.Kids not knowing who the real dad is and they disrespect their step dads and never learn the way of how to live in a perfect family.No respect for women as they are just viewed as sexual objects for men to please thier desires.
Drinking or using drugs is not allowed because after using them your are senseless,you dont know what your doing which leads you to commit a crime eg.rape or geting raped.
The punishment for gay or lesb is taking them to the top of mountain and drop them from there.Gay or lesb are unaccpetable relationships because God didnt create Adam and Steve,he created Adam and eve.So you only have relationships with the opposite sex.
Theres more aswel but these are just a few things that are common in Western socities that i have discussed.
We have Sharia law to keep societies clean.maintain a perfect family and relationships.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Well, the whole 72 virgin thing, after about 3 days, none of them would be virgins anymore and would be all worn out. Would I get a fresh supply?

pssst... i was asking our very nice muslim guest....

but since you brought it up, where do all those virgins come from?

are they the girls who have been 'honor killed', chopped up by their fathers axe?

and thats their reward? to be some monobrowed bombers biatch?

allah be praised, indeed!

none of this sounds made up to manipulate the gullible
( by which i mean children born into this culture and growing up with it )

right?

and the 80,000 servants?

whos heaven is this, anyway?

Virgins? What virgins?

Modern apologists of Islam try to downplay the evident materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, but, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam says, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash'ari (died 935 CE) have "admitted sensual pleasures into paradise". The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died 1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas."

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I see that those level headed, Allah loving Sudanese are calling for the teacher's execution.

But hey, at least they are not those crazy Christians, right? No telling what they'd do! Probably talk to her but then that's pushing their views.

Yep! I think execution is the best remedy here.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No one will ever steal if they know thier hands will be chopped off if they get caught.No one will ever have sexual relationships before marraige because they will get whipped or stoned to death.

Then WHY do people STILL do those things, even in your perfect society? You are saying "no one will ever", but they do, and the cruel, unbalanced punishments are implemented often. So Sharia law means NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to 27jd
You get pure virgins in heaven and yes they pure each them you touch them again.They are virgins forever.its said that if one of those heavenly women only show thier glance in this world,JUST A GLANCE,than every man will go crazy just by looking at her beauty.When entering heaven when you see your heavenly virgins you will bow to them thinking that they are god himself because of soo much blessed light and beauty around them.But than Allah will say to you oh my followers get up this is just your heavenly virgin wifes smile and you guys are bowing down to it?Than you can just imagine her beauty matey!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

pssst... i was asking our very nice muslim guest....

but since you brought it up, where do all those virgins come from?

Sorry, thought it was a general question, lol.

Anyway, I thought the whole virgin thing was mistranslated and really meant grapes. That would suck huh? Get to heaven all ready for some hot devirginizing, and get a bowl of 72 grapes. What a gip...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Wow. That would be nice, to have to deal with the emotional and physical difficulties that come with sex for the first time, EVERYTIME? I'm there man...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sharia law has harsh punishments because it stops people from commiting crimes by creating the fear of painfull punishment they will have to face if they commit any crime.

Considering the on-going meting out of floggings, beatings, amputations, stonings, and all round maimings, not to mention the beheadings and the hangings...it does not seem to me to be a proven success. However, I am glad to agree with you that it certainly is barbaric...if not successfully deterring!

Peace will come to society when it rids itself of fundamentalism. Currently, it wears religious clothing, and because of this mask, society is unable to extricate it. But even as we debate the issue, it is making very grave errors.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

its said that if one of those heavenly women only show thier glance in this world,JUST A GLANCE,than every man will go crazy just by looking at her beauty.

Dang thats what they all say about me! Amazing!

LOL

So, its all about sex then? Typical creation of man.
LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sharia law:
We have sharia law because it maintains a perfect society.
I just wonder why you people dont want to have a peacefull life and a perfect society where theres no crime or unsocial activites?

Show me a Muslim country under Sharia law where there is a perfect society.

Sharia law has harsh punishments because it stops people from committing crimes by creating the fear of painful punishment they will have to face if they commit any crime.

If this is true, please show me a muslim country that exists without the need for jails & prisons. Who are these poor souls on the videos getting the hands chopped off, or beheaded, or beaten by some masked thug. Who is turning a blind eye to the genocide in Sudan.

No one will ever steal if they know thier hands will be chopped off if they get caught.No one will ever have sexual relationships before marraige because they will get whipped or stoned to death.If you have sexual relationships it leads to further wrong things.

At least be intellectually honest enough to admit that Sharia law has failed to bring order & peace.
Your prophet and powerless god are incapable of providing even the basic necessities for so many "believers".

What good is Sharia law if one can be charged and prosecuted without a fair trial?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
greeneyedleo
Theres loads and loads more in heaven but i cant state them now because i gtg.But i can tell you more tomorrow if u wana know more about heaven according to islam.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
So, its all about sex then? Typical creation of man.
LOL

You KNOW IT!!!

But like I said, first time sex is hardly ever great sex...there's a flaw in heaven.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I see that those level headed, Allah loving Sudanese are calling for the teacher's execution.

But hey, at least they are not those crazy Christians, right? No telling what they'd do! Probably talk to her but then that's pushing their views.

Yep! I think execution is the best remedy here.

Really?

Ha ha ha, I told you that woman should have kept that crap in Britain. Now she'll be stoned or decapped. Keep playing with the Muslims, thinking your western country makes you invincible. Better learn from those terrorist attacks...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Pele Pele
Ha ha ha, I told you that woman should have kept that crap in Britain. Now she'll be stoned or decapped. Keep playing with the Muslims, thinking your western country makes you invincible. Better learn from those terrorist attacks...

Dude, what hole did you crawl out of? I'm thinking you're IN a western country, and just came here to be a smartarse, correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A society with blind fear and not forgiving enough to allow human error and growth...

Sounds more like hell ....tell you what springs to mind ..now I am not a trekky...no way....but the Borg one I watched...striking simularities...

From what I have read of your posts Kanja...you already have the dangerous mindset...you accept atrocities ..beheadings stonings and dropping homosexuals of cliffs ...these are descriptions that feeling people find replulsive ...yet it seems ...you have no ...compassion!! It just seems ... the mindset is well thats the will of Allah!!

It wasn't god with thunder and lightning that took a human beings life...it was one man !! who told him to do that!! one man!!

Its very silly !!

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join