It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 38
14
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
reply grenade
Islam started since Adam and Eve stepped on earth and they were muslims aswel.So no it didnt start after Prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) came.Hes the last prophet till the day of judgement.
So according to Islam if anyone whos not a Muslim will go to hell after death because he/she didnt accept Islam the TRUTH.


thats what i've been telling them all along, and they think i'm spreading hate.

it is true muslims want peace, that it is a religion of peace, as long as we are all muslim, correct?

if the west wants peace, we have to accept muslim rule, i understand.

but how to rectify this with the muslims on muslim lack of peace... i'm sure you've heard of it, havent you?

sectarian violence?

now, they're all muslims, what do you suppose accounts for all the killing?




posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57
 


Indulge me please :

Are you familiar with Tarzan?

If i was raised by some monkies in the jungle who had lost thier Koran's and i died without ever seeing another human being, where would my soul go? Or are we all born with the Koran carved deep in our minds? Funny, havent seen many babies quoting from it. I'm not trying to ridicule you but this so called religion seems more on the side of ridiculous than barbaric now.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
I got a question.....

so, muslims follow quran, right? Then....is there anything that states to murder people in it?

If so, mann, now that one is a scary religion!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by TheoOne]


i've been posting direct quotes from the koran and hadith all along, cant you be bothered to keep up or at least review the discussion?

allah sanctions and rewards the conversion or killing of the enemy, infidels.

are you ready to convert?



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
reply TheOne
No the Quran doesnt state murder people for no reason.If you murder someone than according to the sharia law your head will be chopped in front of the public for murdering someone else.


So with a just reason you can murder someone?
Can you give me an example of when it would be acceptable to commit murder?

Thanks for your posts, they've been very enlightening.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by kangjia57

As muslims we cant have freinds that are not muslims.


That's not true. If you read my posts, I was a good friend with a Muslim(quite religious) in Grade 12. He even attended my wedding the following year.





Even though they are explicitly kufr (unbelievers, Sura 5:17, Sura 4:44-59) Jews and Christians are given special status in Islam. So, if Muhammad warned believers against taking them as friends, then it surely is not permissible for Muslims to befriend atheists or those of other religions.

Some Muslims interpret this to mean that they should not even act friendly toward nonbelievers. (Most, fortunately, do not).

Some Muslims are embarrassed by verse 5:51 and have gone to elaborate lengths to modify its intent by interpreting the word 'friend' as "guardian" or "protector" - which are just two of several legitimate translations of the Arabic word. According to these apologists, the verse is referring to a Muslim's allegiance to a non-Muslim government (which is not all that comforting either).

Others point to (Sura 60:8-9) which says that Allah doesn't necessarily forbid showing kindness to unbelievers, but to shun the ones "who warred against you on account of religion and have driven you out from your homes and helped to drive you out." This is a definite reference to the Meccans, whose leaders expelled Muhammad and his handful of followers from Mecca. The verse was given shortly after their arrival in Medina, when is was necessary for the Muslims to build alliances with non-Muslims in order to survive. The verses quoted above from Suras 9 and 5 are given much later, when Muslims had power, and they expand the scope of unfriendliness to include those who are not Muslim.

Modern apologists such as Jamal Badawi try to cloud the straightforward interpretation of verse 5:51 by pointing out that Muslims are allowed to take non-Muslims as marriage partners, thus implying friendship.

But, in fact, only Muslim men are allowed to marry outside the faith. The women they marry relinquish control over their own lives, even to the extent that they cannot raise their own children in their own faith. All children must be raised Muslim. The non-Muslim woman also agrees to a lifetime of sexual servitude, and may be beaten if she does not submit.

This certainly doesn't sound like friendship to the rest of us. If your local Muslim cheerleader tries to pretend otherwise, then simply ask if a non-Muslim man may enter into this sort of "friendship" with a Muslim woman... then sit back and enjoy watching the backpedaling.

On the whole, Islam is very clear in teaching that there is no equality between believers and unbelievers, and hence no basis for a relationship of peers. Those who do not profess Muhammad are intended to exist in subjugation to those who do, then spend eternity in Hell. This does not preclude Muslims from acting friendly toward others, of course, but this does not constitute friendship as it is generally understood in the modern world.


www.thereligionofpeace.com...



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to planetfall
You seem to have quite alot of knowledge about Islam.But i am sure you have found positive things aswell in Islam other than what the laws and the rules are.So what do you actually think about the religion Islam?



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemicalbrother
 


Farting in a mosque.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

Originally posted by TheoOne
I got a question.....

so, muslims follow quran, right? Then....is there anything that states to murder people in it?

If so, mann, now that one is a scary religion!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by TheoOne]


i've been posting direct quotes from the koran and hadith all along, cant you be bothered to keep up or at least review the discussion?

allah sanctions and rewards the conversion or killing of the enemy, infidels.

are you ready to convert?
Hmmm i for one will not be coverting to islam , i for one belive that religion is the number one killer in the world , all the wars over it all the hate over it , i feal if there is a god he will bless me for not what i belive but for what i do , if i am a good soul who brings no pain to anyone then im good to go ..



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne
 



Question

What is the goal of man? to spiritualy evolve or evolve techincally...how can human spiritualy evolve...in a dogmatic religion!!?

most of the faiths I know do allow some amount of questioning......and the questioning and looking bring us nearer to something deeper...its not blind faith..

I feel for this poor woman ...she tried to make a difference and failed in their culture...

People I think should be very concerned about this mentality...because in the uk its on our door steps...

We have seen an erosion of our rights...if this mentality gets a good foothold...then you can kiss most of your rights goodbye...

And for the females...there should be real concern...


But regards the uk and that fact that should things go so far with some of the people in the Muslim community and imposing their will...most of the communities I know are surrounded!

Basically I just want to live my life in peace I don't give a monkies what colour or creed or how wierd someone is ...I just want to be who I am and live with some freedom of thought...

I just can't get my head round the fact that someone want's to kill someone ...just because they are unbelievers ....

Its very very silly I think!!

And the veiled threat of there are more of us is disturbing !!I think !!



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to grenade
The problem is its hard to explain Islam on small replies such like this.If you really want to know about it you should go to the local mosque around your area and tlak to the imam and than he can explain you in detials and the answers that you are looking for.No and dont worry they wont kill you stone you or anything.As muslim its our duty to tell the non-belivers about our religion(Islam).



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chemicalbrother

Originally posted by kangjia57
reply TheOne
No the Quran doesnt state murder people for no reason.If you murder someone than according to the sharia law your head will be chopped in front of the public for murdering someone else.


So with a just reason you can murder someone?
Can you give me an example of when it would be acceptable to commit murder?

Thanks for your posts, they've been very enlightening.


its called honor killing, look it up.

bring even perceived dishonor to the family is one example. you can be axed to death, by your own father. dont think this happens these days?

i posted an article where it happened just this week. sharia law permits this.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall
i've been posting direct quotes from the koran and hadith all along, cant you be bothered to keep up or at least review the discussion?


Dude, chill, lol. This thread has grown quite fast, not everybody has the time to review the discussion.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grenade
reply to post by Chemicalbrother
 


Farting in a mosque.



allah, disagrees with you, as per his words recorded by the prophet.

your opinion about how the universe should be conducted has zero impact on allah. it is his will that matters and absolutley nothing else.

hard to believe hmm?

what if muslims got it right? wouldnt that be a kick in the pants?



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by TheoOne
 



Question

What is the goal of man? to spiritualy evolve or evolve techincally...how can human spiritualy evolve...in a dogmatic religion!!?

most of the faiths I know do allow some amount of questioning......and the questioning and looking bring us nearer to something deeper...its not blind faith..

I feel for this poor woman ...she tried to make a difference and failed in their culture...

People I think should be very concerned about this mentality...because in the uk its on our door steps...

We have seen an erosion of our rights...if this mentality gets a good foothold...then you can kiss most of your rights goodbye...

And for the females...there should be real concern...


But regards the uk and that fact that should things go so far with some of the people in the Muslim community and imposing their will...most of the communities I know are surrounded!

Basically I just want to live my life in peace I don't give a monkies what colour or creed or how wierd someone is ...I just want to be who I am and live with some freedom of thought...

I just can't get my head round the fact that someone want's to kill someone ...just because they are unbelievers ....

Its very very silly I think!!

And the veiled threat of there are more of us is disturbing !!I think !!


My sentiments exactly. The promise of 72 virgins is tempting, but to devote my entire life to a religion with a basic principle of command and conquer. I think not. Lets get along in life, live in peace, accept all others as our friends and then when our bodies decay and die we can fertilise some soil and be recycled.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to planetfall
No honour killings are wrong and an individual cant kill someone like that if the ashamed thier family or commited a big sin.Its the culture that makes people to that.

You can only punish individuals for the big sins they have commited in a place where there is Sharia law.And the sharia law court decides the punishment for the individual for what he has done eg.murder,rape,steal and than according to sharia law he will be punished in front of the public.

Dont mix culture with religion.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just a quick comment, on something I've noticed.

A certain website address keeps popping up, and theres an awful lot of quotes coming from it.

Its almost like its being advertised or used as a poster child for some kind of campaign or something. Its been referred to at least 10/12 times now by the same poster.

OK so it may be a favourite site, fair enough, but its not a news site, its a views site and theres making a point and theres ramming it as hard as you can in someones face.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by kangjia57

As muslims we cant have freinds that are not muslims.


That's not true. If you read my posts, I was a good friend with a Muslim(quite religious) in Grade 12. He even attended my wedding the following year.


I noticed kangjia that you missed my post, thought I'd just bring it back. Your thoughts?



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore
 


What is your view on this comment by kangjia57...


After this you will say OMG OMG muslims are extremist Britain should watch out.Watch out for what mate?Will the British change our religious ideas?NO.Will the British change our religion?NO.Will the British kick us out?NO.Than what will the British do?Nothing matey.You saying Britain should watch out wont make a difference.You wana know why?Because there too many of us matey



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to grenade
No in our religion we follow the rules and the laws in the place we live in.That means me as a muslim i live in UK and i should folow the laws and rules of this country.Now that theres no sharia law here,so we keep ourselves at a spiritual level and follow our religion in the best of manner without disturbing the non-muslim population in anyway because as muslim we are meant to respect the rights of other people MUSLIM OR NOT MUSLIM.



posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

Originally posted by Grenade
reply to post by Chemicalbrother
 


Farting in a mosque.



allah, disagrees with you, as per his words recorded by the prophet.

your opinion about how the universe should be conducted has zero impact on allah. it is his will that matters and absolutley nothing else.

hard to believe hmm?

what if muslims got it right? wouldnt that be a kick in the pants?


If... and thats a big if... muslims got it right then id rather spend an eternity in hell than be with Allah. At least i can live my life with some independance and not be a controlled minion of the lord. I make some bad jokes, tell some white lies, smoke some herb and get drunk from time to time. SO if thats Allah's interpretation of evil then hell cant be that bad. Hell is probably a strip club


I also do a lot of good in the community. Its that or stone raped women to death and watch beheadings to warn me of the danger's of offending Allah. You can take my head but you'll never take my .... FREEDOM.




top topics



 
14
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

log in

join