It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 56
<< 53  54  55   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Retard as defined by the dictionary is; a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way.

I would say someone who thinks that a population of over 1Billion people are backwards oafs, suffers from some form of retardation.

Maybe you are actually really smart, but I just doubt it by the comments you making. To be honest, anyone who can judge a culture that they have yet to provide evidence they have directly expierenced (living there), has yet to proove they can speak Arabic and thus understand the Qur'an directly, but still decides to judge those people. Yeah, you would fit the definition pretty well.

Dislike it? Tough luck. Maybe you should bother to wise up a little and cut out all the crap that you post?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Odium

Think you need to step off your wee pedestal, you are getting delusions of grandeur and appear to need your afternoon chocolate to give you a boost

I said

"The followers of Islam waffle about being a "religion of peace" and many of these same people then go on to defend, understand or support acts of violence over things such as cartoons and teddy bears

Insecure backward oafs"

KEY WORD, being "many", so that is the numerous Muslims (be they substantial minority or majority) who defend, understand or support acts of violence over cartoons and teddy bears.

As most British muslims do not understand Arabic, I think your point has as much validity as a monkey flinging faeces

With reference to your last line, dear Lord, what pretentiousness, I don't come on here to read things I "like", but I take pleasure in dismissing dhimmis, think you are a prize dhimi yourself, de ye like that! (wee bit of a local lingo for ya)

[edit on 6-12-2007 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Every single Muslim will say Islam is a religion of peace.

The term many as defined by the dictionary is; "The majority of the people; the masses".
Thus a religion of 1billion, the masses must be over 500 million.

Anyone who insults 500 million people with absolutely no understanding of them? Well that says more then enough about you.

Try and get out of what you said all you like. The fact is, you are a bigot. You clearly think the majority of a religious group are "backward oafs" without any ability to define this or defend it.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Every single Muslim will say Islam is a religion of peace.
[/QUOTE]

yep, even Bin Laden and those chaps who kindly butchered 50+ people on London's transport system

[QUOTE]
The term many as defined by the dictionary is; "The majority of the people; the masses".

Anyone who insults 500 million people with absolutely no understanding of them? Well that says more then enough about you.
[/QUOTE]

Here are dictionary definitions

"man·y /ˈmɛni/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[men-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, more, most, noun, pronoun
–adjective 1. constituting or forming a large number; numerous: many people.
2. noting each one of a large number (usually fol. by a or an): For many a day it rained. "

It does not have to be a majority, mind you it would hardly be surprising if it was the majority given the reaction by Islamic countries and Islamic groups within the west- you are a debate supressor who is living in fear and is not prepared to deal with truth

[QUOTE]Try and get out of what you said all you like. The fact is, you are a bigot. You clearly think the majority of a religious group are "backward oafs" without any ability to define this or defend it.

I can defend it on so many levels, the Islamic countries protesting the cartoons, the Islamic organisations protesting the cartoons ("defending, understanding or supporting") which is perfectly consistent with "many"- you have been exposed as a dhimmi and being called a "bigot" by a dhimmi is a compliment- thank you sir

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Sparky63

Actually the term:
Backward Oaf by definition is one of mental comment and not moral comment. Your argument would have stood up if not for the fact he used the term oaf after backward. :-)

I think you must have misunderstod my post.
Whether or not people are educated or not does not matter. Getting involed in violent protest or riots... is both a mental and moral matter.

Most of the Muslims I employ are engineers with masters degrees. They are very well educated people. I also believe some to be of high moral character and some...not so much.

The point is that higher education, in my opinion, has no bearing on the matter. I was not making an argument. merely an observation.
Keep posting my friend...I although your views on child sex is rather bizarre to me, I find your posts, for the most part, well written and interesting.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Backward Oaf by definition is one of mental comment and not moral comment. Your argument would have stood up if not for the fact he used the term oaf after backward. :-)

You sure are fond of displaying your knowledge of what words mean by definition, huh? "By definition", oaf can also mean clumsy. And they do seem pretty oafish to me, lumbering around like crazed zombies in a mosh pit, waving their machetes around and chanting like howler monkeys. So, by definition, oaf fits right in....what was the definition of retard again?

Oh yeah, and you completely ignored my question to you earlier, prolly cuz I nailed ya. I'll ask again, you defended sex with a 9 year old by saying we can't apply OUR modern laws and morals when judging those from the ancient past. You pretty much made it clear you felt that was ludicrous. Why is it then okay for many to use laws and morals from the ancient past to judge people today?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

That is not quite accurate. For "many" to fit your definition it would have the have " The" in front of it. As in "The many".
In this form it is used as a pronoun.

4. the many, the greater part of humankind.
–pronoun
(used with a pl. verb)

The majority of the people; the masses: "The many fail, the one succeeds" (Tennyson).

dictionary.reference.com...

I know you stated that you don't use google for research, but it can be very helpful.

I hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i didnt read the entire tread so i wont apologise ...

-here is my opinion : the simple fact of lashing ppl is actualy retarded

-the fact of whanting to kill/lash sombody for naming a toy is simply ridicoulous (if sombody can translate this in theire native language that be nice for them to understand)

-she is a foreigner she should be extradiated if need be
-i have absolutly nothing against any religion (even satanism if you ask)
i beleive in a God thats all i need
Muhamad is no god & so is mohamed & jesus & a whole other bunch of saints your devotion should NEVER EVER be towards MAN OR WHOMAN
simple as that

jesus never said not even once to worship HIM ! RTFB (read the f**king BOOK! )

canada is a nice contry we like ppl thats how a contry should be !
not full of crooks & madman that trows stones & lashes other ppl come on
where in 2007 (almost 2008) for criying out loud
!!

EDIT : fighting is just as ridicoulous for you ppl that say we should just bash on other ppl ...

[edit on 12-12-2007 by romeoneverdies]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by romeoneverdies

-she is a foreigner she should be extradiated if need be

Just so you are up to date:

Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir pardoned her after talks with two British Muslim peers. This was on back on 12-3-07 I believe.
She is now back on British soil and harbors no animosity toward the Muslims or Islam.

I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from her quiet dignity & composure through this whole fiasco.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Just so you are up to date:

Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir pardoned her after talks with two British Muslim peers. This was on back on 12-3-07 I believe.
She is now back on British soil and harbors no animosity toward the Muslims or Islam.

I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from her quiet dignity & composure through this whole fiasco.

have a quick read back through the posts- I predicted that she seemed the type of liberal, going through a midlife crisis, who would come off with "no ill will" stuff that she has.

Now that is fine and dandy, and in a Christian sense, it is quite the Jesus way, however, in earthly terms, the people in Sudan will learn nothing from some such abject dhimmi behaviour and she should be warning people not to travel to such hell holes which employ barbaric sharia law.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Now that is fine and dandy, and in a Christian sense, it is quite the Jesus way, however, in earthly terms, the people in Sudan will learn nothing from some such abject dhimmi behaviour and she should be warning people not to travel to such hell holes which employ barbaric sharia law.

The bottom line is that she was released due to political pressure.
The clerics & Imams in Sudan have probably only learned that they need to increase their control of the government so that their sharia justice is not subverted for political expediancy.

One British citizen walks away....but thousands or millions will continue to bear the harsh Sharia Law and its brutal justice on a daily basis.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Sparky63]

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by romeoneverdies
i didnt read the entire tread so i wont apologise ...

-here is my opinion : the simple fact of lashing ppl is actualy retarded
[edit on 12-12-2007 by romeoneverdies]

Actually, lashing people is friggin hilarious. LOL! The fact that it's behind a teddy bear makes itn funnier.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i call Fatima Britney spears and i call bush Muhammad

now whos gonna lash me ah who heh duuh what a stupid thing of that country sorry but those are middle age practices.

boo for them

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hmmm Well it is interesting to note that the Saudi's still execute women for witchcraft...

Religious Police?
How absolutely MEDIEVAL

Death sentence for Saudi 'witch' 1:40
A Saudi woman faces death by decapitation, accused by Saudi religious police of being a witch. CNN's Zain Verjee reports.

CNN NEWS VIDEO

If you care about it there is a current petition to save her...

February 21, 2008
HRH King Abdullah bin Abd al-'Aziz Al Saud
Royal Court
Riyadh 11111
Saudi Arabia

Your Royal Highness,

Al-hamdu lillahi rabbi-il 'alamin
All praise is due to God alone, the Sustainer of all the worlds.

We are citizens of many countries appealing to you on behalf of Fawza Falih Mumammad Ali who has been sentenced to death by beheading for the alleged crimes of “witchcraft, recourse to jinn, and slaughter” of animals. The conviction of Fawza Falih for “witchcraft” is a travesty of justice.

Your Highness, we appeal to your devotion to Allah as the greatest judge of all. In the seventh chapter of the Qur'an it is God who tells us “My mercy encompasses all,” a mercy which bestows profound peace and infinite love. Is it not the principle of divine compassion that rules the heart in Islam?

Surely it is the wisdom of God who is, as so many of the verses of the Qur'an teach, much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace, which must inspire mercy for Fawza Falih, and it is you who embodies that compassion in this realm where the least of humanity most needs your protection.

In the name of God, please, halt the execution of Fawza Falih immediately and release her from the Quraiyat Prison.

Thank you.

Rev. P. W. Curott, J.D., Assembly of World Religious Leaders
Mike Mohamed Ghouse, President, World Muslim Congress
Rabbi Michael Lerner, Editor of Tikkun Magazine, Chair of the Network of Spiritual Progressives
Gregory Gomez, Apache, Spiritual Leader
Sheila Musaji, Editor, The American Muslim
Ellen Evert Hopman M.Ed. Author
Elliott Dlin, Executive Director, Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education & Tolerance
Dr. Sushil Jain, President, Jain Society of Metro Washington & Secretary, Federation of Jain Associations in North America.
Ervad Ratansha Vakil - Zoroastrian Priest - Dallas, Texas, USA
Ashok Aklujkar, Hindu Community, Professor Emeritus, Vancouver, Canada
Rev. Dr. Rita Nakashima Brock, Director, Faith Voices for the Common Good, Visiting Scholar, Starr King School for the Ministry
Rev. Dr. Todd A. Collier, Presbyterian Minister
Rev. Dr. Kevin D. Huddleston, Episcopal Priest
Rev. Darrell E. Berger, Unitarian Universalist
Noor-ul Amin Ali Son of Jaffer Ali, Pakistan Karachi, Shia Ismaili Muslim
Naresh R. Shah, Jain Community, Nitro, WV 25143
Rev. S. M. Fox, President, Greater Madison Interreligious Association, Assembly of World Religious Leaders
Marylou Ghyst, Unity Church, Texas

And

Sincerely,

www.petitiononline.com...

So if your telling me they don't have Barbaric customs over there...

Well just remember where they get all their money from the next time you stop at the Gas Pumps

[edit on 13-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That was a grossly off-topic post, Zorgon. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't say grossly off topic. Not directly related to the thread, but indirectly...dealing with middle eastern culture wich is consistent with the OP.

Carry on.

K1

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I wouldn't say grossly off topic. Not directly related to the thread, but indirectly...dealing with middle eastern culture wich is consistent with the OP.

Carry on.

K1

Its seems to be more related to Islamic Law or the more radical interpretation of it.

Im sure there are examples in early Christianity, of such barbaric practices, also there are places in Asia that still use caning as a way of administering justice.

Overall just shows how culture and religion really keep us separated, and gives us a Us vs. Them mentality or Civilized vs. Uncivilized view points.

This is also a good example of why I wish to see Christian beliefs and groups out of our politics and government.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
this is another example of just blowing # out of proportion.//

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 53  54  55   >>

join