It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Now that theres no sharia law here,so we keep ourselves at a spiritual level and follow our religion in the best of manner without disturbing the non-muslim population in anyway because as muslim we are meant to respect the rights of other people MUSLIM OR NOT MUSLIM.

Would you like to see, if it were up to you, Sharia law in the UK?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by TheoOne

Question

What is the goal of man? to spiritualy evolve or evolve techincally...how can human spiritualy evolve...in a dogmatic religion!!?

most of the faiths I know do allow some amount of questioning......and the questioning and looking bring us nearer to something deeper...its not blind faith..

I feel for this poor woman ...she tried to make a difference and failed in their culture...

People I think should be very concerned about this mentality...because in the uk its on our door steps...

We have seen an erosion of our rights...if this mentality gets a good foothold...then you can kiss most of your rights goodbye...

And for the females...there should be real concern...

But regards the uk and that fact that should things go so far with some of the people in the Muslim community and imposing their will...most of the communities I know are surrounded!

Basically I just want to live my life in peace I don't give a monkies what colour or creed or how wierd someone is ...I just want to be who I am and live with some freedom of thought...

I just can't get my head round the fact that someone want's to kill someone ...just because they are unbelievers ....

Its very very silly I think!!

And the veiled threat of there are more of us is disturbing !!I think !!

the goal of man is to worship allah and bear his tests of faith

your reward will be in the next life.

period.

it doesnt matter what you think, it is all about the allah, dude.

if we want peace, we all have to convert, or be killed.

allah doesnt care that you have ideas, preferences or ambitions... your cure for cancer and aids takes a back seat to allahs wishes, and may even be an affront to him, by keeping his children out of heaven or hell.

mankinds progress and destiny to live among the stars is not up to mankind, it is allahs will

all our research and developing technology is a waste of time, that would be better spent at prayer, what happens in this world that does not concern worship and praise of allah is unimportant

i know, i know, he sounds like a very insecure god... but after all, its his universe, we're just lucky to get to live in it. right?

i'm sure when the time is right, allah will bestow upon mankind warp drive and transporters when he sees fit, and if he doesnt?

its allahs will, after all. and that should be good enough for us.

right?

besides, how will we know which way to pray if we're hundreds of light years away in space, exploring other planets? would it really be worth it to be a few degrees off in our prayer pointing?

surely not!

you think i'm joking?

allah be praised.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply 27jd
I would like to see the British people converting to Islam and also change the laws and rules to sharia way.
But its not a muslim country and not controlled by Muslims so it depends on the population.If most of the population is muslim than and they want sharia law than yes the Sharia law will be applied.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Alrighty then. That's what I thought, thanks for the honesty.

Still waiting to hear from ya on that quote neformore....

[edit on 30-11-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to planetfall.
Yes of course its all about Allah at the end of the day.Allah created us just to recognise his existance and praise him only.Allah has got thousands of Angles who praise him till they exist.But he created us humans to test which one will stay blind and follow the world and which one will open his eyes and folow the truth (Islam).And the rewards and punishments for following Allah and not following Allah will be decided on the day of judgement.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

But its not a muslim country and not controlled by Muslims so it depends on the population.If most of the population is muslim than and they want sharia law than yes the Sharia law will be applied.

You do understand and realise that the King/Queen of England is also the head of the Protestant Church of England and therefore the UK is, and always will be a Christian country - and as such Sharia law will never be applied here, don't you?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to neformore
Well like i said it depends on the population.If 70-99% of the pupulation are muslims and want sharia law than the queen and the king or the church cant do much about it.Its what majority wants not what king or queen wants.
I have got nothing against the King or Queen or British people just stating the facts according to Islam.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Allah created us just to recognise his existance and praise him only.

So, this almighty deity created an entire planet full of people, just so they could praise him? It's that needy of praise, huh? That it wuold create people, give them the choice whether or not to praise him, but if they don't, they suffer in hellfire? Wow, nice guy. I'd rather kick it with Shaitan, I'm from Phoenix so it's not that hot there...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to planetfall
You seem to have quite alot of knowledge about Islam.But i am sure you have found positive things aswell in Islam other than what the laws and the rules are.So what do you actually think about the religion Islam?

i find it fascinating, much more interesting than the other dull religions.

i am also 100% against it.

it is, by design, constructed to hold back human advancement and development and would prevent us from further mastery of our environment.

i find it difficult to believe that god, capable of creating everything in this universe and perhaps the others as well, is so high maintenance, emotionally that he needs constant reassurance from his own creation, on this li'l ol' planet off in the unfashionable end of the milky way galaxy

i am a student of science (physics and mathematics) which is an endevour that examines gods handiwork very closely. we are able to, and its okay, to follow the trail of clues that have obviously been deliberately and tantalizingly left for us sentient types to follow.

this is no accident. the god i know is the one open to close examination, for all to see and know, you cannot argue or guess at factual evidence.

mathematics is in a way, the fabric by which everything we know exists is composed from, even at its most chaotic there is elegant and ordered beauty. in some ways a signature or a knowing wink...

islam (or rather, the hierarchy of islam) would not let anyone recognize the true glory of the creator, simply for the fact that it would then not be able to control the uneducated and poor to its selfish ends.

what better way to get poor, uneducated people to become amazing strategic tools like suicide bombers, than to promise them all the rewards biological humans prize so highly, only after they die in the name of allah?

you dont see the clerics strapping on any bombs to themselves, do you?

hmmm... yeah, about that.

when we die, our bodies do not exist, our souls do not have gender, what would anyone need 72 girlies for?

sex is for biological creatures.

no, its always the easily manipulated, indoctrinated from birth, which is why i think all muslims have the potential to become activated by the echelon at any time, anywhere, to do anything the keepers wish

a nation of manchurian candidates? sort of... culture is a potent weapon with astonishing power, some of you may have noticed its abuse in the name of the prophet lately, around the world.

we are gods creation, we serve god best by reaching our potential, and we've barley scratched the surface

islam would hold that back, which is a blasphemy in a way in addition to brutal oppression and control of humans.

i wonder if god ever really wanted to be worshipped, perhaps it annoys him.

it would me.

by mastering the secrets of the universe, humans have the potential to emulate/be god; godlike

if we can, then we were designed so, deliberately

all indications seem to point to that being true

i wonder if thats how our god started out

thank you for asking, i hope i havent been too disrespectful.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
replt to 27jd
shaitaan praised Allah aswel,not a single place in this world is left where shaitaan didnt praise Allah.But Allah wanted to test him,Allah told him to bow down to Adam who was created from sand.But shaitaans ego didnt let him bow and he said to Allah why should i bow to this sand.Basically shaitaan refused Allahs orders.Allah disowned shaitaan as his follower because he refused Allahs order.And from that day on Shaitaan challenged Allah that he wont let the humans Allahs creation follow him and will keep them away from Islam.
But Allah said to shaitaan that my true followers wont fall into your trap and they will indeed follow me.And since than day shaitaan has vowed not to let non belivevers become muslims and not let muslims follow Allahs orders.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply 27jd
I would like to see the British people converting to Islam and also change the laws and rules to sharia way.

exactly. and that is the goal. it will happen, if infidels let it happen.

Islam is like a virus. It radiates from Muslim countries that are too diseased to support it and into healthy systems that are that way because they have had the luxury of developing apart from Islam. Once in the host system, the Islam virus uses the existing machinery to make replicas of itself. Over time, the host makes unilateral concessions to the religion, feeding and appeasing it in the vain hope that it can be pacified.

Vital organs are co-opted and eventually shut down as Islam advances. In a matter of time, the entire system groans to an agonizing death and assumes the condition of the diseased nations from which Muslims originally fled. The virus then looks for new hosts to cannibalize.

Some Westerners, particularly those with children (and an investment in the future), are far-sighted enough to see where current trends eventually lead. Though many Muslims are decent people, the religion itself always has a way of bringing the radicals along with it. The radicals then infest and influence the mainstream, and the rest of society pays the cost.

Islam: What Can be Done?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to neformore
Well like i said it depends on the population.If 70-99% of the pupulation are muslims and want sharia law than the queen and the king or the church cant do much about it.Its what majority wants not what king or queen wants.
I have got nothing against the King or Queen or British people just stating the facts according to Islam.

Sorry but you are wrong.

The United Kingdom is a monarchy. That means that the people in it are subjects, not citizens.

As the head of state for the country, the monarch sets the national religion. The Parliament of the country defers to the monarch on matters to do with the church.

So, given that the monarch is the head of the Church of England, the country can never be an islamic state. Also, given that the Parliament defers to the monarch on church matters, Sharia law cannot be implemented.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You've got two hopes there, pal, no hope and Bob Hope! I will fight with everything I have got to keep that obscene and obnoxious sharia law ever getting a jusridiction on the non-islamic people of Britain. You are living in cloud-cuckoo land if you think Britain will become Islamic.

Britain is not the claimed Christian country it is often thought to be, it is in fact a secular society, whose non-Islamic people, once educated to the barbarity that is sharia law, will awaken to rage if pushed, and incidents such as this Sudanese travesty, provide quite the impetus. Be under no illusion, because of what is occurring in Sudan, Islam has taken a nose-dive off the top branch of the tolerance tree, and has hit every branch on the way down...minds have become set against Islam...and so-called representatives of Islam have caused it its undoing. We are a very tolerant people in Britain, but severe damage has been done here to the tolerance of the Islamic religion. Believe me now when I caution, the treatment meted out to Ms Gibbons will fester and brood in hearts and minds. Certain idiots in the UK will take it upon themselves to make a form of reparation in retaliation. Should any physical harm come to her...well, it does not bear thinking about. Sharia law in my country...not a chance!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And since than day shaitaan has vowed not to let non belivevers become muslims and not let muslims follow Allahs orders.

Cool. Then I'm with Shaitan.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by planetfall

Very well said. I agree with you FULLY. Spirituality should NEVER be confused with religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to planetfall.
I am not poor or uneducated.I am a biochemistry student at my local university here and i work aswel.
Islam is not blind faith.Everything makes sense logically and like i said Allah created us so he knows best on how we should behave and live.
Its like when a company makes a product it also gives us a guide on how to use it and the salesman or whoever representing the product also tell us about it and how it should be used.Thats how exactly the Quran is and the prophets are for.The quran acts as a guide to how the humans should live thier lifes and the prophets are there to guide us practically.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by planetfall

Wish I had your eloquence...that has put my feelings in a nutshell...

It just dosen't make sense ....this mentality would take humantiy to the dark ages..

Always beware of Dogma...its a real bugger to the evolution of the human spirit and all the possibilities to explore gods creativity ! I think!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lol, 40 lashes for naming a teddy bear Mohammed. People better stop playing with Muslims; those dudes don't mess around.

Ha ha ha, she should have stayed in Britain with that stuff. Now she's going to get caned, lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

reply to neformore

Sorry but you are wrong.

The United Kingdom is a monarchy. That means that the people in it are subjects, not citizens.

As the head of state for the country, the monarch sets the national religion. The Parliament of the country defers to the monarch on matters to do with the church.

So, given that the monarch is the head of the Church of England, the country can never be an islamic state. Also, given that the Parliament defers to the monarch on church matters, Sharia law cannot be implemented.

ha h aha.... that figurehead tourist attraction wouldnt stand against islam for a moment.

the culture of a country can indeed change, the uk you know now would be unrecognisable to you 1000 years from now.

you know, with all the mosques and the goats running all over the place...

get enough muslims in parliment, on staff at buckingham, in local government and they will acheive their goal of assimilating your country

much the way hispanics are turning my country into a banana republic...

what will stop them from this? racism? intolerance? prejudice?

but, we abhor all of those!

yes we do, dont we... well, even if its our undoing, its worth having those ideals, innit?

sharia law, however, when it is finally in place there wont exhibit similar high ideals, i hope no one will be too dissapointed in them...

at least not out loud.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by planetfall]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire

You've got two hopes there, pal, no hope and Bob Hope! I will fight with everything I have got to keep that obscene and obnoxious sharia law ever getting a jusridiction on the non-islamic people of Britain. You are living in cloud-cuckoo land if you think Britain will become Islamic.

Britain is not the claimed Christian country it is often thought to be, it is in fact a secular society, whose non-Islamic people, once educated to the barbarity that is sharia law, will awaken to rage if pushed, and incidents such as this Sudanese travesty, provide quite the impetus. Be under no illusion, because of what is occurring in Sudan, Islam has taken a nose-dive off the top branch of the tolerance tree, and has hit every branch on the way down...minds have become set against Islam...and so-called representatives of Islam have caused it its undoing. We are a very tolerant people in Britain, but severe damage has been done here to the tolerance of the Islamic religion. Believe me now when I caution, the treatment meted out to Ms Gibbons will fester and brood in hearts and minds. Certain idiots in the UK will take it upon themselves to make a form of reparation in retaliation. Should any physical harm come to her...well, it does not bear thinking about. Sharia law in my country...not a chance!

Excellent post.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join