It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Fact is , one of our "friends to the east" is probably sitting on a mainly Islamic forum making exactly the same points about the bible as you are about the Koran. He hates you just as much as you hate him. He'll be listing every percieved western atrocity against his people, and quotes from the bible. You are well suited - and heres the reason why.

In essence, you are exactly the same.

The diference is, that our "friends to the east" posting to a forum is likely to either inspire or himself, ACT on that post.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by planetfall
pssst... i was asking our very nice muslim guest....

but since you brought it up, where do all those virgins come from?

Sorry, thought it was a general question, lol.

Anyway, I thought the whole virgin thing was mistranslated and really meant grapes. That would suck huh? Get to heaven all ready for some hot devirginizing, and get a bowl of 72 grapes. What a gip...

Seriously?

Grapes?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

yeah, i agree - that is what i was saying, more or less.

i wonder if the media is reporting this correctly or just trying to create fear and hate amongst westerners, you know? i mean, i highly doubt they'd give her 40 lashes or whatever the punishment was - they know she wasn't raised muslim, that she is foreign and did nothing "intentionally" wrong. i don't have time to research this story, but i wonder what the real facts are.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Curious, why aren't they whipping the kids, who are Muslim and should obviously know better, for naming this teddy bear after their holy prophet??

Not only were the charges ignorant, but they also show the lack of tolerance and ability to accept differences from other cultures, but the further protests from the people of Sudan and other 'holy' men calling for her to be killed is further proof of how sick these people are. Makes me want to puke. Here I think I will.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Not to derail this thread, but this is a perfect example why the US has been failing in Iraq to get that country together to form a government by the people for the people. As you can all see, the ONLY way to counter this movement is to remove the ignorance. The future government of Iraq will only work once ignorance and self-serving is replaced by moderation and tolerance.

We will see this in Iraq but it will take another 15 years or more most likely. Why do you ask? The real answer is that the future of Iraq’s success will rest in future generations. The ones in power now are too far gone to change and they will wipe each other out. What is left will be the kids of today that get a chance to grow up in schools that do not teach ONLY extreme hatred for anyone Muslim or another non-Muslim that are not 100% aligned with their beliefs.

This is why the these extreme people fight so hard for they see their power slowly slipping away as people decide for themselves and not blindly follow. We saw how evil this can get with the Nazis, and we might even see it in America at some future date, but right here and now it is the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
What is with this religious hatred?!

I've seen it from all sides, all religions, and don't try to claim any of them are peaceful, all religions have been guilty, and will be guilty again in time.

The stupid part is, all current religions are almost identical

Ban Religion "NOW".

Religion is a "snare and a racket"!!!

Wars, Death, Poor, No answers to Why,When,How or What etc??!!

Come on Folks lets "chuck it"?

Except those who know the "Truth" ( I don't mean the UFO people)?

"RUN AWAY, TURN AWAY" (Bronski beat)!!!!!!11

There are some religious people who never went to war? "Peaceful people". Work it out?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossyabove

Originally posted by johnsky
What is with this religious hatred?!

I've seen it from all sides, all religions, and don't try to claim any of them are peaceful, all religions have been guilty, and will be guilty again in time.

The stupid part is, all current religions are almost identical

Ban Religion "NOW".

There are some religious people who never went to war? "Peaceful people". Work it out?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57

It’s not about people living in Sudan act more violent than people in Saudi Arabia or turkey. I mean when it comes to our religion (Islam) every Muslim agrees to Sharia law and follows the way of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) without any doubt.

People behave differently in different countries due to their cultural, economical and social conditions. ....
But people in better off countries might just talk about it instead of going on demonstrations or bashing cars and buildings.

I beg to differ. Regarding violence; It seems there is a striking simularity no matter what Muslim country is considered.

For instance:
Sudan:

Indonesia:

Iran:

Iraq:

These are just a minor sample, I could have filled multiple pages with images such as these. Many of the images from Indonesia for example were just too disturbing & disgusting for me to post.
If you have the stomach for it you can see some of them here:
noiri.blogspot.com...
The images of the Islamic violence against ethnic Chinese are horrible.
I warn they are extremely graphic.

I contend that your statement

every Muslim agrees to Sharia law and follows the way of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) without any doubt.
is utter BS.

Google the images yourself. There is a common theme. Hate, violence, rage, bloodthirst, death... . The ones I know and employ are descent hard working people. They are not interested in forcing others to bow to the will of Muhammad or allah. Alas, I fear they are in the minority.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Reply to Sparky 63
I said it’s not about people living in Sudan act more violent than people in Saudi Arabia or turkey. I mean when it comes to our religion (Islam) every Muslim agrees to Sharia law and follows the way of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) without any doubt.

What I meant was that no Muslim can say that Sharia law isn’t right or what our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did wasn’t right. The Muslims that work for you ask them if they agree to Sharia law and the punishments and ask them whatever the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did was right or wrong. I am sure everyone will agree to it. They might not be practising Muslims or they might think Islam is a bit harsh, BUT they won’t ridicule it or deny it in anyway matey because its part of the faith and a Muslims faith is only complete if you AGREE to all those things I have mentioned above.

Coming back to those images you have posted, you don’t see 1.2Bil Muslims in those pictures. Yes you see a few 100s, 1000s or even 100 000s of people acting violently like that but that doesn’t represent all the 1.2bil of Muslim population. You have extremists in every country and every society.
Now you might question why the hell in the world doesn’t the rest of the peace loving Muslims stop these maniacs?
That’s because the Muslims feel threatened of what the WEST does in Muslim countries
E.g. interfering in their internal problems, causing wars, looting natural resources, killing innocents imprisoning innocents, taking over lands, forming military bases and the rest.
Its not that the majority of the Muslims like the maniacs but they feel that the maniacs are acting as a deterrent against the west.

And my question to you is why doesn’t the West stop the things I have mentioned above so that we can all achieve full and final PEACE?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
why muslims dont stop these people with these behaviours? well one reason is normal muslims dont know them!

Also wondering why muslims dont stop them is like wondering why america doesnt stop all their murderers thiefs, rapists, pedophiles from commiting crimes, its just illogical, it doesnt matter what we do they will still commit the crime, because they are hidden.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Reply to _Phoenix_
So that’s the same with the terrorists than who kill and blow up innocents. When the commit their crime they don’t tell the Muslims what they are about to do. They plan their acts secretly and commit mass murder in name of Islam to justify their actions but which is totally wrong.
KILLING AND BLOWING UP INNOCENTS IS NOT ALLOWED IN ISLAM.
Only to resist the invading forces and defending our land is allowed in Islam.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Seriously?

Grapes?

You called?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Reply to _Phoenix_
So that’s the same with the terrorists than who kill and blow up innocents. When the commit their crime they don’t tell the Muslims what they are about to do. They plan their acts secretly and commit mass murder in name of Islam to justify their actions but which is totally wrong.
KILLING AND BLOWING UP INNOCENTS IS NOT ALLOWED IN ISLAM.
Only to resist the invading forces and defending our land is allowed in Islam.

Yep I agree, these terrorists kill more muslims than anyone else anyway, they are muslims true enemy.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ossyabove
Ban Religion "NOW".

You could be right! Hmm wait a minute; the last group of people who banned religion (Communist) is also responsible for about 500 million deaths. Also the vast majority of genocides in our past had very little to do with religion. There are some but none even come close to the non-religious ones.

So just maybe when religion is used wrongly there is still a fragment of a moral compass where in the other non-religious cases it is totally gone.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That’s because the Muslims feel threatened of what the WEST does in Muslim countries
E.g. interfering in their internal problems, causing wars, looting natural resources, killing innocents imprisoning innocents, taking over lands, forming military bases and the rest.
Its not that the majority of the Muslims like the maniacs but they feel that the maniacs are acting as a deterrent against the west.

And my question to you is why doesn’t the West stop the things I have mentioned above so that we can all achieve full and final PEACE?

Well first how does this relate to the secular fighting in Iraq where the US wants to get out but we have been delayed from all this inter-fighting that has greatly impede any positive process.

Second, please address some of my other posts just a few pages back that talk on the same line as your post here does.

Third, Do you view the Taliban in power for Afghanistan as a good option to live under for peace?

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine

Originally posted by neformore
What would happen if a Muslim guy stood in the middle of NYC, shouted "allah akbar" and set a US flag on fire?

Well I guess we know what would happen, but whats really worrying is how much people care about their flags. Patriotism is not a good thing, The self-determination of the nations of the world is what causes war. Delusions of separation and such. I wouldnt care if a satanist burnt a bible in front of me, I wouldnt care if a muslim burnt my flag or any other flag for that matter. Its more worrying that people have been so brainwashed that someone burning a piece of cloth angers them enough to want to kill.
Does no-one else feel this way ?? - I feel like im taking crazy pills!

It is what burning that flag symbolizes that gets people mad.
It is the same as if he got in your face and screamed that you, your family and everyone you know deserves to be killed... THAT is what burning a flag means...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by planetfall

No matter how well you presented it was nothing more than an overkill and the destruction of another nation that happen to be muslin, but hey we did the same to Afghanistan and Iraq so what an example. right?

But that is ok our nation also works on Nobel prizes while at war.

Acutally we work fo rpeace.

for someone who claims scholarly status, it seems a lot of knowledge escapes your notice.

when threatened and attacked a response is necessary, its okay to fight back, in fact survival has always demanded it. you're likely one who accepts natural selection and evolution, eh? well, those principles still apply to contemporary humans.

war wouldnt be necessary if it werent for the bad guys doing bad things.

What I can never understand, is why people that think evolution explains EVERYTHING, complain about wars and violence... That is just evolution in action...
They should be promoting genocide against anyone that bothers them, because that would end the genetic lines that caused the problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Reply to Xtrozero
To answer Iraqs question, if the US is there for oil than they are not gona leave anyway and find excuses to stay there till they drain it all out. If the US is there to show whose the big boss to Russia and china than they will stay there till they have Iraq totally under control. And if the US is just there to build more military bases in ME to provide support for Israel than they will be there for quite abit of time.

Well looking at Iraq’s situation, its pretty messed up, we don’t know whose who. It’s a mixture of everything worse that we can imagine. From insurgents groups (with different ideologies) to high level military involvement from other countries, it’s very complicated to distinguish between them.
But according to Muslims it’s an illegal war in first place and the US should be out ASAP.

Answering the Taliban question, the way they applied Sharia law in Afghanistan, I agree to living under that as a Muslim because that’s peaceful to me. But when it comes to involvement with Alqaeda or anything to do with terrorism, I disagree because that’s not peaceful that’s terrorism.The real way to defend their land was as they did against the Soviets in 1980s.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Answering the Taliban question, the way they applied Sharia law in Afghanistan, I agree to living under that as a Muslim because that’s peaceful to me. But when it comes to involvement with Alqaeda or anything to do with terrorism, I disagree because that’s not peaceful that’s terrorism.The real way to defend their land was as they did against the Soviets in 1980s.

While I agree with SOME of your posts there are many I dont agree with.

This is one.
I would NOT TRUST any organisation, gang, political religious groups that try to set rules, the taliban is a good example. What do you think the leaders were really in the taliban for?
I really dont think they truly wanted to be peaceful, good muslims, if they wanted that they wouldnt have to create the taliban, the true reason they did this, just as any other leaders of political religious groups, that reason is POWER and GREED.

Not to mention many if not most of the talibans rules were unislamic.

By the way I consider groups like them a much bigger insult to Islam, than some petty thing like a teddybear being called Mohammed.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

The Taliban's version of Sharia law was anything but peaceful. Men were required by their law to grow their beards a certain length or they would be killed. Women could only get medical help from female doctors, and yet women were not allowed to work, so how were the doctors supposed to get to them?

The Taliban kept the population uneducated and illiterate so that they can interpret the Quran to how they see fit, and convince the public that they were doing the right thing for Islam.

As a Muslim, one of our major requirements is to educate ourselves. When a group like the Taliban claim themselves to be Muslim, and then go and kill other Muslims, while denying an education, they prove to everyone that they are the type of people who would be the real enemy of Islam.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by DJMessiah]

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join