It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have just spent 15 minutes writing a post that I have now deleted, apologists would have just twisted it and tried their best to portray me as some religous, racist bigot.

I am not.

This is undefendable and is a perfect example of how organised religion is used to control and frighten people.

A previous poster actually stated that the purpose of Sharia Law is to frighten people into submission.
A very worthy ideal I must say in this day and age.

Is there any more proof required that these Muslim extremists are the biggest threat to world peace and the advancement of mankind as a whole?

Their sole purpose is to convert the world to Islam and Sharia Law, through any means, or to eliminate those that refuse to.

I could say so much, but now is not the time, my anger is up and emotions are high.
They would only be misconstrued anyway.

Suffice to say that I for one will not take this no more.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I have to say, Im impressed.

This was an amazingly fair sentencing.

Seriously?

right, its a very serious offense in islam, she should have known better than to let the children name the doll after ol' mo.

when in rome....

you cant apply western sensibilities toward this culture, everyone thinks they're just like us and they are not. always the same mistake.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You know better then that Intrepid, she should be set free,

Why the head games?

What "head games"? They screwed up and they are saving face by giving her a token sentence. Better than the alternative imo.

Is that what they are doing?

Sometimes i wish I could be Rambo,

But instead I am grambo,

[edit on 033030p://bThursday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I have to say, Im impressed.

Seriously?

You would prefer that she be physically beaten? Or imprisoned for 6 months?

Are you seriously saying that she deserved any sentence?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Seriously?

You would prefer that she be physically beaten? Or imprisoned for 6 months?

I would have prefered that she had not been arrested for such a silly misunderstanding and that she had been allowed to get on with what she wanted to do which is educate children, something she can't be bad at as she is popular with both children and parents.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by planetfall

Ok, when in Rome.....

Does that apply to Muslims who live in Western countries?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
After thought,

They screwed up and they are saving face by giving her a token sentence. Better than the alternative imo.

How big of them, maybe I would have respected them if they publicly apologized to her, and set her free.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

you cant apply western sensibilities toward this culture, everyone thinks they're just like us and they are not. always the same mistake.

Very true, they are living in the dark ages, literally.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I would have prefered that she had not been arrested for such a silly misunderstanding and that she had been allowed to get on with what she wanted to do which is educate children, something she can't be bad at as she is popular with both children and parents.

islam comes first above all else. most especially before the welfare of women and children, it matters not that the children have no school for the rest of the year, this insult to the prophet is paramount.

allahs will, will determine the impact this has on the children.

would that be the case in any non muslim country?

again, people, they dont think with western sensibilities, we would put our childrens education first, before god, and thats why we are the great satan.

dont believe me?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

How big of them, maybe I would have respected them if they publicly apologized to her, and set her free.

And there would still be some here bitching that she was arrested in the first place.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ok, when in Rome.....

Does that apply to Muslims who live in Western countries?

no, it does not. it is a one way street.

Muslim Allegiance to Non-Muslim Governments

[edit on 29-11-2007 by planetfall]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

islam comes first above all else. most especially before the welfare of women and children,

OH yea I forgot,

I need some fresh air this is really getting upsetting.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Of course I understand that perfectly well.
Doesn't mean to say that I have to like it and accept it and it doesn't mean that I won't speak out against it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And there would still be some here bitching that she was arrested in the first place.

Absolutely my friend,

I AM bitching that she was arrested in the first place.

Yours truly, Grambo

[edit on 033030p://bThursday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Doesn't mean to say that I have to like it and accept it and it doesn't mean that I won't speak out against it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I do not know of any passage (surrah) in the Koran that forbids naming an animal or object "Muhammad".
I asked several of my Muslim employees and they were unaware of any.

I also find it interesting that as Muhammad is one of the most popular names for Muslim men.
Since that is the most popular name, would it be safe to assume that most theives in the Muslim world are named Muhammad?

Can we even begin to list the number of criminals with the name Muhammad?

It is men that are capable of acts of violence, barbarism, cruelty, and immorallity. If there is anyone
bringing disrespect to Muhammad it is the countless men who bear that name and have committed
crimes against their fellowman.

Not Teddy Bears! All they do is look cute & fuzzy!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

right, and as a fellow infidel, i feel the same, thats why we must be converted or killed, the time we spend not praising allah is time spent insulting the prophet and rejecting the rewards allah selflessly offers.

speaking out against this, would draw official attention to the complainer

sharia law has methods of dealing with that, sharia governs through terror, the terror of the very harsh punishment to ensure the lack of any dissent

guess who wants to bring this swell form of government to your country, one way... or another?

Killing to Avoid Hell

Sura (8:15-16) - "O ye who believe! when ye meet the Unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day - unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own)- he draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and his abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed)!" Not only does Muhammad lay down the principle that a Muslim can serve time in Hell, but failing to kill unbelievers when directed is a sure way to bring this about.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Of course there would have been some bitching, she simply should not have been arrested.
If there was any slight it was most definately unintentional and could quite easily have been resolved without making such a public display over the situation.

Has anyone considered how Mrs Gibbons family feel amidst all this?
They have refused to make any public comment for fear of offending these religously upright people anymore and what could subsequently happen.
Imagine if it was your mother in this situation.
They must be at their wits end, do you think they will be greatful she only has to spend 15days in a Sudanese prison?
And for what, calling a teddy bear a name.

Of all that's wrong with the world that's up there with them all isn't it

World famine, global warming, wars, paedophiles, calling teddy bears names. Fit's right in there doesn't it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I do not know of any passage (surrah) in the Koran that forbids naming an animal or object "Muhammad".
I asked several of my Muslim employees and they were unaware of any.

I also find it interesting that as Muhammad is one of the most popular names for Muslim men.
Since that is the most popular name, would it be safe to assume that most theives in the Muslim world are named Muhammad?

Can we even begin to list the number of criminals with the name Muhammad?

It is men that are capable of acts of violence, barbarism, cruelty, and immorallity. If there is anyone
bringing disrespect to Muhammad it is the countless men who bear that name and have committed
crimes against their fellowman.

Not Teddy Bears! All they do is look cute & fuzzy!

its idolotry, a very serious offence in islam, she got off way easy:

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Preaching to the converted.

I am more than aware of extreme interpretations of Islam and Sharia Law.
The problem is that these extremists are growing in influence and moderate Muslims are more and more afraid to speak out against them, thus giving them more and more influence and attract more followers.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join