It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
i dont acknowledge violonce but if you disrespect my religion or our porphet muhammad(peace be upon him) than it hits us like a bullet.We get very angry.

what about the lack of anger in reference to what your more enthusiastic brothers are doing?

the homicide bombings, the beheadings, the terror attacks, why do folks like yourself not speak up and denounce this en masse?

what about the human rights violations? the womens rights abuses? why nary a peep from good muslims like you?

why not take to the streets and riot over those? those arent more serious than a cartoon depicting ol' mo in a political forum?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall
its very simple, yes you are intolerant of pedophile behaviour or you are not.

Well now, a post that makes sense, vaguely. No, I am not tolerant of pedophiles. Not in the least. Still what has a mutation of nature, which these predators are, have in common with with Muslims?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

sorry, all i saw was my name highlighted and someone elses quote...

its hard enough to keep the apologists on task here without accidental misquotes... they'll use any excuse for misdirection and subterfuge when they cant manage to make a point.

my bad!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

If they want to fight something, we atheists can stand a few punches. We have NOTHING in common with any religion, hit us a few times... at least none of us will strike back with radicalism. I would gratefully see all religions single out Atheists such as myself instead of each other if it would bring some form of relative peace.

Quite honestly, I fear the secularists and the atheists almost as much as I do the Radical Muslims..

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

its very simple, yes you are intolerant of pedophile behaviour or you are not.

Well now, a post that makes sense, vaguely. No, I am not tolerant of pedophiles. Not in the least. Still what has a mutation of nature, which these predators are, have in common with with Muslims?

they would call you a bigot. the very things you claim characterize them are the very things anyone can say, with just as much justification, about muslims.

mutation of nature, predators, etc...

you're a bigot yourself, everyone is in one way or another, so you'll understand if many of us continue to contribute to the discussion by pointing out the negative nature of islam and its affect on world civilization.

if you wish to contribute, perhaps instead of bellyaching about how everyone is hatin' on muslims, you might offer up positive examples, articles, domunentation and other factual accounts.

thank you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Breaking news on this issue. I will add link once one is available.
The UK teacher has been found Guilty of insulting Islam and has been sentenced to spend 19 days in jail.
Edited to update the following. It looks like MSNBC TV had the number wrong, CNN, BBC News as well as Fox News are all reporting that the sentence is 15 days. No links yet though

[edit on 29-11-2007 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

they would call you a bigot. the very things you claim characterize them are the very things anyone can say, with just as much justification, about muslims.

mutation of nature, predators, etc...

you're a bigot yourself, everyone is in one way or another, so you'll understand if many of us continue to contribute to the discussion by pointing out the negative nature of islam and its affect on world civilization.

Thus equating pedophiles to Muslims and there is NO comparison. Weak dude.

if you wish to contribute, perhaps instead of bellyaching about how everyone is hatin' on muslims, you might offer up positive examples, articles, domunentation and other factual accounts.

thank you.

Excuse me? Are you telling me how to post on this forum? Not YOUR forum.

I HAVE put documentation out there as to the positive side of this issue, as have other but YOU don't want to see it.
Edit: Fixed BB code.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Breaking news on this issue. I will add link once one is available.
The UK teacher has been found Guilty of insulting Islam and has been sentenced to spend 19 days in jail

thats all? i guess muslims in sudan arent as reverent towards the prophet as they should be, i sentence the entire court to beheadings and then, 40 lashes.

=o)

this shall please allah.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Confirmed. Found guilty of insulting religion although BBC say 15 further days in prison followed by deportation.

Outrageous.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
Confirmed. Found guilty of insulting religion although BBC say 15 further days in prison followed by deportation.

Outrageous.

I hope she makes it out in one piece. Poor woman. I think I would rather have the lashes than 15 days in a sudanese prison

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

not weak at all.

who wants this living next door to them, or in their neighborhood because he's is likely to what? (fill in the blank):

1. creepy pedophile
2. true believer of islam
3. crack dealer

hmmm, i wonder what any of those individuals might be likey to do and are capable of doing?

nah, i'm quite certain everything will be fine, after all, they all think like us right?

well, you let 'em move in next door to you, i'll pass.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I know intrepid isn't standing up for the Sudanese gov. or anything, he's just trying to make a point that it's not ALL muslims doing this, and of course he's right. But there is a large, outspoken population of very radical muslims that seems to be growing, and the moderates are subverted by their own fear of what would happen to them for speaking out. I'm sure there are many in muslim countries who wish they were able to live a free, peaceful life, granted they even know what that is. Not talking about the ones that are comfy in the UK that can pick and choose if they follow Sharia law, or the laws of the UK. Or can say "we" hammered you in Mogadishu, while living safely under the UK government. That "we" says it all to me, they don't see themselves as part of our communities, the enemy living free among us, and that is very dangerous IMO for many reasons, for us and them.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is a link to the MSNBC website:
Teacher guilty in 'Muhammad' teddy bear case

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

not weak at all.

who wants this living next door to them, or in their neighborhood because he's is likely to what? (fill in the blank):

1. creepy pedophile
3. crack dealer

hmmm, i wonder what any of those individuals might be likey to do and are capable of doing?

nah, i'm quite certain everything will be fine, after all, they all think like us right?

1. creepy pedophile- hell no.
2. true believer of islam- been there, no problem. As I pointed out earlier. Miss that?
3. crack dealer- see # 1.

Thanks for pointing out YOUR bigotry though. Makes it so much easier from here.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, at least she isn't going to be beaten... There may be some hope for them afterall.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I know intrepid isn't standing up for the Sudanese gov. or anything, he's just trying to make a point that it's not ALL muslims doing this, and of course he's right. But there is a large, outspoken population of very radical muslims that seems to be growing, and the moderates are subverted by their own fear of what would happen to them for speaking out. I'm sure there are many in muslim countries who wish they were able to live a free, peaceful life, granted they even know what that is. Not talking about the ones that are comfy in the UK that can pick and choose if they follow Sharia law, or the laws of the UK. Or can say "we" hammered you in Mogadishu, while living safely under the UK government. That "we" says it all to me, they don't see themselves as part of our communities, the enemy living free among us, and that is very dangerous IMO for many reasons, for us and them.

now thats what i call a post. thank you for clearing that up, i believe i understand now.

much appreciated, sir.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk... (BBC News)

BBC also reporting that the Muslim Council of Britain expresses disappointment with the court decision and that their thoughts & prayers are with Gillian Gibbons.

Also reporting that the British Foreign Secretary expresses disappointment & the Sudanese Ambassador to the UK has been summoned immediately to the Foreign Office.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

not weak at all.

1. creepy pedophile
3. crack dealer

1. creepy pedophile- hell no.
2. true believer of islam- been there, no problem. As I pointed out earlier. Miss that?
3. crack dealer- see # 1.

Thanks for pointing out YOUR bigotry though. Makes it so much easier from here.

i wear my intolerance on my sleeve, there is no secret there, you may have noticed throughout my postings

i make no apologies for my convictions, i maintain that islam is a scourge of humanity and will hold the entire race back from progress, especially if practised properly by its followers.

i have not come to this conclusion hastily, i'd welcome evidence to the contrary... so far, nada.

i wish the world was composed of more apathetic muslims, who just paid lip service and went through the motions, like so many christians and jews out there.

however that is not the case, there countless very motivated purveyors of the faith who take every word of the prophet with deadly seriousness, and the results are in the news every day, all over the world, without pause.

so, yes, its very astute of you to notice that i'm not entirely in favor of the culture and what it represents, well done.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
You can only make sick comments like that on this forum about our prophet muhammad(peace be upon him) on this forum.If you are soo brave go do it in a muslim community or country.You will be lucky if you come out alive matey.
If you cant stand my comments stop making your on crap up.

A little bit of an overreaction there, no? If you went out in public in the UK to rant and rave about Christianity, what do you think is the worst that would happen to you? I can assure you no-one would think of murdering you in cold blood.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

The poster was just telling it like it is. And it was correct, I probably would be killed. And you're right, I believe I've even seen on TV demonstrations praising the 9/11 hijackers, Bin Laden, etc. in the streets of the UK and nobody attacked and killed them. Which shows the brits are VERY tolerant, however there is a time to stand and fight.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join