It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
I don't think this point has been touched on yet, and if it has I apologise, but it's not just the disproportionate nature of the punishment to this crime that is an issue, it is also the fact that the Sudanese authorities are saying this is 100% deliberate on her part! They just won't say she made a slight error but they do say was her aim all along to, "incite religious hatred".

I would still not be surprised if this was all about the fact that the children VOTED on something. If Gibbons had said to her class that they couldn't use the name Muhammad I believe this would still be happening now for the same reasons and excuses.

[edit on 29/11/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

insulting the prophet may seem trivial and silly to us, but to them it is very grave.

and the prohibition against idolatry is nearly as serious.

she violated both... no small offense.

i doubt she'll get a slap on the wrist. they'll do what they will, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them

much of that is out of fear of reprisals... not just fear, but terror

works every time, no one wants to confront the bully, its better to simply appease.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by planetfall

I understand exactly what you are getting at ....its not about the people or religion ...its the culture... ...the culture / mentality that allows these things to happen !"...if we accept this and walk away and just forget...we have forgotten our humanity...and just taken another step to accepting another oppressive stage in humankinds developmet...

Personally I think its all very silly....we are on the edge of environmentally dangerous events...crap will happen in our lifetimes,,,

Its alright having a NWO a global Islamic state.....but the crap that is on its way..is going to make it difficult for anyone to govern !!

Off topic ..sorry !!

same old same old, we had extrenelt cold spells several hundred years ago (ie near history) which stunted growth, development etc

The earth is always "dangerous" environmentally

hey, thats not my quote, careful with editing those tags, sparky.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
You can only make sick comments like that on this forum about our prophet muhammad(peace be upon him) on this forum.If you are soo brave go do it in a muslim community or country.You will be lucky if you come out alive matey.
If you cant stand my comments stop making your on crap up.

Yeah, we're in PLENTY of muslim countries saying whatever we want. And all your men can do is plant bombs and then run and hide like cowards, or kill themselves trying to kill as many people, innocent or not as they can, because they are SO brainwashed by your false religion, and not man enough to stand up and fight us. THEY are the cowards. Remember the battle of Mogadishu? 160 of our men vs. the whole city? We lost 19, they lost between 1,000-1,500? When we go to muslim countries, we're not the only ones lucky to stay alive. I'll make comments about Muhammad (pig turd be upon him) all I want. And Jesus, Buddha and whatever other FAIRY TALE characters I choose. That's MY choice, I detest all religions. Spirituality should only be inside us, whatever higher powers exist NEED no names given to them by greedy, self-righteous monkeys that want power and control in their false names. Religions just cause war and death, that's it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No they just making sure that she didint do it intentionally.I am sure they will let her go because she just didnt know much about islamic laws and how much we respect our prophet muhammad(peace be upon him).

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

We have Sharia law because it stops people committing crimes and unsocial activites.When people hear about the punishments they tremble with fear and wouldn’t dare commit these sort of wrong things.

awesome

so it's a religion based on fear....
gotcha

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
27jd no the truth is we hammered you at mogadishu.When we fight we dont care about ourselves our bodies.If we have to stop enemy we can go to any extent to stop them.Mate just imagine if the muslims have abit more technology.we guys have the real motivation when it comes to fighting till death.you guys are more worried about your armour than serving and dying for your country.you can hide behind your armour but that armour cant save you for long.Remember hezbollah VS isreali mite.remember falluja.rememember mazar-r-sharif.remember tora bora.rememeber jenin.remember soviets in afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If you are soo brave go do it in a muslim community or country.You will be lucky if you come out alive matey.

so now you acknowledge the violence as well.

so we have this sharia crapola, and it runs on fear and violencew....that about right?
when you strip it to the core...

i mean, you said yourself that people tremble in fear...

why would you want to be a part of something like that? you, that guy, that chick...i don't get it...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i dont acknowledge violonce but if you disrespect my religion or our porphet muhammad(peace be upon him) than it hits us like a bullet.We get very angry.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
. I'll make comments about Muhammad (pig turd be upon him) all I want. And Jesus, Buddha and whatever other FAIRY TALE characters I choose. That's MY choice, I detest all religions.

bwuaahahahahahaah
i feel how you feel.
i liken these figures to characters of a book, nothing more...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

We have Sharia law because it stops people committing crimes and unsocial activites.When people hear about the punishments they tremble with fear and wouldn’t dare commit these sort of wrong things.

awesome

so it's a religion based on fear....
gotcha

Aren't all the Judah religions though. Become a Buddhist lol.

Or you can be like Joe and Mary and go to the social club, hold hands and think good thoughts.. The dude with Zappa Ava will get that.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

i dont acknowledge violonce but if you disrespect my religion or our porphet muhammad(peace be upon him) than it hits us like a bullet.We get very angry.

you acknowledged that people tremble in fear...they don't want to get stoned....stoning is violent....you are sticking up for sharia law so i just added it up.

why does it his you like a bullet?
you feel connected to the pedo prophet?

^^^^that has a nice ring to it eh? a nice little number...
the pedo prophet....

i'm going t work on a riff.
don't be stealing my name now.....

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall
[
hey, thats not my quote, careful with editing those tags, sparky.

What are you referring too? I don't think I quoted you. Sorry If I am mistaken.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

Aren't all the Judah religions though. Become a Buddhist lol.

Or you can be like Joe and Mary and go to the social club, hold hands and think good thoughts.. The dude with Zappa Ava will get that.

yeah, all religions are...

thats the end of catholic girls and it segues into crew slut

But one night, at the Social Club meeting
Mary didn't show up . . .
She was ________ backstage at The Armory
In order to get a pass
To see some big rock group for free . . .

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Im a british muslim citizen and for us religion first and the rest of the world after.No i am not a terrorist,i pay my taxes and i live peacefully with no hatred for anyone.And yes i am a practising muslim and no i dont force anyone to live according to how i live as a muslim because everyone has a choice.And no we will not change and make innovations in our religion to suit the east or the west no matter what day and age we live in.

but what of the infidels, arent you aware that all worship must be for allah? that this must be a muslim world?

arent you doing your part to convert the non believers? it is his will, allah be praised, that to bring peace in this world, all must be for allah?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

27jd no the truth is we hammered you at mogadishu.

Hammered us?

We would have flattened that whole city in less than 5 minutes if we were permitted. An entire city vs. 160 men and all they could kill was a 19? Sorry, they suck. And unlike the militia animals, we were concerned with civilian life. Your just lucky OUR leaders aren't like yours.

When we fight we dont care about ourselves our bodies.If we have to stop enemy we can go to any extent to stop them.

Oh, okay. Yeah, we stop alright, after all your fighters have run to hide or lay dead.

Mate just imagine if the muslims have abit more technology.

Well, maybe if you'd step into this day and age, you might.

we guys have the real motivation when it comes to fighting till death.

Well, it's good you're motivated to die, because if things go the way all our leaders want them to, you will.

you guys are more worried about your armour than serving and dying for your country.

Yeah, we can kill a whole lot more of our enemies when we're still alive.

Remember hezbollah VS isreali mite.remember falluja.rememember mazar-r-sharif.remember tora bora.rememeber jenin.remember soviets in afghanistan.

In EVERY one of those battles you mentioned, if the kid gloves were taken off, they would have ALL been over in a matter of minutes. Again, we TRY to avoid killing innocents, even if they do subscribe to the BS brainwashing.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
christianism would do almost the same a few centuries ago... they have yet to live the illuminism

not nearly on the scale that islam imposes its dogma upon the innocent

is this illuminism a gated community?

more specifics, less cryptics, please

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
This is all just but a cultural clash, and should have been dealt like so, if not why then dont round up the 20 kids that voted for the name and whip them too?

I think they are just targeting this women because she is not Muslim.

the children are children, they do now know any better.

its the adults responsibility to steer them in a spiritually pure direction

the teacher should have known the very serious and grave consequences, since she's likely been in the sudan long enough to know their culture well enough, right?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yes we need to keep the facts straight:

"They came up with eight names including Abdullah, Hassan and Muhammad," Mr Boulos said, adding that she then had the children vote on a name.

Twenty out of the 23 children chose Muhammad as their favourite name.

Mr Boulos said each child was then allowed to take the bear home at weekends and told to write a diary about what they did with it.

He said the children's entries were collected in a book with a picture of the bear on the cover and a message which read, "My name is Muhammad."
BBC

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If some one acts barbaric, why would anyone label them as civilized. They have a very conform to our beliefs or die mentality, at least their leaders do, and groups of young men outside the jail.

Doesn't this mean that the CHILDREN should be give the 40 lashes, seing as how it was them that name the bear...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

We don’t want have girlfriend boyfriends, homosexuals, paedophiles and the rest of the crap.
We don’t want to create a generation of bastards that’s why we have strong control over our societies with such laws. We don’t have a lot of prisons where people come and go after they done their sentence and go back out to rape and murder again.Sharia law is there to maintain a society in a perfect way.
It’s the way how Islam is and no one can ever change it. its impossible to change it that’s why no one can ever change it.

And i apologise that i wont be able to answer some of your questions because all of you are against me and its hard to reply to all.so i am just stating what the Sharia law states.

they tremble with terror, you mean.

i dont think we're against you personally, thank you for contributing to the discussion, its very valuable to have your perspective here.

you have to understand, we're all very curious about your culture, though some of us, myself included do not approve of it.

there is something to be said about brutal, draconian and intolerant laws, they get results:

Obedient Women

Respectful Children

Impressive Technical Skills

Moral Clarity

i cant argue with that.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by V0NkA1N87

Originally posted by apc
The problem here, as usual, is not any one religion.

It is theocracy. Any government that is ruled by a set of religious ideals will appear barbaric to outsiders.

If the US were truly managed under a Christian theocracy, all the gays would be dead, all the women would be voiceless and pregnant, and to question the holy leaders would get your head bashed in with a rock.

The specific religion in question has nothing to do with this. It is the reliance on theology to run a country that must be condemned.

You've hit the nail square on the head

It that were true, then why is Vatican city not ruled like that???
It is a theocracy and it IS it's own country, and even has it's own military.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join