It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like the cheer section was scrapped back in 1988. It must have been those hideous outfits. Uggh!

Who smells like old cheese? We do! We do!
Who wants to pack old cheese? We do! We do!
Gooooo Cheese Packers!
(Sorry, got carried away there)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anybody know of anything on Woodson? Is he going to play or not?

KGB will be back against Oakland. Jolly is done for the year.

Aaron Rogers is week-to-week.

Chad Clifton and Mark Taushcer are on the injured list on NFL.com. Did something happen to Clifton in the Dallas game and I'm not remembering what it was?

Favre will start. No big news there.

In other news - fat ass is back. The Brett Favre-Warren Sapp matchup at Lambeau is the first since 2001.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Is this it?

During a telephone interview on ESPN Radio's "The Jim Rome Show", Brett Favre seemingly implied that the 2007 NFL season would be his last.

Rome at one point asked Favre if he would return next year, regardless of how the Packers finish the season.

"Well, you know Jim, in my mind, this is it," Favre replied. "I'm not sure if I want to go through the grind of training camp again with no guarantee that we'll come back and be, you know, 10-2 again next year."

Asked by Rome if that was an official announcement that 2007 would be his last season in the NFL, Favre did not answer one way or the other.

"We'll see," Favre said.

Link

I don't know if I've ever heard him hint at it this "early". It's usually the last game and in off season where he dances around it and plays with the idea publicly.

However.....

"this is it" could be interpreted in another way other than retirement. He could be saying 'this is it', like this is their chance, because these types of seasons aren't guaranteed. So this season could be "it", meaning the best chance for a Super Bowl, over the rest of his career.

I'm sick of hearing people ask him about retirement. The guy can still play.

But I want him to go out on top. The best possible thing would be to win the Super Bowl this year and him go out like that. But even if Green Bay doesn't win this year, I'd like him to go out at the top of his game. I don't want him to be known for staying too long.

So should this season be "it"?

I don't want him to retire, but I'm definitely more confident about Green Bay's chances post-Favre after the way Rodgers played against Dallas.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here my selection of videos in tribute to the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre.

Brett Favre the greatest QB of all Time!

MNF Brett Favre Classic 10/29/07

Super Bowl XXXI

Green Bay Packers - Fight Song

Green Bay Packers Tribute

MNF Brett Favre vs Raiders (After Favre lost his father)

Brett Favre Touchdown Pass #421

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Injury Report:

Chad Clifton-Probable-Knee
Mark Tauscher-Probable-Ankle
Brett Favre-Probable-Elbow
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila-Probable-Ankle
Corey Williams-Probable-Back
Charles Woodson-Questionable-Toe
Bubba Franks-Doubtful-Knee
Tracy White-Doubtful-Ankle
Aaron Rodgers-Doubtful-Hamstring
Johnny Jolly-Out-Shoulder

Seems like KGB will play today. I haven't seen anything saying he definitely won't play.

Hopefully Clifton and Tauscher are alright and it's just because everyone is a little worn down this time of year.

We know Favre will start.

I don't know what's up with Woodson. He hasn't been ruled out for the game, but I haven't seen anything saying he may play either. I hope it's just a precautionary thing and they're just letting him heal for the playoffs.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They should let Woodson's toe heal. More important games are coming. They need him completely recovered for the playoffs.

This game is coming down to a contest in the trenches and who can run the ball.

Ryan Grant vs Huggy Bear's son.

It's quite chilly here in Cheeseland. I'm going to sit in front of my oversize hi-def and eat cheeseburgers.

Go Pack.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Charles Woodson is active. I don't know if that means starting, playing, or just available if they need him. But it does say he's active.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's important that we close strong, and it's important that we find a miracle in the Cowboy's opposition for the rest of the season. Our ideal path to the Super Bowl is through Lambeau.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The pee sometimes freezes in the whistle. heheheh.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm not really a Packer's fan, but I do have much respect for Farve and the way he carries himself. I heard he got hurt and hope he's back soon. Nice thread though,

Go COLTS !!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What's wrong with Nick Barnett?

And great coverage by Al Harris in the endzone there.

They aren't playing to their potential. They're screwing around and not executing like they should be. They're going to lose if they don't pick it up.

On another note...

Dallas: 14
Detroit: 20

[edit on 12/9/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
How in the absolute hell is that not pass interference?

I don't know how many of you are watching the Detroit-Dallas game, but a Detroit receiver went over the middle and a Dallas defender led with his shoulder and knocked the receiver off his route about a second before the ball even got there.

No pass interference.

So feet getting tangled is a pass interference as long as it's against Dallas receivers, but Dallas defenders are allowed to knock a guy off his route before the ball gets there and get no call.

Incredible.:shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Very nice turnaround. 31-7.

I'm pissed off at myself. I didn't get to see the Greg Jennings TD.

They return that punt for like -2 yards, they go to commercial, I go to another channel to watch another game, and I come back and they've already scored.

That sucks.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Really low class move by Jenkins.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The Lions are absolute garbage. That may even be an over-statement. They're worse than garbage.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
**Record Alert**

Brett Favre needs 183 passing yards to tie Dan Marino for the all time passing yards record of 61,361.

Watch the game next week. He's going to break it.

[edit on 12/9/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So feet getting tangled is a pass interference as long as it's against Dallas receivers, but Dallas defenders are allowed to knock a guy off his route before the ball gets there and get no call.

You're still crying I see... :shk::shk:
You all should do like Steeler fans do and wave "crying towels..." around. Steelers call them the "Terrible towels," maybe ya'll could call them "Cheese towels," or something...

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You're still in denial I see... :shk::shk:

I can at least admit when my team gets a favorable call. You on the other hand........

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I didn't get to see the game, or the hilights.. but how did the Cowboys come back to win that? Last minute field goal? Man... I was so bummed to see the final score. I was sure the Lions had it locked up.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Touchdown at the end.. I do admit that Dallas, particularly on defense, didn't play well...
:shk:

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join