It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I walk away from this somewhat satisfied. Home field advantage would be nice, but we'll go with what we have. Give us Woodson back, KGB, and stick Favre to the game plan.. we'll do just fine.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Quite simply, that weird and stupid early offensive performance was the difference in the game. Even with a faltering defense, the Packers have played them fairly evenly since Favre went out the game.

Now he heads back to the locker room. I wonder if his arm might be broken?

It's always tough to win on the road, and Dallas is a good team. No one expected them to be 10-1. 10-2 still looks pretty good. Hopefully the Packers will get another crack at them in the playoffs.

As well as Rogers played, they need Favre. I still can't get over the early game plan. No I have to wait ten days until they play again.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why sugar coat it? 142 to 65 looks blatant.

Like I said, I don't like pulling the officiating card. But I'd rather look like a whining homer when it happens than completely ignore it.

Yes Green Bay screwed up in the beginning. I'm as frustrated with their performance as you are. They didn't deserve a win with how they played.

But having said that, the officiating was pure garbage. And it wasn't by accident, I promise you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

If it were broken, we would of seen it in the replay. And if he felt it was broken, he would of been gone a long time ago. He stuck it out for most of the game, staying on the sidelines. Now anything short of a heart attack, I'm sure he would of wanted to stay on the sidelines to cheer the guys on. But the medical staff wouldn't of let him stay so long if they thought his arm was broke. Fracture, I seriously hope not. If it's bruised, he'll be playing.

Favre has played through a lot in his career. More than most guys that are mucking it up in the trenches play in and play out.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

But having said that, the officiating was pure garbage. And it wasn't by accident, I promise you.

Well, you're on a conspiracy website, believe that if you want. Pretty poor officiating, that's for sure. Done on purpose. No. If they wanted to fix the game with the officials, Favre's resurgence story is just as big for marketing the NFL than Tony Romo and the Cowboys. Why wouldn't they purposely make some calls to benefit the Packers?

Bad early game plan coupled with crappy pass protection, poor DB play, and a lack of pass rush, those things cost them the game.

Still 10-2. Should get a bye in the first round of the playoffs unless they now fall apart. If they are as good as we all want to think, they'll get another crack at Dallas in January.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

You can actually look at those key pass interference calls and sit in agreement with them? What about the TO-Harris play early on? The no roughing the passer calls on at least two occasions where Favre and Rogers were driven to the ground?

Why did it seem that on numerous occasions one official was saying one thing the Packers way, and another was saying it the Cowboys way, and EVERY SINGLE TIME it went the Cowboys way?

It's fine to not want to look like a poor sport and throw out excuses, but at some point you have to see it for what it really is.

Yes, the Packers did actually commit some of those penalties. But they didn't commit all of them, and of course, it's the big ones that they didn't actually commit.

I could care less if I'm labeled a poor sport about the whole thing. I don't think Green Bay played well enough to get a win. But I certainly don't respect the Cowboys any more than I did before this game. My respect has actually dropped. Neither team played well at all. Dallas barely got by.

By the way...

^^ No penalty

[edit on 11/29/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hi guys. I won't be a jerk. It was not that bad of a game. I am not sure what the heck the Pack was doing at first but I am glad they did it, because they pretty much handed the game to us on a platter. Anyway just wanted to say good game, and 10-2 is still a nice record from a team so many people thought was washed up. Good nite folks!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I'm pretty sure I said the game was poorly officiated. Do I believe the outcome of the game hinged on the officiating? Nope. I watched the game. Line play on both sides of the ball was glaringly in the Cowboys favor. Rant away, though, if you want and it makes you feel better. Believe me, I understand.

Tonight the team that played better won. Do I think the Cowboys are much better than the Packers? Nope. Good enough tonight? Yep.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

Well I guess we will have to disagree then. Because I think that pass interference call at the end put the game to rest.

Based on what this game looked like, if there were a rematch, starters vs starters, no injuries, and even officiating, Green Bay would win. By no means is Dallas this big dominating team that everyone tries to make them out to be.

Having said that, the Packers played like #.

The offensive line - it'd be nice if they could learn how to block.

The defensive backs...................wow....

Woodson or no Woodson, there is absolutely no excuse for that pathetic display.

Bush needs to go. Bigby needs to go. Harris needs to learn how to stay on the receiver.

The play calling was awful as well. I don't know what the hell McCarthy was thinking. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Keep the offense that has been working.

Overall, despite injuries, had the Packers played their game, and had the officiating been a little more even, they would have definitely won.

That's my last comment on this game. I'm sick of talking about it already.

Next up: Oakland

**Record Alert**

Brett Favre needs 449 passing yards to tie Dan Marino for the all time passing yards record of 61,361.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

Anyway, it was a good game.. There were a couple of calls in the game, on both sides, that I had to question, but...

I thought the back up quarterback for Green Bay came in and did a pretty decent job and made the game closer than it would have been if Favre had stayed in, in my opinion. Dallas was well prepared for Favre, as they generally are.

I think the game was pretty much what I expected... Although, after Favre got hurt, it seemed to me that Dallas became somewhat complacent.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Overall, despite injuries, had the Packers played their game, and had the officiating been a little more even, they would have definitely won.

T

No, if Favre hadn't got hurt Dallas would have continued to pressure him and they wouldn't have even scored as much as they did. I thought Rogers came in and played a very good game for you all. I don't think you're giving credit where credit is due, but that's okay, we'll see ya'll again and do it to you again.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Granted Novus, there were some calls that were questionable. However, you give absolutely no credit to Dallas' defense for keeping Favre under wraps. You give them no credit for scoring 37 points against the defense you trumpeted up. You try to use injuries as an excuse....

Well, given the way that Dallas' defense played against Favre, it wouldn't have mattered who was in the game.. The outcome would have still been a Cowboys victory. Like it, lump it, toss it.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That's where the arrogance of Cowboy fans becomes absolutely hilarious.

See, when Dallas wins, it's because they're good and nothing else, and if the other team complains about injuries or officiating, they're wrong and they're whiners.

But if Dallas loses, Dallas fans don't even realize that they'll be the first to cry about injuries or officiating whether it was the case or not.

I don't think Green Bay played well enough to win that game. I'm pissed off with how they played. I'm not giving them a free pass.

But having said that, there's no point in ignoring other aspects of the game that had a factor. 142 penalty yards to 65 has a factor.

You see, had Green Bay won and played like they did, I wouldn't be convinced that Green Bay is the best team in the NFC.

But since Dallas won with the help of injuries, officiating, and Green Bay not running the same offense they usually do, you and other Dallas fans are convinced Dallas is the best.

That's where arrogance comes in.

You can think what you want, but if you think this sorry win by Dallas mean they're a lock for the Super Bowl, you're sadly mistaken.

And by the way, why is it that Dallas fans are nowhere to be found when they're losing, but all of a sudden everyone is a Dallas fan when they're winning?

This isn't just because I hate them, but Cowboy fans have to be the biggest bunch of bandwagon riders ever. I'm not saying you are by any means. I don't know that. You could very well have been a Cowboy fan all your life. But it's really very obvious, because when they win, everyone around you is a Cowboys fan, and when they lose, there isn't one to be found.

I really don't think that qualifies as "America's Team". I think Green Bay and Pittsburgh fans are FAR more loyal.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have to agree with you about Dallas fans. They are very wishy-washy. I don't think that attitude started until Jerry Jones bought the team though. Honestly I cannot stand the man. Now you take the old days of Staubach/ Landry you saw more loyalty. That was a legendary era and that is when they were Americas team.
I do know some arrogant Cowboy fans, but I am sure that arrogant fans is not something that is only associated with Dallas. The Cheeseheads can get pretty annoying too.
All in all what does it really matter? Next time these two teams meet this could all be a different story. I just don't let this get personal. Now one of my son's played for them I might have a different attitude. Man I love competition as much as the next guy but it is all in fun.
Blow it off and watch how they do the next game. Oh and I still think Favre is one of the best quarterbacks of all time
Maybe not a Namath, Unitis, or Staubach, but he is in the running.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And by the way, why is it that Dallas fans are nowhere to be found when they're losing, but all of a sudden everyone is a Dallas fan when they're winning?

Well, I loved the Cowboys even when they were 1-15...
So, that doesn't apply to me. Thank ya.

By the way, if you're going to base "America's team" based on their fans, then the CLEVELAND BROWNS are America's team. They have absolutely the best fans bar none.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 3-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Let me ask you a question. Where in the hell were all of the Packer fans back in the 80s when Green Bay couldn't hit itself in the ass with a bass fiddle?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Soiling diapers and hanging out on the swings.

You?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I found the #1 Packers fan at the game this last thursday. Check this dude out? He graciously posed with my brother-in-law's wife and her friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Well, as far as I can remember, Green Bay really wasn't worth a damn until about 1993 or so, I don't remember hearing about how great Packers' fans were back in the 80s... Like I said, if we're going to get into a discussion about "great fans," then we have to talk about the fans of the Cleveland Browns, not Green Bay or Pittsburgh. :shk:

I will admit, Texas fans, particularly Dallas fans, are spoiled. They tend to cheer for Dallas when they are up and boo them when they are down, but they certainly aren't any worse than the fans that come out of places like New York or Philadelphia.. :shk:

If we are going to base who "America's Team" is on how good their fans are, then the Cleveland Browns win the nomination hands down.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Oh and I still think Favre is one of the best quarterbacks of all time
Maybe not a Namath, Unitis, or Staubach, but he is in the running.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

Oh, in my opinion, Favre far surpasses Joe Namath. Really, what did Namath do? In all honesty, Favre probably ranks, at least in my mind, with the top six or seven quaterbacks of all time. Joe Namath probably wouldn't even make the top twenty in my book, but that's just me.

Unitis and Staubach were great.. Both of them would probably be in my top ten.. Staubach would probably be four or five on my list..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join