It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
44 yard pass to Jennings - Touchdown.

27-14 Green Bay

Favre needs ONE YARD to tie, two to break!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I can't # believe this. FOX just went out here as Green Bay is close to getting the ball back and Favre is about to break the record.

Wow

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Watching Packer football should be added to the official list of activities predisposing one for a heart attack. :w:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Record broken.

And I didn't get to see it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Novus, you have to be liking the refs a little bit better today. The Packers have gotten a couple breaks. It all evens out in the end.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

If I could see the game I might agree.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
St. Louis showed a lot of class with their ovation of Favre breaking this record.

As for the officiating, I'm under the impression much of it comes from the pass interference call and non-call. I didn't see the non-call against the Packers, but I do believe that it was a legit call against the Rams. And I tend to be pretty neutral when it comes to this, as I do a lot of officiating myself. So I'm not too quick to point fingers.

Packers have played a great second half.

Edit: Ok, that non-call there on a potential pass interference against the Packers is certainly questionable. Seems that they deemed the pass uncatchable. I'm not up on every rule of the NFL, but that one looked like it was going to get a flag.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, since Seattle lost, Green Bay and Dallas have first round byes.

Pretty much just about positioning for Dallas and Green Bay now.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Can you say "Dallas loses"? I can.

Dallas loses
Dallas loses
Dallas loses

Level playing field now, fellas. 12-2 records.

Dallas: Carolina and Washington on the road.

Green Bay: Chicago on the road, Detroit at home.

It comes down to this...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Carolina will not beat the Cowboys... they just got their second home win of the season today... though it was against a good Seattle team.

The Redskins, however, have a great chance to beat them. They nearly beat the Cowboys IN Dallas... and now they try their hand IN Washington. that will be an interesting game, and I'll be sure not to miss it.

So the cowboys LOSE... the Packers and my Appalachian State Mountaineers win the National Title... How can it get any better?

Here's a nice picture, which sums up the NFC showdown between the Cowboys and Packers nicely:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I just watched Romo's post-game press conference. When he was asked about his injured hand, he kept shying away from the questions saying he wasn't a doctor. All throughout the press conference he was answering the questions, but the injury questions seemed to strike a nerve.

I wonder if he knows there's something wrong with it?

Anyone know what hand that is?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure ow much it will impact his game... but I know it does make the chance of them losing just a little better.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that Romo underwent an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury to his right thumb. The test revealed that Romo suffered a contusion and that while it will remain painful and require time to heal, he should play Saturday night.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkHelmet

The question isn't really whether he'll play so much as it's how effective can he be?

His passes looked a little off after he suffered that injury.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Here's a nice picture, which sums up the NFC showdown between the Cowboys and Packers nicely:

Uh, no....:shk::shk:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Folks, he has a SPRAINED thumb... It'll be fine. See ya in Glendale.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
See ya in Glendale.

Yes you will see us in Glendale. Thank you for finally admitting it.

Tell your team to have fun in attendance. Get a nice luxury suite.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, time will tell, Novus. Time will tell..

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Talk about Packers/Bears weather. Just saw on Fox the tarps on Soldier Field were blowing out of control. -15 wind chill and 30-40 mph winds per a Bears fan buddy of mine that lives down that way.

Orton does not have the arm to get the job done in that kind of weather. I expect the Bears' defense to come to play, but they won't shut the Packers down completely.

Packers should win this one 17-3, 14-3, something like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Musky

Won't be good for the passing game.

Maybe I should bench Favre for my fantasy game.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
GO BEARS!!!!! DA BEARS!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join