It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I caught a brief glimpse of the hilights, and well.. Mike Vanderchoke looked pretty good after watching that. (Not really) But that was a brutal miss. 35 yard field goal, indoors... man?

Home field advantage is going to be the difference in the NFC/AFC championships. I don't see Indy going into NE and taking them down, and I'm gonna be hard pressed to see the Packers going into Texas and take them down. Agh! This was a big chance for us.

Anyhoo, moving forward.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Yeah, Detroit could have certainly, at least in my opinion, shut the door on Dallas had they made the field goal. However, that didn't mean that Green Bay would have gotten homefield advantage, necessarily. However, it would have at least gave them a glimmer of hope.

You know something I didn't know is that Dallas has actually only palayed Green bay at Lambeau field five times in 47 years... I wonder why?
By the way, I am certainly hoping Dallas gets home field advantage throughout the playoffs... Dallas is 0-5 at Lambeau field.. :shk::shk:

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

How has the better shot at winning on the road, Indy or GB?

Obviously Indy would be in NE and GB would be in Dallas.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, the difference is that INDY plays in a dome!!

So, naturally, I wouldn't think that Indy's chances of winning in a cold NE stadium would be very good. That is one benefit that both GB and Dallas have over Indianappolis.. They are both outside teams and they can both play in the elements. While Dallas isn't the greatest cold weather team in the world, they're not Tampa Bay either...
Tampa Bay is like 1-60 when playing in tempts under 40 degrees... :shk: Green Bay,,, weather isn't an issue at all.

I'd say as far as CHANCES are concerned, GB would probably have a better chance of winning in Dallas than Indy would in NE...Now, if you're going to ask me what that chance is...

I'd say GB probably has a 30% chance of winning in Dallas, not likely, in my opinion..

Indy in NE, 20-25% chance, not likely either, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'd be hard pressed to dispute those numbers after watching the season unfold. But I do believe the previous meeting of Dallas and GB isn't a fair indication of how even these teams are. Missing the big guys that they were, GB was fairly depleted on the defensive side of the ball. And well, I'm not really sure what to think was going through Brett's mind at the time.

Either way, I really hope these two teams get another shot at one another.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Chissler, I think they might...

Hey, Green Bay has a good team. However, Dallas has,for the most part, always prepared well for Favre... I can only remember him beating Dallas one time and that was where? You guessed it. Lambeau field...

I think the biggest differnce between Dallas and Green Bay right now is the experience factor... GB has a very young team.. Dallas does too, but not so much in comparison to GB...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Green Bay should be healthier in the next week or two, shouldn't they?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The current odds for this weeks game against St.Louis.
Green Bay 44o -110
St. Louis 10 -125
covers.usatoday.com...

Green Bay by 10?
I'd go with GB by 14 at least,IMO.

Another thing I was wondering,if GB cant get the #1 seed for the playoffs.
Do they sit all their starters for the last game?
I think they should at least play a half,but all i've been hearing on local radio here lately,is how they are thinking about sitting them if the #1 seed is outta the question.
I at least hope Favre will start the last game of the year.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
but how did the Cowboys come back to win that?

Because it's the Lions. When ever you see the Lions leading the whole game and end up losing, all you have to do is shake your head and say 'they're the Lions' and you know what happened. You don't even have to watch the game. Just know they're the Lions and you're all set.

I've never seen a team screw up as much as Detroit. It's amazing. There's bad teams, there's good teams, but then there's teams that can be good, but consistently collapse and screw things up for themselves. The Lions are in that third category by themselves.

6-2 start. I have extreme confidence in them that they can finish 6-10.

Only the Lions can win 6 of their first 8 then bomb the last half of the season.

Basically what I'm saying is, if there's a way for the Lions to mess something up - they're going to. They're the true meaning of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Technically it's still possible for Green Bay to grab homefield advantage. I'm not saying they will, but it's still possible.

Talent wise, I think Dallas has the tougher schedule:

PHILADELPHIA
@ CAROLINA
@ WASHINGTON

Green Bay's is:

@ ST. LOUIS
@ CHICAGO
DETROIT

I think we can both agree that Philly, Carolina, and Washington are better than St. Louis, Chicago, and Detroit. Dallas is better than Philly, Carolina, and Washington, so of course there's little chance Dallas will lose, but if either Green Bay or Dallas is going to lose a game from here on out, I'd say Dallas has the better chance of losing.

Having said that, though - I expect to be playing in Dallas in the conference championship.

A couple things to consider:

Green Bay will be healthier. That'll make a difference.

Brett Favre, although he's winless in Dallas and started that game off bad, don't count on a repeat performance if they meet again. He'll show up and do better.

Experience. Remember, Green Bay is the youngest team in the league, I believe. Before that Dallas game, what BIG game has that team been in with that group of guys? None that I can think of. Outside of the main guys, a lot of those guys weren't there during their last playoff appearance. So they do have a big game under their belt now. Dallas had the game against New England before that.

I'm not saying this stuff guarantees a win by any means, but it will be a different game.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Novus, something you and the Packers had both better keep in mind is that the Bears will most likely be playing for a Wild Card spot in the NFC... They already beat ya'll once, so, I'd advise them to approach the game with caution... The other two games that GB have left they should win without much resistence.

For Dallas, I have to tell you that the game that concerns me is the one against the Redskins... The Redskins, much like the Lions, have always beeen a headache for Dallas, regardless of statistics, records or where the game is. The Redskins almost beat Dallas, albeit, it was another one of those games where it seemed Dallas was half stepping, in Dallas. Next time we play in Washington, not fun...:shk:

[edit on 11-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

I'm not saying this stuff guarantees a win by any means, but it will be a different game.

Certainly, the playoffs are always different. One thing that Dallas won't be able to do in a repeat game is become complacent, a problem Dallas seems to continuously have...:shk: I look for Green Bay, if there is a repeat game, to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Dallas... We'll just have to wait and see, my friend. I suspect it'll be another good one.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm from Seattle...

Still have nightmares from years back when the Hasselbeck said "we want the ball and we're gonna score." And then he threw a TD returned for touchdown on the first play.

Could the Packers and the Hawks meet again this year?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

If Seattle gets past the first round they could... I just don't really even see Seattle in the discussion with the likes of Dallas and Green Bay.. I could be wrong

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I just don't really even see Seattle in the discussion with the likes of Dallas and Green Bay.. I could be wrong

If you're wrong then I'm wrong too, because I don't see anyone in the NFC in the discussion with Dallas and Green Bay. After the four division leaders/winners (SEA, TB, GB, DAL), I don't know if there's any true playoff teams in the NFC. Of course, two will get in, but I think that may be because the NFC is pretty bad after those four.

Having said that, though, even though Seattle and Tampa are playoff caliber teams, they're on a second level from Dallas and Green Bay.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I haven't been hearing much in media about Favre getting close to breaking Marino's yards record. Outside of Favre, only Elway is within 10,000 yards of the record, and Elway is just barely within 10,000 (9,886 to be exact).

But Favre is 184 yards away from breaking it.

Am I the only one that thinks this is major? Or is it just because of this Mitchell Report thing?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The defense needs to pick it up. Hopefully this is just another game where they pick it up in the second half.

Also - Favre is 50 yards away from breaking it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Yeah, this record has received no attention whatsoever. The only time I hear of it is when you are alerting us on how close he is. It was mentioned a few times today though, for the first time.. and they were all saying that they thought this is one record that Brett wouldn't surpass. At the beginning of the year, it was said that he would probably topple the TD record, but wouldn't get the passing yards.

I'm just getting in from work and only caught a minute or two of the game.

How we playing? I hate the thought of us being in a dome.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's been kind of a flat game for both teams. Favre threw a pick to end the half. Bigby has two picks. Favre's playing oaky, but they just can't close the deal. They stopped running it about half way through the first half. I'm going to have to leave my house midway through the fourth, so I would really like to see them up by thirteen.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Musky]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

1 more yard!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join