It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Conference Live on CNN right now!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I personally do believe it was a test to see if the American people are ready to learn that they are not alone in the universe. And depending on how people react or dont react they will go from there, maybe having aliens on talk shows so that we can get to know them better? And I sure hope that the aliens in the US have their green cards and are paying their fair share of taxes.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TelosWhy do they even invite that guy to the show? Is completely ridiculous and stupid.

Because they have to keep their 'main stream' audience LOL

Just be happy that it has already made it this far and look at my signature

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It has made the Canadian MSM. From the www.theglobeandmail.com.... That's the only one running it so far. I wonder who else will pick this up?

Oh the BBC. also. Thats good. If a enough news stations pick this up, maybe it will have to be addressed instead of ignored. This could get interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well I missed it, but I'll watch it later when I get the chance. Well at least it's on mainstream media now and maybe more people will get interested in the ufo phenomenon. That magnet thing is kinda cool. Makes you wonder about magnetics and antigravity. This whole universe is magnetic so if you use it the right way, I could see us flying craft with it. But anyway, I'll wait and see what's next in line with ufo's.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TelosWhy do they even invite that guy to the show? Is completely ridiculous and stupid.

Because they have to keep their 'main stream' audience LOL

Just be happy that it has already made it this far and look at my signature

LOL !!!

Actually I forgot to add something. I want to ask John Lear ( I hope he is reading this thread) how accurate is the coment that the sceptic made about the pilots being the worst observers? IMO they are the most trained people for that task...

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Telos]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TelosIMO they are the most trained people for that task...

You obviously haven't read that report that NASA has been trying to delete and bury...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wasn't this topic in the mainstream media once before? Back in the 50's and 60's? I believe they're going to bring it up again to once and for all burn this into everyone's head that people who claim UFOs and extraterrestrials have been visiting us are absolute nuts. This is a new generation, after all, so the government needs to try their little game again to keep people from thinking outside the box.

I hope that isn't the case, but then again, I really have no reason to believe that anything good will come from this.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Impreza]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammermanI'll even be so bold as to put one of my concepts out there...

It's a permanent magnet V-gate motor/generator. One or more series magnets in the figure of a V with all north faces on one side of the V North and the other South. The stators are reversed to pull the rotor around towards the strongest point of attraction (the mouth of the V) I've done successful tests with the linear model of this but I'm not certain if it will fly in a rotor fashion... Here's an animation of what it looks like...

Looks like a SEG John Searle's device...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

www.searleffect.com...

www.sisrc.com...

www.searlsolution.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Check this out! At the bottom of "The Stars Online" article it says:

"Since the termination of Project Blue Book, nothing has occurred that would support a resumption of UFO investigations," the Air Force said on its Web site.

The Star

Of course this is really not a surprise at all, we are all kinda expecting something like this.

However, I have looked and cannot find any comments like this on the Airforce website. Anybody want to help me find where they are saying this.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is being talked about all over, check it out:

Yahoo story

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Looks like it made Reuters as a headline. Hopefully this keeps going

Reuters

Oops, Twiggie you beat me to it

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Watcher777]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

"Since the termination of Project Blue Book, nothing has occurred that would support a resumption of UFO investigations," the Air Force said on its Web site.

If this statement is true then we can rule out the false flag option and we can assume that they are going to be sticking to their guns about denying the truth to the public. However it does not change the fact that this has gotten a whole lot more exposure, the media will now take this a little more seriously and hopefully puts more pressure on the powers that be.

I have looked on Airforce.com, Airforce.mil and the Airforce times website and did not find this statement anywhere. Maybe this is a statement that they have had before but took it down since all of this?

If we do not find it maybe we should send Reuters an email asking what their source is or how they came to get that quote.

[edit on 11/12/07 by housegroove23]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It has been picked up by one of the major papers in Australia.

The Age

The home page of the site currently has a big picture link to the article as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It would be crazy if there was a huge sighting sometime this week. With all the recent talk of UFOs in the mainstream they would surely investigate if the sighting was big enough.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It also made the CTV National evening news in Canada. I am someone else who feels the X-Files music, the fact that it was the last story, and the trite human interest-yness of its presentation here was disappointing. The anchor didn't laugh or anything but he didn't have to with the woman's presentation.

As someone else said we go looking for this kind of information, but others need to be punched in the face with it. Perhaps some discerning individuals out there will be able to see past all that, and this little eye-opener will nudge them into looking into the subject a little further.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Originally posted by Telos

Actually I forgot to add something. I want to ask John Lear ( I hope he is reading this thread) how accurate is the coment that the sceptic made about the pilots being the worst observers? IMO they are the most trained people for that task...

Thanks for the post Telos. Pilots are excellent observers. Last night I had 4 of them over for a few beers including Mark Sherman who had his F-104 (the one I flew) on display at the Nellis Air Show. I heard some pretty wild stories about UFO's sightings but all were adament that they would never report anything like that, ever, to ATC.

Night is the best time for seengs UFO's but unfortunately a pilots eyes are adapted to looking at the well lit instruments and not outside. Cockpit designers have done their best in recent years to shielding the instruments from reflecting on the windshields but there is always something reflecting in front and on the side windows.

Pilots don't usually spend their time looking outside at night for UFO's. Usually they are asleep.
However, if something does catch their attention it is very difficult, especially in todays large cockpits to press your face against the windshield while shielding all of the reflections with your hands or a magazine (Better Homes & Gardens). The reason for this is the slope or angle of the windshield.

A few years ago a cargo Boeing 747 was headed west just past Chicago when the crew noticed a very bright light headed straight towards them. When it got about a half mile directly in front it made a right angle turn to the north at extremely high speed and disappeared in the distance.

The crew was stunned and nobody spoke for a few minutes. Then the co-pilot, known for his dry wit said, "Now theres something you don't see every day."

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is it I think, the turning point. Everyone hold onto your hats I think we're about to have liftoff
Could be wrong though =/

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I have some thoughts I'd like to chime in here with.

I think we might actually be seeing the monolithic boulder of old paradigms begin to slowly start rolling towards a dawn of change, and this is why I think this so:

The power of the internet simply blindsided the powers that be. They can't silence the voices of millions world-wide. Sure, the signal to noise ratio out there is appalling to say the least, but the little nuggets of truth truly shine louder than any anecdotal recollection of my friend's Uncle Bob.

Out of the blue, official documentation regarding the Malmstrom event, open documentation about Tesla, Moray and Faraday, open forums discussing alternative energy devices - all these things were, or would be varitable urban legends back when I was in school.

Even if there aren't aliens, there are most certainly UFOs. And this means we have access to technology that mitigates conventional warfare. The virtue of this fact renders talk of aliens academic. We have the tech.

And that's what matters. It's getting harder and harder for people to buy into the lie that we need oil and that we should be afraid of terrorists when we have the technical capabilities of frying them in their boots where they stand - regardless of whether ET gave us the tech or we developed it ourselves.

They can't silence everyone, they can't censor wikipedia, and they can't force NDA's on every forum.

And that scares the hell out of them.

Give it time. It's happening.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Looks like it made Reuters as a headline. Hopefully this keeps going

Reuters

Oops, Twiggie you beat me to it

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Watcher777]

Also very cool that its now on the "Most popular articles" list as #1. It very much shows that people are very interested in this.

Originally posted by The Coward
I don't understand this ATS Board? First they curse the Main Media of not giving UFOs and ETs the proper attention they deserve, and now it is the total opposite.

No, we just look behind what is being presented, like we do with any source. The mass media is not any more credible than other sources. In fact, its probably one of the least credible sources since its so controlled.

But of course its nice that its in the mass media because of the number of people its reaching, and I hope it raises awareness of the issue.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It just hit the Yahoo main page under news...

This is getting major media attention...

unfortunatly there is a sobering reality to all of this, if CNN covers it it must mean they are coming, and if Werner von Braun is right, we might face a staged invasion by Alien Reproduction Vehicles (Triangles like the TR-3B? or maybe saucer?) and EBE clones...

This is ofcourse all hearsay and if any contact is imminent, then I hope it will be a peaceful event and not a staged attack like many fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join