It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Conference Live on CNN right now!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
hello,

I run a press shop here in belgium. I have the major newspapers from the surrounding coutrys, but not a single word on this. I checked the belgian (flemish and wallonian), dutch, german and french newspapers not one word on this topic. I hoped atleast the belgian newspapers where gonna say something because of the belgian general Wilfred De Brouwer in the panel and the fact the 1989 incident in wich he was involved, enjoyed a lot of media coverage.
www.ufoevidence.org...
check this link for more info on it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yes, I would agree so much with guavas!
At least this seems like step closer to disclosure from those big 'shadow guys' at the top. Most likely they still don't want to get it going but are getting more and more preasure from UFO believers.

Also it's interesting what John Lear would think about the perspective of such breakthrough in American mass broadcast? Could we think of it as serious move to disclose or maybe it's just a temporary pre-election compain or something else?

I'm also trying to put more information for Lithuanian researches and intersted in the field. Thanks to all news, links and impressions on ATS!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
as we get closer to the Mayan due date the world is beginning to open their eyes.

In regards to disclosure, i would have to call this smoke and mirrors.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm up early watching the rerun- 4:00AM Paific Time
Over now?

[edit on 13-11-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

There was this BBC article this morning, doesn't seem all that promising...

The panel has called on the US military to re-open an investigation dormant since 1969, called Project Blue Book, in which more than 12,500 UFO claims were investigated by the Air Force.

For now, it seems their pleas have fallen on deaf ears - the US Air Force says nothing has changed that would support a resumption of the investigation.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
At this point, a day after the press conference, I thought the most important point made to the general public was the fact conference highlights were and and are still being aired by such mega-TV News Networks as CNN and CNN.com.

CNN just reported on air, their vote tabulation as to the age-old question Do You Believe IN UFOs?.
To my surprise the present response is at 87 % in the Yes category. Seems to me, that's up from 72% a year ago. Non-Scientific but interesting just the same.

There is a caution I feel though, belief in seeing UFOs does not necessarily mean the voter is referring to Extraterrestrial vehicles.

Another ongoing CNN poll asking if you believe UFOs are Extraterrestrial, Secret Military or Weather phenomena was running at:
27%, 33% and 40% respectively moments ago.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Another ongoing CNN poll asking if you believe UFOs are Extraterrestrial, Secret Military or Weather phenomena was running at:
27%, 33% and 40% respectively moments ago.

40% believe its weather phenomena?

Well, to their defense, I dont think they have looked into UFO's and their history.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
as we get closer to the Mayan due date the world is beginning to open their eyes.

They have to, because after 2012 they will appear anyway...

IMO of course

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Thanks for the post Telos. Pilots are excellent observers. Last night I had 4 of them over for a few beers including Mark Sherman who had his F-104 (the one I flew) on display at the Nellis Air Show. I heard some pretty wild stories about UFO's sightings but all were adament that they would never report anything like that, ever, to ATC.

Thank you very much John.

Actually I thought so
Is like in every field. Specialized people have the best expertise. Claiming that a pilot observation is futile to me is just a poor attempt to divert the truth. Don't know if the sceptic guy objectiv is to disinform or coz he really belives so. Anyway IMO the weel has started to roll...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've been following the Kecksburg case, but it didn't come out at the conference at all. I saw that Leslie Kean was the person that set it up, but we didn't see her or hear about the Kecksburg case that NASA wants to bury.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's a brief "Wolf" report on yesterday's conference:

I'm searching, in vain so far, for a link to the entire 11/12 news conference in Washington - anyone find a link to the whole thing yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

As usual, I always appreciate reading your posts, John. Just to clarify on something you siad in the previous page:

by John Lear
Pilots are excellent observers...I heard some pretty wild stories about UFO's sightings but all were adament that they would never report anything like that, ever, to ATC.

Absolutely correct. And not only the military pilots. Having worked for several airlines, I can attest to this identical sentiment by commercial pilots as well. Of the several I shared true stories with - not one made an official report of any kind, and most were very careful to keep the "chatter" to a minimum during the event (and after) as well. The reason was always the same: They loved flying and would never jeopardize their careers - or even risk slowing them down slightly - by getting mired in endless debriefings, psychological examinations, censorship, and worse by opening their mouths.

by John Lear
Pilots don't usually spend their time looking outside at night for UFO's. Usually they are asleep. However, if something does catch their attention it is very difficult, especially in todays large cockpits to press your face against the windshield while shielding all of the reflections with your hands or a magazine ...

Yes, but this is true for most large commercial and military transport aircraft only. When flying my small private plane, especially the 2-seater, it feels like you're sitting in a subcompact car, and you can't help but press your face against the windows. And, with no licensed co-pilot, falling asleep is definitely not an option, even with an autopilot engaged.

Having said that, most general aviation pilots do little night flying (some, just enough to keep current), so the number of eyeballs on the night sky at altitude are much fewer than in the commercial/military sector.

Nevertheless, I'm wondering if a general survey, anonymity permitted, would yield a bit more UFO revelations from our legions of 'trained observers' - whether they are commercial/military or general aviation. Now THAT would be a study I'd like to see happen...

Do you think more pilots would admit what they've seen, John, if they would be guaranteed anonymity?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is the CNN debate if anyone is interested.

CNN: Are UFOs Real?

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Has anybody found a the whole conference yet?
I missed the live version yesterday.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

about 60% the people are incapable of rational thought,just look at their political voting record for the last century.

the know only what they are told,they cant make independent judgements.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

about 60% the people are incapable of rational thought,just look at their political voting record for the last century.
the know only what they are told,they cant make independent judgements.

That is why we need more of these press conferences. Keep it in the publics face. Make them think outside of the box they were taught to think in.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

we need nothing short of a new enlightenment,

people need to question all they believe,perhaps when the economies slip....

.....they wont be able to afford the trinkets that distract them.

most of all they must learn the truth about how their governments have been treating them.

but how do you get em out of the office?,the gym?,their comfort zone??.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomvideo

That's the Larry King show of a couple nights earlier. What we're looking for is a video of the News Conference of Monday, 11/12.

Thanks...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wierdalienshiznit
but how do you get em out of the office?,the gym?,their comfort zone??.

You take the information to their comfort zone. Don't wait for them. Many of us work in offices, bring it up at the office or other work place. Splash it on TV as much as possible, not just every six months. Make it a weekly and then a daily story.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Surprisingly, the UFO Conference did not mention the Phoenix lights returning almost exactly 10 years from the first time they appeared. This would have solidified the ex-governor's story that much more.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join