It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Leak: Cheney's Plan for Iran Attack Starts With Israeli Missile Strike

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Der Spiegel could be considered left leaning, but their credibility is rock solid and if they say they have a leaked memo you can bet they have it and are 100% sure of the source.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Thanks, I'd looked and found a fair bit of bashing about the source, along with the good reviews, but I suppose you have to expect that with any news source.

This makes the story much more likely to have credibility then.

[edit on 26/10/2007 by budski]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Op/Ed piece.
No sources cited.
Meaningless drivel.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wow, looks like we are almost there. Just a little nudge and the stuff is just going to roll down hill.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

wow,
that was a very forthright view.
Would you care to elaborate on what constitutes a good source in your opinion.

Besides, do you really expect them to name the guy who leaked it?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well Rasputin, you're right, it would take Iran's help as well to bring about WWIII. However, I'm in favor of them advancing their country with nuclear technology, this however does not mean nuclear weapons. I'm sure they can get those, or already have them if they are as good a friends with Russia as this post suggests.

reply to post by Rasputin13

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I find this really funny that so many people think that anyone close to the VP would leak this info. Those people get hired because they can be trusted, not because they will leak info when they feel like, unless...

They would leak it if they wanted to see how Iran reacts, the public reaction won't matter as much. Most have no idea of what goes on when news like this is released so take a look behind the curtain and don't pay attention to what is actually said. If a single news article can put an entire country in high alert don't you think that would be good to know about? You can start to break people down without every leaving your office.

Knowing how your enemy will react is a very basic principle. I'm sure that went right over some of your heads since you don't care about the other possible reasons behind this since you already think that Cheney is a war monger and that is good enough to satisfy you.

Since this comes from one source and doesn't name anyone how does that rank on your reliability scale? It's a zero on mine. I can think of reasons that this story would be put out, and I listed one of them above, but most of the people who replied think otherwise.

I am glad to read replies from those who see this as nothing more then a story to make waves and nothing else. I won't even start on the discussion on who would plan this since that will only lead to more armchair generals posting ideas. For the few that will read this and actually know the planning process, I join you in the laughter that is surely going on.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have to agree with the guy that was talking about China being a player in this theater. Iran is in the SCO (other notable members are the stans Russia and China). The SCO is similar to NATO except not affiliated in any way, and involving countries that want nothing to do with NATO.

China has paid Iran 900 billion$ for LNG that is to be delivered by 2009. Not all has been delivered, but it has been paid for. If we bomb Iran and China is left in the dark without their money or their gas, you can kiss the dollar bye bye. You can kiss it bye bye anyway, but it will be much quicker with the Iran strike.

So anyway the "Nuclear dollar option" that has been discussed in regards to China pulling the rug out from under us economically, I think has relevance here.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
One thing you do not get to hear much on the news, the problem with chinas links to Russia and Iran.

China needs oil they are becoming the largest nation with oil needs in the world and they are just behind US and very soon to surpass US.

Iran supplies China with oil, China will never, ever sanction Iran because US wants them too because they can not stop their supplier of oil.

As simple as that.

This link will tell how much is US and China in bed together, at least corporate America.

CHINA THREATENS TO CRIPPLE U.S. ECONOMY

www.economyincrisis.org...

[edit on 26-10-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I would suggest that china has more to lose.
The GDP is a good performance indicator of a nation.
Here
we can see that the US has a GDP of 43,223, china on the other hand has a GDP of 7,722.
So it can be seen quite easily that the US can put her power to work anytime she wants - the US is not dependant on china, rather the reverse is true.

The CIA version is complete for most countries for 2006 in the link provided in this post.

China has such a low GDP because she has over 1 thousand million citizens.

That's an awful lot of hungry people,and that means revolution.

They don't want that, so they will not go anything that will upset the delicate balance of their economy.

Bottom line is, war is more expensive than peace, and china can't afford a war - she can barely afford the current peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Remember that the GDP was never to be trusted, specially when in our nation we have an outrageous trade deficit, China holds now over 400 billions of our debt and 1.3 trillion of currency reserves.

Can Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Figures be Trusted?

www.californiachronicle.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

with all due respect marg, I think you may be overlooking some critical factors,
here and here - I know it's a lot, but you have to look at the population difference.

Does the US have a grubbing peasant population?

China does.

great link by the way - really showed the inherent danger of relying on only one method

On a side note, has anybody read "Wild Swans"?
u2u me if you have thoughts on this book.

[edit on 26/10/2007 by budski]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Remember that our nation is losing its best home base jobs to oursourcing, perhaps we do not have a pesant population like you said but the American worker high pay jobs has been replace by service ones.

Occurs I am not going to derail the thread topic but we had discussed Americas economy in many other threads.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

because of the huge population difference, it skews the picture slightly - the US has a far mightier economy because she is allied to Europe - china cannot take on the combined economies.
And Europe is too closely tied to the US money markets (and vice versa) to allow it to happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't care what Cheney thinks, feels, writes.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that they will go through with convincing Israel to create the conflict so the US can jump in. With all the conspiracy of the Twin Towers and Bush giving the US to the UN without public approval put me over the edge. The fact that Bush signed a contract with a group of people and when sources that found out, spoke out, and asked what the contract refused to say what it was...a week or less later we were hit.

They continue to say the war is for against terrorism and to create peace, but they contradict such claims with this type of strategy. When is convincing a country to bomb another "peaceful?" You can't prevent evil by doing evil, the human race will never be for peace unless we have outside help.

We need to just get out of the middle east and stop interfering. We've taken out Saddam(RIP) and Osama may be dead, we should put more into negotiation than raids or invasions. I know it's gonna be 5 years of bad, lots of lives will be lost...but I can't wait until the killing stops.

good luck to you all, be well and happy

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
All the Gulf States would welcome an Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear and military facilities. They all fear a powerful Iran with fanatical leaders. They woudn't do jack, Iran is their biggest threat.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by mad scientist]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Information dosen't just "leak" out of that level of government. Anybody who has gone through a Federal security check will tell you that. Information that "leaks" out of the White House is meant to "leak". If you jump on a "leak" and start ranting about it like it is something new, well... you fill in the blanks. Why "leak" this bit of information anyway? Everyone and their dog knows that we will back Israel. So what is the purpose of this "leak"? Even if it is a true "leak" what difference dose it make? You will have those who believe it and start filling up the posting sites with whatever and then those who will go off about how it is a bunch of nonsense. So what's the point? To me the point is to cause conflict in America. The only way that the United States of America will ever fall is from the inside out. What better way than to cause strife and contention? What better way to break the "UNITED" in the United States of America? I'm sure that's what OUR forefathers would have loved to see. So once again, what is the real point of this "leak"?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I don't think this kind of thing "leaking" is any thing other than "by design". It is spoon feeding the public the concept.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
All the Gulf States would welcome an Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear and military facilities. They all fear a powerful Iran with fanatical leaders. They woudn't do jack, Iran is their biggest threat.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by mad scientist]

Interesting point of view. Iran's a potential mega-regional power (moola) but, I do wonder if their faces aren't still buried in the sand? I mean, can their gov/Muslim top bananas see that far ahead -- nuclear weapons are past, what Country needs to destroy habitation areas for centuries? *Probably the only area I feel Mr Bush's thoughts are accurate?

Dallas

* = edit

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Dallas]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join