It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Love About the USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another thing I love about the USA is that we the people have the power to change what's wrong with it! If only more people would participate!!!!

And another thing that someone else mentioned I totally agree with: After the 2000 election, it made me proud that although it was a big mess, we did go on to have a peaceful transfer of power. It could've gotten crazy. But it didn't. So many countries in the world are ruled by the gun, without question. It's not like that here and I'm proud of that.

One more thing, I'm thankful to live here because I feel very safe here. There are places in every state I wouldn't hang out in at after dark, but just the same, relatively speaking, I feel very safe. And if my safety quotient goes down, I can purchase a registered firearm to protect myself and those I love. It's nice to know.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok, back to continue my post.

Another thing I love about this country: The freedom of religion. The freedom to practice any religion we choose to, from Christianity to Satinism. Any religion, and we are allowed to follow those aspects of our religion, even if they violate the law.

I love the fact that we can walk down our streets, generally, and not have to fear for our lives, worried soldiers may shoot us, or the police will drive by and take us out. I love our sense of security.

I love our diversity. We have peoples from every nation on earth. And they work together to form the glue which keeps our great nation together.

I love the fact that we have every climate in the world within our borders. We have polar weather in Alaska, we've got equatorial weather in Hawii, we've got deserts, forests, mountains, swamplands, rivers, lakes, plains, and hills. And our people live in all of them, increasing our diversity while still bringing us closer together.

I love the love Americans have for one another, even if they don't always like eachother. When there is a major crisis, we cease the bickering and pull together. As Admiral Yamamoto said, "I fear we have awoken a sleeping giant, and filled it with a terrible resolve."

I love the determination of Americans. When we put our minds to do something, we do it. We developed the Jeep because we put our minds to it. We connected the country with railroads because we put our minds to it. We went to the moon (this isn't a hoax thread, we'll talk in one of the 36,000 moon landing faked threads
) because we wanted to.

I love how much America and Americans cherish human life. Though we know there can and will be sacrifices in conflicts such as the Gulf Wars, Vietnam, World Wars, Korea, etc. we still morn for those we lost. Not just the families, but the entire nation.

I love America's universal education. Every man and woman, regardless of creed or race, is entitled to education.

I love the incredible amount of foodstuffs in America. America has the highest potential of any country in the world to produce food, and there are so many different ways we prepare it! You can walk down the street in Chicago, and see one vender selling corn dogs across the street from a prestigious French resteraunt which is next door to a Burger King, which is next door from a Chinese resteraunt, which is across the street from a Greek resteraunt.

I love the fact that we can criticize our government, our president, our judges, our congressmen, etc. and not worry about some secret police force coming to our door and taking us away for torture or execution...Which brings me to my next point:

I love the fact that torture is outlawed for ALL crimes. There is nothing you can do in America, from running a red light to trying to start a revolution, which will get you tortured in this great nation.

And finally, because I have to get to work now (I could keep going!
), I love the fact that you can hate this great nation, and the government will do nothing to you.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The number one reason my dream was to come here from canada was because of the warmer climate down south.

And since i'm not down there, far from actually, i've learned to love the free market system you have.
we have it too, but it's not as good.

Also, I love the people.

I would say the beauty of the country x beautiful people make it an awesome place to live.

Oh yeah, and I love applebee's, super k mart, meijers, and borders.

awesome!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Another thing I love about the USA is that we the people have the power to change what's wrong with it! If only more people would participate!!!!

And this exactly reflects a post that I made, that even if certain laws are enacted IE Patriot Act etc, the people of the US, will put up with it .The american people will put up with a lot of CRAP, before they say "Hey we need a change, this ain't working"
And that is the beauty of this country...when the crap gets to stinky, we normally clean house and start anew....

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Junglejake - very well said. I do appreciate your comments. As well as everyone else's.

There's truly so much to be thankful for here. So much.

To all the new immigrants - I just want to say - welcome to America! I hope you find this land to be generous and bountiful. I hope all your dreams and aspirations come true and you find all the happiness you deserve.

Did ya'll know, our founding fathers even gave us the right (in the constitution) to throw out our current constitution and government if we believed it was hopelessly corrupt and not working? It's true! So, we even have that right. The right to start over again fresh and new. That is pretty amazing.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

God Bless America!!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

God Bless America!!

Sweet!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for maintaining a peaceful decorum and civility in discussing this topic.

The last time a discussion like this took place....it quickly became somewhat derailed and heated.

Thanks again.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I love america because its my home

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for maintaining a peaceful decorum and civility in discussing this topic.

The last time a discussion like this took place....it quickly became somewhat derailed and heated.

Thanks again.

regards
seekerof

I second that, Seekerof.

'Cept ya didn't tell us what your thoughts are on that..

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm Canadian. What I love most about the USA is that it is filled with Americans. All politics and other stuff aside, there is no nationality that I would rather party with in good times and fight beside in bad times. Like the big brother they are (no pun intended) they are confounding, perplexing, annoying at times, but a most remarkable people on an individual level. I love them

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey, Deevee, what ya doing tonight? Wanna party?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
" What Do You Love About the USA? "

1) The Constitution.
2) The Bill Of Rights.
3) The US Flag ( May be it's childish, but I don't mind. I JUST LOVE IT
)

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I love america, too, yall!!!

I love being able to wake up at 3 o'clock in the morning and get a belgian waffle covered in strawberries and whipped cream.

I love being a Hoosier!

I love that we believe we are the best at everything!

I love Ford Trucks...I love my Ford Truck!

I love Hiphop and all the music we created from jazz to country to rock 'n roll...that's right we create over here!

And, I love being able to buy bootleg movies in the liquor store parking lot (shhh don't tell nobody).

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey, Deevee, what ya doing tonight? Wanna party?

Love to, unfortunately its colder there than it is here
BTW Chi-Town is the best party

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by deevee]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I love USA because being a conservative there is still not a crime like it is in many other parts of the world.

That is what freedom is all about!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We may hate each other,
fight each other,
scream at each other,
walk around on Cops with our nasty hairy no-shirtedness (I made that word up... hehe),
stomp our feet and punch pillows.

The minute something happens, we remember what is truely important.

We are humans, and unfortunatly it takes drastic things for us to get back to that, but it's still there.

We would have to be rooted out with a fine tooth comb if anyone wants our land baby!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'll raise my glass in toast to all the comments above.

I forgot to mention I love America espeshly for Marlboros, Bud Light and Waffle House: Best damn steak and eggs in the world!
24/7, 365! Where else can ya get that? Nowhur!

I'm out.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh forget it. Here's the link, look at the pic yourselves.

www.snopes.com...

See? We have people who will do this to their farms!

...What the?

Aaargh, the preview looks right!

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by junglejake]

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I love America because I can meet weird people in the streets. There's a lot of weird people here, that's what I like about it. I love people with extremely weird behaviors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join