What Do You Love About the USA?

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love America because we have more freedom than everyone thinks. The people that think we don't have that much freedom are the one's that haven't visited other countries to see what it's like. I say that, but I myself have not been to other countries, I have just heard the stories.




posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I'll raise my glass in toast to all the comments above.

I forgot to mention I love America espeshly for Marlboros, Bud Light and Waffle House: Best damn steak and eggs in the world!
24/7, 365! Where else can ya get that? Nowhur!

I'm out.


lol I worked at the Waffle House as a cook while in High School



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I love the fact that i can declare 'I'm a commie!', and start my own party, without threat of arrest.

I love the fact that I can declare, 'I'm a Nazi!', and start my own party, without threat of arrest.

I love the fact that I can start a church based on any belief I have, without being arrested.

I love the fact when politicians are voted out of office, they do so peaceably, without trying to start a coup.

I love the fact that I can own a firearm to defend my family.

I love that fact that when I'm arrested, I have access to an attorney.

That is some of the reasons I love this country.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i love america simply for our justice system... the mere fact that if i commited some awful crime.. rape, murder, etc.. the great taxpayers of the country would still feed me, clothe me, shelter me.. i'd be able to smoke, exercise.. and if i even needed medical attention , i would get it.. i always know that living in my country i can count on it to take care of me.. if i am in dire straights or can't pay for a terrible medical disease, etc.. then, i will commit a crime and be taken care of.. now , that kicks butt! and, i probably wouldn't serve out half of my sentence anyway.. awesome!



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Heres another one that people ought to think about

How many countries can you bitch about so much in public, like a lot of people here, and not have the goon squad busting your door open in the middle of the night.

Try it in one of these other countries every one cries about and see what happens.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Three leters and one word. NFL & Superbowl. I'd work Christmas before Superbowl Sunday.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaitan

Given the media's bias and Hollywoods portrayal of America as a dangerous, "don't stand in one place too long or you'll be shot, gung-ho place, good.


Don't forget that in 2002 35,000 people where killed with guns in america compared to 62 in Japan, 65 in Australia and 68 in Canada.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, I guess that means we're better shots


Also, it goes to show you that our gangs are better then yours



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   


Don't forget that in 2002 35,000 people where killed with guns in america compared to 62 in Japan, 65 in Australia and 68 in Canada.


and other people think they could take us in a war hell these were civilans for gods sake



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hey, we're #2. How many were Amer. up here?



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey, we're #2. How many were Amer. up here?


I'd say about 67



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well, I guess that means we're better shots


Also, it goes to show you that our gangs are better then yours


well actually it means that America has the worst gun control laws in the western world...and it sounds like your proud of this???Why..its not good



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I would like to think you were 2 off.(+)



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   


well actually it means that America has the worst gun control laws in the western world...and it sounds like your proud of this???Why..its not good


Its an american thing you wouldnt understand



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAAFY

Originally posted by Shaitan

Given the media's bias and Hollywoods portrayal of America as a dangerous, "don't stand in one place too long or you'll be shot, gung-ho place, good.


Don't forget that in 2002 35,000 people where killed with guns in america compared to 62 in Japan, 65 in Australia and 68 in Canada.


Rather than look at gun statistics I would look at violent crime overall. I'll be the first to admit that we have a serious gun crime issue here in america. I'll also argue that 95% of those commiting gun crimes are not legally entitled to own a gun. We need to enforce the laws we have on the books not make more laws to ignore.
I have trouble understanding the extreme anti-gun views portrayed by mostly non American members here. It seems to mostly come from the UK, Australia and Canada. Strange how those are the same democratic countries to be disarmed by their own governments over the last century...
Guns are never going to "go away". At least not in America. There is no reason whatsoever to disarm perfectly law abiding citizens. If you can think of a reason I suggest you read the constitution (again?) before replying.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk



well actually it means that America has the worst gun control laws in the western world...and it sounds like your proud of this???Why..its not good


Its an american thing you wouldnt understand


I wouldnt understand what...that your proud of your crappy gun laws...that you and everybody else in your country has the freedom to get shot, because americas percentage of people killed in the countries listed was 99.4%. in other words if you have a 99.4% chance of getting shot if you went to america, instead of 0.6% if you went to Japan, Australia or Canada.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That is your constitution not the rest of the world. In my country,most of the violent crime comes from immigrants from the Carib., and no longer existing European nations. Gun control works. I think that I just convinced 0.00000000000002 of the American population.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   


n other words if you have a 99.4% chance of getting shot if you went to america,


Are you saying you have a 99.4 % chance of getting shot in america?

99 out of every 100 people coming to america will get shot?

I think that is a little bit high



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   


Gun control works


I agree, aim is everything. Keeps us from hitting innocent bystanders during our daily shotouts



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I would think that it would be more likely if the victim & the assaillant came from the same country. People are fighting their wars, keeping their same way of life here, beating the $hit out of their woman, in our area.





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join