It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Love About the USA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
East Coast, I agree wholeheartedly about the indoor plumbing. After 5 years in the Marines I have been intimately aquainted with the negative effects of blue water in Port o Johns, and pit toilets definitely raise my ire. We do live extremely comfortably in this country. I love the International House of Pancakes as well...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
~Freedom.

~The Armed Forces (soon to be a member)

~The Women (well some)

~Fast food.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh well, thread couldn't last. I would just like to point out that about 80% of the gun slayings that happen in America are from arms illegally obtained. So it doesn't matter how much stronger our gun laws are, they will still be obtained illegally.

As for completely banning guns, our second ammendment stipulates we have the right to bear arms. This is #2, right behind freedom of speach. Most Americans feel as strongly about that right as they do their right to free speach. It's probably not going to ever go away.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

n other words if you have a 99.4% chance of getting shot if you went to america,

Are you saying you have a 99.4 % chance of getting shot in america?

99 out of every 100 people coming to america will get shot?

I think that is a little bit high

I'm saying that if you go to america you have a 99.4% higher chance of gettin shot than if you went to japan Australia or Canada.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by RAAFY]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ouch, in Canada, was that a 22 cal. or a 32cal..

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'm to saying that im saying that if you got to america you have a 99.4% higher chance of gettin shot than if you went to japan Australia or Canada.

Doesnt seem to bother the hundreds of thousands of people trying get into this shooting gallery every year.

Yall will never understand our love of guns just like we will never understand your fear of them

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You also have the same chance of hitting powerball for $200 Million. I would love to see the gun death statistic for criminals vs. non criminals. By that I mean drive by's and all other illegal gun users compared to those of us who legally own (and soon carry) firearms.
I like how you said our "crappy gun laws". You need to educate yourself a bit my friend. We have some pretty serious gun laws here! It's NOT like what you see on TV. There are all kinds of background checks done on every legal purchase. It's the illegal purchases we need to put a stop to. As I said before, enforce the laws we have.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sorry Amuk, got to disagree with you here. There are WAY more arms in those countries,still money to be made there. Gun control works. Just because it is in the constitution, of the US., doesen't make it right. More guns= more death.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Fry 2

I agree 100% They seem to think its like the wild wild west and its not even close

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that in 2002 35,000 people where killed with guns in america compared to 62 in Japan, 65 in Australia and 68 in Canada.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRAFFIC DEATHS
USA 46.746 www.nsc.org...
CANADA 5381 www.safety-council.org...
Australia 1591 you get the picture

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

American 1: Yeah, I was driving to the store and someone cut me off, so I shot him.

American 2: Oh, I hate it when that happens! Just the other day Marge and the kids were walking through the mall and this guy bumped into me, so I capped him. Junior got a little excited and shot another passerby with his glock, it was so cute.

American 3: You guys are so tame. Just the other day I bought something from K Mart, and they gave me the wrong change, so I went back in there with my AR-15. Yeah, got a kit to make it automatic and several 50 round clips. It was great.

American 2: Man, I wish I had brought the wife and kids to see that!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Are you comparing acidental deaths with those warrented by the gov.?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm just wonderin... do you really have metal detectors and security gaurds at ur school's...and while where we are talkin about school's how many people got killed by guns at ur schools in the last 5 years?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Sorry Amuk, got to disagree with you here.

Then I'll just have to come up there and shoot your ass off

Would you believe I used take my shotgun to school so I would not have to waste time going home to get it to go hunting after school. Can you imagaine showing up at school with a loaded shotgun today? EVERYBODY in my town has a #load of guns and there might be ONE murder a year and that might or might not involve a gun. You are polite when you know your neighbor is armed to the teeth

The fact that everyone around me is armed to the teeth does not bother me a bit and I HONESTLY do not understand WHY it should bother me if law abiding people are armed. Criminals and psychos should not be armed but Its illegal NOW for them to have them so tell me just how taking MY gun is gonna stop them?

Just remember that guns dont kill people...... I do

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm just wonderin... do you really have metal detectors and security gaurds at ur school's...and while where we are talkin about school's how many people got killed by guns at ur schools in the last 5 years?

In my hometown ....NO and NONE

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No. That is not a practise. We don't have to do that because firearms are not as prevelent.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Kids owning guns is illegal. Gangs get them, criminals get them, and to leave the law abiding citizens unarmed would be terrible. Plus, hunting is one of America's greatest past times.

Now if you assume to make all guns illegal, what happens to the guns owned now? Well, they'd be confiscated. But not the illegal ones. Dang, still have a problem, but now on an epic scale, because the criminals KNOW they won't be shot at.

And if you don't live here, what do you care if we all shoot ourselves silly?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Amuk, why do you train your body the way you do if you don't believe that anyone can carry a gun? My sensei told me to walk away from a knife, if possible, because someone was going to get hurt, and he was right, a gun is even more.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
well i think thats my cue to leave.. do enjoy killing urself..oh and by the way in Australia we do have guns but they are not in every house. we also use them for hunting but our laws make it very tough to get a gun because you cant have a criminal record..not even for drink driving.also wen these laws came in the government had a nation wide buy back scheme..so whatever gun you owned you got payed to give it in to be disposed of.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
intrepid

I train for the joy of training its hard to explain I also carry a .45 that I have trained with that is for protection.
I have used it twice once to keep me and my wife from being robbed or killed and another time to keep a rabid dog from attacking my child. Both times I would defended them with my life anyway the weapon just made it easier.

Question would it have been better to not have a gun in either of these times? Both times there was NO retreat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join