It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Should Move to Canada or Alaska, Ahmadinejad Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I didnt see that anyone had posted this yet so I thought I would. This is the latest words from Iranian president Ahmadinejad. Just another example of Iran antagonizing Isreal.

Millions of Iranians attended rallies across the country in support of Palestinians on Friday. In Tehran, tens of thousands of Iranians marched through the streets in honor of "Al-Quds" (Jerusalem) day, chanting "death to Israel" and "death to the U.S."

External Source

I'm not gonna be one of those people that says that Isreal should bomb Iran or anything, but I do think these guys should find some kind of middle ground. It's hard to even imagine there ever being peace in that region of the world.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I just thought I would add this in also. I see time and again folks expressing that it is our government and thier government that are fighting, not the people. Well I find that hard to agree with when you see a story like this where it says tens of thousands of Iranians rallied the streets chanting and I quote "Death to Isreal" and "Death to the U.S." With things like this going on I do not see how anyone can think we are staging attacks on ourselves. And before someone posts that it is because we are in Iraq or whatever causing this, I submit to you that this is not a new fad. These have been the chants and ideals for a long time before we went there. It is time we stop blaming each other and meet our enemy as a united nation, not a divided one.

*edited for accuracy*

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Aaron_Justin]

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Aaron_Justin]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
. Just another example of Iran antagonizing Isreal.

You could just as easily say that isreal is antagonizing Iran as well as her direct neighbors like Syria with thier latest attack eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It says tens of thousands of people, not millions
And I'd question whether even that is a fair estimate, based on exaggerations we get even in the UK during demonstartions

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well in that case, not that Alaska would be a bad place since it's resourceful and beautiful....Ahmadinejad should move Iran to Pluto...?

[edit on 6-10-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I think Isreal is using the old "The best Defense is a good Offense" with Syria. Imagine being a nation in a region where the rest of the region wanted nothing less than your demise. I for one would want to take actions to assure this could not happen and I think that is exactly what Isreal is doing. I cannot fault them for that.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think we can conclude that Ahmadinejad is insane at this point. Some of his recent statements and actions can only prove he's off his nut.

You can't just move over 7 million people to the other side of the planet, and I know Canada could not absorb that many people. We have the land of course, and so does Alaska, but Canada has a population of 33+ million and wouldn't have the infrastructure in place to handle the influx.

And who would cover the cost of transporting and settling that many people ?
Is Iran going to open their wallets to pay for this ?

Ahmadinejad should be removed from office for the sake of his country.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

But perhaps Iran feels just as threatened? So if Isreal can use preemption AND posses nuclear weapons why can't Iran?

If its good for the goose its good for the gander eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah, that Ahmadinejad, he's a genius!

Why didn't somebody think of moving Israel somewhere else before?

Sounds like a 5 year olds anwer, moving a whole country to the other side of the planet. Doesn't he realize WHY the Jews claim Israel as their homeland!

[edit on 6/10/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
[You could just as easily say that isreal is antagonizing Iran as well as her direct neighbors like Syria with thier latest attack eh?

No you cant, because Israel didn’t attack Iran.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Yes you are right and thinking about it, they will not dare either, I guess they know the tree bark they can scratch their backs with.

BTW I think Texas will be the best place for Israel to move into.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
No you cant, because Israel didn’t attack Iran.

And Iran attacked Israel when?

Israel attacked Syria. They attacked Lebanon. They attacked Iraq. Hell, they even attacked US Navy ships, I believe during the LBJ administration.

It doesn't matter that Iran feels threatened with a $700 billion military to it's northeast in Afghanistan, to it's west in Iraq, and to it's south in the Persian Gulf, does it?

It doesn't matter that this $700 billion military supports a murderous regime in Israel who possess nuclear weapons, even though Iran and everyone else who doesn't submit to our power isn't allowed to have them, does it?

It doesn't matter that they're being threatened on a daily basis. It doesn't matter that they'll be occupied after their infrastructure, their people, and their land are bombed - possibly with nuclear weapons. It doesn't matter that their resources will be stolen, and the survivors oppressed during the occupation.

No. All that matters is that the United States gets to run over whomever they please, and that Israel gets to kill whomever they please, all in the name of national defense, and damn any one else to hell that tries to defend themselves.

Yes, let's all be hypocrites.

Israel has a right to exist, but Palestine, whom Israel stole land from, has no right to exist. That seems right to you?

The Holocaust happened in Germany and Austria. Not Palestine, not Lebanon, not Iraq, not Syria, not Iran, not the Middle East. Nowhere near the Middle East.

So why not have Israel in Germany? Why do we support an occupation of Middle Eastern land, while supporting a murderous regime, when the event that led to the creation of the nation that harbors this murderous regime, didn't even happen in the Middle East?

I wish people would read up on history, and take a closer look at world politics, rather than going by what you learn in your elementary history class, and what FOX News tells you about the world.

Until some of you make a true effort to learn what you're talking about, then don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

Save your biased inaccurate speculative opinions for a pro-war Bush cheerleader website, and keep it off a website where you're supposed to deny ignorance rather than embracing it.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I wish people would read up on history, and take a closer look at world politics, rather than going by what you learn in your elementary history class, and what FOX News tells you about the world.

Until some of you make a true effort to learn what you're talking about, then don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

Save your biased inaccurate speculative opinions for a pro-war Bush cheerleader website, and keep it off a website where you're supposed to deny ignorance rather than embracing it.

All that over my one little sentence? Must be, I am the only one you quoted.

You need to calm down.

You’re at a 10; we need you at like a 6.

And you know where you can stick your assumptions? I am not "pro-war Bush."

I am anti war (any war really) and didnt vote for Pres. Bush.

That said, I do support Israel’s right to exist on that land, and you listed one of the reasons: history.

Remember to breath, bud.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

There is really nothing that can be done about Isreal possessing nuclear weapons at this point, they already have them. In a perfect world, everyone would be responsible enough to have all the technology available; however in the world we live in, sometimes you cannot allow some people to have some things. I think allowing Iran to attain nuclear arms would be the same as giving a mischevious child matches and lighter fluid.

Of course these are my views and I fully understand that not everyone will share it.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You do Iran's PR very well. You paint their picture with a large halo over their country. Please understand I do not beleive that Isreal and the U.S. are saints either; however to say that Iran is threatened regularly without mentioning that they are issuing their own threats regularly, is like telling a joke without the punchline. Your leaving the best part out. The simple truth is that every party involved in the conflict there has blood on their hands.

I feel that Isreal being isolated in that region by all the threat from every direction has made them become as strong as they are.With that being said I lean more towards taking Isreal's side because they are like a little schoolgirl strolling down a dark alley in the middle of the night. The twist is that this schoolgirl just happens to fight like Chuck Norris in Delta Force, even though hes all alone in Vietnam hes kicking butt and taking names.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Nope. Really just my first sentence was because of your sentence. The rest I just went along with.

And nowhere did I single you out and claim that whole thing was directed at you. I was referring to this pro-Israel feeling on this site in general. That is evident when I said "some of you" towards the end.

Israel has no right to be where they are. That is Palestinian land.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I don't think Iran is innocent. I'll say it now if it pleases you - they have issues. Their abuse of women is pathetic. They do release a lot of propaganda. A lot of these appearances in US media that Ahmadinejad makes are PR moves for him and he knows it. I do believe they hate Israel and would wipe them out if given the chance.

But you can't be one sided and biased and only look at it from the US/Israeli stand point.

Their abuse of women, as I said, is pathetic, but it's no reason to start a war. Propaganda is no reason to start a war. His PR moves, even though they're plainly obvious, he still has a right to defend himself when he's being blasted in US media. And you have to look at history and realize why Iran has this hate for Israel in the first place. Israel shouldn't be there, and Israel and the US involve themselves in these nations politics, and threaten them on a regular basis.

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
because they are like a little schoolgirl strolling down a dark alley in the middle of the night. The twist is that this schoolgirl just happens to fight like Chuck Norris in Delta Force, even though hes all alone in Vietnam hes kicking butt and taking names.

That was a very poor, misguided, false, and arrogant analogy, but alright..

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Cav, Isreal rattles the saber better than anyone I think. And yes they did not directly strike Iran, then have made no bones about being willing to stage an Osirak type attack if they want to. Is that not a provacation?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I do agree with you on the point that propaganda is no reason to go to war. I do not wish to see anymore war. It would be great if everyone could come to terms.

On another issue, you say that Isreal does not belong there. I am under the understanding that historically this was their homeland. I have not done a lot of research on the history of Isreal, but I will look it up when I have a little more time.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Look at this image:

I'd be pissed too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join