It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contradiction in the bible

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The image thing seams like a very important ID for us compared to everything else that God created.
If I understand you, we are ID'd in a special way by being similar to God.
I think the whole purpose of creation is for God to have someone like himself, to have a place he can enjoy, and thus God has an aspect of his potential fulfilled.
He has someone He can commune with, on somewhat of an equal level, since Man was meant to be the god of creation, just as God is the god of his spiritual world.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Mmm i am still lost. There is a few things that don't make sense.

1. You say that God has infinite powers. But at the same time you say that God is not energy, but a spirit. How can you explain the connection?

-How can you explain that a "spirit" has powers over pure energy, and at the same time be something else then energy?

2. If God is not pure energy but a spirit:
How can God create Adam in full size from clay and Eve from Adams rib?

In theory this could mean that i can control pure energy just by making a thought?

3. You say God= Love, and that our moral values reflect our image of what God is. I agree with that, But that is just a small portion of the image of God.

Now i want to run this by you again: Genesis1:26 And God said, Let "us" make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness?

This means we are not just created in Gods image or by God alone. But in the image and by the others as well.
Who are the others that God refer to as "us" God is talking to them and asking them. God is coming with a suggestion to create man in our likeness.

I think that this is important to know so we can get the image part right.

Because i don't think that the image is complete by just saying that "we" image Gods love and moral. Because that's leaving out the others. The others can not be the same as God.

Question:

Is God and the others spirits only "men"? Since they only created Adam as a man in the beginning?

It doesn't seam like God and the others had Eve in mind when creating man. Eve was created because God saw that Adam was alone?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
-How can you explain that a "spirit" has powers over pure energy, and at the same time be something else then energy?

you have energy. you are able to work and play. does this mean that you ARE energy? no, you are flesh.

2. If God is not pure energy but a spirit:
How can God create Adam in full size from clay and Eve from Adams rib?

In theory this could mean that i can control pure energy just by making a thought?

try it. didnt work? thats because you cant. god doesnt have such limitations. we are not god so we do.

the actual logistics of god's creation is not completely expressed int he bible. we know he uses holy spirit (his active force) but how that actually does things, honestly we dont know.

3. You say God= Love, and that our moral values reflect our image of what God is. I agree with that, But that is just a small portion of the image of God.

Now i want to run this by you again: Genesis1:26 And God said, Let "us" make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness?

This means we are not just created in Gods image alone. But in the image of the others as well.
Who are the others that God refer to as "us"

I think that this is important to know so we can get the image part right.

Because i don't think that the image is complete by just saying that "we" image Gods love and moral. Because that's leaving out the others. The others can not be the same as God.

"us" is specifically referring to jesus who is called god's "masterworker" in proverbs 8. jesus is also made in god's image. so really then its not 2 separate images but rather simply one.

Question:

Is God and the others spirits only "men"? Since they only created Adam as a man in the beginning?

It doesn't seam like God and the others had Eve in mind when creating man. Eve was created because God saw that Adam was alone?

big subject

god is sexless.

some people suggest that he is both sexes, but that would imply that everything NEEDS 2 sexes. god is complete and whole.

the hint we have is when jesus was asked by the pharisee's about a woman who's husbands died. they asked who would be her husband when she was resurrected. jesus replied that none of them would since they would be like the angels and not able to marry.

it is likely that all spirit creatures are sexless. however the bible often refers to GOD as "father", this is likely because he has fatherlike qualities and that is the easiest way to explain god to humans.

"god's image" cannot be taken too literally. the word for "image" in hebrew actually means "shadow". the verse literally reads, "god filled man with his shadow."

this does not mean that we are gods or immortal or spirit and as people interprete. it simple means that inside, we can have godlike qualities such as freewill, love, sense of justice, sense of wisdom

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

. . .you say that God is not energy, but a spirit.
Oh, come on. E=MC2 means there is a proportional equivalency between energy and matter, so these are all parts of creation. God, being the creator, would be above things. Meaning God is not a thing, so has to be spirit that can exist without a universe with dimensional space.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by spy66

. . .you say that God is not energy, but a spirit.
Oh, come on. E=MC2 means there is a proportional equivalency between energy and matter, so these are all parts of creation. God, being the creator, would be above things. Meaning God is not a thing, so has to be spirit that can exist without a universe with dimensional space.

This doesn't help me in any way. I know that equation better then you might think. It for one means that energy can't be matter in the dimension we know matter, when it travels at the speed of light=C

Try and explain to me how a spirit fits in to that equation that would help.

What infinite power does the spirit have within that equation?

Matter and energy is the same thing. Matter is just energy in a finite state.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

You make things make sense

But there is one thing that i dont agree on. What gives us energy to play is what we are made up by. And we are made up by energy. Even clay is energy. Its just different types of energy pressured together to form a solid finite matter.

We even have to eat and drink energy to have energy

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I am not using the equation to explain what God is, but what God is not.
What is so special about energy that you think God should be made of it?
God is not a substance, that's what spirit is, something not to be measured.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Are any of us a one dimensional being? Or do we each have many facets to our personalities? Even our loving feelings are not one dimensional. The love we have for our families differs widely from the love that we call charity and even wider still from eros.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

I am not using the equation to explain what God is, but what God is not.
What is so special about energy that you think God should be made of it?
God is not a substance, that's what spirit is, something not to be measured.

OK.

But then explain to me the connection between a spirit and energy. The spirit has to have a relation to the energy it shaped creation with.
Which means a spirit must have a connection to energy in some way or another.

Which again would mean it should fit into a equation of energy in some form or another. Because the spirit becomes a force that controls the law of changes in energy so it can create things.

What is the connection between a spirit and energy?

That would give me a clearer whew of things.

Edit:

Got a question.

Who came first energy or God. Or were they both present at the same time always?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

God is not a function of some known substance.
There is no formula to reverse engineer God.
The Son was the representation of God, on the spiritual level of existence. That is a whole level removed from the physical.
So God is at least two levels of existence from anything we can observe in this universe.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

God is not a function of some know substance. There is no formula to reverse engineer God.

God, indeed is not a function of known substance, and is not subject to being reversably engineered; why?
Because God is a creation of the ego. You wanted a God so you bought one, everything is untrue.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

God is not a function of some know substance.
There is no formula to reverse engineer God.
The Son was the representation of God, on the spiritual level of existence. That is a whole level removed from the physical.
So God is at least two levels of existence from anything we can observe in this universe.

I know your right about this. Because i can feel that there is something going on, but that's on a very personal level. But i need to know how it works to really understand whats going on. I have to know how things work to understand what i read.
That's why i bring on these questions that might not seam to popular. Because your whews gives me more knowledge to work with.

I don't want to give up just because i don't understand. That's why i ask a lot about a lot of things.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

But there is one thing that i dont agree on. What gives us energy to play is what we are made up by. And we are made up by energy. Even clay is energy. Its just different types of energy pressured together to form a solid finite matter.

We even have to eat and drink energy to have energy

you probably know better than i.

what i do know is spirit doesnt nessarily = pure energy

how god has infinite energy in a finite universe, i dont know.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

to understand that question, you have to first understand what a spirit is. science even has not yet been able to explain this, so you may be asking a question that is far ahead of its time.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
Because God is a creation of the ego. You wanted a God so you bought one, everything is untrue.

so infinitely powerful "magic man" god is impossible,

but infinitely powerful imagination of man that creates things at will not impossible?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Hi dragon,
I must say the "convenence" of the trinity I have found astounding over the years; astounded because it is just such a ridiculous concept for a monotheistic religion- talk about trying to live in the best of both worlds!
Is the trinity- Yah-Veh, Amen, Jesus or Yeshuah Ben Joseph, Barabba, and bar jesus (Elymis)?
You ask any god fearing Christian to explain the trinity and they come back with a load of rationalized gobble-de-gook; probably ejected from the mouths of priests , pastors and the like; that explaines the old father, son holy spirit Bs.
What happened to I am a Jealous god......blah blah.
Just say 20 hail Marys' and then Amen (Ammon)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

God is not a function of some know substance. There is no formula to reverse engineer God.

God, indeed is not a function of known substance, and is not subject to being reversably engineered; why?

Well we humans cant prove or disprove Gods existence. Most of our arguments lies within our miss interpreted image of who or what God really is.

Things do exist so God is still within the equation of reality until proven otherwise.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Yes within the realms, but alas, still unproven; so how much time can be debating the thous and thou shalt nots of the bible?
The bible is an interesting book, thats about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

to understand that question, you have to first understand what a spirit is. science even has not yet been able to explain this, so you may be asking a question that is far ahead of its time.

Ok.

Spirit: The word "Ruach" comes from the Hebrew meaning "spirit", "wind", "breath", or "air". The Greek equivalent is "pneuma" and the Latin is "spiritus".

Is this Hebrew meaning of spirit just borrowed or misused?

The Bible talks about Gods breath that gave things life. How does this fit in with a spirit?

Breath is pressure meaning physical energy or power. How can a spirit that is not of energy do such a thing?

If you say that a spirit is not of energy you must have a reason to claim that?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Yes within the realms, but alas, still unproven; so how much time can be debating the thous and thou shalt nots of the bible?
The bible is an interesting book, that's about it.

Well what one believes and puts a effort into is quite personal subject. To some the Bible is quite a useful tool in more then one way.

Discussions shouldn't end just because someone cant comprehend the bible. That only means that you haven't put any effort into the book at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join