It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contradiction in the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
1. You shall have no other gods before Me

The first commandment is simple in its wording; there can be no other explanations for what is said or what it means. Yet modern Christianity does not practice monotheism in a pure form. Christianity teaches and preaches the Trinity The belief that the Father[1] the Son[2] and the Holy Spirit[3] are of one God.

This too me is incorrect and a direct violation of the first commandment.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 [KJV]
This is a direct violation of the first commandment. A contradiction.

The Father and Son are clearly separate beings. The Father meaning The God as in You shall have NO other Gods before ME. Then We have the Son of God, that said

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” John 14:1 [KJV]

"If you love me, you will obey what I command.” John 14:15 [KJV]

Again they are separate beings. Separate Gods

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've made a topic like this already but they just won't listen. They throw Bible Verses after Bible Verse to defend their "God" Jesus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Many non Christians have the same problem because they do not understand the doctrine of the trinity

God is one God in 3 different forms
God the Father
God the Son
And God the Holy Spirit

God the father is supream
Jesus and the HS are subordinate to him according to Christian doctrine

In Scripture God call Jesus God
and in John we see---

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

now this veres explains why Christians think the Scriptures
are inspired notice the ''the word''

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

anyway it helps to understand the doctrine

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by agoodshot

Hi agoodshot!

You have quoted Scripture correctly, but some still do not understand the actual meaning of why God came in the form of a man....
Some believe that God is worshiped falsely as three Gods....this not true, but many have been very much misinformed to the actual meaning of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Did God need to do this?
No, He did not, but because man brought on Sin to the whole earth, man was needed to destroy sin ...
No man was found worthy to destroy sin, but God Himself.....

God took upon Himself to be the Suffering Messiah......as the Old Testament prophets foretold of His Crucifixion and sufferings.........

The most vivid and detailed prediction about the sufferings of the Messiah is the prophecy of Isaiah, which occupies one and a half chapters of his book (the end of the 52nd and all of the 53rd). This prophecy contains such details of the sufferings of Christ, that the reader gets the impression that the prophet Isaiah wrote it at the foot of Golgotha, even though, as we know, the prophet Isaiah lived over seven centuries BC. We present here this prophecy.

'' And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors” (Is. 53:1-12).

more here....
helen

EDIT...spelling mistake

[edit on 9/30/2007 by helen670]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Many here do not sadly, but Its like anything the more they hear it
the more they will at least understand the doctrine explained correctly

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by agoodshot

you can't explain the doctrine correctly, it's nonsensical in nature

1=1
3=1
1=3

that doesn't make sense!
especially since characters 2 and 3 only appeared about 2/3rds of the way into the story..

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
no its not, its been explained
you reject it and thats your right but we explained it as scripture does
and that all we can do

many things do not make sense to men

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
In spirit the 3 are one, in the body Jesus came as a man.

On the topic of many gods, you will notice the bible speaks of gods as in things people worship.

So pick anything a person puts above the one true God, and that is what they worship, many people make gods out of money for example. Also many worship(therefore make it their god) demons that live in the lie.

So those worshiping other gods, were simply worshiping nonexistant gods for there is only one real God.

Daniel 5:23
but you have exalted yourself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of His house before you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines have been drinking wine from them; and you have praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which do not see, hear or understand But the God in whose hand are your life-breath and all your ways, you have not glorified

Notice here they even speak of man destroying their gods.

Isaiah 37:18"Truly, O LORD, the kings of Assyria have devastated all the countries and their lands, 19and have cast their gods into the fire, for they were not gods but the work of men's hands, wood and stone So they have destroyed them. 20"Now, O LORD our God, deliver us from his hand that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You alone, LORD, are God."

This shows that the false gods, some worshipped, were not real. Notice that idols and the worshiping of false gods are interchangable.

Revelation 9:20
The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;

This is what I believe, I do not know church doctrine on the subject.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by agoodshot
many things do not make sense to men

so you're ADMITTING that it's nonsensical.
i caught you doing it, don't act like you didn't

if it doesn't make sense to men (and women i'll assume are included in this as well) then it doesn't make sense. we have no other standard of sense to look to.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
People having problems with the Trinity? Never!?! It has only been a drviing force of schism for like... hundreds of years!

If you look at the development of early Christianity from the Nicean creed of the 4th C. and before, you'll note that many sects totally rejected the Trinity idea whilst the main branches of what we now know as Christianity have differing interpretations of it (primarily Catholic orthodox, Eastern and Coptic)... so it is hardly surprising that it is a knotty issue... but it's a bit silly seeing it as some major contradiction in the faith (aside from the fact that the Bible itself is full of them anyhoo)...

Not really earth shattering stuff...

Q

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
19and have cast their gods into the fire, for they were not gods but the work of men's hands, wood and stone So they have destroyed them. Isaiah 37:19

Kind of like the work of men’s hands, pen and paper.

What we have discussed so far to me is a clear contradiction between Christianity from around 400 AD to the present. To argue that Christ, Gods son is also the God of creation is false. I have used scripture to show my point, and others have also used scripture to show there points. Didn’t some one say something about contradiction’s.

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Are Catholics worshipping idols Yes they do. This is a Direct violation of the second commandment. They also show that Christ is dead, crucifix, and not the risen Son of God.

Christendom is considered the largest religion on Earth, yet all the different sects can't even agree on almost any set standard of doctrine. This is a contradiction within the one book they all believe in. You would think that God is perfect and all that, He would have made his book more understandable, and well Perfect, of witch it is far from.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not a christian or anything...

but that premise is deeply flawed for many reasons...

1. 'God' didn't write the Bible... how can it be perfect when Christians acknowledge that man is imperfect and that the Bible is gods word interpreted by man... ergo flawed

2. Catholic idolotry is no new criticism... there was this thing called the reformation...

3. 'Christendom' doesn't exist.. and I'm pretty sure that Islam is actually the most populous religion on Earth at the mo... just on sheer numbers and geography...

and a whole bunch of other stuff...

Q

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
Not a christian or anything...

but that premise is deeply flawed for many reasons...

1. 'God' didn't write the Bible... how can it be perfect when Christians acknowledge that man is imperfect and that the Bible is gods word interpreted by man... ergo flawed

I'm not the one who calls it God's word, Christians do.
You would think it would be more accurate and not the basis for just How many religions and belief sets..

2. Catholic idolotry is no new criticism... there was this thing called the reformation...

Yes and something said about just how imperfect God's word is.

3. 'Christendom' doesn't exist.. and I'm pretty sure that Islam is actually the most populous religion on Earth at the mo... just on sheer numbers and geography...

If you take away Catholicism from Christendom then I agree Islam is by far the largest religion on Earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hi guys, I am afraid I dont have any constructive things to add to this thread, but I just wandered about this whole adam and eve thing. They had a couple of sons and then the earth was populated, does that mean they had sex with their mother?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There can only be one truth. In this matter one must first understand “trinity” and its concept is not nor ever has been from the bible but only the Whore of Babylon (the Vatican). The Whore re-wrote history to remove all Jewishness from the King of the Jews.
What I know to be true is the one and only God the creator of more than 270 worlds of light (Talmud) has left His Son “in charge of that place” (Earth). His Son does His Fathers will, without question. The Son honors His Father and will take no other action than is His Fathers will.
The Son is on His throne of Judgment and waits on a small harvest despite all the rain.
The Son took on the flesh in the normal way as stated in Isaiah, no long line of virgins as spouted by the Whore. He came to us to live as us to understand us and to give guidance as how we should live. He did this because we so disappoint His Father that His Father has busied Himself with the construction of a new world far down a newly added section of “vine” that connects all of His worlds and provides energy to Him. He did this because so few could pass the Heavenly Judgment. So he came to understand our weaknesses through experience as a Rabbi, a teacher of His chosen people. The Creator’s Son is the only way to the Father yet your point is true we should not forget to praise the Father in the highest because to honor Him is too also honor His Son, the Prince, Lion of Judah and Lord of Israel.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
the trinity is just a re packaging of the pagan mysetery religion belief of

the father, the mother, and the child(future, path, growth) whatever

it is not in many of the original documents, it was put in there.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You do not accept the world of the spirit, so you do not understand it or know it. If you did the contridictions you claim would disapear.

Your unbelief is your limitation, and why you do not understand.

As it will lead to another statement that does not take into count the world of the spirit.

When you speak to me, you speak as if you live in a 2d world and want me to explain what up and down is. I understand your perspective, I was their once myself. I gleefully look forward to the day when you look up and join with us, all one, in the body of Christ.

God Bless.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
When you are an old goat herder living in the desert and you have no woman but become inspired to write a holy book after baking many lonely years in the harsh dry hot sun smoking crack hash, How accurate can writings be.

Or maybe you killed some one with a knock to the head in Egypt and wandered the desert for 40 years, than felt the guilt was to much so you write some divine bs down that gets others inspired to read and kill people who refuse your following and belief. By order of your fantasy chief.

Than your mysterious god makes all kinds of statements only you as the divine order, has privilege to know and understand.

Now 2000 years later people are so messed in the head reading this compilation of bs they actually believe something that has no evidence to prove itself as divine truth. No matter how poorly written, contradictory and loose ended.

Perhaps your god would like to comment.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
reply to post by LDragonFire

You do not accept the world of the spirit, so you do not understand it or know it. If you did the contridictions you claim would disapear.

Yes I agree I think its called brainwashing, look around this site I'm sure there are some threads about it. The you must believe and have faith to believe and have faith is not a good argument.

Your unbelief is your limitation, and why you do not understand.

I try to add reason to my beliefs.

As it will lead to another statement that does not take into count the world of the spirit.

When you speak to me, you speak as if you live in a 2d world and want me to explain what up and down is. I understand your perspective, I was their once myself. I gleefully look forward to the day when you look up and join with us, all one, in the body of Christ.

God Bless.

I'm a Former Christian I once believed as you do now, but I was still empty and searching for something more. In your heart you know what I mean, even though you will not reveal this, this is why you have the urge to renew your faith every Sunday.

I believe humans are spiritual by nature, but I also believe All organized religions are false and have hindered humanities real spiritual growth.

I believe the New Age, [as the Christians have labeled them] you know the religions that were ancient long before the old testament are more real. It doesn't help the Bible that it has pagan DNA in it. You would think that God would be capable of having a Clearly Original thought about religious practices, and not just a copy of the old worldwide ways.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by agoodshot
Many non Christians have the same problem because they do not understand the doctrine of the trinity

God is one God in 3 different forms
God the Father
God the Son
And God the Holy Spirit

Sounds to me like its just a sneaky way of covering up polytheism.

Yeah, Christianity is a flawed excuse for an Abrahamic religion. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join