im still one

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
i am a father
i am a son
i am a brother

im still one

Yes but Christianity refers to three entities yet claims them as one...what kind of logic is that?!

[edit on 9/30/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
History lesson:

the word elder is derived from the ancient worship of the Canaanite/Semitic god EL. Those who worshiped him were said to have become ELevated and were known as ELders. They were part of the ELite.

The son of EL was called Hadad - the God of Storms & used interchangeably with the word Yehweh - and given the title of Ba'al, which means "Lord" in hebrew.

In Christianity, Baal is Beelzebub - interchangeable with Satan and The Devil - who was originally the name of a deity worshipped in the Philistine city of Ekron.

JESUS CHRIST, speaking to the Jews in the Gospel of St. John, VIII:44

"Ye are of your father the devil [Hadad, EL, Baal, Yehweh], and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. - then answered the Jews - "

and Mark 11:15

"When they [Jews] came to Jerusalem, Jesus went into the temple courtyard and began to throw out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the moneychangers' tables and the chairs of those who sold pigeons."

Of course, "moneychangers" are jewish bankers.

This all goes back very far.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I can't quote scripture and am not an active member of a church. I believe in God. And that the trinity is not three seperate entities but one. An embodiment. God gave you free will and when it is time He wants you to become part of that embodiment. The reason you believe you have found contradiction in the Bible is a testement to "free will."

I have felt the power of the embodiment and it exists but unfortunetely I don't believe I completely walk in it. Because it comes and goes still.

I believe it is also known that God knows that man could not handle looking at Him. For God is not just something to see in form but in fact...He is the entirity of existance. Mans inability to only believe what is in front of his face and that which he can relate to from his own individual experience has been and is still a struggle for mankind.

But God wants men to come to that which is good so he gave us Jesus in flesh so that we could relate. We are in the time of Christ and we still struggle with bad things. But has it been worse then the days of the Old Testement? Perhaps we will fail Christ too as we seem to have failed God the first time He felt the need to give us Christ. Free will...The Right to Choose...Liberty...Have we strayed too far?

Is it not written..."Do not seek proof of my existance?"

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

You get off to a good start but sway off course with Baal the God of our earthly weather. You’ve missed out on Elohiem originally being the building material of heaven. The angels being Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael the guardians of Ariel or Israel. See all those “els” it means the God of DESTINY because He is the creator of all worlds of light.
In truth Satan was once a general in heaven and when he was booted out he had sex with Eve and gave her his seed that became Cain. Satan than performed a homosexual act on Adam and this got Adam and Eve kicked out of Eden. Adam’s son was Able and later Seth. Jesus was speaking of the descendents of Cain and those with freedom of choice who chose to follow ways of self indulgent gluttony which is the way of Satan. Satan’s mind was clouded and he is gathering the evil forces together that they may more easily be dealt with.
Jesus remarks to give to Caesar those things that are Caesars and to God that which is Gods are a call to Jubilee. By dividing all wealth among themselves and not use Roman coinage or their courts thus turn the other cheek. It was a plan of economic war and the single greatest threat to the survival of the Roman Empire to that date.
Hope that clears things a bit.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Comforter]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 12

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31But eagerly desire[e] the greater gifts.
And now I will show you the most excellent way.
====================================================

Its one spirit of God with different seperations like we are just one connection in the neuron of God's mind so so speak, that is how it sounds like.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Yes but Christianity refers to three entities yet claims them as one...what kind of logic is that?!

Surely Ice, Water and Steam can't be one either! There's just absolutely no way is there?

Would one do Ice and Steam injustice calling it water?

Or

Would one do Water injustice denying the fact that it is also manifested in Ice and Steam?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Why mix words that represeant pysical things up against faith?

What form does the word "think" take shape in?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arloray

I can't quote scripture and am not an active member of a church. I believe in God. And that the trinity is not three seperate entities but one. An embodiment. God gave you free will and when it is time He wants you to become part of that embodiment. The reason you believe you have found contradiction in the Bible is a testement to "free will."

I have felt the power of the embodiment and it exists but unfortunetely I don't believe I completely walk in it. Because it comes and goes still.

I believe it is also known that God knows that man could not handle looking at Him. For God is not just something to see in form but in fact...He is the entirity of existance. Mans inability to only believe what is in front of his face and that which he can relate to from his own individual experience has been and is still a struggle for mankind.

You understand a great deal. We must be in spirit to see the face of God. The scripture tells us that you cannot live and see His face but it simply means you cannot be in your flesh body. You must have passed to the next life, the spiritual life.

But God wants men to come to that which is good so he gave us Jesus in flesh so that we could relate. We are in the time of Christ and we still struggle with bad things. But has it been worse then the days of the Old Testement? Perhaps we will fail Christ too as we seem to have failed God the first time He felt the need to give us Christ. Free will...The Right to Choose...Liberty...Have we strayed too far?

Is it not written..."Do not seek proof of my existance?"

No one has strayed too far. If we believe and ask for forgiveness His salvation is ours.

.............Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wirlwind - hope you saw my previous post I believe that is a valid answer as 2007 years ago I think they too asked why, it has not taken 2007 years to just notice this problem, the answer was always there anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Surely Ice, Water and Steam can't be one either! There's just absolutely no way is there?

Would one do Ice and Steam injustice calling it water?

Or

Would one do Water injustice denying the fact that it is also manifested in Ice and Steam?

Jesus =/= God

God didn't melt into Jesus and Jesus didn't evaporate into the holy spirit. Jesus was a normal person and just one of many random prophets wandering around spouting delusional nonsense back then. It's just his fan base happened to randomly catch on.

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In His short life as an adult of His time. No t.v., radio, newspapers, transportation, etc.. For someone just muttering bable I would have to say that Jesus was more then a prophet. I personally have no doubt about His identity. Those were times of people who communicated in person without our modern distractions. For one man to make an impact in a short time. His words would have had power and the aura of authenticity.

Until next time.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign.psychosis

JESUS CHRIST, speaking to the Jews in the Gospel of St. John, VIII:44

"Ye are of your father the devil [Hadad, EL, Baal, Yehweh], and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. - then answered the Jews - "

Yehweh is another term used for Jesus Christ, this might be the first time I have seen it used in regards to the Devil.

and Mark 11:15

"When they [Jews] came to Jerusalem, Jesus went into the temple courtyard and began to throw out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the moneychangers' tables and the chairs of those who sold pigeons."

Of course, "moneychangers" are jewish bankers.

When “They” came to Jerusalem, it was referring to Jesus and his Disciples.

Originally posted by arloray

This statement here is one reasons of the bible has pagan DNA, paganism and other Ancient religions show that the Gods or Goddess is all around you, that’s it is nature it self, the Sun, The Wind, The Water, The Earth.

Many try to say that it is worse now than at the time of the Old Testament. In the Old Testament people where given free will, but when they choose not to follow God he Destroyed them. This is the same God that is supposed to be Good, and wants us to be Good. Yes he Did give us Christ a separate being meaning a offspring, not the same person but from the one God.

reply to post by Comforter

Can you link me information of this, I thought Cain was Adam and Eves son.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Why mix words that represeant pysical things up against faith?

Because the one who gives faith gave physical things as a representation of himself. Most in their folly worship those physical things rather than he. They probably feel less likely to be consumed by his fire that way.

Folks want somebody else to go up on the mountain while they make their little dumb golden calf.

What form does the word "think" take shape in?

What shape are you thinking of?

God didn't melt into Jesus and Jesus didn't evaporate into the holy spirit.

Well he was made flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus fully contained the GODHEAD.

Jesus was a normal person and just one of many random prophets wandering around spouting delusional nonsense back then.

Are normal people conceived out of thin air? Or should I say, Steam. This being in a woman who's never had relations with a man.

If he were spouting delusional nonsense, he'd have been a false prophet. Not A prophet. He'd have been a liar and an insane one at that.

It's just his fan base happened to randomly catch on.

Wasn't anything random about it. It's a plan he designed before the foundation of this world. It's a plan that will be carried out to it's fullest forever.

His fan base consists of a boatload of frauds. But those who are his, he has changed in a way that if they were to tell you he didn't, they'd be liars.

This is not some book learned garbage, based on what verse says what, or who begat who.

It is a supernatural transformation in a man that he can in no way deny.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
i am a father
i am a son
i am a brother

im still one

Your not 'the' son of yourself are you?

Originally posted by Redge777

You do not accept the world of the spirit, so you do not understand it or know it. If you did the contridictions you claim would disapear.

God Bless.

Wow... No wonder you believe in god. Do you accept stuff and then later try to find evidence around it? or find evidence first?

By the time you accepted that mobo jumbo, you have told yourself a lie and you wanting to believe it so much, it becomes true only to you.

Do you accpet 1 = 3 then later understand it? No wonder people thought there was a god...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
ok its like this. god made us in his image right?
so this is why people refer to themselves in the 3rd person when talking to themselves.
its like an egg. yolk, white and shell
God is the yolk, holy spirit the white and the shell is the body also known as christ.( the egg is a metaphor for understanding im not saying god is an egg.)
we have a body soul and spirit. we as humans are made of many parts but we are not known by our parts we are known by our name. so when god says not to have any other gods before me he did not contradict himself.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
'not to have any other gods before me', i don't think this is the words of god. I rather think it's more to do with converting people and keeping them.

If there was a god he wouldn't say that, or is stupid because there's as much proof of this god (what ever it is) as there is any other.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Hi Wisesheep,

The ice cubes, water and steam is great!
Here is one similar and a few others.
''an ice cube in a pan of boiling water.
The ice is solid, the water is liquid and the steam is gas but they are all H2O.
All three things are separate, but they are all the same thing and all at the same time in the same place.
Another is to hold three thin candles all lit in one's hand.....
The flame of the three candles become one,sharing the one flame despite sharing one flame( Three Persons/Candles with One divine nature/flame).

quote//The analogy of the sun shining with two rays, or the sun being distinct (yet one with) the heat and light it emits, are also analogies used by the Fathers.

helen

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Wow, i saw "contradiction in the bible" as a subject and thought to my self, "Self, which contradiction will this OP decide to use for this thread?"

Then, i see that it is the old "trinity"argument. *sigh*
i guess even old arguements can be dusted off in the name of mutual loathing.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Are Catholics worshipping idols Yes they do. This is a Direct violation of the second commandment. They also show that Christ is dead, crucifix, and not the risen Son of God.

I am a Catholic and obviously stupid as hell. I was under the impression the membership of ATS were ALL intelligent. I have just been proven wrong. With this realization i have put myself in the minority due to my assumption of the above.

Another observation, why ask a question if you already have an answer? It's just a sign of close mindedness.

I won't even defend as this has been done time and time again. It's just a case of beating a dead donkey - turning it over just to kick it again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join