It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contradiction in the bible

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I think that the first people suffered more from their action, than from the response from God, for their disobedience.
Before God even knew what they had done, they were acting differently, as a result of their new-found knowledge.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The reason why God does not destroy the rebelious nations around Jerusalem anymore is because he has nothing to do with the physical nation since Jesus left. God was trying to keep his earthly kingdom free from outside contamination when Judah represented him. When Jesus was about to ascend into heaven his disciples asked him if he was going to restore the kingdom to Israel at that time and he told them it wasn't the time for them to know that. I believe Jesus is going to unleash his fury at Judgement day. After that he's going to restore the kingdom.

Jesus can have a temper too. He was ticked off when he saw the money changers in the temple. He flipped their tables over. Jesus was pretty good at controlling his temper, when he was in the right to lash out.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

But again, God doesnt do these things anymore. I live New Zealand, a small country east of Australia. There are an indigenous people here who've been here for a good thousand years, the Maori. The Maori are a warrior race who almost eradicated a cousin race called the Moriori by cannibalism. In the 18th century, when Abil Tasman discovered NZ he came to shore and was shortly after attacked. A few explorers died and no one came back for roughly a century. The Maori have a long history of war and deadly raids amongst themselves, and of course things only got worse when whiteman got here.

Why wern't these people glassed? They followed other Gods, constantly warred and ate their enemies.

They also killed of many great beasts and brought rats and such to ravage the beautiful country.

To leave these people alive would seem uncharacteristically merciful.

But what does it matter anyway? Thats not what this topic is about. Its about the nonsensical trinity

reply to post by lostinspace

He's a bit choosy then isnt he.

Jesus can have a temper too. He was ticked off when he saw the money changers in the temple. He flipped their tables over. Jesus was pretty good at controlling his temper, when he was in the right to lash out.

Yea your right, except for that time he totally lost it at a fig tree which did nothing wrong.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Good Wolf]

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The Son becomes the Father. So in a sense being the Son is not being the Father at the same time. It's one at a time of those seperate titles.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

So again, what is the point of the holy spirit? There is no dif between him and God so why the double title? It's silly.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You have to think about what does a son do, what does a father do, then what does a sacred ghost do. Think of it in one at a time for each.

That which is a sacred action is the highest doing action. Think of sacred as being non-contaminated by anything or anyone in any way, shape, or form. It's not swayed. It is the authority that is unnoticed at all noticable angles that affects anyone or anything it works or rules in somehow. The hidden aspect to you, about you, in ways you dont notice remains sacred by the Holy Ghost. For example: You could have something to you you dont know about that is kept sarced. And that something sacred only the Holy Ghost can make do things that you shall still be kept blined about. Remember in Eden Adam was put to sleep in having a rib taken and made into a woman? That's just a hint. There is prolly a reason to why certain things are sacred about us that even we can not be made to notice in a way.

Only the Holy Ghost is the noticer to all that when the Holy Ghost wants to be. The Holy Ghost put ItSelf to a deep sleep to certain aspects, or else, there would be no Son and no Father to be. For all you know is things could have been very ugly to your becoming long back. Before the Purpose and Order and Beauty there were the Random and Chaos and Beastly. There were prolly other human designs before what you see here on earth. The human being you do see was chosen of prolly other designs just for here.

In the anti-Christ bible there is the Father of Woman which is there to be noticed for. The Father is the designer and maker of woman (the most beautiful and original thing designed so far in an infinity that was and can be still by purpose).

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus

The Son becomes the Father. So in a sense being the Son is not being the Father at the same time. It's one at a time of those seperate titles.

So while Jesus was on Earth he prayed to the Father, but later Jesus became the Father?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by Mabus

So while Jesus was on Earth he prayed to the Father, but later Jesus became the Father?

In a way "a sense" Jesus was put to a deep sleep (he was only wake to being the Son). Meaning, he didnt know he was going to become the Father. It just happened on him. When he did become aware as in woke as in no longer the Son he was in a way stoned for implying such to ppl who thought God is the Father and thought he was implying he is God.

Notice the part where he said I have not ascened to my Father and your Father, after he appeared back alive? He was no longer in the Father title then, no, he was either in the Son or the Holy Ghost title then it can only suggest since he didnt exclude the Son. He was awake to another title except the Father in that part.

Notice he became awake to then being the Father in the sense that it happened inside His Person since no one told Him He was the Father. And no one fed Him the line "I and my Father are one"...

You should understand we could in a deep sleep sense too. You shall wake up to another title yourself is what I get from the example the bible makes with Jesus. If there is a reason we even have the bible to read it would be for the example of waking up to this and then waking up to that, etc. We are waking up back to something or waking up forth to something. We are like seeds that grow into plants differently depending on what they fall on and what they are given.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well you see there is a thing called Occam's Razor and since any defence from apologists is purely speculatory, it's not reasonable to commit to the idea of the trinity.

I'm holding off thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why is it that God sent a flood anyways? Those who found something to float on may have suffered for hours/days. Why not just disintegrate everyone/thing so that no one has to suffer? Why is it that it seems like God wants people to suffer and be tortured? Just like the plagues in Egypt he sent so that his people could be free. Why not just obliterate the Egyptians like he did Sodom and Gomorah? Or like the lake of fire where people will be burned forever and can't die. What's the point in that? Why not just wipe them from existence? Why make them suffer forever? It's mind boggling to me that God would do that. Sure, he gives us a choice to make, but if we make the wrong one, it's punishment FOREVER. Again, what's the point in it?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Hydroman]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Why is it that God sent a flood anyways? Those who found something to float on may have suffered for hours/days. Why not just disintegrate everyone/thing so that no one has to suffer?

the people of noah´s day had plenty of forwarning. if they wanted to avoid suffering and dying, they had a free ticket on noah´s ark.

its like a person about to cross a busy highway, and there is another man who warns him that thats dangerous, but he goes across anyway and gets hit. is it the highway designers fault he died?

besides, you are assuming the flood was gradual. have you ever seen flash floods?

Why is it that it seems like God wants people to suffer and be tortured? Just like the plagues in Egypt he sent so that his people could be free. Why not just obliterate the Egyptians like he did Sodom and Gomorah?

it wasnt about obliterating them, it was about freeing his people. the people of egypt suffered because of pharaoh, the man they worshiped as god.

remember each time moses returned to repeat the requested and each time he was turned down

Or like the lake of fire where people will be burned forever and can't die. What's the point in that? Why not just wipe them from existence? Why make them suffer forever? It's mind boggling to me that God would do that. Sure, he gives us a choice to make, but if we make the wrong one, it's punishment FOREVER. Again, what's the point in it?

actually you are 100% right. lake of fire is not a place of torture but instead a place of everlasting destruction. i posted a few threads that touch on the false doctrine of hellfire

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

besides, you are assuming the flood was gradual. have you ever seen flash floods?

I thought it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. That seems like it would be a gradual raise in the flood waters. Sure, some places might experience flash flooding, but not all.

Originally posted by miriam0566it wasnt about obliterating them, it was about freeing his people. the people of egypt suffered because of pharaoh, the man they worshiped as god.

remember each time moses returned to repeat the requested and each time he was turned down

I understand that. But you still seem to miss the point about God making people suffer. If he is ALL powerful, why not pick his people up out of Egypt and place them where he wants them instead of going through all the trouble of killing/torturing the egyptians? Or better yet, why not keep them from being held captive to begin with?

Originally posted by miriam0566
actually you are 100% right. lake of fire is not a place of torture but instead a place of everlasting destruction. i posted a few threads that touch on the false doctrine of hellfire

This is your opinion. Do you know how many theories there are about this, from theologians to Priests, to all kinds of educated people? And each one of them can probably back up their claim using the Bible according to how THEY interpret it. You too intepret it a certain way, therefore you come to the conclusion that you are right and everyone else who thinks differently is wrong. And you can back it up, just like they can. It is so confusing to me. This is also how all the different christian denominations came about. Everyone interprets the Bible certain ways and develop certain beliefs according to their interpretation. Who's got the right interpretation? Anyone? And if so, how do you know you have the right one?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Genesis says that water came up from underground and also out of the firmament. So, there was a sudden rise in water level and then there were great waves that swept around the world because there was no land mass to counter them. God had angels protecting the ark, so it was not just the fact that they were in a boat that allowed them to survive.
Anyone not in the ark would have been killed rather quickly.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60Genesis says that water came up from underground and also out of the firmament. So, there was a sudden rise in water level and then there were great waves that swept around the world because there was no land mass to counter them. God had angels protecting the ark, so it was not just the fact that they were in a boat that allowed them to survive.
Anyone not in the ark would have been killed rather quickly.
I would like to see where it says that Angels protected them. I don't remember that, but it's interesting. When it talks about the firmament, isn't that the sky? Doesn't it come out of the firmament now when it rains? The Bible says it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I would like to see where it says that Angels protected them. I don't remember that, but it's interesting. When it talks about the firmament, isn't that the sky? Doesn't it come out of the firmament now when it rains? The Bible says it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.
It says the doors were closed by the angels, once the ark was full. You have to assume that they maintained the integrity of the craft, throughout the ordeal.
One theory is that there existed a firmament that was above the atmosphere, made of water, and that it collapsed at the flood.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It says the Lord shut him in, not the angels. You know what happens when you assume?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hello gang.

If one believes in Judiasm, the root of Christianity, then Christians should not accept the concept of "trinity" or anything else of this form, even Jesus as "God" the mother of all idols. Trinity represents man, not "self existent". Trinity is a triplet, a heartbeat, the cycle of a step in walking, a sine wave. Trinity is physical, Phi-cycle. It is a ratio 600/3x20/6 and is the number of man...the man on the cross...who is "cursed, being hung on a tree"...

Trinity is a picture of Cain(meaning spear/sword) the Baal or Baal Cain being Vulcan ,Smith, Carpenter, Mason, Light Bearer, etc... and is a Chevron in symbol...a "V" a dove, a eagle, a phoenix, a shield. Cain brought the fruits of the Ground....Liquid hot magma. He is Vulcan, live long and prosper...Lord Paschal, to the Maya.....This symbol is incorporated into everything. You can not buy or sell anything with out it..."Visa, it's everywhere you want to be". "MASTERcard, DON'T leave home without it"... Every publicly traded company incorporates the Phi-ra-mid/Trinity in image, jingle, design, epics, "Big Three", etc....

This is also the symbol that "the holy one" put over Cain, so he wouldn't be killed if discovered or he would be "avenged 7 fold" and was. It is called the Cross being 3 chevrons/seven/ back to back "flux capacitor" style. Christians are the children of Cain. Cains punishment was to walk the earth till he did right after killing his brother Habel (meaning...Arrogant), after "the holy one" said, "why are you angry and have a downcast countenance? If you do right then you are accepted"...He had to bear humanity's faults..."to learn to choose the good and refuse the evil."

The "most high" means the Highest Descended or Ancient of days, First in Rank, Last in stock....First and Last. The one who was, was not, yet is"...is the hillel/Light Bringer. The one who was, is and always will be, is the son of man...the new generation. To be ransomed is to be remembered by next of kin and is why they had to mourn for so long 30 days and up. Gotta prepare a place for you...in the minds of your family and friends and connect new paths. llllIt takes work to know people in your family if not all that close.

The fact is he (self existent is salvation) makes all things new, this is how he forgets "missing". "Missing the mark" is what "sin" means. It is implicated, because of death. The scroll of life, the book that will be opened from which judgment of deeds is done, is called DNA or the wheel within the wheel. DNA is made up of Light Bodies/chroma somes/ancestors and houses everything about your family to date, including your life even all the way back/forward to the beginning generation. "I was pushin, pushin, pushin forward back..."Soundgarden-BadMotorFinger "I am not a rolling wheel I am a highway." Audioslave....

We are in a race to the finish, too carry this scroll to the finish line. At the finish line, all found in the scroll will be remembered by the "ancient of days". Resurrection is remembrance. Don't carry forth life, don't receive life. "Forbid not the children to come unto me"..."and a CHILD shall lead them"..."spirit is like the wind, you hear the sound of it, but know not where it comes from or to where it is going"...just like children.

The Gospel is This...Your in the King Dome(Head) of God right now, but even better are the patter of feet proclaiming it to the next generation...Let's get to work we gotta lot of tears to be wiping away...Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

"Fountains of the great deep broken up", implies tsunamis. This in turn suggests the cause of the tsunamis: asteroid impacts. Then one would wonder where the asteroids came from. I propose the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. How would the asteroids propel themselves from the asteroid belt? My bet would be that the asteroid belt was once a planet and that it was destroyed to get the asteroids to earth.

The gravitational pull of the large planet kept the upper waters suspended and when it was destroyed the canopy colapsed. Ever notice how the high and low tides of the oceans are controlled by the moon's position? Water is attracted to its gravitational forces.

I liken the Red sun of Kalel's home world to this lost planet and Krypton as relating to Earth. The earth survived but at great cost.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by jmdewey60

"Fountains of the great deep broken up", implies tsunamis. This in turn suggests the cause of the tsunamis: asteroid impacts. Then one would wonder where the asteroids came from. I propose the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. How would the asteroids propel themselves from the asteroid belt? My bet would be that the asteroid belt was once a planet and that it was destroyed to get the asteroids to earth.

The gravitational pull of the large planet kept the upper waters suspended and when it was destroyed the canopy colapsed. Ever notice how the high and low tides of the oceans are controlled by the moon's position? Water is attracted to its gravitational forces.

I liken the Red sun of Kalel's home world to this lost planet and Krypton as relating to Earth. The earth survived but at great cost.

I know I sound crazy, but I would start thinking about what the craters really are, cause they are not from asteroids.

Foundations of the Deep are pretty clear...Volcanic activity...Lava is Red...the internal sun. "His hand layers the earth"...Volcano....Lord Paschal Shield....Volcano.....Arizona crater (see you down in Arizona bay)....Volcano...The Passover.....Volcano...."Make everything according to the image I showed you in the Mountain".....Volcano....

Kal-El is a picture of Cain the El(Baal) Baalcain or Vulcun, Volcano.
Superman Red Blue Yellow....curly Q hair cut....Serpent representation.....Egyptian....Volcano worship.
Serpent Man.....The Brazen Snake.....the Serafim=the flying serpent or Drakon...who can breath fire....has thick skin....can fly...

Krypton (pronounced /ˈkrɪptən/ or /ˈkrɪptɒn/; from Greek: kryptos "hidden") Just like a Volcano....Hidden....Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I thought it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. That seems like it would be a gradual raise in the flood waters. Sure, some places might experience flash flooding, but not all.

consider how strong it needs to rain for floods to subdue land. god chose the flood because of its thoroughness. not because it made people suffer

I understand that. But you still seem to miss the point about God making people suffer. If he is ALL powerful, why not pick his people up out of Egypt and place them where he wants them instead of going through all the trouble of killing/torturing the egyptians? Or better yet, why not keep them from being held captive to begin with?

free will. joseph´s family decided to go to egypt. the pharaoh decided to use them as slave and he also decide not to let them go.

i get the feeling you are presuming that pharaoh was innocent.. if he was, he would have let them go before the plagues.

This is your opinion. Do you know how many theories there are about this, from theologians to Priests, to all kinds of educated people? And each one of them can probably back up their claim using the Bible according to how THEY interpret it. You too intepret it a certain way, therefore you come to the conclusion that you are right and everyone else who thinks differently is wrong. And you can back it up, just like they can. It is so confusing to me. This is also how all the different christian denominations came about. Everyone interprets the Bible certain ways and develop certain beliefs according to their interpretation. Who's got the right interpretation? Anyone? And if so, how do you know you have the right one?

lol so you give up? you say oh well, its impossible...

the bible is like a rubiks cube. every doctrine and principle and truth is back up by other scripture. you know your missing something when the picture isnt complete.

eccl 9:5,10 says the dead do not think. they are ¨conscience of nothing at all¨

so having the hellfire believe creates an incomplete picture.

just because alot of people dont put 2 and 2 together, doesnt mean you cant.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join