It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Presidential Address

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
he is reading the words but not understanding the sentences. He fears a military coup.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I understand everybody fears and concerns about another terrorist attack on American soil....But people posting Videos of Nukes falling from the sky is ridiculous and achieves nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well I watched the Presidential speech at 02.00 hrs here in UK and on & a large screen tv (which reveals all ... lol).

My first thoughts were that the President looked dreadfully tired. And I did notice a twitch too in his right eye at certain points during his address ... whether that's caused by tiredness or nerves I dunno. You only have to look at photographs of Mr. Blair during his period in office to see quite how badly the job took its toll on him. I don't envy those who hold high office, whatever their politics may be.

The President's friends & confidantes are abandoning ship. Congress is hostile. On just about every front things are going wrong, economically, diplomatically & militarily. I have to pinch myself sometimes in order not to feel sorry for the guy.
Hands up who wants to be him right now ?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I watched this last night. My wife had the channel on Fox. The first thing I noticed was whomever was controlling the feed had his head compressed. Looked weird, like I was in funhouse in front of one of those mirrors that makes you look like a midget.

Then someone attempted to "correct" the feed about 1 minute or so into the speech and he went from short and fat to tall and narrow. Definitely one of the weirdest looking speeches. I made the comment to my wife that "somone at Fox is losing their job right now".

He sounded tired. He didn't seem very enthusiastic about what he was selling (or trying to sell) to the American people. And I like how he included the letter written by a father and mother who lost their son, reminding us that "freedom isn't free". I feel for the parents, but was that supposed to make me feel that this war is any more justifiable? I'd call that a cheap shot to play with our emotions.

Aside from the announcement of the reduction of 5700 troops (which we all knew before the speech), the rest of the speech was flat and didn't do anything to change my mind.

"Just come home" - Ron Paul

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sorry if someone already noted this..
But how about Guiliani's openning eyes real wide every few seconds..that was on Larry King..

That was weird also

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
But how about Guiliani's openning eyes real wide every few seconds..that was on Larry King..

That was weird also

Iam not sure what you mean. Do you have a example video or picture about it?
But I think that the eye movement doesnt mean anything. Its too complicated to
send messages out via eye movement. Its easier to speak in code words or have
special props in the background during filming.

Like when PROTUS address the nation. I recognize different pictures from speech
to speech. But the only person who can understand it, its the message receiver.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mallory-john

Originally posted by Electro38
reply to post by mallory-john

Where are you from?

german native, sorry I know my english sucks but at least I try

[edit on 14-9-2007 by mallory-john]

No, no. I wasn't criticizing your english. I couldn't even write "hello" in German.

But, I was wondering where you were from because of your nuke in NY scenario. To be honest it made me angry.

I live right outside the city, about a 20 min car drive to Manhattan. It was an unbelievable thing to see all of that smoke in the sky for about a week.
We all thought that there would be more attacks right after that, so we all waited for the next thing to happen. It didn't come. So your scenario (not you) pissed me off.

When you see something like that and live so close to it, it changes your view of the world. I learned after 9-11 how most people in other countries truely hate or dislike America.

We all know New York is the number one target. Can you imagine living a few miles from Manhattan?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well its 10:42 AM here in the US on Sept 14. nothing special, nothin nuked, no aliens.
to the OP, My right eye twitches all the time, its really annoying. That could just be signs of stress on ol dubya. I'm not defending him or anything, and I did indeed miss the speech (I had to work til midnight). But whatever floats your boat about what you've seen on there

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I didn't see that much that was unusual. Bush did try to overarticulate every syllable. That was obvious. I'm not sure I can actually read anything into that.

I think what's really happening here is that Bush is trying to run out the clock on Iraq. This is a disasterous, unwinnable situation he needlessly got us into, and it can't end well. Everybody seems to know that. But rather than take responsibility for it, what Bush wants to do is hand it off to the next President, in the hopes they will be blamed for the inevitable loss and not him. He doesn't care how many people die; it's an incredibly selfish (and frankly despicable) attempt to try to improve his legacy.

Bush's "plan" is all about Bush.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by matttheratt]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

That was weird also

OH MY GOD!!! I'm so glad somebody else saw that, it freaked me and my fiance out big time. It was VERY hard to watch, it looked like he couldnt even control them, he was trying to squint them shut but as soon as he relaxed they popped open all wide, he looked completely insane...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Iam sorry that I pissed you off. Ill understand your feelings, since I have family in Hempstead. I was just trying to showing a possible target which would hit double deep. I mean the "shock and trauma" if NYC is targeted again would be much higher then if "Portland" would be hitted.

I really hope nothing happend I really hope but even if not. Our future looked #ed up - thanks to the rothschilds

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mallory-john

Iam sorry that I pissed you off. Ill understand your feelings, since I have family in Hempstead. I was just trying to showing a possible target which would hit double deep. I mean the "shock and trauma" if NYC is targeted again would be much higher then if "Portland" would be hitted.

I really hope nothing happend I really hope but even if not. Our future looked #ed up - thanks to the rothschilds

No need for apology. Wasn't angry at you, but the scenario. We're still touchy about this in NY. (You have a right to write about scenarios).

I think we (NY'ers) all know that someday something's going to happen here again. We're constantly "under the gun".

Who are the Rothchilds? I should look that up.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Originally posted by nightmare_david
Only part I saw is where he said something along the lines of "When we do better in Iraq, more troops will come home". In other words:

"They're not doing what I want. Don't expect them home as fast as you wish. Deal with it"

A smack in the face to anyone who is over there and anyone with family or friends over there.

Now just a darn minute.That was out of line- So thats a smack to my face as well since I have two brothers that served in the military and one just came from Iraq last year. So insult the military because Bush ordered them to go? Do you think they enjoy leaving their families? And over 3,000+ Men and women came home in a box.

I'm not gonna listen to your mindless accusations of the US military because you have no clue on what your talking about, your just spouting off.

You just completely took what I said and read into it VERY WRONG

I said BUSH and HIS COMMENT:

"When we do better in Iraq, more troops will come home"

Is a slap in the face to everyone over there and anyone with family or friends over there. That was a completely disrepectful thing for him to have said to the millions watching him. he basically said that nobody is coming home until he says they can and we'll have to deal with it.

In NO WAY AT ALL did I say anything remotely disrepectful to you or anyone over in Iraq. Perhaps I may have worded it wrong, I don't know I think I made what I said pretty clear.

Believe me that if I had any power in this world at all, we'd have NEVER gone into Iraq. There's no reason for us to be there except Bush and his buddies want that oil.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The Rothchilds

Are basicly mega-rich multi-billionares.
Who are emotionaly empty even with all the money they have.
Proof that money doesn't buy you happyness, eh ?
Because they are emotionaly empty they want more money, more power.
More, more, more, take, take, take, that's all they care about.
The verry idea of giving is alien to them.
They are some of the folks in charge of things.

- W -
* At least that's what folks have said about them anyway *

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

"I learned after 9-11 how most people in other countries truely hate or dislike America. "

... hey ... whoa ... that is NOT the case.
When the attacks happened the entire world was hugely shocked. Just about every country on earth was with the USA in the weeks after September 11th. China, Russia, the EU, OAS, NATO, the UN ... everyone was lined up with the US. In our town (in Scotland) we helped the local fire brigade with their efforts to raise funds for the NYC families & in the years since many NYC family members have been made very welcome over here.

It's Iraq which has so divided the world. Not the events of September 11th.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
here is the video guys.. ENJOY!

youtube.com...
youtube.com...
youtube.com...

The thing I noticed, is that you can watch his eyes go back and forth while he reads a prompt on the screen.Pathetic! wha tare we waatching a talk show?

[edit on 14-9-2007 by blowfishdl]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I would be happy if I could snap my fingers and suddenly nobody would be allowed to go to war anymore. Everybody would be FORCED to solve their problems diplomatically.

But I cant do that, so I whine and ponder over the stupidity of mankind...

So you would be an absolute dictator, eh? And those who chose not to solve problems diplomatically? Mass graves, perhaps?

/tongue in cheek

As to how he looked last night and what he said, I also thought that he looked really really tired. I don't subscribe to the idea that the gov't caused 9/11 in any way other than perhaps previous administrations lax attitudes towards security.

I think that he reads real world reports that make Stephen King novels look like children's bed time stories. The world is an ugly ugly place and we are fortunate to live in free societies where we can complain and nitpick every little decision our leaders make.

I think he is a tired old man who has done his best given the options available and were he in any other position in the world I would expect him to retire early.

As to the opening lines, I don't see the sinister undertones a lot of people do - to me it looked like he was saying that the right things to do aren't easy.

Of course, I have been accused of being overly optimistic.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Marid Audran]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
At the beginning of the speech i thought at some point he was going to announce that Planes should have just finished bombing Iran.

Later on though I got the feeling that he was willing to talk it out and that their would be no further escalation under his presidency.

I think this administration has been muted to a certain degree.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

how many matreyias are there anyway?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
reply to post by Electro38

"I learned after 9-11 how most people in other countries truely hate or dislike America. "

... hey ... whoa ... that is NOT the case.
When the attacks happened the entire world was hugely shocked. Just about every country on earth was with the USA in the weeks after September 11th. China, Russia, the EU, OAS, NATO, the UN ... everyone was lined up with the US. In our town (in Scotland) we helped the local fire brigade with their efforts to raise funds for the NYC families & in the years since many NYC family members have been made very welcome over here.

It's Iraq which has so divided the world. Not the events of September 11th.

I agree. I remember being at my (european) university when I heard about the planes flying into the the WTC, but I figured it would be a Cessna and a really drunk pilot or something like that. But soon the entire school was buzzing with the news of what happened, and we tried to find out as much as we could on the web.

When I got home, I sat staring at the TV for about 8 hours, switching back and forth between channels without even eating anything. I was truly shocked, afraid, disgusted and confused at the same time. To be honest, I actually even had tears in my eyes, and that never happens to me. But it was very emotional.

The world doesnt hate America. What pisses the world off is the wars. Plain and simple. I watched the american presidential debate and was almost screaming out loud when nobody seemed to understand what Ron Paul was saying. Nobody seemed to understand why the USA have to take responsibility for its actions around the world. Thats the kind of thing that upsets people, not americans as a people.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Copernicus]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join