It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Narrator (~6 minutes into tape) refers to "curious anomalous
objects in orbit around earth", continues: "John Glenn likened
them to fireflies, and for a time, NASA actually believed they
had stumbled across living critters, according to one of its
retired astronauts, Scott Carpenter."

See that bit where it says 'for a time'? Then they probably realised what it was. Grabbing at straws to promote your latest fantasy?

Conley added that NASA is now cataloging every possible organism it can find in clean rooms, as such a list of critters will help prevent a spacecraft from ...

Indeed, so even Nasa realises it could be taking stuff up there.
I rest my case m'lud

Critters Critters evrywhere...

No theyre called UFO's

But I am still waiting to hear from my source, though

I wont wait up

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yup! I posted those in one of my threads!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Your right it should
Dang it can't download that one

And Youtube download not working either

OK, here's the vid on YouTube.

Thanks to internos.

Cheers!

[edit on 8-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
And here's another pic of a similar cigar shaped object, but this one's over Earth, taken from White Sands, New Mexico in the late 40s. The size is impossible to tell as its distance is unknown.....

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thanks for correcting me there Sociology, sounds strange to me that the sun would get hotter as it gets older, i thought that with its fuel burning off, it would become colder.

So, billions of years ago, venus would have been more habitible then it is today?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

The sun becomes both hotter and cooler as it burns up its nuclear fuel; the core contracts and heats up, the outer layers expand and cool. As the core heats up it eventually becomes hot enough to start fusing helium into carbon, thus triggering the suns evolution into a red giant. It makes sense if you think about it; if the Sun never became hotter and only got cooler it would never achieve the temperatures required to burn elements heavier than hydrogen.

As to the question of would Venus have been more habitable billions of years ago - remember that Venus is the victim of a runaway greenhouse effect; it's surface temperature is higher than Mercury's despite being further away from the Sun. Billions of years ago this would not have been the case. Whether it would have been inside the circumstellar habitable zone however I am unsure.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by sonicology]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

Unless, of course, the sun isn't a nuclear furnace insomuch as a glow discharge:

thunderbolts.info...

In 1920, the year that Irving Langmuir coined the term "plasma", the British astronomer Sir Arthur Eddington was already developing the nuclear fusion model of stars. The first step in Eddington's reasoning was a simple question: Does the power that makes the stars shine come from the stars themselves, or does it come from somewhere else? And the answer he chose was that the power that makes the stars shine comes from the stars themselves.

With that assumption, he laid the foundation for the now-accepted theory of stars powered by fusion within their cores

This is a peek into why i believe that much of science is a house of cards built on ever increasing layers of flimsiness. Earth sciences are full of this kind of stuff (geology builds on assumptions made by archeology, which are built on assumptions made by geology....circular logic).

Yeah, i am sure Chorton and yfxxx will have a go at me for that...but please consider the possibility that, like the entirety of our history, we are not correct in our assumptions.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

but please consider the possibility that, like the entirety of our history, we are not correct in our assumptions.

I'm always open to new ideas, but the current model of solar evolution has stood up well to ever increasing observational and imperical challenges; why would it be necessary to completely rethink our understanding of these objects when the established hypothesis explains them so elegantly and accurately?

[edit on 10-10-2007 by sonicology]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Not really gonna try to persuade you as an individual. My statement was meant more generally. For the audience, if you will.

But keep in mind that it only explains that which is not ignored. There is a huge (and ever growing) wastebin of anomolous findings that certainly don't meet the parameters of this long standing model.

But, you are correct in that it has served us quite well.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
7000, wow, that's something like a third of earths size, just how if that size is even possible, could that thing land on earth, it probably couldn't...._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
7000, wow, that's something like a third of earths size, just how if that size is even possible, could that thing land on earth, it probably couldn't....

Land? Heck, what you are seeing in that infra red image in the opening post, taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, is 50,000 km long! They could put Earth in their darn hold / luggage compartment and dump it somewhere in the outer reaches of the Oort cloud!

Yikes!! I'm heading for them hills!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hi there bfftexan, I'm right there with you on that one, IMO the nuclear sun model still has much to answer for, it still has trouble explaining a variety of phenomena that has been observed in our own sun and has even more to answer for with observations of other stars.

Check out Kristian Birkelands Terella experiments, this was published in 1908! The foresight and brilliance of this man was truly incredible.
You can see many solar effects, sunspots, plasma torus, corona and so called magnetic reconnection, "cough".
www.catastrophism.com...

Don Scott does a wonderful job of showing the failures of the nuclear model and how the electric model can easily explain these mysteries. Here's a little sample.
www.electric-cosmos.org...

Sorry to be off topic but more people should be made aware of this emerging field.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
And here's another pic of a similar cigar shaped object, but this one's over Earth, taken from White Sands, New Mexico in the late 40s.

Seeing as how this was taken at White Sands, wouldn't the most likely explanation be that it was a missle test?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Wow - what a find, great thread - well done MikeSingh!

Sadly, I have not the time to read all 30-odd pages of this thing but I wanted to point something which may not have been noticed yet.

I think I have noticed something which could be a smoking gun of sorts…..

In the opening post, examine VERY closely the object/craft in the infrared pic.

Take a very close look at the colouring of it - there appears to be evenly spaced areas of greater heat coming from the object/craft.

Could these be engine rooms or heat exhausts letting off a greater heat signature than the rest of the vessel??

If you compare this to the rings of Saturn the colouring/heat signature seems significant.
The rings seem to show fairly smooth heat transition and nothing as 'patchy' as what is seen on the ship.

I think this could be a major point.

I have not the expertise to zoom in on the image and highlight what i am referring to but perhaps someone else does.

What do we all think??

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
ok i have zoomed in on the original pic from OP and drawn parallels in yellow to where i think the differing and evenly spaced heat signature differences can be seen.

The middle two are more obvious than the end two but there is undoubtedly a pattern to this and i think it would be extremely bizarre for a random space body to have this type of heat signature.

Feedback time

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Good find srsen!!
Now that's pretty intriguing, to say the least!

At present I cannot even begin to hazard a guess as to what those 'equally spaced' heat signatures are all about!......But hey, wait. Could these be four propulsion systems? Or energy devices being used to shepherd those rings? Since they've been photographed by the HST in 'real time' they're probably functional as of now!

Where the devil is Zorgon?? internos? Bigfatfurrytexan? John? C'mon guys, move it! KFC and Pizza Hut can wait!

Cheers!

[edit on 12-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Original Caption Released with Image:
This view, like PIA08303, shows Prometheus with a streamer it has created in the inner edge of the F ring. Prometheus comes close to the inner edge of the ring once per orbit, perturbing the ring particles there. In 2009, the moon's orbit is expected to carry it repeatedly into the F ring core, an event that ring scientists are eagerly awaiting.

Prometheus is 102 kilometers (63 miles) across. This view looks toward the unlit side of the rings from about 40 degrees above the ringplane.

The image was taken in visible light with the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on Oct. 16, 2006 at a distance of approximately 1.8 million kilometers (1.1 million miles) from Prometheus and at a Sun-Prometheus-spacecraft, or phase, angle of 150 degrees. Scale in the original image was 11 kilometers (7 miles) per pixel. The image has been magnified by a factor of two.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Say hello to Prometheus, the first reptilian shape-shifter moon ever seen.

Sometimes it appears cigar-shaped, sometimes else is appears banana-shaped, this time it appears so.

Seriously, i'm not claiming that this isn't Prometheus, but just noticing the oddness of its shape, which is interesting anyway, IMHO.
This is its ordinary shape before its metamorphosys:

[edit on 12/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Prometheus?
What NASA says is Prometheus, is pretty much something else! Here it is...

NASA should stop screwing around some. Too much crap dents reputations! But hey, I dunno if it's right to keep bashing them always. They could be just following orders. Strict compliance with confidential info as ordained by the elite members of the three letter clubs! Probably part of the neocon agenda of disinformation and a ban on disclosure!

Whatever, we're being made suckers.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Mike Singh burbled:

"Too much crap dents reputations! "

Well without meaning to be rude, thats exactly what those pictures look like

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Pizza Hut? KFC? You own Pepsico stock???

at that time of day i am guaranteed to be asleep (at least, when i am working an early shift).

What i would be interested to see is something akin to real-time animation to observe if there is a pulsng pattern. It seems that the two in the center are much brighter, and one would wonder if there was some sort of "firing order" applied to any such engine array.

Its immediately adjacent position is intriguing, to say the least...and the concept of the "pearls on the string" appearance being interpreted as some sort of mechanism is equally intriguing.

I certainly am no rocket scientist...but i can go stay at the holiday inn tonight and see if it helps!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join