It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

I think that the most important thing is that you've found an anomaly of this level near a moon of Jupiter: i don't know if it happened before here, probably mike or zorgon knows it. Anyway, it's really an interesting find.
I made a new close-up:

[edit on 9/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by ImShrike

I think that the most important thing is that you've found an anomaly of this level near a moon of Jupiter: i don't know if it happened before here, probably mike or zorgon knows it. Anyway, it's really an interesting find.
I made a new close-up:

Yeah! That's right! Another cylindrical object, but now near JUPITER!!!

What the heck's going on?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
These cylinders represent a very real phenomenon and one that can change mankind forever. They are without a doubt inbtelligently controlled and manuver on their own, and are so huge that the human mind staggers when confronted by such a monstrosity.

Something that big could hold an entire civilization, or be run by a skeleton crew as it may be just one of many huge machines used for reasons that we are just now begiining to grasp. Perhaps the aliens are changing the rings or making them, and are influencing moons and other elements in outer space near the big planets..maybe.

But in any case they is NO explanation for massive rectangles other than inteligent life creating them and using them for their own purposes. If they are innocent using resources that are available there, and mean us no harm, then fine; its like a neighbor helping himself to a drink from a common well..no problem. BUT, if their intent is to activate some giant plan that includes changing the solar system, the we need to take a close look at how it will affect us. Not that we can do anything about it: Any aliens that can make a ship that big have the means to blow us away without liftinga finger.

All they would have to do is hold a fly by with one of those 30,000 mile long mothers, blocking the sun from the earth just be virtue of its size, throwing the gravitation pull out of whack totally..just a visit could mean catastrophic disaters all over the planet and so a nice alien race would stay away knwoing the effects that would happen, and bad ones would no doubt have been here already and taken total control over humanity before we were able to develop nukes, etc.

So much is unknown that we are left to speculation to envision the truth that exists out there, but whatever it is it is so stggering that the best science fiction story would wilt in the face of the truth. Those huge ships are there for a reason, and we need to find out what that is, and prepare for the consequences, if that is even possible. They might look at us like we did the native populations that we destroyed and murdered as we conquered the lands: In America the white man thought that it was insane to leave vast acreage of wonderfully productive land to the ownership of a few Indians, natives, who found out that the desire to ' civilize ' can come in forms that do not always include the survival of the races that are considered ' un ' civilized!!

Whatever it may be, I see the huge rectangles as proof that we are in a solar system that is fraught with life and elements and beings, and that we are living in very strange and perilous times indeed, from earth bound threats as well as from beyond. Lets hope that whoever is Captain of those huge machines have the decency and discipline to follow the rules and treat us with repect for our lives and properties.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
One of the objects is Earth sized and one over 50,000 Km in length (Four times Earth’s diameter!)

Earth size??? Four times the Earth's diameter???
Wouldn't something that massive have a gravitational affect on the rotation of Saturn around the sun? If so, wouldn't that have been observed and commented on by now?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Why is it so hard for folks to think of gravity as a wave? If you do this, negating its effects becomes much, much more feasible.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

I'd like to hear an explanation of how a giant perfect cylinder could be formed in the rings of Saturn.

You can see the stars through it which means one of two things, its see through or its some kind of artefact that got into the photo.

I know what my money is on.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A satellite traveling close to Saturn does not need a long exposure to take a picture. After all it is a large object exposed in full sunlight.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I know it (this last one, taken near IO, Jupiter's moon, had an exposure time of 75 milliseconds.
The problem is that we must everytime clarify it, because if we don't do so, someone else says that are only dots elongated due to the exposure time

[edit on 9/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have read about the cigar crafts.

AN EXCERPT FROM THE LACERTA FILES:

"If you read a report about a sighting of a metallic bright-gray cigar-shaped cylindrical object with a length of - there are different types - let me say between 20 and 260 of your meters and if this object had made a very deep humming sound and if there were 5 bright red lights on the metallic surface of the cigar (one at the top, one in the middle, two at the end) then it's likely that someone of you have seen one of our ships and this means that it was either partly defect or that someone of us was not
careful enough. We have also a very small fleet of disc-shaped craft, but such UFOs belong usually to an alien species. Triangular UFOs belong generally to your own military but they use foreign technology
to build them. If you really want to try to see one of our craft, you should have a look at the skies over the Arctic, the Antarctic and over Inner Asia (especially over the mountains there.)"

"I'm a female reptile being, belonging to a very old reptilian race. We are the native terrans and we live on that planet since millions of years. We are mentioned in your religious writings like your Christian Bible and many of the ancient human tribes were aware of our presence and worshipped us as gods, for example the Egyptians and the Inca and many other old tribes. Your Christian religion has misunderstood our role in your creation, so we are mentioned as "evil serpent" in your writings. This is wrong. Your race was genetically engineered by aliens and we were just the more or less passive visitors of this accelerated evolution process."

www.alienshift.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well,

I did see a (huge sphere) bouncing in between the (Little Dippers stars) I calculated it at least to be ten times the size of the stars in the constellation. Scout ship doing maintenance checks go figure.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by menguard]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

..., think of it rotating, in 3D:

Although, this photo from Cassini seems obviously doctored, use your arrow keys to 'move around' within the image after zooming in, they can't be serious:

[edit on 16-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Originally posted by mikesingh
One of the objects is Earth sized and one over 50,000 Km in length (Four times Earth’s diameter!)

Earth size??? Four times the Earth's diameter???
Wouldn't something that massive have a gravitational affect on the rotation of Saturn around the sun? If so, wouldn't that have been observed and commented on by now?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by mecheng]

I made this point a longtime ago in this thread mecheng and it is a good point! Something this size would perturb Staurns rings (gravitationally) very distinctly. I had a good look at Saturn a couple of weeks ago with my 8inch reflector and I followed it all alst year when it was in the sky, and the rings look perfectly normal. There is no discolouration of any sign of any perturbation of the ring system.

Most importantly, such an obbject would be visible in amateur telescopes. Titan is much smaller than the Earth and that is clearly visible, so to are many of the other satellites and they are much smaller than Titan! It's a nice idea, but the whole story just doesn't stand up to close scrutiny...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
I made this point a longtime ago in this thread mecheng and it is a good point! Something this size would perturb Staurns rings (gravitationally) very distinctly. I had a good look at Saturn a couple of weeks ago with my 8inch reflector and I followed it all alst year when it was in the sky, and the rings look perfectly normal. There is no discolouration of any sign of any perturbation of the ring system.

Good point timelike. First off, do we really know what exactly gravity is? Do we have all the answers? How much do we know about gravity waves? Nix! We base our conclusions on known scientific paradigms like Newtons Universal Law of Gravitation. But you'd agree that this not the end to scientific laws and principles? There's more left to discover, than we could ever imagine! And probably we're talking of technology millions of years in the future! If its proved that these are gigantic alien craft, then do we understand the whole scientific/technological precepts they're working on? It'll probably take thousands of years before we even begin to understand what's really going on out there!

Most importantly, such an obbject would be visible in amateur telescopes. Titan is much smaller than the Earth and that is clearly visible, so to are many of the other satellites and they are much smaller than Titan! It's a nice idea, but the whole story just doesn't stand up to close scrutiny...

Ok, suppose they are NOT in the visible spectrum? Remember, the HST had taken images of these objects in infra red. Check out the images in the opener. It could be possible that they 'uncloak' (for want of a better word!) during certain times for a very short duration whereby they can be seen, as in the many photographs in this thread. And that could be one of the reasons you can't always see them with telescopes as they aren't in the visible spectrum.

My $0.02!

Remember, "There are more things in heaven and Earth than can be dreamt of in your philosophy"! - William Shakespeare.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

First off, do we really know what exactly gravity is? Do we have all the answers? How much do we know about gravity waves? Nix! We base our conclusions on known scientific paradigms like Newtons Universal Law of Gravitation. But you'd agree that this not the end to scientific laws and principles? There's more left to discover, than we could ever imagine!

Not wishing to sound rude,but this just sounds to me like a way of having them there without these craft having to obey the laws of physics.

I agree science doesn't know everything, but it doesn't know nothing! When it comes to gravity (this is my research area) we don't use Newtonian gravity for gravity waves- it makes no such predicition!!!!

We must use general relativity for gravity waves. However, even things like binary pulsars and black holes, huge objects, only just make gravitational waves we can detect. If there was such an object there, larger than the Earth it would cause a gravitaional pertubation of the ring system. Much of the fine structure would be dissrupted, not to mention the effects on Satellites in the Saturn system!

If the craft doesn't obey the laws of physics, then why is in orbit there? It can't only be obey certain parts of physics and not others! When people say to me "ah maybe it's obeying laws of physics we can't dream of" that sounds like it works by magic.

Ok, suppose they are NOT in the visible spectrum? Remember, the HST had taken images of these objects in infra red. Check out the images in the opener. It could be possible that they 'uncloak' (for want of a better word!) during certain times for a very short duration whereby they can be seen, as in the many photographs in this thread. And that could be one of the reasons you can't always see them with telescopes as they aren't in the visible spectrum.

The Hubble space telescope is not the only telescope that looks at objects in the infra-red, there are many places here on Earth including some places used by amateur astronomers. Something that size would have stood out a mile, yet nothing has been mentioned. Even if this was the case, and they only "appeared" just in time to have their picture taken, with the many millions of amateur astronomers on Earth, why did none of us see it?

Even if in infra red they would be a very real presence in the Saturn system. I suspect the reason none of these effects have been observed is, not because these craft are obeying "new laws of physics", it's because they're simply not there.

Regards,

-Paul.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think that the banana mystery is solved

The mystery of the object colliding with Saturn F ring
Claimed to be an UFO (i admit that it fooled me too in the past
, as many other people), (Some example of wesites claiming it's a UFO)
www.hufos.net...
anomaliasemmarte.no.sapo.pt...

is actually what NASA wrote in the caption: it's Prometheus

N00023784.jpg was taken on October 29, 2004 and received on Earth October 30, 2004. The camera was pointing toward SATURN-RINGS at approximately 790,933 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and CL2 filters. This image has not been validated or calibrated. A validated/calibrated image will be archived with the NASA Planetary Data System in 2005.

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

At the origin of the "misunderstanding", there's this original NASA image
which shows an object which shape doesn't match the one of Prometheus: it has been a matter of brightness/contrast, some website's manipulations of the image have made the rest of the job.

Source:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

A brighter version of the same image, shows much better its contour:

apod.nasa.gov...
apod.nasa.gov...

Is almost impossible to make a perfectly matching comparison,
but of course this makes the point IMHO:

I've also found a video on NASA website which shows Prometheus colliding with the rings,
and i've uploaded it on YT:

The moon Prometheus slowly collides with the diffuse inner edge of Saturn's F ring in this movie sequence of Cassini images. The oblong moon pulls a streamer of material from the ring and leaves behind a dark channel.
Once during its 14.7-hour orbit of Saturn, Prometheus (102 kilometers, or 63 miles across) reaches the point in its elliptical path, called apoapse, where it is farthest away from Saturn and closest to the F ring. At this point, Prometheus' gravity is just strong enough to draw a "streamer" of material out of the core region of the F ring.

Initially the dust-sized material drawn away from the ring appears to form a streamer pointing ahead of Prometheus in its orbit. (All orbital motion is towards the right in the movie.) Over time, the streamer falls increasingly farther behind Prometheus because material in the F ring is orbiting slower than the moon. The streamer gets longer and a darker "channel" starts to be seen (to the left of the streamer in the movie).

The creation of such streamers and channels occurs in a cycle that repeats each Prometheus orbit: when Prometheus again reaches apoapse, it draws another streamer of material from the F ring. But since Prometheus orbits faster than the material in the ring, this new streamer is pulled from a different location in the ring about 3.2 degrees (in longitude) ahead of the previous one.

The movie shows just under half of a complete streamer-channel cycle. The dark frames in the movie represent the period during which Prometheus and the F ring pass through Saturn's shadow.

The images in the movie were acquired by the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on Nov. 23 and 24, 2006. The movie sequence consists of 72 clear spectral filter images taken every 10.5 minutes over a period of about 12.5 hours.

The original images were cropped to show only the region around Prometheus and the nearby portion of the F ring. The movie covers the region between 138,000 and 142,000 kilometers (86,000 and 88,000 miles) radially from Saturn and 1 degree in longitude from Prometheus on each side. Each frame was reprojected such that the vertical axis represents distance from Saturn and the horizontal axis represents longitude around Saturn. Image scale is 10 kilometers (6 miles) per pixel in the vertical direction; the images cover 0.005 degrees of longitude in the horizontal direction. Because of the reprojection, the F ring appears straight, rather than slightly curved, as it otherwise would.

Since the F ring has an elliptical shape, its radial distance from Saturn varies by about 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) around the ring. This accounts for the apparent vertical movement of the ring over the course of the movie. Only a very small part of the ring appears in each of the reprojected frames, so the difference in the ring's radial distance from left to right across any single frame is small enough as to be effectively unnoticeable.

Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Download in QuickTime format
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Download in MPEG format
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

The "anomaly" has been presented in many ways, these are some examples of
"enhancements" and "comparisons":

... Prometheus:

It was really easy to fall in the trap of the first image, this explains why so many people thought it was an actual UFO, since its apparent shape was really different from the Prometeus' one.

Coming soon with some news, good ones this time (i guess)

[edit on 18/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
If there was such an object there, larger than the Earth it would cause a gravitaional pertubation of the ring system. Much of the fine structure would be dissrupted, not to mention the effects on Satellites in the Saturn system!

This is EXACTLY correct.

Some on the thread may dispute/ignore this bit-o-physics so here is an image sequence movie from Cassini to demonstrate Paul's exacting post. It's from NASA's Cassini homepage and has also been uploaded to google video by our very own internos as well.

Perturbation of Saturn's F ring by it's moon Prometheus

[edit on 18-11-2007 by antipigopolist]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
internos: I think the mystery is solved, great find old chap!

antipigopolist: Thanks antipigopolist for finding a video which really demonstrates the point I made recently (and about 15 pages ago!!!)

So chaps, clearly we're done here. Mystery solved etc.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by timelike]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by timelike

Yeah, where Prometheus is concerned, case closed. Period!
It's only a moon after all! Not an unidentified object.
Thanks to Internos for delving deep into it and analyzing it as only he can!

Cheers!

[edit on 19-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I had hoped that this would conclude the "UFOs 3 times the size of Earth in orbit around Saturn" theory as well, since for obvious reasons, they are conspicous by their absence!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It was mentioned in the initial article that one can view these ships with telescopes. Well, here are 2 links that show UFOs captured via telescope.

www.livevideo.com...

www.livevideo.com...

So are these videos of the Higher Light Beings ?

Just wondering.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join