It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden To Address the USA ON 9/11 anniversary

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Good post FreeThinkerIdealist!

I do recall Bush saying he IS NOT WORRIED about Bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
How many lies does it take for you to start to 'think' for yourself and not believe everything you see on Fox News?

I don't watch Fox News, unless it is for comedic value. Not unlike your posts. You are so brainwashed by paranoia that you believe that anyone who doesn't agree with the incessant, "Inside job," nonsense must watch Fox News and be unable to think critically.

How sad you and those who think like you are.

I have been around for many years and harbor no illusions about the motivation of the great majority of our politicians. Unlike you, however, I don't haphazzardly try to first invent and then connect dots that are mostly figments of your wild imagination.

It is possible, my severely misguided friend, to question whether the govt has told us the whole story surrounding the events of 9/11 and still not get lost in the insanity that pervades many of the posts here. The govt did it. The CIA runs Islamic Websites. Bin Laden is an innocent bystander.

Some of this stuff is beyond absurd.

So, you may ask, why would I come to a board that clearly has a conspiratorial slant to it? That's simple. If one is to come to a reasoned, informed opinion, it is important to hear all sides. That means paying attention to what is being said on obviously biased networks such as Fox News, reading majot newspapers that lean to either the left or right, and come to places like this where you may very well read something that you otherwise would have missed.

That's why I come here. Some of the posters here, including some I completely disagree with, present well thought out, passionate arguments to support their beliefs. They spend time researching. They care. Which is something I have in common.

So, I would ask those of you who now see everything through a prism of govt conspiracy and a fear of NWO the same thing I would ask of those who believe everything the govt tells them unquestioningly. Take a step back and realize that you need to look beyond the narrow mindedness. Our govt is neither totally evil or totally good. Neither are we.

Wake up indeed my friend. Please do. And soon.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Reason # 2; The OBL video is intended to Divert Attention !

What's the thing that we are not supposed to be paying attention to???

The Military Coup that is planned for Iraq !!!

(its said the Americans are supporting this behind the scenes)

?soooo.... that should help explain just why the President made that secret
visit in Iraq (Sept 3rd) & met only with the American Generals...
keeping more than arms distance from the puppet leaders in Iraq,
Maliki, et al

source: www.agoravox.com...

If I had a vote, it would be for this scenario. And in fact, the American support is not exactly behind the scenes - In a Washington Post op-ed piece in mid August, former Iraqi Prime Minister and ex-CIA advisor Ayad Allawi basically asked for the prime minister's job again, in what looks pretty much like a campaign speech.

Notice that the audience isn't primarily his Iraqi countrymen; No, it's his real constituents - The Beltway movers and shakers who can actually get him into power. My guess is that Washington would try to install him in the event of a coup. Of course, would the Iraqi people view him as anything but an American puppet?...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
.ABC Posts transcript of video in PDF

Just sayin

[edit] Just read it. Don't say much. Not full transcript apparently.

[edit on 9/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
hi guys i am new here

when bush was elected wasnt it a very close call.............with the last state being texas...........isnt that run by "JEB BUSH"

also wasnt jeb and george entertaining the bin laden family??

i am from across the pond.....we get a different angle on things here....

[edit on 7-9-2007 by sonik _74]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There is supposively an excerpt from the video that has been shown on Al-Jazeera television. The news source says that in the clip OBL lectures US citizens about stopping the warmongering corporations.

Yahoo...

"There are two solutions to stopping it. One is from our side, and it is to escalate the fighting and killing against you. This is our duty, and our brothers are carrying it out," bin Laden said.

"The second solution is from your side," he said. "I invite you to embrace Islam."

"It will also achieve your desire to stop the war as a consequence, because as soon as the warmongering owners of the major corporations realize that you have lost confidence in your democratic system and have begun to look for an alternative, and this alternative is Islam, they will run after you to please you and achieve what you want to steer you away from Islam," he said.

[edit on 033030p://upFriday by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Has anyone checked credibility of the source? If SITE Intelligence Group is original source, I highly doubt it is credible. These guys are bunch of fearmongers, IMO. Guys with agenda. I would dare to say they are a Mossad asset. Here is some info on SITE Intelligence Group's director:

Rita Katz is Director and co-founder of the SITE Institue. Born in Iraq, her father was tried and executed as an Israeli spy, whereupon her family moved to Israel [the move has been described as both an escape and an emmigration in different sources]. She received a degree from the Middle Eastern Studies program at Tel Aviv University, and is fluent in Hebrew and Arabic. She emigrated to the US in 1997.

SITE Institute - Source Watch

Quite likely to be very subjective person, with personal agenda.

If they would be first to show this new OBL video, I would highly suspect it being authentic.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My 2 cents. I know it makes more sense to have OBL alive vs dead but I still find it absurd that we found Saddam in a tiny little foxhole in the middle of nowhere, apply common sense and it plainly tells you the people in charge dont want him dead, end of that story. Dr Love stole my thunder but im going to say this anyway because I thought it ironic:

"So will Tuesdays Sate of the Union by president Bin Laden preempt American Idol or whatever reality drivel is being shoved down our throats that night and what do you think of President Bin Laden's chances for reelection in 2008?"

Additionally, afte reading many many posts on this site I find it just a little disturbing that soooooo many people have all this intricate complex knowledge of government security, and avionics, and military, this in and of itself is a tad suspicious.

Finally, it seems to me that posters like "orioles" and "ESDAD71" (but especially the orioles guy) are pure plants set to rile people up and distract them, go back and reread orioles' garbage to see what im talking about. Must be the worst speller in the world but not quite bad enough to lose the context of his messages where hes vying to play the role of GWs proctologist using only his tongue. Before you start looking to our government for conspiracies, I think you should watch out for some of the posters in here first who seem to me have an agenda of spreading disinformation, causing confusion, and playing the naive angle straight to the bone.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by impactstyles]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This video has already been released according to MSNBC. They just interviewed Jim Miksomething at the Pentagon about it. They believe that the tape was possible made in June or July of this year due to some of the references he made to the new leadership in France and England.

Most of the video, according to MSNBC, dealt with the ongoing conflict in Iraq. There was also some reference to corrupt corporations, calling for more suicide bombers, and the democrats inability to end the occupation of Iraq.

Jim whatever states that there are no overt threats but the intelligence community is still analyzing the tape.

IMO, the person in the video does appear to be the same one in the 2004 video. Despite his nice black beard, he appears bad. His color seems a little jaundiced to me and he just doesn't look well.

Here's the link to the MSNBC article.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Has anyone here actually translated Bin Laden tapes themselves? I mean, it has been shown that the MSM has edited old tapes together in the past. It makes me wonder if the translations we get in English are at all close to what is actually being said.

I read somewhere, but can't find the link, that "Al Qaida" is a name given by The United States to Osama's group, so that they were able to charge him with Racketeering charges, since they have no real evidence to connect him to anything besides his money and his own admission.

I also heard that "Al Qaida" was created as a slam to the muslim people, sort of like "gook", and that it means something like "to take a crap", and that the name used by Osama's followers is closer to Al-Qāhirah (Cairo) or "the Triumphant"

I wish I could find where I heard that tale...
DocMoreau

Cairo

Cairo (Arabic: القاهرة transliteration: Al-Qāhirah), which means "The Vanquisher" or "The Triumphant"

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here is a 7 page PDF of the transcript from Fox News.

Lots more in this one than the ABC transcript unless they've update theirs.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Good post FreeThinkerIdealist!

I do recall Bush saying he IS NOT WORRIED about Bin Laden.

the only logical conclusion i can draw from that is OBL didnt do it in the first place.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They keep saying we are looking to see if there is anything that might be a clue for cells to move forward.

Well I would say the clue to me would be as clear as the nose on your face. The best place to hide something is out in the open so I would say his newly colored beard could be the go for it clue.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I officially change my position from a doubter to the 9/11 conspiracy, to a kinda sorta believer of it. This just simply doesn't look like bin laden.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here is a standalone of the video "teaser" that the news is showing on TV.
Actually, this is more of a standalone.

Have not found the full version. Yet.

[edit on 9/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

Well I would say the clue to me would be as clear as the nose on your face. The best place to hide something is out in the open so I would say his newly colored beard could be the go for it clue.

Beard Symbolism

Among the Jews, as among most Oriental peoples, the beard was especially cherished as a symbol of virility; to cut off another man's beard was an outrage (2 Samuel 10:4); to shave or to pluck one's own beard was a sign of mourning (Jeremiah 41:5; 48:37); to allow the beard to be defiled constituted a presumption of madness (1 Samuel 21:13).

Perhaps the dark Beard means renewed virility?
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
After reading the transcipt released by FOX, I must say that the writer does bring up some good points. I will refrain from saying it was OBL who wrote it (or even said it) until further analysis of the video and direct translation of it. I'm hesitant to believe anything put out by FOX news.

Still, very good points brought up... among them the fact the Dems were elected into control of Congress on the platform of ending the war in Iraq, and it seems they haven't made one single step in that direction. What's that saying? Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Heres a 3 minute example of the video.

Don't know if ATS can see it directly from Liveleak

It doesn't.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
well for all you bush haters out there this wil give him one more reason to claim marshal law and stay in office

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Here is a standalone of the video "teaser" that the news is showing on TV.

Have not found the full version. Yet.

I just watched it. Interesting how the audio continues at one point but the video does not.

If the video is already out there, why would the U.S. say it's coming on the 11th? It's fearmongering and scare tactics, plain and simple. They figure they can get all of us worked up into a frenzy. They are no better than the supposed terrorists they are trying to protect us against. Bushco are terrorists.

You remember the south park episodes where Satan and Sadam were lovers? The same goes for Bush-Laden. I'm just not sure who's the pitcher and who's the catcher.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join