It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden To Address the USA ON 9/11 anniversary

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Who has the most to gain, honestly?

Well, let's make a list.

Main Stream Media. Ratings, ratings, ratings. Who else gets something out of ratings? Advertisers.

Fear mongrels. Those who relish in saying the words 9/11. Those who want you to think you aren't safe. Those who want you to depend on them, instead of yourselves ... when you can organize with you neighbors and community and be much more safe and able to defend yourself than a government or politician could even do in reality. (Plus, we haven't been attacked, think about it, we are killing people over there, wouldn't you think they would have retaliated at least ONCE in 6 years? Seriously, folks.)

Military industrial complex. Simple to understand.

Oil companies. Who do you think puts fuel in all those aircraft and water-fairing ships? Whose profits went up by a couple hundred percent since this all started?

Racists and hate-spreaders. I hope this one is not true ... but it does seem that a certain group has been singled out. People are too foolish to study independently and realize that Islamic extremists are the same as Christian extremists. Murderers, but not the majority. The religions are actually very similar. Or the mislabel of the 'brown arabs' ... but Israel is ok. Most people don't realize that Iran isn't arab, but persian. Ignorance at its finest.

I am sure there are more groups, if you want to go into speculation and conspiracy ... NWO, Cheney taking out Bush to use the presidential directive to be the one to end elections so he can the one to make sure government continues after the 'national emergency'. Lots of stuff could be added here.

Who doesn't benefit? AQ, OBL, etc. unless it is to say they didn't do it.

Of course the troops and the people don't. More 'fear', more gov't effort of lessening rights, more time spent at war, more lives lost overseas fighting someone else's civil war that our elite have been developing for decades.

Sad, sad world we live in today.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by deltaboy
blogs.abcnews.com...

So in three years this man has not changed his clothes, and is still videoing in front of the same damned wall, and got so bored waiting for us to find him he decided to go Grecian?

The only thing different between those two pictures is the color has been adjusted to a greener hue on the newer one and he has a black beard.

I'm a little confused by something...

I did a quick search on whether Muslims had a prohibition on dying one's hair. I immediately found this 2005 source on the issue:

Question:

Assalamu Alaikkum

I want to know if highlighting of hair is allowed in islam.I know that dying white hair to black is prohibited.Can I highlight my black hair?
If dye is used, is abulution completed/accepted?

Answer
Asalamu aleykum

It is allowed for a woman (or a man) to change the hair color, although it should not be colored black. Please read the fatawa below.

If the hair is dyed black, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that when he commanded a man to change his white hair, but to avoid black. He said: “Change this white hair but avoid black.” (See Saheeh Muslim, 5476). A stern warning has also been narrated to the one who does that, namely the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “There will be people at the end of time who will dye their hair black like the crops of birds; they will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4212; al-Nasaa'i, 8/138; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami', 8153). This indicates that it is forbidden to change the hair with black dye. With regard to changing it with different colours of dye, the basic principle is that it is permissible, unless it is done in the manner of kaafir women or immoral women, in which case it is forbidden for that reason, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa' al-Ghaleel, 5/109).

Source.

Am I missing something here?

I'll look for more sources on this issue...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
And if you look at the above post at the graphics and little pictures and crap they use while airing his tapes it looks so set up and theatrical like a Pay Per View event or something.

Yes is done for visual effects because we all know how Americans love reality shows.

BTW I don't waste my time with any soap operas, extreme talks shows or reality shows, I love my own reality the way it is.

You know I will have to agree with some of the supporters of the shape shifters conspiracies.

In the new video Bin-Laden looks greenish, kind of zombie like and who knows maybe a reptilian.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
MSNBC is reporting that bin laden attacks the dmeocrats for not pulling from Iraq and not listening to the American people. Sound familiar?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Dronetek]

link   
I personally think he is dead, just like the article FOX news did on his death. Of course he is more valuable to the Bush Administration and Islamic extremists alive considering he is a useful manipulative tool. I don't think if he died his death would be widely published in any media for the sake of keeping the fires burning.

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

FOX

Then there was the newspaper in France that also reported on his death that CNN wrote about.

U.S., French Intelligence Officials Say Bin Laden Death Report Unconfirmed

PARIS, France (CNN) -- A report that Osama bin Laden is dead has set off a flurry of denials from U.S., French and Pakistani officials, who say the newspaper report citing French intelligence cannot be independently confirmed.

A Saudi intelligence official, however, told CNN on Saturday that the al Qaeda leader is suffering from a waterborne illness. There have been credible reports that the most wanted man in the world is ill, but there is no intelligence indicating he is dead, the source said.

L'Est Republicain, citing a September 21 French foreign intelligence document, reported that Saudi officials had received confirmation that bin Laden died August 23 of typhoid fever in Pakistan.

CNN

So...Usama Bin Laden is to the Bush Administration, as Ras Al Ghul is to Ducard?

Ok, I've been watching Batman Begins a little too often.

link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

Well, let's make a list...

AQ doesn't benefit from the release of these kinds of tapes? Honestly? You believe that? They use these tapes to recruit others to their cause. It is one of the most effective recruitment tools they possess. To suggest they do not benefit is to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are seriously out of touch with reality.

Unless you are of the opinion that AQ doesn't actually exist except as a cover for our Evil Federal govt, in which case, we have nothing further to discuss.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Given the level of activity, the promise of a "special gift," the stock market irregularities and terror arrests over the past few days, this news does kind of freak me out.

Could this be the, "go signal?"

I sure hope I am overreacting here.

And thus the EXACT reaction that YOUR government wants from you so they can LIE some more about this BS war. My advice to everyone here is to take a few psychology classes. Once you do that start studying what the effect of fear does to people. Especially when people in a position of power tells you something.

I just wish this country (the U.S.) would wake up. This administration has been caught in so many lies now that it's amazing that the people of this once great nation still swallows the crap he allows to come out through the bought and paid for media.

Yeah, per our great leaders own words, "We're kicking A.." YEAH RIGHT. That's in response to a later posting in this thread stating that at least we're stopping them.

People, if our security was SO good we would never have had a 911. Do you really think our security is really SO GOOD for the past 6 years that we haven't had ONE single hit here in the states anywhere? WAKE UP. Stop swallowing the lies please.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks for the update, I knew that but I thought that somebody already pointed that issue out.

So thanks for posting it.

I guess Bin-laden wanted to look good on the Americans TVs.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for correcting me

Marshall Law
Martial Law

I knew that
sometimes I go to lunch early, real early.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

People, if our security was SO good we would never have had a 911. Do you really think our security is really SO GOOD for the past 6 years that we haven't had ONE single hit here in the states anywhere? WAKE UP. Stop swallowing the lies please.

I'm always amused when a conspiracist admonished other to wake up and stop swallowing lies.

It just makes me giggle each time it happens.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

AQ doesn't benefit from the release of these kinds of tapes? Honestly? You believe that? They use these tapes to recruit others to their cause.

Then why play them on national TV when they come out?

You can't have it both ways.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

That is why I stand by my believes that 9/11 was an inside job, brought to you by the same profiteers that has brought to us past wars, different generations, same elite.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm going to predict that the video will be him talking more smack pointing his finger saying nothing specific and using the word infidels 100 times with a mountainous background. Followed by 5 days of media coverage about what they think he meant when he pointed his finger and random crap that they think is going to happen. All of which will be total speculation of course.

They will probably have a guest on the news reading his body gestures and movements and reading his facial features to figure out how he felt.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I keep seeing people post about how we are unable to catch OBL if he keeps putting out these videos.

In my opinion it would be easy to produce these videos without being caught. If you notice, the videos are several years apart. I could see the following scenario happen:

Im sure that OBL will on occassion move from one location to another. When OBL gets ready to move to a new location he will produce a video and leave it at an undisclosed location. Once he is safely in his new location he will contact someone to pick up the video he left behind.

If he was producing these videos more frequently, then yes, I think we would be able to apprehend him. But with the infrequency of the videos I can clearly I think its very plausable that he has been able to avoid being captured.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

Well, let's make a list...

AQ doesn't benefit from the release of these kinds of tapes? Honestly? You believe that? They use these tapes to recruit others to their cause. It is one of the most effective recruitment tools they possess. To suggest they do not benefit is to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are seriously out of touch with reality.

Unless you are of the opinion that AQ doesn't actually exist except as a cover for our Evil Federal govt, in which case, we have nothing further to discuss.

I know this is a dead issue because it has been argued on both sides so much that it is cluttered nearly to death. But WHERE did AQ originate? Who started this organization?

Will you believe what the current administration would LIKE you to believe even after many of the big rats have jumped ship and the other even bigger rats have been caught in MANY lies? Or will you believe some of the CIA, FBI, etc. agents that have stated that AQ was created by US as in the U.S. of A.

I know, it would be much easier to swallow if there were these ultimately evil people out there trying to destroy all that is. Granted, most of the world DOES hate us now and yes, there are extremist groups that hate all free countries but this particular 'demonized' group is of our own creation.

Just like Goergie boy said a couple months back, Bin Laden is old news. Let's talk about more important things. WHAT? The president of this country has used fear to its fullest and many people are swallowing it all hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

I'm always amused when a conspiracist admonished other to wake up and stop swallowing lies.

It just makes me giggle each time it happens.

I hear you there. I was one of those people that used to giggle. How many exposed lies will it take then for you to start realizing that the people in power now are in it for the money and power and not for the continued liberty of this country? Seriously, do you think that all of these big wigs bailing out on this president over the past year are doing so simply because they want to 'move on' to other things? Hell no. They are bailing now so that the investigations to follow won't hurt them too much. Even though this administration has abused our constitution so much and set new laws to prevent investigations it does not mean it won't happen.

How many lies does it take for you to start to 'think' for yourself and not believe everything you see on Fox News?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't think they will ever catch Bin Laden. Because if they did, we would have no reason to be there.

Bush said recently we need to keep a SUSTAINED presence in Iraq. I am just waiting for the next inside job pony show to give us a reason to invade Iran.

Lets see, we will call it a troop surge, then we will have a lot of men in Iraq and then wait for a reason to Invade Iran. Hey! What do know! What are the chances that we just happen to have a strong number of ground forces in the region.. What a coincidence! All righty then... it's win win for the Bush/Cheney team! Now we are ready to run air strikes before troops move in.

They had some practice, so they should be a bit better at cover ups.

I wonder who they will try to dress up next year in a Bin Laden outfit. Someone check to see if Tom Cruise is available.

[edit on 9/7/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Maybe you should look into who has been friends with who over the last few decades. There is a reason Bush said (paraphrased) 'I'm not worried about Bin Laden'. Don't ask for a link, if you have been watching half the threads and posted videos on ATS, there are here. I am sure if you looked into it, it would be very easy to find. I don't save every thread I visit on here, I would hope other people read threads and watch videos.

Explain to me, why, if he is such a 'threat' ... Bush wasn't concerned with him any longer?

Think logically now. Don't let what you have believed in the past influence your decision now. If my president isn't worried about someone, that he spent lots of our money to go and 'catch or kill', why did he not 'stay the course' and catch or kill him? Why did we not finish that job? Why is he still alive? If he was no threat then, why is he a threat during elections and at certain critical timing issues with other news? A bit too coincidental ... especially if you are person who doesn't believe in coincidences.

You are right about one thing, if you cannot think outside what you are told, we don't have much to discuss. Recruitment? I think in six years, they would already have everyone that is going to join, in fact, by our actions, people who disagree wouldn't need a 'video' to recruit.

unless ... you are talking about recruitment for the u.s.a. military ... now that makes much more sense. A fine way to recruit more soldiers in theory by displaying a 'threat' to freedom (from outside) ...

but, isn't that a bit illogical, since a reasonably thinking human being would have realized that we should have caught him in our first aggression, when we had him 'hiding in caves', he is on dialysis, and his group was decimated? Why let him go and fight another war before the one you started was finished?

A lot of things don't fit, and I won't try to fit a square in a pentagon.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ABC News

The rambling transcript also mentions French President Nicolas Sarkozy, which suggests the tape was made after Sarkozy's election in May.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
blogs.abcnews.com...

ABC News' Jonathan Karl Reports: ABC News has obtained a transcript of the latest taped message from Osama bin Laden.

Sources tell ABC News the tape is approximately 30 minutes long, and does not contain overt threats to the United States.

According to the transcript, bin Laden opens with "praise to Allah" and his "law of retaliation" -- "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and the killer is killed."

Bin Laden also spoke to the ongoing situation in Iraq throughout the tape, heavily criticizing the Bush administration.

He says to the American people, "you made one of your greatest mistakes, in that you neither brought to account nor punished those who waged this war, not even the most violent of its murderers, [former Defense Secretary Donald] Rumsfeld…"

"You permitted Bush to complete his first term, and stranger still, chose him for a second term, which gave him a clear mandate from you -- with your full knowledge and consent -- to continue to murder our people in Iraq and Afghanistan. Then you claim to be innocent! The innocence of yours is like my innocence of the blood of your sons on the 11th -- were I to claim such a thing."

Bin Laden says President Bush's words echo "neoconservatives like Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Richard Perle."

"People of America: the world is following your news in regards to your invasion of Iraq, for people have recently come to know that, after several years of tragedies of this war, the vast majority of you want it stopped. Thus, you elected the Democratic Party for this purpose, but the Democrats haven't made a move worth mentioning. On the contrary, they continue to agree to the spending of tens of billions to continue the killing and war there."

The transcript indicates that bin Laden refers to statements from U.S. soldiers in Iraq, from an interview taped by a British journalist. Portions of the interview aired in a July report on ABC News.

"It would benefit you to listen to the poignant messages of your soldiers in Iraq, who are paying -- with their blood, nerves and scattered limbs -- the price for these sorts of irresponsible statements," the transcript says.

"Among them is the eloquent message of Joshua which he sent by way of the media, in which he wipes the tears from his eyes and describes American politicians in harsh terms and invites them to join him there for a few days," the statement continues.

According to the transcript, bin Laden says there are two ways to end the war:

"The first is from our side, and it is to continue to escalate the killing and fighting against you."

The second is to do away with the American democratic system of government. "It has now become clear to you and the entire world the impotence of the democratic system and how it plays with the interests of the peoples and their blood by sacrificing soldiers and populations to achieve the interests of the major corporations."

The rambling transcript also mentions French President Nicolas Sarkozy, which suggests the tape was made after Sarkozy's election in May.

Bin Laden comes close to offering a date for the tape with this by saying, "... just a few days ago, the Japanese observed the 62nd anniversary of the annihilation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by your nuclear weapons." The anniversary was on August 6.

He goes on to call Noam Chomsky "among one of the most capable of those from your own side," and mentions global warming and "the Kyoto accord."

He also speaks to recent issues grabbing headlines in the United States, referring to "the reeling of many of you under the burden of interest-related debts, insane taxes and real estate mortgages; global warming and its woes..."

"To conclude," bin Laden says, "I invite you to embrace Islam." He goes on to say: "There are no taxes in Islam, but rather there is a limited Zakaat [alms] totaling 2.5 percent.”

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join