It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You should have said "No one can stop the U.S. from stopping them."

The citizenry of the US can.

It's time for Americans to see that their true enemies are the parasites and liars that keep getting us into wars halfway around the planet that have nothing to do with us.

If they get us into a war with Iran, it's time for a civil war.

I personally look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

That's why I said "If the U.S. has the will.".

The citizens of the U.S. have the ultimate say on how the country is run.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard223
StellarX

Your tactic in arguing is to post something so insane, so off the wall loony that anyone responding to you would have to explain things from the most basic starting point.

Well pick just one specific point you want to argue and go from there; i don't expect a propagandized person such as yourself to have any idea of where to start looking for the data that would in fact support what you have been led to believe.

I could argue each point but it would take days to even get you to a starting point to have a rational conversation with you.

I doubt that you could as far more educated and intelligent people have tried to sell me the same old lies i once believed and had to unlearn.

You are quite insane if you believe even 10% of what you type.

Real history and the truth in general does seem insanely weird when the human product of centuries of social engineering are exposed to it. You are free to have whatever opinion of me you like but obviously it matters little if you can not and will not dispute with facts and data the information i have presented.

I am seriously amazed that people with your beliefs actually exist. Scary indeed.

And sometimes it's hard to be positive about the future of humanity knowing that people such as yourself will have to be entirely re-educated.

As i said at the start i suggest you pick any given subset of the claims i made and dispute them with whatever you consider to to be the truth.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Stellar,

You are a professional board troll. Go outside sometime and get away from the internet. I think you might be the one who gets the "re-education" then. There's a REAL world out there that you are currently out of touch with. The sky is not blue in your world.

I have stated my beliefs, based on fact, in several previous posts. I'm not going to re-state them for someone who just likes to argue for the sake of it. Go back and read.

I think it's odd that someone as "educated" and "all knowing" as you doesn't recognize his own behavior on these boards for what it is....malignant narcissim. You and only you know the truth and everyone else needs to be "re-educated". Laughable.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Iran, my beautiful country, with thousands of years of civilization, has NEVER started any wars..

Well said MASH_DADDY. So true what you said.

There's is no valid reason or justification for attacking Iran. If America does attack Iran I hope you American's are prepared for an international backlash. Most people on this planet will see any attack on Iran as an act of terrorism and there will be serious consequences & repercussions.

|Vanguard wrote
They are killing U.S. soldiers by proxy in Iraq by supplying munitions and support

How many times do I have to say this "PROVE IT". Just like Bush you cant which is definitely suspect especially when you consider the amount of bomb attacks in Iraq over the last few years and the Bush admin does not have one shred of evidence of who is behind the attacks.
That just leaves lies & propaganda which is all the Bush admin needs to convince those who are devoid of common sense and reasoning.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Kindred,

You don't have to love Bush to know that Iran is heading down the road to international sanctions and opening themselves up to possible military action. They are enriching uranium for use in nuclear weapons while saying they only need nuclear power for "peaceful" purposes. At the same time, Amadinijad (sp?) has said Israel should be wiped off the map. You'd be in an uproar if Bush had said something like that. Also, Iran is supplying terrorists in Iraq with weapons and working to further destabilize the country.

By the way, I'm not a Bush lover. I want the man gone.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Prove it?

billroggio.com...

www.breitbart.com...

And just so you don't have to post them, here are some links that support your side...

www.sptimes.com...

blogs.usatoday.com...

It's possible to find articles and opinions supporting both sides but Iran has been known to support terrorism in the past. Are we to believe that they suddenly became nice guys, especially with the rhetoric coming out of their president's mouth lately?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi Vanguard,

Well the so called evidence certainly looks more like propaganda and lies to me. I'm not entirely sure but it certainly looks that way. It appears these mortar shells were manufactured in either Russia or Pakistan. Also lets not forget that the Bush admin is notorious for using these tactics to win over the American people. The lies and propaganda leading up to the Iraq war is the perfect example.

Alot of people on this website have done alot of research in regards to the evidence you present and have found no connection to Iran.

agonist.org...

www.cosmiciguana.com...

www.pof.gov.pk... pakistan mortar shells

Vanguard
It's possible to find articles and opinions supporting both sides but Iran has been known to support terrorism in the past. Are we to believe that they suddenly became nice guys, especially with the rhetoric coming out of their president's mouth lately?

Well every country that I know of supports and carries out acts of terrorism for some reason or another. That's no justification for attacking an entire country. What's happening in Iraq is of grave concern to the Iranian government, especially when America their arch enemy has installed a subservient puppet government. It's just saddam all over again, which is the last thing the Iranian government or people want. Funny how no one mentions the acts of terrorism that is spilling into Iran and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bush admin was behind it.

What a mess but when cronies like Bush are involved. What do you expect.

As for Ahmadinejad's speech stating that israel should be wiped off the map. Hasn't that already been debunked. He was speaking in Farsai and said "the Israeli regime must vanish from the page of time".

en.wikipedia.org... What Ahmadinejad really said and what he meant.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I would like nothing better than to see Iran become a Democracy but it's upto the Iranian people and them alone to bring it about. The last thing they want and need is Bush's version of democracy. The hell hole that is Iraq.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It is an adsurd and uninforcible standard, and a double standard to boot.

Israel has nuclears... possilby aided by the U.S.
Pakistan has nuclears.
India has nuclears.

Some of those cases we protested, others we did not. We tend to play favorites.

I am not in favor of nuclear weapons and would like to see ALL of them, ours and everybody elses banned.

Besides all of that, if we unilaterally attack Iran over their nukes without explicit UN sanction, we are once again the aggressor and as such in the wrong giving Iran every right to retiliate.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

If Iran doesn't do anything stupid to give us an excuse, I'm sure our leaders are quite wiling to kill a lot of Americans to make sure they get their pretext...

Roger that!

[edit on 1-9-2007 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It would be a Bad idea to attack Iran. Iraq was supposed to be easy...they had UN sanctions since the first gulf war, they were constantly attacked threw out the Clinton administration. They were a really weakened country when Bush started his war...now look at it.

Iran would be a bloodbath yes we can knock out many targets but history has proven that we can't get them all with air strikes. If you think that Iran will not respond to our air strikes, by most likely invading Iraq to attack our troops there, and by disrupting all shipping in the Gulf, then you are delusional. Also it would be the third country that we have preemptively attacked. Half the world rose up against Nazi Germany but only till they had preemptively attacked 3 countries.

Much of the world sees The United States as out of control, under the Bush Administration. I do also wonder how much of the world see us as weakened by the mess in Iraq. Would this not embolden our enemies....like counties and not just terror groups.

Vanguard223 is it possible for you to debate your opinions here without the name calling. You have called me an idiot for believing that tortured did indeed happen at abu ghraib prison in Iraq, you called StellarX a professional board troll ???? when you are posting more than he is and other than your opinions you are not proving any links to back up your claims. You are calling people insane just because they don't agree with your views. Can you give us a break and spare us your name calling and stay on topic. At least try to prove your points.

clock out and keep working and Vote for Ron Paul....Our constitution is the only thing that ever made the United States Good.....lets all help him save us all!!

the only bumper sticker for 08 that I have seen so far is for Ron Paul...woot woot

[edit on 1-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
It would be a Bad idea to attack Iran. Iraq was supposed to be easy...they had UN sanctions since the first gulf war, they were constantly attacked threw out the Clinton administration. They were a really weakened country when Bush started his war...now look at it.

Iran would be a bloodbath yes we can knock out many targets but history has proven that we can't get them all with air strikes. If you think that Iran will not respond to our air strikes, by most likely invading Iraq to attack our troops there, and by disrupting all shipping in the Gulf, then you are delusional. Also it would be the third country that we have preemptively attacked. Half the world rose up against Nazi Germany but only till they had preemptively attacked 3 countries.

Much of the world sees The United States as out of control, under the Bush Administration. I do also wonder how much of the world see us as weakened by the mess in Iraq. Would this not embolden our enemies....like counties and not just terror groups.

AMEN to that. I am glad that some of these hot heads on here are being countered by cooler minds.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Originally posted by kindred

|Vanguard wrote
They are killing U.S. soldiers by proxy in Iraq by supplying munitions and support

How many times do I have to say this "PROVE IT". Just like Bush you cant which is definitely suspect especially when you consider the amount of bomb attacks in Iraq over the last few years and the Bush admin does not have one shred of evidence of who is behind the attacks.
That just leaves lies & propaganda which is all the Bush admin needs to convince those who are devoid of common sense and reasoning.

Well, here are a few sources for you:

Iran shells Kurdish guerillas in northern Iraq

Kurds flee homes as Iran shells villages in Iraq

PrairiePundit: Iran shells Kurdish area of Iraq

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by kindred

Originally posted by kindred

|Vanguard wrote

Well, here are a few sources for you:

Iran shells Kurdish guerillas in northern Iraq

Kurds flee homes as Iran shells villages in Iraq

PrairiePundit: Iran shells Kurdish area of Iraq

Uh this proves what??
Did they kill any America troops? did they injure any American troops?? Did they get caught suppling weapons or material to groups that are attacking American troops???

Remember the one about Saddam wants to attack us with WMD

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

erm no actualy calling of destruction was missinterpreted he didnt say such thing as wipe them off its just bush changeing things and no they are not a threat israel is more of a threat killing innocent people locking them up and they have already got 200 nukes think about that one israel with nukes

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Uh this proves what??
Did they kill any America troops? did they injure any American troops?? Did they get caught suppling weapons or material to groups that are attacking American troops???

Well, the very minimum it proves is that those who say Iran is not interfering in Iraq are living with their heads stuck in the sand.

Thay have been brainwashed into believing that Iran is innocent of anything bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has said the Iranian government (a distinct entity from the people of Iran, the ones who would really suffer if we attacked) is innocent of anything... no government on this planet can claim innocence, especially ours.

What I have said repeatedly is that the fate of Iraq is in the interest of all the countries in the region, and given its large Shiia population, especially Iran. If they did not meddle in what was going on there I would be surprised.... HOWEVER so are the Syrian, the Saudi's and the turks and probably the Jordanians as well. We single out Iran for political reasons, not because it is the only nation meddling in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard223

They are enriching uranium for use in nuclear weapons while saying they only need nuclear power for "peaceful" purposes.

wrong. every report from the IAEA says that the little highly enriched uranium they have(which was supplied by the US years ago) isnt enough for a weapon, and the uraium they are enriching is not highly enriched enough for weapons.
They are being dodgey no doubt but so was Saddam and we saw how that turned out.

The International Atomic Energy Agency said in its report that Iran was being unusually cooperative and had reached an agreement with the agency to answer questions about an array of suspicious past nuclear activities that have led many nations to suspect it harbors a secret effort to make nuclear arms...“This is the first time Iran is ready to discuss all the outstanding issues which triggered the crisis in confidence,” Mohamed ElBaradei, the I.A.E.A. director general, said in an interview. “It’s a significant step.”

then the US says this...

But the Bush administration and its allies, saw the latest report as more evidence of defiance, not cooperation.

“There is no partial credit here,” a State Department spokesman, Tom Casey, said Thursday. “Iran has refused to comply with its international obligations, and as a result of that the international community is going to continue to ratchet up the pressure.”

www.nytimes.com...
Do you see how now matter what happens they will spin it as them being the bad guys? the exact same thing happend with iraq
The same guy, Elbaradei, said Saddam had not restarted its weapons program, in response the US did this...

One year ago, the Bush administration was waging a vigorous but solitary campaign to oust ElBaradei -- including a complete halt of intelligence sharing with the agency, recruitment of potential replacements and eavesdropping on his calls in search of ammunition to use against him.

The United States helped install ElBaradei in his job eight years ago, but his refusal in 2003 to confirm White House allegations that Iraq had rebuilt its nuclear weapons program lost ElBaradei the American support he had enjoyed.

www.washingtonpost.com...
i think this article is good.
www.cnn.com...

At the same time, Amadinijad (sp?) has said Israel should be wiped off the map.

wrong again.

"Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to wipe Israel off the map because no such idiom exists in Persian," "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."

www.nytimes.com...

Also, Iran is supplying terrorists in Iraq with weapons and working to further destabilize the country.

while this hasnt been proven, you have to question the previous history of the guys making these claims. Also, the US supports Jundallah, a terrorist orgainzation in iran. I guess it ok if the US supports terrorism?
en.wikipedia.org...

and lastly, 90% of iran is shia, and alqeada is sunni extremists, if america was smart iran could be a powerful ally in the war on terror. Instead we are working on war with 2 of the 3 major sects of islam which is about 1.5 billion people according the cia world factbook. If a minority in iraq could be this troublesome for US forces what would happen if they tossed aside thier differences to face a common enemy? oh wait thats already happening..www.guardian.co.uk...
www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 1-9-2007 by turbokid]

[edit on 1-9-2007 by turbokid]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

So you didn't see anyone denying that Iran supplies troops or weapons to the insurgency? Or saying that there is no connection? Bullcrap.

We are not singling out Iran, even though it would be prudent to do so, seeing as how they sponsor terrorism and are developing nuclear weapons.

Please don't ask me to "prove that", grover. You know damn well it's true.

And save the the US bashing sure to follow - I've heard it a million times.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky:
Well, the very minimum it proves is that those who say Iran is not interfering in Iraq are living with their heads stuck in the sand.

That was not the issue! But it is likely they are involved its the neighboring country that has been blown to hell involving a Illegal War!! They do not live thousands of miles away. Where they[Iran] provoked in what happened?..Do you know or care?? Also didn't Turkey move into some parts of Iraq or threaten too, over the possibility of a Kurdish state???

also

Originally posted by jsobecky:
Thay have been brainwashed into believing that Iran is innocent of anything bad.

Ok first of all Im a dissenter I don't automatically believe Everything my government says....I have, as we all do Good Reason Not Too. What about you?

Ok I know Iran backs what we call terrorist groups. Thats our point of view, there point of view is that they are Freedom fighters.....They are fighting Israel and the main country that backs them....that would be US! So what about the fundamentalist christens groups that are sending money to Israel so they have money to build settlements on land that was forcibly taken from Palestinians Not to mention the millions if not billions of money and weapons that flow to Israel from the USA.....maybe thats why they are funding what we call terrorist groups. Am I making any since to you....Its a vicious cycle that somehow must end. Hopefully it doesn't end in the destruction of Israel or the Palestinians. Ok complex isn't it....and yes it sucks.....Now Just How Would Attacking Iran Help???????

I believe Ron Paul might be one that can help with this problem, not make it worse. What do you think of him jsobecky?? any thoughts??

If we used our tax payer money right here at home....there would not ever have been much of a middle east conflict......

BTW I do not condone terrorists attacks against civilians ...never have never will.....But if you can't even understand why they fight or even try too. whats the point

and you still say that Iran is suppling weapons and material to kill our troops even though you or anyone else right now can't prove it
I wonder what the CIA is doing over there right now....you think we might be interfering or providing weapons or material against the Government of Iran??

I also don't condone the governments of Iran Israel or any other government

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join