It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

Only an idiot would call Abu Grhaib torture?... Are you really that far gone? Now i understand why I got such canned answers from you on myprevious posts....What you just implied is mind boggling

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

After your Abu Grhaib quote, I don't know if I can take anything you say seriously. Only an idiot would call Abu Grhaib torture? You actually think what went on there was anything but torture? You can't be for real. But I digress:

1) Terrorism is a criminal act. Not an act of war. Treat it as such.

2) bombing the USS Cole doesis proof of inovlement in 9/11. If you actually knew anything about the case, you'd know that Bin laden initially denied responsibility for the attacks. There was never proof on the table. If you go to the FBI's most wanted page, you'll notice that Bin Laden is not listed as wanted for the 9/11 attacks. This is because the even the FBI admits they don't have enough evidence to link him to the attacks. Don't believe me? Look it up.

3) Your arguing semantics. The issue with the Patriot Act is that how an enemy combatatn is determined is not clear.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

8) The fact that the Japense bombed Pearl Harbor, is not disutable fact. Wheter or not FDR Had Forknowledge, is open for debate. Your whole conspiracy theorist sounds like it was lifted by one of those hit pieces thatr seek to "discredit" anything but the official account of events.

When people are given acceptable answers and there is full disclosure by the authorities, people tend to accept the official account.

When the authorities don't answer basic questions, destroy evidence, ingore important leads and reach a conclusion that seems predetermined, thinking folks start to ask questions and alternnative theories emerge.

Theories that hold no water, fizzle. (Ex: The idea that Katrina was created by weather enhancing weaponry)

This holds true for government fairy tales- The JFK assassination and the magic bullet is a classic example

The fact that there are so many legimate unaswered questions about 9/11 is why people continue asking.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
StellarX

Your tactic in arguing is to post something so insane, so off the wall loony that anyone responding to you would have to explain things from the most basic starting point. I could argue each point but it would take days to even get you to a starting point to have a rational conversation with you. You are quite insane if you believe even 10% of what you type. I am seriously amazed that people with your beliefs actually exist. Scary indeed.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Uh...I'm not discounting anything. If you read my post. You'd know that my point is that:

1) outside of 9/11, you're really pushing it by saying thousands of Americans have been killed by Islamic terrorists since the 1970's

2) The US has killed far more innocent civilians around the world in that mentioned time frame.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcolmdelaney
reply to post by Jaruseleh

You're right, we invaded Iraq because of WMD's. WMD's which didn't exist. WMD's that the Bush regime flat out lied about.

I'd just like to point out that the intel we had said it was a "sure bet" that saddam had WMD's. Even the democrats voted to go to war for this...not to mention George Tennet was head of CIA at the time...Clinton appointed head of CIA. I'm really getting tired of everyone saying "bush lied" about the wmd's, because there's a long list of names you have to add with his if you want to use that argument.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard223
reply to post by TheBandit795

This is a serious question.

Am I allowed to disagree that 9/11 was a U.S. government conspiracy or do you only allow posts that agree that it was a conspiracy?

Of course you are allowed to disagree. What you are not allowed to do on ATS is calling people "liberal" just as it's not allowed for other people to call you "Bushie". Abovepolitics has different rules where that is concerned.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Oh, and Bandit...you are endorsing a politician in your signature.

You said it... It's in my signature.

Btw... You can discuss politics on ATS that are conspiracy related.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
God Help America.

First I will start off by saying that I myself am an Iranian, although I am living in Australia, I still have very much knowledge about my country, its culture, people, but not so much the politics side.. Some of the posts I have seen on other forums and sites, are just absolutely appalling and down right insulting and disgraceful. People claim so much crap these days that its not funny, and as soon as it is heard on FOX or CNN they jump to conclusions and immediately start pointing the finger at my country without giving any of it thought what so ever. First of all.. Iran, my beautiful country, with thousands of years of civilization, has NEVER started any wars.. We have only defended our heritage and our culture from being destroyed. Since when have we invaded other countries? Even when America helped Saddam in the Iran / Iraq war by supplying him with all types of biochemical weapons and other ill sh*t. WE STILL held them back, and we fought..not as a country. But as brothers! Thats one reason IRAN cannot be bullied about.. The nationalism that Iranians share is among one of the greatest in the world! And yet... these.. sick blood thirsty tyrants, these ill minded men.. who will go to any lengths to justify their reasons for war, think that they can change the regime, with their tanks, missiles and airplanes. The U.S cannot remain a superpower for ever.. Just like the expression "Champions don't last for ever".. SO WHY is America so paranoid? Why do they want to stop Iran so badly... Here is ONE of the reaons: The U.S NEEDS Israel to be the "stabilizing" force in the middle east and not Iran.. if Israel were to lose power.. this could be considered as a catastrophe.. not only for the Jewish NEO-cons in the U.S, but for Israel as well obviously. They will lose all control of the region, as they currently are very slowly.. I would be really speechless if I were to turn on the TV and see another 9/11.. or something similar. But then again, I wouldn't be so surprised, as I have heard so many theories and stories, that I'm kind of expecting this to happen within the next 2 years. I will pray for America and her people, so that she does not collapse as did the Roman empire. I hope ALL of her people do the same..Because the rest really depends on the American people to stand up and say they've had enough. And I'm still amazed that after 9/11 many people still go on living as nothing ever happened.. what are we going to tell our grandchildren? "We are living in poverty, war, famine, disasters.. etc.. Because we weren't brave enough to stand up to the fascist bastards, they got away with crime after crime against humanity" America will collapse for sure, IF it continues on this path of "War against terror".. Or more like "War for Terror" I wish ALL the American public would just stand up, and protest non stop and scream "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!", but sadly, many don't.. Many couldn't careless what happens, as long as they have their money, power, and hair still attached, they are happy. Please forgive me for my long post, I wish I could have made it shorter, but felt that this needed to be said. AND REMEMBER:

"The Earth is but ONE country, and Mankind ALL its citizens" - Baha'i Faith

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Iran, my beautiful country, with thousands of years of civilization, has NEVER started any wars..

very true..

Even when America helped Saddam in the Iran / Iraq war by supplying him with all types of biochemical weapons and other ill sh*t. WE STILL held them back,

they
sure did, iraq would have been beaten badly if not for americas intervention. BTW it was americas support that made him brave enough to take on the iranians, and saddam overshot his bounds by trying the same thing in kuwait.

and we fought..not as a country. But as brothers! Thats one reason IRAN cannot be bullied about.. The nationalism that Iranians share is among one of the greatest in the world!

agreed ! several historians have said that fighting the persians was one of the major factors for the fall of the roman empire. The roman legions were expecting an easy victory but ended up in a hard fight, that led to an increase in soldiers to the region (a "surge" if you will) leaving less soldiers to defend rome. The roman leaders had to over-tax its citizens to keep fighting. America can learn a lesson here, but she wont.

good post in general i wont address the israel issue to keep the thread away from bickering about "jews" etc. but i will say that you are spot on

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well said couldn't agree with you more. Now really suprise me and say you're a US citizen.

All the best,

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Didn't Bush pass something to extend presidency with an emergency?
Would us attacking Iran be enough? O r would they have to hit us first to be considered emergency?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
wait wait wait if bush bombs iran doesnt that put iran into the deffencive therefore they can strike back at america hard and it wont be illegal because bush hit first so iran is just deffending its country from a attacker?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Iran is a threat to the entire planet........to deny that is total IGNORANCE

I agree m8.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Who Dares Wins

Iran is a threat to the entire planet........to deny that is total IGNORANCE

I agree m8.

The same could be said about our swaggering idiot of a president.

I would be far more worried about an unstable Pakistan who has nuclear weapons now than a stable Iran who might have them in 5 or 10 years.

If we go and unilaterally attack Iran once more we, not then, we will be the aggressor and this time unlike already weakened Iraq, we will be biting off far more than we can chew. The people in the penatgon must know this.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by grover]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
iran a threat
bush is a threat iran has no nukes never will unless you attack iran will go into all out deffencive meaning our boys in iraq will be getting killed every day oil prices rise iran counter attacks iran gets big nuke and then we shut our mouths and blaim bush for the mistake.

im with iran 100% they have the right and no one can stop them

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
From the OP:

"If I were a betting man I would bet that they will attack Iran before the end of this administration, which means in the next year or so," the Congressman told the Alex Jones Show today.

Ron Paul appeared on the Alex Jones Show? That is disturbing. He better be careful; he could be associated with a wacko element, and thus destroy any chance he has of getting elected.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Well said couldn't agree with you more. Now really suprise me and say you're a US citizen.

All the best,

Yep.

From New Jersey no less

Jsobecky,

Given how he is pointedly ignored by the mainstream media, I don't think Mr. Paul has any choice but to spread his message anywhere people will listen. He has tremendous grassroots support but his policy ideas are just too threatening to the be allowed into mainstream debate. He's already viewed as "out there" because that's how the corporate media wants to spin his candidacy.

[edit on 8/31/07 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Oh, and Bandit...you are endorsing a politician in your signature.

You said it... It's in my signature.

Btw... You can discuss politics on ATS that are conspiracy related.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by TheBandit795]

I apologize for breaking the rules here. The truth is that I didn't fully read the rules governing conduct on the site. I will follow the rules from now on.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
iran a threat
bush is a threat iran has no nukes never will unless you attack iran will go into all out deffencive meaning our boys in iraq will be getting killed every day oil prices rise iran counter attacks iran gets big nuke and then we shut our mouths and blaim bush for the mistake.

im with iran 100% they have the right and no one can stop them

If we have the will to stop them, we'll stop them. You should have said "No one can stop the U.S. from stopping them."

Iran is a threat as long as they keep calling for the destruction of Israel and supplying weapons to insurgents in Iraq. We already have enough reason to execute a military strike on Iran. They are killing U.S. soldiers by proxy in Iraq by supplying munitions and support.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join