It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year

www.prisonplanet.com

Presidential candidate Ron Paul believes that an attack on Iran is highly likely within a year and that the Bush administration is simply waiting for the right opportunity, or event on which to blame Iran, before launching the assault.

"If I were a betting man I would bet that they will attack Iran before the end of this administration, which means in the next year or so," the Congressman told the Alex Jones Show today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
even Ron Paul thinks that this is going to happen... it's basically inevitable as long as the neo-cons ( i prefer to call them: part of the elite ) are in power... :-(

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
US contingency plans to attack Iran.

The last part of Ron's quote is what gave me chills... "but they had to wait for the right opportunity." As in, we're just waiting for the right opportunity to attack Iran.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
the blaiming game has already started bush saying iran backing terrorists etc as much as i dont want war i no it will happen damn bush!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is a pretty big deal!! A presidential candidate actually coming out and saying what we all know is going to happen.

Do you think there will be a Tonkin Incident say 'sinking' or 'attacking' of the aircraft carriers. Or will it just be out of the blue with WMDS Terrorisim etc used as an excuse afterwards? The U.S clearly can't go to the U.N with this can they?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
the blaiming game has already started bush saying iran backing terrorists etc as much as i dont want war i no it will happen damn bush!

Yes, "damn bush!" Nevermind that Iran is working on Nuclear weapons and even France, [sarcasm]One of our staunchest allies[/sarcasm], said military action is needed if Iran doesn't knock it off.

yes, damn bush.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
In terms of how the American Admin wages wars today,the Iran war is really already underway.
Chapter one is the boiling up of propaganda brew to serve hot to the masses.
Thats where we are at now.
Chapter Two is the excuse to invade,just as chapter one peaks.
Chapter three is the military operation.

Hate to say it-but I cannot see the USADMIN doing a U turn on this path to another war.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As a American Im sick of meddling in other countries affairs....I don't want my country to be the worlds policeman....If Iran develops nuke weapons...fine...if they use them against us then we should turn there country to glass.

Let the UN deal with them......and I don't mean the UN using Us to deal with them.

Don't listen to Bush about Iran...was he right about Iraq and Afghanistan.... Our attention should be on finding Osama Bin Laden point blank!!. Not nation building and being the worlds police force.

BTW Ron Paul Rock!!!!!

Funny how we did nothing about a nuclear North Korea....hmmm maybe it is about the oil!!!

[edit on 29-8-2007 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 29-8-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
Nevermind that Iran is working on Nuclear weapons and even France, [sarcasm]One of our staunchest allies[/sarcasm], said military action is needed if Iran doesn't knock it off.

So, let me get this straight? Iran is a threat to United States because they are working on nuclear weapons. Is the United States a threat to Iran, because we have nuclear weapons..... or because we are positioned near the country, or because the CIA once overthrow their government, or because western allies have appeared in their waters. Who has more reason to be afraid Iran (a shia, non suni extremist aka Al queda country) or the US?

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So now it is not like Ron Paul is the only one saying this, it is also Bush,
and the former CIA operative. Well guess what America, you guys are headed
to a new age of war, and a new age of terrorists. Iraq was not even as big
as Iran is, and once you guys target them I think some sort of Shieks will
call for a jihad.
They will start protesting because USA has only attacked Islamic countries.
Afghanistan, Iraq, and pretty soon Iran. Muslims from all over the world will
not take this lightly. This will spiral out into a religion war.
But that is just my prediction, don't hold your breath!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

He is not the only one saying this , but he is the only one running for President of the United States saying this!!!....This is a big deal....Americans don't want to be in the wars where already in much less getting into another war with a more capable foe.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well if Bush attacks before he leaves office, then the next president is going
to be left fighting this war. Yes, USA wants to be in and out, but Iran is not very dumb. Iran knows US has soldiers in Iraq, and that is where they will probably
hit them very hard. So basically Iraq has a good chance of being a big grave
site for both sides.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Do you think there will be a Tonkin Incident say 'sinking' or 'attacking' of the aircraft carriers. Or will it just be out of the blue with WMDS Terrorisim etc used as an excuse afterwards? The U.S clearly can't go to the U.N with this can they?

I doubt the US would use or even wait for a incident like Tonkin actually go into Iran. There are supposedly Iran back units attacking the Allies in Iraq now, thats enough to go to war.

With France declaring it would go to war with Iran if it went nuclear, I think many countries may fall in with France. Since Iran has missles that can reach much of Europe, youll see much more support and effort by those countries if war with Iran happens. I don't think any of Iran's missle could carry a nuclear bomb, I am pretty sure that they could easily carry a "dirty bomb."

Personally, I think the only reason we stayed out of Iran is because the limited number of voluntary soilders the US could deploy. If the US wants to go into Iran more soldiers will be needed. So I would say to expect some kind of "terror attack" in Iraq, something that could be blamed on the Iranians. Something that would turn opinion of Iran even further into the negative. Something that may cause mass volunteering of people into the military. I truley believe if the US went to war with Iran the draft would be reinstated. Maybe this is the reason for the recent troop deployment to Washington D.C. and other odd troop movements in the US....to quell any riots.

[edit on 29/8/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I personally don't really give a damn if Iran is working on the bomb or not.
Even with a small nuclear arsenal, they are no threat to the US - they know perfectly well that any nuclear attack on the US, even one carried out by a third-party group like Hezbollah, would result in a retaliatory strike that would turn Iran into a radioactive parking lot.

This is not about a threat to the United States (except maybe to our access to Gulf oil), this is about a potential (and unlikely at that) threat to Israel. The Israelis don't want to lose their nuclear monopoly in the Mideast, and the freedom of action that brings.

Personally I don't give a damn about Israel, they chose to colonize someone else's land, now they whine about the consequences - boo freakin hoo

Israel isn't worth sacrificing the life of a single US serviceman or airman, period. They made their bed, now let them lie in it.

Bravo to Ron Paul, but this is the kind of honesty and common sense that will ensure the corporate media will continue to make a point of ignoring him, sadly enough.

There are supposedly Iran back units attacking the Allies in Iraq now, thats enough to go to war.

Funny how we constantly make noise about Iranian support going to Shiite militias, and yet we ignore the huge amount of support our buddies the Saudis are sending to Sunni terror groups, including the fact that Saudi's constitute the vast majority of the "foreign fighters" attacking US forces, and the fact that Sunni groups have killed far more US soldiers than the Shiite groups supported by the Saudis.

Funny how Iran's nuke program is represented as a dire threat, even though the Saudi nuclear program and missile buildup is totally ignored. This of course doesn't even include Pakistan, which actually has nukes, and whose military and ISI (creators of the Taliban) are full of Islamist sympathizers. Frankly, if a nuclear weapon ends up in the hands of terrorists, it's far more likely to come from Pakistan than Iran, though we'll probably use it as an excuse to nuke Iran anyway.

[edit on 8/29/07 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Funny how we did nothing about a nuclear North Korea....hmmm maybe it is about the oil!!!

did nothing about north korea? Did they not just recently announce they're standing down from their nuclear endeavors? We did the same thing with Libya. Everyone here acts like our only wish is to blow the hell out of countries. We've talked two major nuclear powers out of their development of weapons.

someone else mentioned something about "let Iran nuke us, then we'll react". That's just plain dumb...what would you tell the families of all the people who die in that first strike? "Oh, we were just waiting to see if they'd do it, and who'd have thunk it, they did!"

I'm really starting to think we need another 9/11 to wake people up again. We've become complaicent to the point where we're ok with someone attacking us first. Frankly, it disgusts me.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm really starting to think we need another 9/11 to wake people up again.

Well don't worry, I'm sure the neocons are working on that as we speak.

It's clear they want to go to war with Iran.

If Iran doesn't do anything stupid to give us an excuse, I'm sure our leaders are quite wiling to kill a lot of Americans to make sure they get their pretext...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaruseleh

You think we need another 9/11??? ....that is way overboard!!...I bet you think we were attacked on 9/11 because of our freedoms too.....I humbly ask you to rethink what you just wrote....

And about North Korea...Im thinking they finished building the bombs out of the materials they had.....and That would be a good reason to stop there nuke program. I also think we should but out of the North Korea situation too.... again the US should not be the worlds police force..

Under this administration if North Korea was 1. Muslim, and 2. had lots of oil we would be all up in their business like we are toward Iran.

Go Ron Paul!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor

You are a complete fool if you think Iran ISN'T backing terrorists. They have been since the 70's. Intellectual dishonesty helps no one.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Iran's nutjob Prez has already clearly stated his intent to bring on the end of the world to release the 12th Imam.

If that "leftist" Bush does attack, God Bless him.

Iran is a threat to the entire planet........to deny that is total IGNORANCE

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

We did somthing, korea is a success, we are "doing something" the diplomatic way. Iran continues to defy the international community. France, who is notoriously weak on such stances said, that they would be willing to chip in in the form of military action if it meant stopping a nuclear capable Iran. Its not just the US who is noticeably worried.
The difference between North Korea and Iran is, Iran is actually threatening to wipe isreal off the map. Korea never made such threats.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join