It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg...their surely august multitude.

And I shall remain veridical with the choice I have made.

"To thine own self be true, or to no man canst thou be true..."

-Some Dude

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
I can assure you I shall endeavor at all times to remain respectful and deserving of such an honor, good MrPenny.

I can, but I shan't.

And now you know the attitude for which I coined the phrase "unctuous snottiness". At the very least, if I think you're a jerk, I'll tell you; you're a jerk. Nothing snide, fancy, or cute.

Hypothetically speaking of course. I would never direct that sort of comment to a respected and deserving member such as yourself.

Here's one for ya'......"pedantic".

Now I'll leave you all so that you may continue to fall all over yourselves trying to insult me. This is truly comical. I can't wait to show this off at work.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just found this article from NASA talking about how they can keep fresh fruits and vegetables longer. NASA Helps Wipe Away Worries About Germs . strange how this article came out now after zorgon started investigating their cargo manifests, maybe they're getting a little nervous.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by usin420]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by usin420
I just found this article from NASA talking about how they can keep fresh fruits and vegetables longer. NASA Helps Wipe Away Worries About Germs . strange how this article came out now after zorgon started investigating their cargo manifests, maybe they're getting a little nervous.

Hm..couldn't see any estimates of how long this will extend the shelf life.

I wonder if the producer is prepared to give a statement on that ?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can't believe there was commercial interests in building a hotel on the moon 40 years ago, just amazing! I have only been on this site for about three months now so I'm still a newb but everytime there is a thread with johnlear and zorgon, I am just blown away. I am still reading throught all the links posted, but I heard mention of a cheshire cat. Is this what you are talking about?

Lightweight optoelectronic systems built around advanced image sensors and display panels have been proposed for making selected objects appear nearly transparent and thus effectively invisible. These systems are denoted "adaptive camouflage" because unlike traditional camouflage, they would generate displays that would change in response to changing scenes and lighting conditions...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.techbriefs.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I took a quick glance over at the website of the company that produces the sanitizer but i couldn't find any info on how long it extends it but i emailed them. heres the link to their homepage Microcide, Inc.
Here's a link to the Efficacy of Chemical Treatment it explains in detail the treatments but no mention of the shelf life extension period

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by usin420

Great find usin420!

And refreshingly on topic as well!

It would be wonderful if this adaptive camouflage technology could be used to transform offending phrases such as "uttered with unrestrained enthusiasm" to something less verbose such as; "effusive effluence" or to go one step further; lowering the "vomited syllable" count to something more digestible (to certain parties), like "gushy gushing," b'gosh!

Perhaps it would then be easier to stay on topic despite one's choice of ATS T&C compliant expression and avoid off topic personal attacks by the perennially bunched up panties bunch.

Thanks also for the anti-microbial compound link, usin420.

That's easily a whiny, shiny, penny's worth of germ-free food for thought!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

This is a to big coincidence...?
And now they can keep fruits and vegetables fresh for like a half a year?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Theyve been able to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for ages.

I still have onions from my garden from last year, carrots too, apples will store very well if kept correctly as will turnips, beet, and many other vegies.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
This is a to big coincidence...?
And now they can keep fruits and vegetables fresh for like a half a year?

I have friends in the military who say "There is no such thing as coincidence..." but it could be a fluke... it is funny though that they removed the article with the pictures of the oranges... on Sept 14, 2007 and now this one...

Its just too weird... Thanks for the find AWESOME timing

To Chorlton

Yes you can keep certain vegetable for long periods here on Earth, but NASA pointedly stated the shelf life of the fruits etc by name and that they would only last a few days in space, needing to be eaten quickly... Funny thing is the Progress takes three days, sometime four to get there...

Must be pretty ripe when they take delivery... and it still leaves the quantity of half a ton...

The other thing is the ESA ship seems to be able to undock and land in a 3hrs and 28 minutes... so why does it take our guys three days?

To Mr Penny Being at a loss for words after seeing the shopping mall is understandable, but trying to find words to distract the thread... shame

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The other thing is the ESA ship seems to be able to undock and land in a 3hrs and 28 minutes... so why does it take our guys three days?

Because it has experiments and other things to do rather than just heading directly for the Space Station? or is that too simple an explanation for a conspiracy theorist?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

To Mr Penny Being at a loss for words after seeing the shopping mall is understandable, but trying to find words to distract the thread... shame

"Shopping mall"?? That's pretty cryptic. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Get off your high horse. I made one light hearted comment about a poster's choice of words, (this after being roundly scolded by J. Lear and the sort for my choice of words, "hello? kettle?, I the pot say you are black). Following my comment the twisted panties bunch went nuts trying to outdo each other with insults and witty putdowns.

I'll point out that my comments to you concern the on-topic content of your posts, usually about how poorly your arguments are structured, but still within the topic. The best you have for me is a gripe about semantics?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by MrPenny]

[edit on 24-9-2007 by MrPenny]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

You're right, I apologize for sound like a giddy little school girl but I am just at a loss of words for the respect I have for Zorgon, John, and everyone else here on ATS that takes the time to research and post all this information for everyone to freely decide for themselves what is the truth. But you shouldn't be attacking me so harshly, it was only my second post ever on this website and my first time posting on a forum online.... Back on topic, I think what zorgon was hinting at with the "cheshire cat" may be that the SSS has some type of optic camouflage so it couldn't be seen with a regular telescope, but I'm sure he can eloborate on it better than I can.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh and goosdawg

Originally posted by goosdawg
Zorgon, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Absolutely stunning work!

Your presentation transcends the available superlatives listed in the online thesaurus.

And thanks again also to Mr Lear for setting this juggernaut in motion!

I shall now engage in quiet, yet active contemplation of the remarkable information you have so generously bestowed upon us, and attempt to constrain my eager anticipation of the edifying bounty yet to be revealed!

I am enthralled...

This sure sounds like "gushing" to me, so don't single me out just because I can't articulate my words as well as you. That being said I don't want to take up anymore threadspace for pointless arguments, I will go back to observing unless I have something to add to the actual topic of this thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by usin420

Guilty as charged.

I was absolutely, one hundred percent, gushing like a twittering giddy school girl.

My point exactly.

Anyone who isn't thrilled or inspired by what has been presented here, or would attempt to throw the thread off track with petty whining about semantic choices should be considered artless, base-count apple-johns.

I too, am astounded at the information presented by Zorgon, Mr Lear and everyone else who has actually contributed something of merit to this discussion.

I meant no offense to YOU, usin420, and I sincerely apologize for the confusion.

Your posts concerning optical camo and anti-microbial compounds are dead-on relevant to the topic at hand and I want you to know I appreciate your generous contribution to the thread.

I humbly beg your forgiveness and hope that we can henceforth be allies in the ongoing effort to deny ignorance.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Because it has experiments and other things to do rather than just heading directly for the Space Station? or is that too simple an explanation for a conspiracy theorist?

Precisely our point Chorlton we knew you would come around...

It has other things to do rather than heading for the space station

Like making a 'pick up" rendevous on the way down...

(you guys are gonna love this one!)

TO ALL:

In the meantime while we put that together here is a note from Jack on that last NASA scramble to keep up with us

I read that too and the sites product www.microcideinc.com... says nothing about increasing shelf-life.

NASA says ".......helps increase shelf life".
This is BS.
It' a sanitizer, not a "force field!"
Where I worked last at Harmony Foods Corp, they used a similar product (I still have a can) called Sud'N Kleen to sanitize surfaces that food products came in contact with.

Seems NASA is using "creative license" to snow the public about this.
It's no more than an "industrial version" of Lysol, like the product we used.

Back at ya NASA

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Precisely our point Chorlton we knew you would come around...

It has other things to do rather than heading for the space station

Like making a 'pick up" rendevous on the way down...

The words mountains and molehills comes to mind when I read your posts along with conspiracy children.

You can make up as many crackpot ideas as you want, but the answer will always be the simplest.
The shuttle was simply doing experiments.

Your assumptions and speculations might impress some but it does nothing for me and others

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I read that too and the sites product www.microcideinc.com... says nothing about increasing shelf-life.

NASA says ".......helps increase shelf life".
This is BS.
It' a sanitizer, not a "force field!"
Where I worked last at Harmony Foods Corp, they used a similar product (I still have a can) called Sud'N Kleen to sanitize surfaces that food products came in contact with.

Seems NASA is using "creative license" to snow the public about this.
It's no more than an "industrial version" of Lysol, like the product we used.

You know I just read this bit and am astounded at the ignorance shown here.
Most decay is caused by microbiological attack. If you sanitise and disinfect food especially veg and fruit then you take away the major reason for exterior decay prolonging the life of said products a thousandfold

Your credibility is sinking faster than your dollar

[edit on 24/9/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I apologize too, I jumped to conclusions without fully comprehending your post. Thanks for clarifying it to me and I hope there are no hard feelings. We can't Deny Ignorance if we can't admit our own mistakes,right?
(thanks again to goosdawg and mrpenny for the encouraging U2Us
)
(Sorry to John, the moderators and everyone else for posting an offtopic reply but I don't have enough points to U2U yet)

[edit on 24-9-2007 by usin420]

[edit on 24-9-2007 by usin420]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

NASA Helps Wipe Away Worries About Germs . strange how this article came out now after zorgon started investigating their cargo manifests, maybe they're getting a little nervous.

I have to absolutely agree!! great find usin420! I believe NASA watch this stuff and then go "OH OH, we can't hide it now so we better make it public so it isn't all the secret anymore and THEN we can say - YES but we told yo about it!"

Well i guess that's NASA hey. Bunch of monkeys. Do they look at us through the bars of their cages and believe we are another species of monkey? I thihnk NASA need a rude awakening to the fact that not everyone follows their BS.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join