It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx
A lot of the 3d rendering software will do those reflections (and other effects) automatically. Once you define something as emitting light for example, the software will automatically account for that effect and affect the other objects.

Cheers, thanks for clearing that up, Danx.

You learn something new everyday!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
it's wierd that most, if not all, ufo footage is equal to the poorest quality video and photography ever on this planet. i've taken better pictures and video on my mobile phone.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZEV93
What's the problem with modeling a friggin Water Tower ? Any Beginner in 3d can do this...i have used this prog myself, so I know what i am talking about.

OK, so then it should be easy. Show me the model of the tower with exact same lighting, tracking, reflections etc. Someone else was offering a cash reward, but all I can do is offer to shut up on this. Certainly that is worth thousands.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. "Show me the model!"

Tick Tock, Tick Tock............

regards....kk

[edit on 13-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T

Originally posted by danx
A lot of the 3d rendering software will do those reflections (and other effects) automatically. Once you define something as emitting light for example, the software will automatically account for that effect and affect the other objects.

Cheers, thanks for clearing that up, Danx.

You learn something new everyday!

Cool. But it should also be noted that natural light sources also automatically account for reflections on surfaces too
So it really doesn't prove a lot... I'm not saying this is real - I'm just saying that the reflection doesn't prove anything. The palm tree theory is very interesting too....but, as I pointed out in the pic I linked to earlier, it's hardly conclusive - as identical-looking palm trees also occur naturally - unfortunatly.

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Heheh....love that sarcasm

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Possible "water tower" would match the hati video if the textures were changed/improved and a few of the elements deleted off the main mesh(a very simple to do thing). Note the thick supports and the top(sans wind vane, possibly deleted)....but there are literaly hundreds of water tower models on the net...but this is directly from the Eon site/store, its probable due to the artist being lazy maybe. Vue may come with a water tower model too, I will check through some gallerys for a better match.

Water Tower model

However here is more possibly damning evidence twords fakery.Here is a blue wooden flatbed truck.
Old style flatbed

Changing it to red in Vue is easy, note the same small back end window and body style(wooden bed).What are the chances of not only the trees, but a truck sold at the same site to be in the same video/composition? Again, I call lazy artistry for not ading in more vaiation to the scene as well as not going far for the scene models.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

OK, so then it should be easy. Show me the model of the tower with exact same lighting, tracking, reflections etc. Someone else was offering a cash reward, but all I can do is offer to shut up on this. Certainly that is worth thousands.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. "Show me the model!"

Tick Tock, Tick Tock............

regards....kk

[edit on 13-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

Ok, Mr., For clarity : Vue D'esprit 6 (there diff. Versions of this Prog., like Vue Xstream /this integrates with other High End Software like MAYA or 3dsMAX) or VUE infinite (Standalone Version) is Mainly for rendering. Its modeling capabilities (aside from editing terrain) are quite limited. That'`s why it has the capability to import 3D-Objects modeled with other Programs which are dedicated modelers. Ok, still there ?
So , modeling a Water Tower in 3ds max is a breeze, because it mainly consists of basic geometric bodies, like Cylinders, Cones etc.
To reproduce the EXACT lighting conditions as in the Video is nearly impossible, even when one of the many '`Preset Atmospheres' was used, as there are hundreds of Light Parameters to tweak.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Okay, seen it again, someone has said this footage is not from Haiti, but a place called Langkawi. Image below...Well, there is palm trees there!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think that is the truck in the video (that I posted a link too), however I think the water tower may be more elusive( unless we get lucky because its a popular freebie at a popular site such as renderosity). It may be posible to identify the "ruined" looking buildings behind the the truck as well though. How many nails do we need to put in the coffin?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
[

Just looks like an old truck to me...Haiti is, after all, a very, very poor nation. It wouldn't suprise me to see an old 1950-60's vintage truck on the island....which is what it looks like.

J.

Footage shot in Malaysia, not Haiti.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hmmmm...beach, sun, beer...mmmm...oops, sorry! Heh. Yeah, looks very similar - but then there are probably thousands of beaches that do. Now, where was I??? Oh yeah....beach, sun....mmmm

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Cool. But it should also be noted that natural light sources also automatically account for reflections on surfaces too
So it really doesn't prove a lot...

It's not like I didn't account for that.. I was simply making a point that it wouldn't have to be done manually - the software could have done it automatically.

That would account for such a great detail to be present and the trees end up being cloned (since we're following the theory that they are also CG), seemingly a 'sloppy mistake'.

That was Brad.T's question and I was simply pointing out that the effect wouldn't have to be necessarily done by hand.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gyroscope
Footage shot in Malaysia, not Haiti.

Could you please elaborate on how you got that information and what makes you so certain that what you're saying is the truth?

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I looked again at the Video, and whats really intriguing aside from the nice UFO Models, are the subtle camera shaking, the Dof and so on, nice work, but far from impossible.
But for people who don't know the technology, it will never be resolved.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Possible "water tower" would match the hati video if the textures were changed/improved and a few of the elements deleted off the main mesh(a very simple to do thing). Note the thick supports and the top(sans wind vane, possibly deleted)....but there are literaly hundreds of water tower models on the net...but this is directly from the Eon site/store, its probable due to the artist being lazy maybe. Vue may come with a water tower model too, I will check through some gallerys for a better match.

Water Tower model

However here is more possibly damning evidence twords fakery.Here is a blue wooden flatbed truck.
Old style flatbed

Changing it to red in Vue is easy, note the same small back end window and body style(wooden bed).What are the chances of not only the trees, but a truck sold at the same site to be in the same video/composition? Again, I call lazy artistry for not ading in more vaiation to the scene as well as not going far for the scene models.

Hey - nice truck!
Although I still don't think it looks much like the one in the video. The water tower however, just looks fake to me - although I'm sure cgi guys could fix that within the software. Still, for me, these don't prove that much, as they don't really look much like the video objects. The other major problem is this - all these models are based on real objects - and what came first? The chicken or the egg? For many of us it's getting too hard to differentiate really...

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't see why this is still being debated at all. We found a 100% perfect match of trees. Thats that. On top of that, that truck is not a real truck, and you people STILL don't want to believe its fake.

Water towers, red trucks, all of that can be modeled. There is infinite possibilities with 3D modeling, so trying to "find simular models" on the net probably won't happen. Every modeler is unique, one might want a wood water tower, one might want a metal one. One might want a 50's Chevy pickup, another might want a Ford. There are to many customizable things in 3D modeling, its rare 2 people ever have the same material.

The fact of all this, is that we found an EXACT TREE MATCH, this video is officaly a hoax. I'm sorry people, but you are going to have to get used to the fact that graphics are insane now. What used to take days or weeks to accomplish with 3D special effects, now only takes a few hours.

Heck this hoaxer didn't even take his time. He downloaded enviornments that are already pre made. The UFO itself probably took a couple hours, then he threw it in a scene and made some animation way-points, and adjusted his rendering settings, and then thats that. I could make a few of these ever 3 days if I really wanted too.

Want some water towers? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

Want some red trucks? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

You know, everywhere I go when I say something is CG, I hear this:

"What is it going to take? A UFO to land on the White House lawn for you to believe in them?"

The above is funny after reading that people still think this UFO is real. Especialy after a complete and utterly embarrasing collection of evidence that came up against it.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Ok, fair enough then.

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Want some water towers? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

Want some red trucks? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

You know, everywhere I go when I say something is CG, I hear this:

"What is it going to take? A UFO to land on the White House lawn for you to believe in them?"

The above is funny after reading that people still think this UFO is real. Especialy after a complete and utterly embarrasing collection of evidence that came up against it.

Yes - but your examples all LOOK fake - I realise that they can be edited and manipulated to look more realistic - but I've yet to see any cgi that didn't 'look' cgi yet - unless it's this video of course... heheh.

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
11 11, some people like to troll I guess, who knows. But I agree with your last post fully. That said, the blue truck(from the Eon site) is nearly the same if not the same model used. The windows,cab and wheel well structures all match. But I freely admit there really are too many models to sift through, which is why I stayed on the site that sells the main application being used in this hoax. It's reasonable, being that the artist didn't even add variation to the trees, why would they make thier own unidentifiable models(outside of the ships).

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People... please remember there is a notice on every page of this thread...

This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 1058 replies.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts are subject deletion and/or a warning.

There has been far too many 1-liner posts, oversized quotes, and meaningless comments. Please be kind to our readers and limit your contributions to material that adds to the discussion.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join