It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
I don't see why this is still being debated at all.

If only it were that simple. Suppose this video is on trial, and we are the jury. Is the decision unanimous? Nope. There are still those who question, "beyond a reasonable doubt" the CGI theory.

So Perry Mason, let's say I was going to dispose of a dead body. I would dig a hole 10' in the ground and place the body there. I would add 5' feet of dirt and place a dead cat, then fill the hole with dirt. The police get a tip and locate the grave. They start digging. "Hey look, it's just a dead cat." "OK, bad tip, let's move on". Bingo. Sometimes ya' gotta' just keep diggin'.

We found a 100% perfect match of trees.

"You" might have, the owners of this site might have, but others have not.

Even if this thread gets closed, it will be debated elsewhere.

Want some water towers? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

Want some red trucks? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

Those are absolutely hilarious. LordBaskettIV's were much better, but still no exact match. ( I see no towers with ladders. Who would add that to and existing model?) Back to this "case". IMO, the trees are simply "circumstantial evidence" and nothing more. This is NOT an open and shut case. For me, the jury is still out.

Why are you so anxious to label this hoax and move on?

Regards....kk

[edit on 13-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Okay it seems there is a bunch of people going around on YouTube and elsewhere creating abit of a stir, check this:

UfoIsReal
Last Login: 31 minutes ago
Videos Watched: 12
Subscribers: 0
Channel Views: 257

I don't know what the ******* things is happen at Asia 6th august 07, i visit there for a holiday. I have caught up a strange ufo up the sky at the beach with my video recorder, I was so scary at that time and i don't know what to do, it's was near evening at that time, the ufo was so near to me, i was so scare. I post the short cut video to my brother at Haiti, dont know what have happen to my brother until the video is know by his friend, his friend have post it to youtube and tv and name "Haiti UFO". Luckly it just a short video, myself have 5 minutes long version video, i try to put at here but have suspended by YT.

BTW, the account isn't suspended, its closed, there is a difference. Closed means they closed it, suspended means closed by YouTube. And someone has informed me that this person is still on YouTube under the same username posting comments as we speak. Sorry, but thats impossible, once you close your account or are suspended theres no getting it back or still being able to log in and post comments.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Want some water towers? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

Want some red trucks? Here:
www.turbosquid.com...

Those are absolutely hilarious. LordBaskettIV's were much better, but still no exact match.

I disagree with most of what 11 11 says and how he says it, but I think he was just showing how easy it is to model such an object and for someone to download one that is already done and take it from there.

( I see no towers with ladders. Who would add that to and existing model?)

I think it's pretty obvious that whoever did the videos, this isn't their first attempt at CGI. With that said, you have to be open to the possibility that the author (or authors) of the videos had already made the objects, or were based off other objects - they weren't necessarily created just for this video.

Maybe someone needed a tower with a ladder for something else and made one, and they used it in this video as well. Who knows.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
thats a really good fake. In this day and age you can't believe anything you see in the light of CGI which gets better every year. I actually had a friend who took a degree in Arts and Graphic design and he spent many months working on a fake UFO pics for his project, that was back in 95 and they were really good! (He done crop circle photoshop jobs too).

The sad thing is CGI is so good now if someone were to film a real UFO people like myself would just conclude CGI, what with all the many thousands of fake UFO footage out there. I guess the only way this could be proved is with some real physical specimens that could be inspected and confirmed.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, I for one am leaving this thread be. I've no deep *need* for this footage to be real at all - I don't need any proof personally. All I can say is: Odin (heh!) help us if the real thing does show up - as every CGI'er on here will be falling over each other trying to convince everyone else it's a fake.

This maybe a fake - fine if it is - but we're all gonna have to start finding more effective methods of distinguishing between the real footage and the fake footage than this type of bickering. I like a mystery as much as the next guy - that's why I love this forum - but we need some sort of technique that weeds out one from the other. Obviously, with 1.5 million hits for this video on Youtube, plenty of other people think this video is either a). real or b). very clever. I have a feeling it's more 'a' than 'b'....

Ok, that's all folks!!

Adios.

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx

( I see no towers with ladders. Who would add that to and existing model?)

I think it's pretty obvious that whoever did the videos, this isn't their first attempt at CGI. With that said, you have to be open to the possibility that the author (or authors) of the videos had already made the objects, or were based off other objects - they weren't necessarily created just for this video.

Maybe someone needed a tower with a ladder for something else and made one, and they used it in this video as well. Who knows.

DanX, I really do like your style and enjoy your responses. You always make very valid and specific points and add immensely to threads.

All I can say about your last point is that on one hand we are led to believe that the artist was "lazy" for "cloning" trees, and now we are asked to believe that the artist is actually quite good. I do try to have an open mind, but since everyone ( not you ) were saying how "easy" it was to add a tower model and I asked for a match. ( Remember, the artist is lazy, he cloned the tress, he should have used an existing tower.) I am now asked to open my atom-sized brain further to the possibility that these are now "unique" models and not "purchased as stock". OK.

I am going to back off this thread for awhile ( LOUD & THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE AND CHEERS ) since I spent all week-end on it, my grass needs mowing, my wife is saying I am obsessed with this and my dog is starting to ignore me.

I have nothing further to add and will check back later. I hope I didn't wear out my welcome. I love this place.

Regards...kk

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If only it were that simple. Suppose this video is on trial, and we are the jury.

If we, and the moderators were the jury, the verdict is ALREADY in. GUILTY OF CGI.

We have a 100% match in trees. Not one part of the tree is different. We have a video/photo that is supposed to be "real", yet we find a 3D model of the EXACT TREE and EXACT SIZE SUN. Its like 100% proof positive that this is CGI.

Not only that, but one of the pioneers of the leading technology of computer graphics is right here in this thread agreeing that it is CGI.

"You" might have, the owners of this site might have, but others have not.

So you are telling me that the others are purposely ignoring the FACTS brought forward by ADMINS and EXPERTS and the researchers.? We have so many pieces of evidence against this video, that I find it extremely funny that this thread is still unlocked..

Those are absolutely hilarious. LordBaskettIV's were much better, but still no exact match. ( I see no towers with ladders. Who would add that to and existing model?)

Are you frikken kidding me??
Maybe your undeniable lack of experience in 3D modeling is the problem with your judgement?

The water towers that I displayed are not final renders, they are PRE-PRODUCTION.

en.wikipedia.org...

The UFO video is a POST PRODUCTION.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now if you had even a slight clue what that means, then you would see that every single water tower that I linked to could probably look 10000% better than the UFO video you people think looks so real.

IMO, the trees are simply "circumstantial evidence" and nothing more. This is NOT an open and shut case. For me, the jury is still out.

If you scroll back and look at the tree shots, you will see that one of them is so damn exact, that even the leaves and branches of the tree match. This is 100% proof of CGI, and anyone that doesn't think so should seriously perish from this Earth, as they will be no use of anybody in the future.

Why are you so anxious to label this hoax and move on?

Because for every single fake CGI UFO released to this world, there is a REAL one being ignored because of it. IF there ever was a trial before a judge and the case was "UFO's True Or False", Well guess what kind of evidence will be used in the trial?? I'm almost certain 100's if not 1000's of these stupid CGI fakes will be included, and we will be forced to conclude UFO's are fake, because not one single image we have is real, and all proven CGI fakes.

People ask me to "replicate" these UFO's videos and images so they can see that it can be done in CGI, but I deny it, because if my replica is found on YouTube, you might get a whole frikken religious clan believing its real, when its not.

FAKE CGI UFOS HURT THE REAL UFO DISCLOSURE AND IT HAS TO STOP IMMEDIATLY. IF NOT, THEN I WILL BE FORCED TO DISECT EVERY SINGLE CGI UFO EVER CREATED AND COLLECT AND DOCUMENT EVERY PIECE OF SUPPORTING EVIDENCE.

In the mean time, I already have the company name and address of the person that made this CGI video, and I will most likely have a personal talk with them face to face.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

All I can say about your last point is that on one hand we are led to believe that the artist was "lazy" for "cloning" trees, and now we are asked to believe that the artist is actually quite good. I do try to have an open mind, but since everyone ( not you ) were saying how "easy" it was to add a tower model and I asked for a match. ( Remember, the artist is lazy, he cloned the tress, he should have used an existing tower.) I am now asked to open my atom-sized brain further to the possibility that these are now "unique" models and not "purchased as stock". OK.

Assuming this was done with the Program Vue d'Esprit 6 (and there are some facts pointing into this direction), the cloned look of the trees is due to the special functions of this program. It has the ability to add vast populations of plants, trees , so called 'Eco-Systems' in an Instant. The one ceveat is, normally the Vue is making subtle changes to each tree, in order to avoid this 'clone' look.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It looks to me as if its a very well crafted RC plane. Designed to look like a space craft. Whats funny is the weird wobbling the thing has. If it was "ALEIN" in nature dont you think they would have beter flying ablities than a stupid wobble, and if not then, these "ALEINS" you would think would stay away from here so they could not get cought>

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

All I can say about your last point is that on one hand we are led to believe that the artist was "lazy" for "cloning" trees, and now we are asked to believe that the artist is actually quite good.

No, you see, you are using US as your brain. YOU have to use your brain.

The artis is LAZY, not because the trees are identical, but because he used a DEFAULT ENVIRONMENT FROM AN ENVIORNMENT SOFTWARE.

I do try to have an open mind, but since everyone ( not you ) were saying how "easy" it was to add a tower model and I asked for a match. ( Remember, the artist is lazy, he cloned the tress, he should have used an existing tower.) I am now asked to open my atom-sized brain further to the possibility that these are now "unique" models and not "purchased as stock". OK.

Water towers are simple to make, its a cylinder with a cone top. Its a bunch of rectangles together to look like wood railing. Heck there are functions in 3D modeling programs that will make the stair case for him. He could have easly gotten a "stock model" and made a few changes so he doesn't get a "copyright" problem.

I am going to back off this thread for awhile ( LOUD & THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE AND CHEERS ) since I spent all week-end on it, my grass needs mowing, my wife is saying I am obsessed with this and my dog is starting to ignore me.

I have nothing further to add and will check back later. I hope I didn't wear out my welcome. I love this place.

When you come back, remember, you are not a CGI expert.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
11 11 said:
"In the mean time, I already have the company name and address of the person that made this CGI video, and I will most likely have a person talk with them face to face."

Wow, how did you find them? Just wondering, did you recognize somebodys ship model,ect?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
11 11 said:
"In the mean time, I already have the company name and address of the person that made this CGI video, and I will most likely have a person talk with them face to face."

Wow, how did you find them? Just wondering, did you recognize somebodys ship model,ect?

I actually posted the address, the company, the phone number, everything, in this thread and the mod's took it down.

The hoaxer was right here in this thread talking to us. We found his name, his work, and his website. I did a background check on his website, and found his website is registered to this graphics company.

This is who is making the CGI UFO video's:
arkhamgraphics.com...

Or employees from there.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The hoaxer was right here in this thread talking to us

If that is true then what is his username? Or are you not allowed to say?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
If that is true then what is his username? Or are you not allowed to say?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have to read between the lines on forums. Everyone says things for a reason. When a "graphics artist who works for major companys" registers with ATS on 8/11/07, and then claims without explaination over and over that he thinks the video looks real. There is something fishy.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

People ask me to "replicate" these UFO's videos and images so they can see that it can be done in CGI, but I deny it, because if my replica is found on YouTube, you might get a whole frikken religious clan believing its real, when its not.

Case in point the Saladfingers CGI replica of the drones, even though he clearly mention that it was CGI people started posting it here as if was real.

Even LMH ran it as true story and posted it on her website. Some believers have this agenda, they will run with the first thing they see as if it the ultimate proof in the hopes of making people believe what they believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If one were to visit [Removed at request], click on 'files', scroll down to the 'J' section and click on one of the few names there, would that prove your suspicions, 11 11?..

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Brad.T]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Brad.T]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What's the connection Brad.T?

How did you get to that page? The bluemoosefilms.com one.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What's the connection Brad.T?

How did you get to that page? The bluemoosefilms.com one.

11 11 was referring to 'Jakzun37' - owner of the website mentioned in the link. Those are all of his credentials. I simply found his showcase webpage by typing the username into google, which, in turn, led me to the aforementioned site.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T
11 11 was referring to 'Jakzun37' - owner of the website mentioned in the link. Those are all of his credentials. I simply found his showcase webpage by typing the username into google, which, in turn, led me to the aforementioned site.

Oh I know he was referring to Jakzun37, just didn't know how you had come across that site in particular.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Even if Jakzun37 is the person behind the video, I need more than 11 11's gut feelings.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Even if Jakzun37 is the person behind the video, I need more than 11 11's gut feelings.

Thats perfect, exactly the way it should be. Never trust anything until you find out yourself.

So I ask you, get a psychology expert, and have them read every one of Jakzun's posts.

Particularly, these ones...

But... basically everything he says is fishy. If I wasn't capable of reverse engineering someones sentences to find out what their mind was thinking when they wrote them, then I probably wouldn't notice.

This is what got me:

Jakzun37 - "i'm trained to look for the masking and i can detect none."

Hmmm, wonder who trained him to ignore hoax's?

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join