It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
*comes back into topic yet again*

You know, with all this point-giving and topic-exploding, it's almost an incentive to the hoaxers out there to get a group of people together, post their own hoax, and then try to gain benefits from it. Seriously, why would the hoaxers want to stop when we keep giving them so much attention?

Ummm yeah, those ATS points are really valuable.

The "attention" is unavoidable in the UFO community.

Getting BUSTED by ATS is equally UNAVOIDABLE if you pull stunts with CGI and try to present them as real.

Now looking at this from a Viral Marketing perspective it's a smashing success, well that's the nature of the beast isn't it? People are fascinated with these topics and the issuance of a new bit of video IS going to get attention THE FIRST FEW TIMES, the next one in line won't fair so well thanks to ATS mate.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

the next one in line won't fair so well thanks to ATS mate.

I hope the ones in the future do not fair in the same manner as this thread. It saddens me when topics explode like this for a hoax.

I just hope some real, undeniable video will show up some day, but with the technology of today, even that might not be enough.

[edit on 8/13/2007 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
it looks like the millenium falcon..

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

The day I replace knowledge with ignorance is the day I will believe stupidity is contagious.

When you go through life, believe only facts that you have found yourself, and not "facts from others", only then you will start to see that a lot of everything is fake.

If you wan't to believe in UFO's start out by first figuring out what humans and Earth and the Sun are made of, and how they work together. Then you will know everything about UFO's.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by 11 11]

UFO's are a belief?? Heh - only for those who have never seen one, my friend
God is a belief - UFOs are a reality. But what exactly UFOs ARE? - that's the real mystery...

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I don't have Photoshop at home. Done with MS Paint.

Since there seems to be "proof positive" that this was done in Vue6, then I just have one question.

In the above comparison, when the sun is behind the 3D trees, the tree turns silhouette. In the "Haiti" video ( which seems more real to me ) you get the "optical glow" that one would expect in real life. The leafs become transparent and glow.

So is this just a "tweak" with the 3D software? NOWHERE in the Vue demo do I see this type of light aberration in ANY of the scenes.

regards....kk

Edited to fix photo

[edit on 12-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

Very good observation there...

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
you no what gets me in is the massive breath taken upon seeing I knoiw from personel experience that when it happens no matter how much you have convinced yourself what you would do at the time it happens you lose control I personally completely froze and when I looked around to verify everthing they were all still dancing completeley ocome blivious to what I experienced that shut me up for over 10years you live with it and try come to terms with it Im sorry but that breath took me back to my experience

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
If your argument is "the trees don't match", then I will tell you it is because the hoaxer has a crapy computer. He probably tones down the detail settings of the trees to get more smoother flying from the UFO. You might see slight differences in the "LOD". Level of detail.

Ok, notice anything interesting about several of these trees?

Real or CGI?

J.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Okay, after watching the video over and over again, must be at least 200 times now in total, yeah I know! I have found something else that I haven't seen mentioned here yet. As the craft flies over the structure that is visible in the shot, the beach hut or look-out tower, there is a brief flash of light on the roof of it. Is this a reflection of light from the craft? Another glitch? It may be nothing or lend any credibility to the footage authenticity, but I found it interesing and haven't seen this mentioned thus far. Also, I'm reading on alot of other sites from people who are stepping in to defend this footage as real, have claimed that the person(s) who shot both the DR & Haiti video have been in contact with certain people and that there are, or was, other witness reports of these sightings from other people, but I can't find them anywhere. Anyway below is an image grab of the light reflection, if thats what it is, on top of the structure.

I will also put this bigger, slightly better resolution pic below in again showing what looks like to me some type of vehicle. If thats what it is then it looks faker than anything else in the whole video. Did they try to render a truck, messed up, and just left it?

[edit on 13/8/07 by ProjectDreamland]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
I have found something else that I haven't seen mentioned here yet. As the craft flies over the structure that is visible in the shot, the beach hut or look-out tower, there is a brief flash of light on the roof of it. Is this a reflection of light from the craft? Another glitch? It may be nothing or lend any credibility to the footage authenticity, but I found it interesing and haven't seen this mentioned thus far.

Both the water tower (lifeguard tower?) and structures at end have always baffled me. I am glad someone else is addressing them.

This was added a few pages back:

Originally posted by ArMaP

I also made this animated GIF to try to show something that I do not know if was talked about in the thread, I did not read it all. When one of the UFOs passes over the water tank there is a light on the top of the tank as if it was projected by the UFO. As far as I have seen, this type of light that shows a lot of light but that does little illumination is common in 3D software but does not happen in real life.

I also changed the levels of the video to make it more noticeable.

PS: you have to click the above image to see the animation.

For me, both of these items ( tower and structures at end ) seem to lend the footage a certain amount of credibility. They are both unique and un-expected. If someone could show me a 3-D Water tower model that resembles the one in the video, I promise...I will shut the heck up for good on this.

Added>> Wow Dreamland, thanks alot for boosting the contrast on the ending section. Now I can clearly see what appears to be the rear view of a flatbed truck with red cab. I couldn't make that out before. An earlier post waaaay back disputed the tree trunk as being "missing". This solves that for sure. Nice job! Oh well, just probably another 3-D Model.

And a hat-tip to ArMaP.

For me, I don't hear the fat lady singing just yet. She's not even warming up.

regards...kk

[edit on 13-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
First of all this video was not shot shot in Haiti. It was filmed at a vacation resort on an Island off the coast of Malaysia.

I also don't think that it's a ufo. Seems more like a testing ground. These particular craft are quite antiquated in comparison to the convential discs that have been around for that last 50-60 years. The one thing that is strange about them is the shape. They almost look as if they are capable of changing shape in order to blend in with vegetation.

The palm trees are not the same, as that is quite easy to see. This is definitley real footage. There really is no debunking it.

Moreso, I have seen in several other public forums around the net this video where posted has been deleted or covered up. That is what leads me to beleive it's authenticity.

Also note how on the top of this forum the Moderators here at ATS have labeled it a hoax. A rule of thumb for this board is that when the ATS ADmin have labeld something as fake or hoax, is it always the exact oppiste. This is excellent footage, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing more like it.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Added>> Wow Dreamland, thanks alot for boosting the contrast on the ending section. Now I can clearly see what appears to be the rear view of a flatbed truck with red cab. I couldn't make that out before. Nice job! Oh well, just probably another 3-D Model.

regards...kk

To me it looks out of place, and not life like at all. If thats what it is, whats with the wheels?? It looks like its made from lego bricks! Sorry about the look-out tower thing being mentioned already, I'll have to pay more attention in future.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You can model what you want, Vue 6 will import 3d models from multiple packages, a water tower or building is fairly easy to model... this footage is still a great hoax, probably for someones CV

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Yawn, too bad those "palm trees" are just the basic palms from "Vue" by eon software. And oh snap, the program can be synced up with any highend software. Oh and that program can simulate wind real easy too.

Vue by eon software

Are you sure these are Vue Trees ?
You are right, Vue can simualte the breeze.
Anyway, its a real nice work. I like it. Probably was touched up in After Effects.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

First of all this video was not shot shot in Haiti. It was filmed at a vacation resort on an Island off the coast of Malaysia.

I have seen this written aswell, there is someone or afew people on YouTube writing this as a comment on the videos of this event being uploaded by other people. If this is true then is there any evidence or a way to confirm it? Because I have looked and found nothing.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gonquin
You can model what you want, Vue 6 will import 3d models from multiple packages, a water tower or building is fairly easy to model... this footage is still a great hoax, probably for someones CV

To paraphrase an old movie....."Show me the model".

To me it (red truck) looks out of place, and not life like at all. If thats what it is, whats with the wheels?? It looks like its made from lego bricks!

Well the building looks abandoned and dilapidated. Perhaps it is a junker sitting on concrete blocks.

regards..kk

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hmm. So the hoaxer would go to the intricate lengths of adding a slight reflection to the top of the watchtower-type thing, from the underside of the "craft" as it flies over, yet they couldn't be bothered to properly render a clunkily formed "flatbed truck" (a relatively more significant element of the video, in comparison to the flickering watchtower reflection)?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Added>> Wow Dreamland, thanks alot for boosting the contrast on the ending section. Now I can clearly see what appears to be the rear view of a flatbed truck with red cab. I couldn't make that out before. Nice job! Oh well, just probably another 3-D Model.

regards...kk

To me it looks out of place, and not life like at all. If thats what it is, whats with the wheels?? It looks like its made from lego bricks! Sorry about the look-out tower thing being mentioned already, I'll have to pay more attention in future.

Just looks like an old truck to me...Haiti is, after all, a very, very poor nation. It wouldn't suprise me to see an old 1950-60's vintage truck on the island....which is what it looks like.

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I have found something else that I haven't seen mentioned here yet. As the craft flies over the structure that is visible in the shot, the beach hut or look-out tower, there is a brief flash of light on the roof of it. Is this a reflection of light from the craft? Another glitch? It may be nothing or lend any credibility to the footage authenticity, but I found it interesing and haven't seen this mentioned thus far.

Both the water tower (lifeguard tower?) and structures at end have always baffled me. I am glad someone else is addressing them.

This was added a few pages back:

Originally posted by ArMaP

I also made this animated GIF to try to show something that I do not know if was talked about in the thread, I did not read it all. When one of the UFOs passes over the water tank there is a light on the top of the tank as if it was projected by the UFO. As far as I have seen, this type of light that shows a lot of light but that does little illumination is common in 3D software but does not happen in real life.

I also changed the levels of the video to make it more noticeable.

PS: you have to click the above image to see the animation.

For me, both of these items ( tower and structures at end ) seem to lend the footage a certain amount of credibility. They are both unique and un-expected. If someone could show me a 3-D Water tower model that resembles the one in the video,
I promise...I will shut the heck up for good on this.

Added>> Wow Dreamland, thanks alot for boosting the contrast on the ending section. Now I can clearly see what appears to be the rear view of a flatbed truck with red cab. I couldn't make that out before. An earlier post waaaay back disputed the tree trunk as being "missing". This solves that for sure. Nice job! Oh well, just probably another 3-D Model.

And a hat-tip to ArMaP.

For me, I don't hear the fat lady singing just yet. She's not even warming up.

regards...kk

I have looked at that light on the roof in the past and just assumed it was a skylight, seems appropriate for a small building in a sunny place. But if it was a 3rd party model just dropped into the scene the hoaxer wouldn't even have thought about it.

--Ziltoid

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T
Hmm. So the hoaxer would go to the intricate lengths of adding a slight reflection to the top of the watchtower-type thing, from the underside of the "craft" as it flies over, yet they couldn't be bothered to properly render a clunkily formed "flatbed truck" (a relatively more significant element of the video, in comparison to the flickering watchtower reflection)?

A lot of the 3d rendering software will do those reflections (and other effects) automatically. Once you define something as emitting light for example, the software will automatically account for that effect and affect the other objects.

I have seen this written aswell, there is someone or afew people on YouTube writing this as a comment on the videos of this event being uploaded by other people. If this is true then is there any evidence or a way to confirm it? Because I have looked and found nothing.

Apparently, according to this and this there was another video that was being identified as being in Malaysia.

On both places they link to here, which no longer exists. Removed by user.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"someone could show me a 3-D Water tower model that resembles the one in the video,
I promise...I will shut the heck up for good on this. "

What's the problem with modeling a friggin Water Tower ? Any Beginner in 3d can do this... The craft and the light, how it flies, the interaction with the environment are the true Art.
As i said, there was some compositing done with another Prog like Fusion , AE or Combustion. And yes, the sky looks very much like on of the "Spectral Atmospheres" of newer VUE Version, i have used this prog myself, so I know what i am talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join