It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
I just think the self proclaimed experts on this forum are too trigger happy to declare something a hoax.

I mean we have countless of people here arguing about the reasons for renaming this thread a hoax, including now a pro CGI artist.

Isn't this forum about keeping an open mind? Why should a blurry picture of an Ohare airport ufo along with some bagage handlers testifying they saw whatever, more or less be proof of UFO while this is labelled a HOAX right away?

I urge you to get familiar with this site, read the CARET thread were overwhelmingly people agree is a hoax and it has not be labeled as so yet. Staff here are not trigger happy, they are facts seeking.

Believe what you wish, you can cloud the facts presented by many others, this is getting ridiculous, just because one guys shows up here and says with no proof of qualifications that he is an expert, people want to believe that? Sorry. ( I please Jakzun 37 dont take this as an attack). He has fail to answer any question from other members that have stated their qualifications in the past. If you come here to put you opinion I take it as such, but if you back it up with some solid proof that put you in another level and this member has fail to do so IMO.

This hoax is been proven to be so, we did not make the claim, is up to those that make the claim to prove people wrong. Where are they?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
*comes into topic again*

*sees that it's an absolute mess*

Okay, why is it named [HOAX] when we don't have 100% proof of this? If there is not 100% proof of it being a hoax, it should not be named as such. Maybe something like [90% HOAX] or something to that effect.

If the admins agree that this is definitely a hoax, the topic should be closed. If they do not agree, they need to change the labeling of this topic.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i dont think a great deal about blender, its not very good software, i like to use maya, max most of the time. but i still think there is a lack of evidence to say its real or hoax, i think the only way to prove this either way will be with witnesses & the actual film. but im not willing to right it off as hoax without that extra evidence, just because some sais its a hoax, if all humans accepted evidence in that way maybe we would still think the earth was flat !

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Shades1035, please check your u2u mesages

and, i agree with much you say - but, i still don't know. my instincts tell me it SHOULD be a hoax and probably is - but, when i break it down, i can't come to a conclusion

Originally posted by Shades1035

Originally posted by danx
Did you just compare this to the O'Hare incident?

First of all, there were reports of the O'Hare sighting . Then there was a piece in a mainstream media newspaper.

There were witnesses, they were interviewed by people of UFO research groups and the Chicago Tribune journalist, there were tapes (that got released) with the conversations between the tower of the airport and pilots and the employees of an airline, and so on.

What do you have in this Haiti supposed sighting? 20 seconds of a Youtube video with no information from it's author, with no reports or witnesses anywhere to be found.. nothing.

I have followed ohare closely and I agree it's interesting. It's also interesting how that thread got the status of being more or less confirmed while this one is labelled hoax because of a demo vid showing simular looking palmtrees.

I am not saying this vid is confirmed, I am just questioning wether it was right or wrong to label it a hoax so soon. We have many people coming with valid arguments against it, wether you agree with them or not.

On youtube people are posting they have relatives in UN peace keeping force that saw these UFO's too. I don't know how credible they are, but they are statements after all... just like the o'hare witness reports...

Also, Haiti news agencies may not have the same resources as american... It used to be a dictatorship and I don't know how open their society is now.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It seems odd that someone would spend so much effort on the UFO itself, then to haphazardly clone the palm tree.........one so obviously centrally placed and easily compared to it's twin! Is it an amateurish mistake or a slip of the ego??

If this were the only clue to it's 'fakeness', I would suspect that the cloned palm had been 'planted' to make sure the video came under suspicion.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"just because one guys shows up here and says with no proof of qualifications that he is an expert, people want to believe that? Sorry. ( I please Jakzun 37 dont take this as an attack). He has fail to answer any question from other members that have stated their qualifications in the past. If you come here to put you opinion I take it as such, but if you back it up with some solid proof that put you in another level and this member has fail to do so IMO."

i don't take it as an attack

i take it like i would take someone telling me to prove i'm human. i laugh

i didn't come hear to regale anyone with my pedigree. i stated my credentials matter-of-factly and went back to analyzing the video

i don't mind if people don't know what i really am. and, frankly, i haven't told you the half of WHO i am. i didn't come here for that, i'd really like to understand what's going on in that video and it has been quite challenging

why don't i ask you to prove to me you're not retarded? so, you can laugh at me like i'm laughing at you

and, seriously, i don't know your brain functions properly - not that i've seen anything bad but, i don't know the scope of the person addressing me. you might be crazy

but, i won't ask you to prove it - i'll give the benefit of the doubt here

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The only way to be civil is to show the evidence in a more clear way untill they finaly see it. Then hope they don't ignore it.

Here, this image was taken from a video with the same UFO in it.

Video: www.youtube.com...

Now this was taken from an enviorment software for CGI:

Its the same place with different settings. Different contrast settings, and different time of day, different focus, different p.o.v. and different scale, and all that. Its changable.

Its clearly a hoax.

No further questions.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Is the only proof is the Vue 6 video, with the little flying thing over grass... so we are deciding that this vid is viral for Vue 6???

No from the Vue 6 demo is the shot here compared to the Dominican vid in 2 stills

PROOF

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
where is the vue video?

i haven't seen it yet - the link is buried deep in this thread somewhere. i'd love to see it

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Originally posted by TKainZero
Is the only proof is the Vue 6 video, with the little flying thing over grass... so we are deciding that this vid is viral for Vue 6???

No from the Vue 6 demo is the shot here compared to the Dominican vid in 2 stills

PROOF

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If your argument is "the trees don't match", then I will tell you it is because the hoaxer has a crapy computer. He probably tones down the detail settings of the trees to get more smoother flying from the UFO. You might see slight differences in the "LOD". Level of detail.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakzun37
where is the vue video?

i haven't seen it yet - the link is buried deep in this thread somewhere. i'd love to see it

Do a search on youtube for "Vue6 demo".

For those new Members asking:
This is labeled a HOAX because it's obviously been done in Vue6, have a look at the demo video and pay attention and you'll see it clear as day.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
the 'redshift' you see in the video on the palm that directly in the sun is not a feature of 3D platforms. it happens in real sunlight

you'd have to create a light of that color and aim it right at the tree for those few frames

very do-able but, unlikely and i've never seen anyone bother with it before.

in fact, i'll START doing it for added realsim in my work

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakzun37
where is the vue video?

on page 44

page 44

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

Its clearly a hoax.

No further questions.

statements like that is where I question whether people like you have an actual agenda to proove this as a hoax. In YOUR OPINION those trees look the same and prooves it TO YOU, but it prooves NOTHING to me so stop with the 'case closed' nonsense

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA! I just did my own "Vue 6 Demo/Dominican UFO cloned tree side-by-side" pic. May as well throw it on the pile. This is what clinched it for me.

I mean, it's so obvious

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T
www.jacksonhamiter.com

Is this a showcase of your work, Jakzun37? Do excuse me if I'm completely wrong.

LOL, nice one. Obviously he has a background in low quality stuff, for video games. But none of the high poly stuff, and reality detail. I always like when people cut corners to get more performance. Everything has low poly counts so it doesn't hog resources. That high poly stuff for video is crazy though. They make those with super computers pretty much. they crank the LOD up so high, they don't care about polygon limits.

This UFO video is full of LOD shortcuts in the trees.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dullexample
Does anyone know about the truth behind the video actually being from Langkawi, Malaysia and not Haiti or DR at all? There's now contrary info about which one was up first. The Malasian video was reportedly over 4 mins. ATS has references to the Malaysian video and now all traces of that video are gone. The palce holder frams is the same one as the Haiti video, but it says the video has been removed. Google "ufo" +"langkawi" +"best evidence" If you have already addressed this, sorry.

Did anyone download the Malaysian video? I'm really curious now and the video is nowhere to see

In one of the "UFO Haiti" versions on youtube, there's a guy UfosReal who wrote "This footage is real, it's from Asia not Haiti, i have 5 minutes version of this video, i uploaded it but have suspended by YT! You all will know it's real if you all watch it! It's so scary! "

He posted 16 hours ago and now this account is closed.

[edit to add information on 12-8-2007 by casu10]

[edit on 12-8-2007 by casu10]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Jakzun37, while you are messing with DirectX 9 and OpenGL, I have already moved on to DirectX 10, and have actually been in control of it before DirectX 10 capable video cards were on the market. I know the downfalls to DX9 and OGL, and I can clearly see a few in these UFO videos. Do you not see them?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
thanks for the link...

it doesn't look like the same scene to me

vue has 7 palms and the other is doing something different. i could be wrong and i'm willing to be - but, my feelings at this point are the vue video just shows how the video could be done and it looks great

but, it does not look like it's the scene landscape as the video. not at all

also, as the ship passes over, you get a slight glimpse of the brown color of the lower palm fronds. i'm not familiar with 3D palms that have that feature. all the ones i work with are green thru and thru

if it's a model - that's a nice touch of realism. it'd be the first time i've ever seen it

and, notice in the vue vid, when the sun passes over and touches a tree - it doesn't light up or go into red-shift hues - like the real sun does in the Haiti video

the footage does not appear to be the same

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
it sure looks like the palm in the video

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
HAHAHAHA! I just did my own "Vue 6 Demo/Dominican UFO cloned tree side-by-side" pic. May as well throw it on the pile. This is what clinched it for me.

I mean, it's so obvious

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join