It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found someone on the net impersonating me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Someone put a podcast of mine up, that I did a while back, and did not give me credit, and said they made it when it clearly is my voice and my podcast.

www.everyzing.com...,channel&filter=1&num=10&dedupe=1&scol=pod&start=0&sort=rel&il=en&col=en-aud-public-ep&q=nwo &e=1022662

They didn't even give me proper credit.
Nor, did they give a link to the podcast, nor did they say I was the author.
[edit on 8-8-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Uhh...did you tell em it was yours?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Uhh...did you tell em it was yours?

I'm going to contact the site's owner tomorrow, and I am going to send them a link of my podcast, and I'll tell them to take it off the site. If a site properly links to the topic on ATS where I made the podcast it's fine but if they don't give me credit I will get angry.

I will send an email to the site explaining to request the removal of the user that put up the podcast to be removed from the site or an IP ban to that user for claiming that they were me and putting up a podcast I did without proving that they were the owner, and requesting removal of the user that did that for impersonation.

I found an entire section of ATS podcasts on the site that where they do not give credit to our members of ATS. We should investiage it.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
They've got all sorts of things up, including stuff I've uploaded to BTS.music, and therefore I guess, stuff everyone has.

Link.

[edit on 9/8/07 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Your right Implosion, I found mine and other ats members podcast there....

However it does reference BTS. I wonder if anyone knows what BTS means there lol...

I really don't mind people linking my music, as long as they know who or where it came from. It's weird we use nicknames and release this stuff in public lol.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Search for "ATS" on EveryZing.com

Sporty

[edit on 9/8/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I really don't mind people linking my music, as long as they know who or where it came from. It's weird we use nicknames and release this stuff in public lol.

I guess i was naive, but when I decided to start podcasting the rubbish I do to pass the time, I never expected them to be listed anywhere but ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
By copyright law, aren't they still supposed to ask permission before posting stuff from someone else up on the net? I think it merits looking into. Mods, Admins, anyone with some legal clout able to opine on this one?

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Someone put a podcast of mine up, that I did a while back, and did not give me credit,

They didn't even give me proper credit.
Nor, did they give a link to the podcast, nor did they say I was the author.

Did you notice that the person who put it up there is making money from your podcast? You do the work, they collect the cash.

TERMS OF EVERYZING'S ADVERTISING PROGRAM

When you opt into EveryZing's Advertising Program, we will share with you 50% of the income that we earn from serving advertisements on your content

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
HAHA wouldn't be nothing new..

The government does the same thing...

And yes according to ats's Creative license if I put say sporty's post on my site, I would have to give Sporty credit for it..

So I think ATS can get involved here//

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This could be serious. The management here needs to be informed and it needs to look into it. Ya'll ... U2U the 3 amigos .... let them know.

This thread is good. Others who have had their work stolen need to see.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is being looked into by staff, please stand by.

We'll be back shortly.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Management is looking into the issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
As far as I can tell most, if not every member podcast is up there - even my little 3 minute introduction one I recorded a few weeks back.

Thats kinda sucky, if there is revenue stream and the originators aren't getting a bean from it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm not sure of the legalities involved but did find this at the site:

LINK

Series: Conspiracy Theory PODcasts from AboveTopSecret.com
Owner: AboveTopSecret.com LLC
Description: Above Top Secret member podcasts with news and views about conspiracy theories, political cover-ups, new world order observations, police state commentary, and related topics. This feed contains the most recent 30 out of 316 total podcasts, for a full archive and access to other ATS feeds, visit www.abovetopsecret.com...
Categories: News & Politics

It shows ATS as the owner and gives a link to the podcast forum and talks about feeds.

Just posting FYI

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i see it as someone being nimble & quick...

so, a podcast maker that submits a 'title' on ATS
must refrain from putting that 'title' on another site...

but a nimble & quick entrupeneor? could submit that 'title'
at another 'Ad Revenue Sharing' site under another pseudonym...
and hope they don't get nailed for breaking the T&C at ATS

i'm not suggesting something- - i;m just pointing out how the
system can be manipulated...
one can publish on Lulu & any number of sites and get lost in the shuffle
for who knows how long

BTW, who owns, controls, silent-partners 'everyzing.com' ?
that might be a start

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Quote St Udio
BTW, who owns, controls, silent-partners 'everyzing.com' ?

Here is some background info that may or may not make you giggle about this.

This company is a spinoff of DARPA technology. DARPA funded BBN Technologies to developed software that will search for audio files and convert it to text. BBN also deployed it as a commercial application, and started a company called PodZinger. This was then renamed EveryZing.

BBN is a major defence contractor who helped usher ARPANET into existance. The technology they eventually developed for DARPA to convert speach to text is also used by the CIA. Seriously. Look it up.

BBN Technologies of Cambridge, Mass., has won a $16.4 million contract from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to develop a system that will solve the problem of transcribing speech and computer-encoded text directly into English text so that soldiers, commanders and other decision-makers will have quick access to such information.

So, here's the funny part. While you spend your time creating podcasts to rant about the horrors of DARPA & the gov, they in turn are using your podcast to make more money and perfect their research project. Isn't that hysterical? (See Irony) I guess turnabout is fair play?

Who did you say those ATS silent partners are again? (Just kidding)

Reference:
PodZinger Relaunches as 'EveryZing'

PodZinger Launches Audio Search Service

PodZinger has a way out of the Web-video conundrum: Make piracy pay

DARPA taps BBN Technologies for language translation work

BNN: Information Extraction from Speech

Building the government's translation machine, one year at a time

Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (GALE)

DARPA: GALE = a tool that not only translates, but picks out key intelligence troops can act on

John Makhoul, the head of BBN's GALE team

David J. Montana's HomePage

[edit on 8/9/07 by makeitso]

SR

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That's some crafty and devious tactics being employed right there. Damn there's always a crook out making a quick buck some how.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The podcast of mine I found on there was stolen and had its own description as if they were writing as if they were the author. O_o.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I'm not sure of the legalities involved but did find this at the site:

LINK

Series: Conspiracy Theory PODcasts from AboveTopSecret.com
Owner: AboveTopSecret.com LLC
Description: Above Top Secret member podcasts with news and views about conspiracy theories, political cover-ups, new world order observations, police state commentary, and related topics. This feed contains the most recent 30 out of 316 total podcasts, for a full archive and access to other ATS feeds, visit www.abovetopsecret.com...
Categories: News & Politics

It shows ATS as the owner and gives a link to the podcast forum and talks about feeds.

Just posting FYI

The site shows ATS as the owner yet does not give credit to the original author. All it does is give credit to the site... not ATS members ourselves.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Maverickhunter]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join